April 30, 2024, 09:58:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #33 10/07/10 - 10/17/10  (Read 190675 times)
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: October 16, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »

About Terri having the strength to carry Kyron and burry him...

... I think it's possible.

She lifted weights and "bodybuilt" to a championship place.

Even though that was in 2005 and Terri may have fluffed up a bit, and her muscles sorta shifted around, she could still have the strength - enough to do mean things.

I can carry a 55 pound "meatball" girl who is 6 years old compacted into a small body, with a little difficulty.

But, when I put her over the shoulder it becomes easier to carry.

And, I was never into muscle-building, or weighlifting.

Kyron is quoted to be: 50 pounds, and is 3 feet 8 inches tall.

So, with Terri being the fit type, it's possible.

IMO.

Though, who is to say that she did it herself, maybe she had help. Or, that she enticed Kyron into his own doom.

Just a thought.

Very Happy
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #841 on: October 16, 2010, 12:30:45 PM »

For Desiree to get on national t.v. and blast Terri's parents to raise the reward to 350k was just tacky. (from strawberry thunder's post)  While I thought it was wrong of Desiree to bring up Terri's parents like that, I also think that when a person is under that kind of mental anguish I don't think you pay attention to what you say, she is desperate. Also, I'm sure she is on medication, I would have no idea, but probably an antidepressant or anti anxiety pill. Again, I really don't even think she meant to say that, by all accounts Terri's parents seem to be nice people, but because Desiree believes Terri did something to Kyron, she is lashing out at her parents also. IMO
wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #842 on: October 16, 2010, 12:43:21 PM »

For Desiree to get on national t.v. and blast Terri's parents to raise the reward to 350k was just tacky. (from strawberry thunder's post)  While I thought it was wrong of Desiree to bring up Terri's parents like that, I also think that when a person is under that kind of mental anguish I don't think you pay attention to what you say, she is desperate. Also, I'm sure she is on medication, I would have no idea, but probably an antidepressant or anti anxiety pill. Again, I really don't even think she meant to say that, by all accounts Terri's parents seem to be nice people, but because Desiree believes Terri did something to Kyron, she is lashing out at her parents also. IMO
I was thinking the same thing. I've met Kaine's mom and she pretty much said the same thing you said NoRose. I really don't think Desiree meant to say it either. She's just exasperated and tired. People do strange things when under a lot of stress.
No one should mess with Momma Bear! 

strawberry thunder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #843 on: October 16, 2010, 12:47:29 PM »

Kaine is under the same mental anguish, yet he isn't on national television making outlandish demands of innocent grandparents. I do agree that she is in a delicate state of mind, but the Moulton's are innocent grandparents that misses their grandson and are also worried about the well-being of their daughter. Not to mention missing Kiara. I just think it's important to realize that Desiree isn't the only person in a delicate state right now. There are lots of people involved, affected and hurt by this tragedy and I don't discount one's pain for the other. It wouldn't be fair, imo.

Respectfully, all my opinions.

Let not a man guard his dignity, but let his dignity guard him.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: October 16, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »

I was thinking the same thing. I've met Kaine's mom and she pretty much said the same thing you said NoRose. I really don't think Desiree meant to say it either. She's just exasperated and tired. People do strange things when under a lot of stress.
No one should mess with Momma Bear! 
I don't even want to know what I would all say    Thank-you for telling what Kaine's mom said.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: October 16, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »

Kaine is under the same mental anguish, yet he isn't on national television making outlandish demands of innocent grandparents. I do agree that she is in a delicate state of mind, but the Moulton's are innocent grandparents that misses their grandson and are also worried about the well-being of their daughter. Not to mention missing Kiara. I just think it's important to realize that Desiree isn't the only person in a delicate state right now. There are lots of people involved, affected and hurt by this tragedy and I don't discount one's pain for the other. It wouldn't be fair, imo.

I agree Kaine is under the same anguish, and other family members as well, I just thought we were talking about what Desiree said during the presser.
strawberry thunder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #846 on: October 16, 2010, 01:19:06 PM »

I agree Kaine is under the same anguish, and other family members as well, I just thought we were talking about what Desiree said during the presser.

Yes, we were. I was pointing out that Kaine is suffering the same anguish as Desiree, yet he is not lashing out at innocent people.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: October 16, 2010, 01:23:51 PM »

Honestly I would have no idea who Kaine is or is not lashing out at, just because he didn't do it at a presser, doesn't mean he isn't doing that at family, friends or at work. Being in this much anguish and pain, I would be surprised to find out he isn't angry and lashing out.
strawberry thunder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #848 on: October 16, 2010, 01:26:30 PM »

Honestly I would have no idea who Kaine is or is not lashing out at, just because he didn't do it at a presser, doesn't mean he isn't doing that at family, friends or at work. Being in this much anguish and pain, I would be surprised to find out he isn't angry and lashing out.

Yes, I am sure he is. But, we were talking about Desiree lashing out on national television. Kaine has not done that and that is what I was referencing.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: October 16, 2010, 01:37:43 PM »

Yes, I didn't think it was the thing to do bringing up Terri's parents, but I sort of give parents of missing children a break, I've watched way too many parents on TV wanting and begging for their child to come home. Under these circumstances I'm sure parents say things they would have preferred not to.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #850 on: October 16, 2010, 01:38:04 PM »

Also I'd like to add on the Desiree $$ issue.  As we do not know where the 350$ or whatever amount it may be came from....she couldn't have been calling out anyone specific, right??!!  JMO.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: October 16, 2010, 01:38:25 PM »

Thank you Brandi. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
strawberry thunder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #852 on: October 16, 2010, 01:41:44 PM »

Also I'd like to add on the Desiree $$ issue.  As we do not know where the 350$ or whatever amount it may be came from....she couldn't have been calling out anyone specific, right??!!  JMO.

Yes, she called them out specifically.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: October 16, 2010, 01:45:53 PM »

I think it's time to move on from the tacky/not tacky discussion please.  It's really going nowhere.  I know it's difficult when there isn't much new information being released and we're left with hashing and rehashing what little bit of info we have, which leaves us discussing theories, rumors and etc.  I don't really think anyone can be prepared for when a loved one disappears.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #854 on: October 16, 2010, 01:49:06 PM »

I think it's time to move on from the tacky/not tacky discussion please.  It's really going nowhere.  I know it's difficult when there isn't much new information being released and we're left with hashing and rehashing what little bit of info we have, which leaves us discussing theories, rumors and etc.  I don't really think anyone can be prepared for when a loved one disappears.  JMHO
ITA Muffy - I wouldn't ever want to be in their shoes. I just can't imagine what they are going through. I just feel so sorry for the whole family as a whole.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: October 16, 2010, 01:49:08 PM »

http://portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=128715916439618800
Kyron task force will take fresh look at investigation
Sheriff says leads will be prioritized in missing boy case
October 15, 2010

A 20-member task force has been formed to continue investigating the disappearance of Kyron Horman.

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton outlined operations of the task force Thursday morning during an appearance before county commissioners. The commission approved $209,656 to help pay investigative costs, which Staton said totaled more than $1 million.

Kyron was 7 when he disappeared from Skyline Elementary School on the morning of June 4. The sheriff’s office launched a large-scale investigation with the assistance of multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Multnomah County district attorney’s office and the FBI. Much of the attention has focused on Kyron’s stepmother, Terri Horman, who brought him to school.
No one has been named a suspect or a person of interest in the case. Terri Horman has not been accused of any crime in connection with the boy's disappearance.

According to Staton, the task force will be in place for 120 days. Among other things, it review all of the information that has been collected, including more than 3,000 tips from the public. A prioritized list of leads will be compiled and investigated.

A report will be completed by Nov. 1 that will be reviewed by Staton and the district attorney's office. An assessment review will be completed prior to Feb. 1, 2011. At that time, recommendations will be made regarding the future of the task force.

The sheriff’s office is contributing 10 employees to the task force, including Staton, a chief deputy, an operations captain and three detectives. The district attorney's office is dedicating five employees, including two chief deputies.

The FBI, the Oregon State Police, the Portland Police Bureau, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office are each contributing one employee.

Kyron’s parents, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young, support Staton’s decision to form the task force.

There's a link to click on to see the Sheriff's plan for the New Kyron Horman Task Force in pdf. format

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: October 16, 2010, 01:51:23 PM »

ITA Muffy - I wouldn't ever want to be in their shoes. I just can't imagine what they are going through. I just feel so sorry for the whole family as a whole.

I can't begin to imagine either, wantkyhome. 

strawberry thunder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #857 on: October 16, 2010, 02:20:58 PM »

http://portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=128715916439618800
Kyron task force will take fresh look at investigation
Sheriff says leads will be prioritized in missing boy case
October 15, 2010

A 20-member task force has been formed to continue investigating the disappearance of Kyron Horman.

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton outlined operations of the task force Thursday morning during an appearance before county commissioners. The commission approved $209,656 to help pay investigative costs, which Staton said totaled more than $1 million.

Kyron was 7 when he disappeared from Skyline Elementary School on the morning of June 4. The sheriff’s office launched a large-scale investigation with the assistance of multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Multnomah County district attorney’s office and the FBI. Much of the attention has focused on Kyron’s stepmother, Terri Horman, who brought him to school.
No one has been named a suspect or a person of interest in the case. Terri Horman has not been accused of any crime in connection with the boy's disappearance.

According to Staton, the task force will be in place for 120 days. Among other things, it review all of the information that has been collected, including more than 3,000 tips from the public. A prioritized list of leads will be compiled and investigated.

A report will be completed by Nov. 1 that will be reviewed by Staton and the district attorney's office. An assessment review will be completed prior to Feb. 1, 2011. At that time, recommendations will be made regarding the future of the task force.

The sheriff’s office is contributing 10 employees to the task force, including Staton, a chief deputy, an operations captain and three detectives. The district attorney's office is dedicating five employees, including two chief deputies.

The FBI, the Oregon State Police, the Portland Police Bureau, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office are each contributing one employee.

Kyron’s parents, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young, support Staton’s decision to form the task force.

There's a link to click on to see the Sheriff's plan for the New Kyron Horman Task Force in pdf. format

That worries me. What's going to happen after 120 days? Will they just file this case away as a cold case and only bring it out if new information surfaces? This is just so sad. This little boy is out there somewhere and someone knows where. Sadly, I don't feel like he is alive.  

I'm sorry, I just don't have much faith in this investigation. I think it's already at a stand still and only getting worse.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: October 16, 2010, 02:29:43 PM »

About Terri having the strength to carry Kyron and burry him...

... I think it's possible.

She lifted weights and "bodybuilt" to a championship place.

Even though that was in 2005 and Terri may have fluffed up a bit, and her muscles sorta shifted around, she could still have the strength - enough to do mean things.

I can carry a 55 pound "meatball" girl who is 6 years old compacted into a small body, with a little difficulty.

But, when I put her over the shoulder it becomes easier to carry.

And, I was never into muscle-building, or weighlifting.

Kyron is quoted to be: 50 pounds, and is 3 feet 8 inches tall.

So, with Terri being the fit type, it's possible.

IMO.

Though, who is to say that she did it herself, maybe she had help. Or, that she enticed Kyron into his own doom.

Just a thought.

Very Happy

Thanks for your thoughts.  If only we knew and Kyron was back home where he belongs.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #859 on: October 16, 2010, 02:33:37 PM »

I know this is rehashing a theme covered way back then, but I still find it very odd that Terri had gone to the newspaper to post "anonymously" on her behalf.

I put myself in her situation and wonder if I would do the same, if others in the same situation would do the same.

"PORTLAND, Ore. - KATU News has been tracking postings by Kyron Horman’s stepmother, Terri Horman, on KATU.com’s comment section. While there are no bombshells in them it is the first time she has communicated publicly about her stepson’s disappearance."

"For example, five days after Kyron disappeared, KATU On Your Side investigators found Terri and her husband, Kaine, leaving their gym after a workout.

People commented about it and called her actions “unbelievable.”

Terri responded: “Wow. Unless you know all the details, the stress, the worry, the pain, you have nothing to speak of. You are merely making assumptions - you have no facts, details or knowledge to present so please refrain from your accusations,” she wrote.
"

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97541389.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.