April 18, 2024, 04:49:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is coming of celebrities? The role models for children?  (Read 4826 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« on: February 17, 2007, 11:10:23 PM »

Even before the tragedy of Anna Nicole Smith, our young celebrities of today are out of control!  There have been many tragedies over the decades of celebrities, but are they getting younger and worse?  Lindsey Lohan is in rehab before she is old enough to drink.  Don't need to say much about Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie.  Now Britney Spears comes back out, but in worse behavior than ever.   What should be done to save these young celebrities?  Here is the latest of one screaming out for help.

Is Brit Headed for a Breakdown?
Posted Feb 17th 2007 3:00AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Britney Spears, Let's Get This Party Started

After checking herself out of rehab and slumming it in coach on an American Airlines flight back to L.A., Britney Spears had something to prove.

As soon as she landed, Brit stopped at a Tarzana salon and asked them to shave her head. When the hairdresser refused, a source says Spears "grabbed the hair clipper and started doing it herself," reports Us Weekly.

Then she jetted over to Body & Soul Tattoo in Sherman Oaks, where employee Emily Wynne-Hughes says the singer was agitated and a "nightmare" to deal with. When asked about her new 'do, an exasperated Britney told Hughes, "I don't want anyone touching me. I'm tired of everyone touching me."

Her two new tattoos -- a black, white and pink cross on her hip and red and pink lips on her wrist -- cost $80. During the one-hour visit, the employee noticed a stain on the singer's white handbag, and Brit explained she had "spilled Nyquil all over it."

The employee says it was clear that the fallen pop princess was "on the verge of a nervous breakdown."

See www.17online.com for pics and videos of her shaving her head. She is on a fast road down.  In the aftermath of Anna Nicole Smith tragedy. These girls/women have children of there own!
These are the role models of our children!  Are there ANY good ones left?
What, if anything can be done?

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:28:13 PM »

This is where as consumers, we have to exercise our freedom of speech.  Remember in the early 80's when this behavior was unacceptable and they wouldn't allow the whole bump and grind routine on t.v.?  Now, if you fall asleep watching a decent movie on Cimeimax and wake up late at night..OH MY!

I don't understand why women, particulary younger women are allowing ourselves to be taken back to a time where women aren't considered serious.

Where did this stripper mentality start? We have to start demanding more as consumers, because as you know, money is the ONLY thing that advertisers answer to....  unfortunately, I fear too many people don't see the "big deal".

I agree with you though DiHannah...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 11:57:58 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
This is where as consumers, we have to exercise our freedom of speech.  Remember in the early 80's when this behavior was unacceptable and they wouldn't allow the whole bump and grind routine on t.v.?  Now, if you fall asleep watching a decent movie on Cimeimax and wake up late at night..OH MY!

I don't understand why women, particulary younger women are allowing ourselves to be taken back to a time where women aren't considered serious.

Where did this stripper mentality start? We have to start demanding more as consumers, because as you know, money is the ONLY thing that advertisers answer to....  unfortunately, I fear too many people don't see the "big deal".

I agree with you though DiHannah...

So true Mrs. Red.  But t.v. is catering to a newer, younger generation and they eat it up!  I just heard tonight where 2 models, who were sisters both died of anorexia.  My gosh, where were the parents to stop this?!   I have to (uncomfortably) laugh, because I know I sound like my parents generation, but as a mother, I understand now.  Each generation digresses.....  It scares the hell out of me to think of what my 3 yr. old grandson will see when he grows up.  

You and I are consumers, but what impact do WE really have?  What are WE as consumer doing about it, if we even can....

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 01:33:12 PM »

My daughters and I discuss this from time to time. I want them to understand the consequences of demeaning yourself in the way that celebrities do. They sell their souls for money and fame, and they have no self-respect left.
I am trying to teach my kids that even though they will be confronted with all these images, it's not the way to go. You can't isolate kids from the media anymore, so you have to teach them who to admire, and who to ignore.
I want them to admire ordinary people who do extraordinary things out of love or courage or grief. People like Tim Miller. He may not be glamorous or rich, but he is a truly heroic man.
I am teaching my son not to exploit women, and how to resist being used himself, because he is a good looking boy. I've even seen his teachers let him slide on things because he is so cute. Shocked I want him to use his brain, and not his looks to get ahead. To earn his place in life by what he does, and not because he looks good. It's hard to do when even his older sisters' friends have crushes on him, and tell him he's cute, and his teachers are willing to expect less from him.  
We are obsessed with looks, fame and money in this country. Most celebrities don't deserve what they are paid, and are no role models for anyone.
Most of them are immoral, self-absorbed, and insecure people with no self-control. Not much there to admire. Even their looks aren't real, in most cases. They are illusions, even to themselves.
I want my kids to be real, and live real lives, and try to make a difference in the world.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 07:43:12 PM »

I agree the current celebrity worship is out of control.

Pdh3, you are doing an excellent job by communicating with your children about which role models are good and which are not good.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 02:42:16 PM »

I'm trying Louise, thanks! I hope some of it gets through to them. I face stiff competition.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.