April 19, 2024, 09:16:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #584 2/18 - 2/25/2007  (Read 123257 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: February 18, 2007, 01:46:03 AM »

Let's hope 2007 brings Justice for Natalee

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 01:33:12 AM »

Good Morning All,

This is a first, starting out the cage.

Have a good day, everyone.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 01:34:09 AM »

Sleuth - don't rush me...not morning yet where I am  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 01:39:15 AM »

OK..I'm going to play a few games then call it a night myself - see you all tomorrow!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 02:02:32 AM »

a paint gun ?????  Laughing

yea  likely  story, next you'll be telling us you lost your sneakers too  Laughing

night Klaas !!

I continue to stand with the girl.
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 02:32:08 AM »

Hi everyone who are still here lurking and night to those who are headed to bed.

Just caught up and wanted to post then head for bed myself.

On the wiring tapping:  Maybe the DEA or FBI was working on a possible sting operation..."Big Brother Watching You" kind of thing since Aruba was placed on the list of drug trafficking and laundering, back in the Clinton Whitehouse days. Maybe they were keeping eyes and ears on the VanderSloots all along, since Joran is a big drug dealer in Aruba and, bless her heart, Natalee got placed in the middle of evil and corrupt people who the US Officials were wire tapping.
Bachus said something about wiretaps. ALE/Rudy Croes asked Interpole to try and get information that the FBI had. Wonder if the wire taps may be a part of it?

On who was Online in the early hours at the VanderSloots:  Remember early on in the investigation it was said that Freddy and Koen had spent the night over at Jorans house. Perhaps it was one of them who were there online.  Maybe they recorded Natalee that night and uploaded it off Freddy's camera online and Koen was assisting on Joran's pc?

On what PVDS said about Joran going to Africa:  Maybe they feel there is easier prey in Africa with the women for trafficking. Both women and children slave market and sex trafficking. The drug industry there is growing also.  Just think, in Africa, Aids is killing more in numbers there than any other Country in the world.  I hardly doubt they are going to send Joran to Africa to teach him a lesson, grow up and learn any kinds of responsibility. If nothing else, they are sending him there for hiding for his safety, or to do what I mentioned above.

Klaas, I had an idea. Remember back in the Gulf War they had playing cards of all the most wanted terrorist were includig Sudam? We should make playing cards with Aruba's most wanted list on the backs of the cards.  Wanted: For crimes against tourist 20 times, corrupt ALE and Officials, lying witnesses, Mothers who blind the world with see through blouses, ect. Give them nic-names under their "Wanted poster" picture.  LOL  Was just a funny thought I had.

On the 11 year old girl missing:  I am sad she was taken from her father, but glad she is still alive and it was her mother who took her instead of some unknown person, or she end up missing with no one knowing where she is or with whom.   I have a feeling this will end up in the courts in a custody battle. As far as we know, this little girls father could of taken her from her mother awhile back and hidden in Aruba, the no corruption lawless isle.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 07:12:24 AM »

Good morning monkeys....
Happy Lundi Gras!!!!!!!!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 07:47:37 AM »

Good morning.

Hugs to ya, Cubbee!  Been thinking about you.

Back to working and lurking.

Have a great day.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 07:53:56 AM »

Good Morning, Monkeys!

Having my morning coffee and reading a bit...

Cold as HECK here this morning!!l! Brrrrrr
5 degrees...actual temp.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 08:14:21 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/
AweMainta
http://www.awemainta.com/
Aruba Today
http://www.arubatoday.com/
Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 08:22:54 AM »

Is is a holiday in Aruba?  Not one newspaper has today's edition including Diario.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 10:14:57 AM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Is is a holiday in Aruba?  Not one newspaper has today's edition including Diario.

Aruba has more Holidays than work days.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 10:21:21 AM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Leslie"

Aruba has more Holidays than work days.

CARNAVAL SHEDULE 2007
6 JANUARI - 8:00 p.m.
            Parada di Flambeu di Tivoli -Ruta: cuminza na Aruba Entertainment Center- Avenida Milio J. Croes, - Vondelaan - L.G. Smith Blvd. caba na DOW.

7 JANUARI - 6:30 P.M.
            Eleccion di Prins y Pancho infantil, juvenil y grandi na Club Caiquetio.

13 JANUARI 7:00 P.M.
            Calipso y Roadmarch Contest infantil na Aruba Entertainment Center

16 JANUARI
            Inscripcion di Calypso y Roadmarch Contest Centro di Bario Brazil

19 JANUARI
            Elecciondi Sra. carnaval den Club Caiquetio

20 JANUARI - 7:30 P.M.    
Tumba Contest

21 JANUARI - 2:00 P.M.
            Parada di Blaas na San Nicolas
            Ruta: Pastoor Hendrikstraat - Caya D. Cooper - Caya Capt. H. Rodger (Grensweg) - Lagoweg, Bernhardstraat, Vuylestekestraat, Pastoor Hendrikstraat y termina na Joe Laveist Sport Park.

22 JANUARI - 8:00 P.M.
            Pre final Calypso y Roadmarch Contest - Centro di Bario Brazil

23 JANUARI - 8:00 p.m.
            Prefinal Claypso y Roadmarch Contest -       Centro di Bario Brazil

24 JANUARI - 8:00 P.M.
            Prefinal Calypso y Roadmarch Contest - Centro di Bario Brazil

26 JANUARI - 7:30 P.M.
            Eleccion di Reina Infantil den Aruba -Entertainment Center

27 JANUARI - 7:30 P.M.
            Gran final Calypso y Roadmarch Contest -Joe Laveist Sportpark

28 JANUARI 2:00 P.M.
            Parada hubenil na Playa. Ruta: mesun di parada di flambeu

2 FEBRUARI - 8:00 P.M.
            Eleccion di Reina hubenil - Aruba Entertainment Center

3 FEBRUARI - 8:00 P.M.
            Parada di Luz - San Nicolas -Ruta: mesun parada di blaas

4 FEBRUARI - 10:00 AM.
            Traspaso di mando pa Promer Minister na Prins y Pancho - dilanti oficina di
        Gobierno
            2:00 p.m -  Parada di Mucha na San Nicolas -Ruta: Mesun cu parada di blaas

8 FEBRUARI - 8:00 P.M.
            Hebbe  Hebbe Happening - Dilanti Postkantoor Oranjestad

9 FEBRUARI - 8:00 P.M.
            Eleccion di Reina Grandi di Carnaval - Aruba Entertainment Center

10 FEBRUARI - 1:00 P.M.
            Parada di mucha na Noord. Ruta: Veld Bubali straight pa Centro di Bario Noord

11 FEBRUARI - 1:00 P.M.
            Parada di mucha na Playa - Ruta: mesun di parada di flambeu

15 FEBRUARI - 8:00 p.m.
            Festival di Steelband - Aruba Entertainment Center

16 FEBRUARI - 8:00 p.m.    
Jubu Templates -  San Nicolas

17 FEBRUARI - 4:00 A.M.
Youvert Morning y Pyjama Party - S.N. - mesun ruta
            parada di blaas
                        1:00 p.m.         Parada grandi di canraval na San Nicolas
                                                mesun ruta parada di blaas

18 FEBRUARI - 12:00 P.M.  
            E di 53 parada di carnaval na Playa.
            Ruta: set up ariba Avenida Milio J. Croes (Fergusonstraat, Vondellaan, L.G Smith
            Blvd. - final na DOW.

19 FEBRUARI: - 5:00 P.M.
Parada di cabay
                        7:00 p.m.         Parada di momito - San Nicolas
                        ruta: mesun di parada di mucha

20 FEBRUARI - 8:00 p.m.    
Kimamento di momo Playa

22 FEBRUARI
Presentacion di premionan

San - you are correct!  Laughing
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 11:36:02 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!!

Did the article with Paulus' reply come out?  If so, can someone direct me to where it is - If it is worth reading.  Or will it just pi$$ me off?

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 11:41:49 AM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
Good Morning Monkeys!!

Did the article with Paulus' reply come out?  If so, can someone direct me to where it is - If it is worth reading.  Or will it just pi$$ me off?

I'll go find it but the article wasn't a reply to his (PVDS) losing his case in Aruba.  The interview was done prior to PVDS court hearing on 2/13.

Here's the link to the translated article:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?p=118598&highlight=ramm#118598
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 11:49:23 AM »

Native Aruban Sidney Ponson Pitcher for the Minnesota Twins

http://**/mld/pioneerpress/16730377.htm

Ponson ready for last chance
BY JASON WILLIAMS
Pioneer Press
FORT MYERS, Fla.

Last stop between another Fresh Start and The End. And the Twins' Sidney Ponson, who has cashed too many reality checks the past two years, knows it.

"It's make or break for my career this year," the oft-troubled pitcher said soon after reporting to spring training with his new team Sunday morning. "If I mess up, I don't think I'm going to get any more chances."

Ponson hasn't thrown a pitch yet for the Twins, with the first spring training workout for pitchers and catchers scheduled for this morning. But for what it's worth, the veteran right-hander made a good first impression on mandatory reporting day.

Ponson showed up early Sunday morning, joining about a dozen new teammates for a brief workout. He's fresh off an offseason in which he lost weight, had minor elbow surgery, got engaged and, most important, decided to ditch the destructive lifestyle that derailed his once-promising career.

"As soon as the offseason came, I put it behind me," Ponson said. "You have to leave the bad habits in the past. It's a clean slate. My personal life is (in order). You guys know what happened in the past, and I'm not going to do that again. I'm not going to put my mom and family and friends through that, and especially the organization."

It's worth noting that Ponson has made similar promises before, only to backslide into his bad habits. For instance, Ponson said he was a changed man after spending 11 days in jail in his native Aruba stemming from a Christmas Day 2004 altercation with a judge on a beach. But Ponson's life went into a tailspin after that.

Three weeks after being released from jail, Ponson was arrested for drunken driving in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. That reportedly angered the Baltimore Orioles organization, which had signed him to a three-year, $22.5 million contract before the 2004 season. Ponson was arrested on a drunken-driving charge again in August 2005, leading the Orioles to release him and terminate his contract.

Ponson, 80-96 with a 4.89 earned-run average in nine big-league seasons, never has recovered in his career. He was designated for assignment twice last season. St. Louis cut him loose after he posted a 5.24 earned-run average in 14 appearances. The New York Yankees let him go after he accrued a 10.47 ERA in five outings.

The Chicago Cubs showed interest in signing Ponson this winter, but he liked the small-market appeal and pitching-rich tradition of the Twins and signed a minor league deal that will pay him $1 million if he makes the team out of spring training.

The Twins have a good-guy reputation, and Ponson said the support system he has in pitching coach Rick Anderson, two-time Cy Young winner Johan Santana and former San Francisco Giants teammate Joe Nathan should help get his career back on track.

"I think this organization is a real nice fit for him," said Nathan, the all-star closer. "He's going to fit in. He's a good guy, and everything that's happened to him is behind him."

Signing with the Twins capped what Ponson said was a turning-point offseason. He got engaged to his sweetheart of two years, and they are planning a November wedding. He didn't spend as much time in Aruba as he had during previous offseasons. He said he spent a total of three weeks there, instead of the usual six. Ponson said he celebrated his 30th birthday there in November and returned for Christmas.

"I had to get away from the people who really know me back there," he said.

Ponson spent most of his time in Fort Lauderdale, perhaps taking steps toward overcoming his reputation of being lazy. The most obvious indication that he is ready is his weight seems to be under control. That quells some of the concerns the Twins had when they signed him to the low-risk deal early last month.

By no means is Ponson svelte — as evidenced by the cherub cheeks, double chin and Tony Batista-looking paunch. But Ponson is nowhere near the 280 pounds he was rumored to have ballooned to last season. He appears to be in decent shape and said as much. He only would say he has "lost a couple of pounds," and he is expected to be weighed today. He added that he weighed 269 pounds in 2003 — the year he won a career-high 17 games with Baltimore and San Francisco.

"Nobody worried about (my weight) then," Ponson said. "But (criticism) comes with the territory when you sign a big contract and you're not doing good."

Ponson also had minor surgery Oct. 9 to remove bone chips from his elbow. He said he had battled elbow soreness for a few years. Ponson started his offseason throwing program in November, the earliest he had ever started throwing.

Ponson worked out with some major leaguers, including throwing batting practice to former Twin and south Florida resident Shannon Stewart. Ponson said he threw about a dozen bullpen sessions in the offseason and is feeling great, an indication that the bone chips might have contributed to his struggles almost as much as his off-the-field issues.

"I'm hungry," Ponson said. "I'm ready to rock 'n' roll. I want to have a (victory) parade in October
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 12:05:48 PM »

Lawyer admits stealing more than $20 million

2/19/2007  

WHITE PLAINS (AP) - A lawyer pleaded guilty to stealing more than $20 million from a bank and at least one client, spending the loot on vacation homes, a wedding and generous salaries for his employees, authorities said.
Under a deal with prosecutors, Anthony Bellettieri, 53, faces more than a decade in prison after admitting in federal court to bank and mail fraud dating to at least 2003.

Bellettieri, a real estate lawyer, stole the funds through check kiting - taking money from his law firm's escrow account and writing checks on another account to cover the escrow account's losses.

According to J.P. Morgan Chase, the primary victim, the tactic worked partly because he used checks with a printed error. The scheme fell apart after the bank issued correct checks in November.

Prosecutor Cynthia Keefe Dunne said the stolen money paid for, among other things, a swimming pool at Bellettieri's Pleasantville home, a family wedding, high salaries for the law firm's workers and condos in Miami Beach and Aruba.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070219/3068182.asp

Wonder what his nickname at RU is, lol  Laughing
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 12:23:07 PM »

Thanks Klaas - you're the best.  I'll go read now...

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 12:24:55 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Native Aruban Sidney Ponson Pitcher for the Minnesota Twins

http://**/mld/pioneerpress/16730377.htm

Ponson ready for last chance
BY JASON WILLIAMS
Pioneer Press
FORT MYERS, Fla.

Last stop between another Fresh Start and The End. And the Twins' Sidney Ponson, who has cashed too many reality checks the past two years, knows it.

"It's make or break for my career this year," the oft-troubled pitcher said soon after reporting to spring training with his new team Sunday morning. "If I mess up, I don't think I'm going to get any more chances."

Ponson hasn't thrown a pitch yet for the Twins, with the first spring training workout for pitchers and catchers scheduled for this morning. But for what it's worth, the veteran right-hander made a good first impression on mandatory reporting day.

Ponson showed up early Sunday morning, joining about a dozen new teammates for a brief workout. He's fresh off an offseason in which he lost weight, had minor elbow surgery, got engaged and, most important, decided to ditch the destructive lifestyle that derailed his once-promising career.

"As soon as the offseason came, I put it behind me," Ponson said. "You have to leave the bad habits in the past. It's a clean slate. My personal life is (in order). You guys know what happened in the past, and I'm not going to do that again. I'm not going to put my mom and family and friends through that, and especially the organization."

It's worth noting that Ponson has made similar promises before, only to backslide into his bad habits. For instance, Ponson said he was a changed man after spending 11 days in jail in his native Aruba stemming from a Christmas Day 2004 altercation with a judge on a beach. But Ponson's life went into a tailspin after that.

Three weeks after being released from jail, Ponson was arrested for drunken driving in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. That reportedly angered the Baltimore Orioles organization, which had signed him to a three-year, $22.5 million contract before the 2004 season. Ponson was arrested on a drunken-driving charge again in August 2005, leading the Orioles to release him and terminate his contract.

Ponson, 80-96 with a 4.89 earned-run average in nine big-league seasons, never has recovered in his career. He was designated for assignment twice last season. St. Louis cut him loose after he posted a 5.24 earned-run average in 14 appearances. The New York Yankees let him go after he accrued a 10.47 ERA in five outings.

The Chicago Cubs showed interest in signing Ponson this winter, but he liked the small-market appeal and pitching-rich tradition of the Twins and signed a minor league deal that will pay him $1 million if he makes the team out of spring training.

The Twins have a good-guy reputation, and Ponson said the support system he has in pitching coach Rick Anderson, two-time Cy Young winner Johan Santana and former San Francisco Giants teammate Joe Nathan should help get his career back on track.

"I think this organization is a real nice fit for him," said Nathan, the all-star closer. "He's going to fit in. He's a good guy, and everything that's happened to him is behind him."

Signing with the Twins capped what Ponson said was a turning-point offseason. He got engaged to his sweetheart of two years, and they are planning a November wedding. He didn't spend as much time in Aruba as he had during previous offseasons. He said he spent a total of three weeks there, instead of the usual six. Ponson said he celebrated his 30th birthday there in November and returned for Christmas.

"I had to get away from the people who really know me back there," he said.

Ponson spent most of his time in Fort Lauderdale, perhaps taking steps toward overcoming his reputation of being lazy. The most obvious indication that he is ready is his weight seems to be under control. That quells some of the concerns the Twins had when they signed him to the low-risk deal early last month.

By no means is Ponson svelte — as evidenced by the cherub cheeks, double chin and Tony Batista-looking paunch. But Ponson is nowhere near the 280 pounds he was rumored to have ballooned to last season. He appears to be in decent shape and said as much. He only would say he has "lost a couple of pounds," and he is expected to be weighed today. He added that he weighed 269 pounds in 2003 — the year he won a career-high 17 games with Baltimore and San Francisco.

"Nobody worried about (my weight) then," Ponson said. "But (criticism) comes with the territory when you sign a big contract and you're not doing good."

Ponson also had minor surgery Oct. 9 to remove bone chips from his elbow. He said he had battled elbow soreness for a few years. Ponson started his offseason throwing program in November, the earliest he had ever started throwing.

Ponson worked out with some major leaguers, including throwing batting practice to former Twin and south Florida resident Shannon Stewart. Ponson said he threw about a dozen bullpen sessions in the offseason and is feeling great, an indication that the bone chips might have contributed to his struggles almost as much as his off-the-field issues.

"I'm hungry," Ponson said. "I'm ready to rock 'n' roll. I want to have a (victory) parade in October

I was pissed when the Yankees got him for that brief period.

I hope they rock him right out of the league.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »

Hi everyone !

Klaas didn't we look into Ponson's trial in Aruba and he had Smid or another judge also in the Holloway case? I recall some sort of connection but don't you just love he had to stay away from those who really know him? Another one of Aruba's fine native sons with inside connections  Rolling Eyes

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.