April 26, 2024, 04:43:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $23 an hour jobs hard to come by...  (Read 1110 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 06, 2010, 07:00:16 AM »

The unions in my area have been making some concessions in the few remaining manufacturing jobs left in Wisconsin - more flexibility for owners. 

The mantra has changed from "I'm smart, I can get a job anywhere." to "This is one of the few jobs left that can support a family."

How many folks would welcome that $23 hour housekeeper's job?  How many folks make $23 an hour? 

How many union workers ever find an equal or better job when their former employer outsources or moves their job?

How many jobs do illegal aliens take?

The furor over Meg Whitman's employment of an illegal immigrant continued to roil the California governor's race Tuesday, with her former housekeeper filing a claim with the state seeking unpaid wages and attorney Gloria Allred denying claims that her involvement has been funded by Whitman's political enemies.

How much in unpaid wages can this woman possibly have?

The celebrity attorney filed a claim with the state Department of Industrial Relations seeking unpaid wages and mileage reimbursement, but declined to release the details about the claim. The department said Diaz Santillan's claim asked for $6,210.

Whitman has said she hired Diaz Santillan through an employment agency, saw what appeared to be legitimate documentation and fired her after the housekeeper came to her in 2009 and told her she was in the country illegally.

I recall that in some legislation, there are no sanctions against employers who hire folks through unions/bargaining units when it comes to hiring illegal aliens/the undocumented.

What more could Whitman have done?  How many jobs are taken by illegal aliens using employment agencies or unions?

Allred produced a 2003 letter from the federal government to Whitman and her husband that stated Diaz Santillan's Social Security number did not match her name; the letter bore handwriting believed to be that of Whitman's husband, neurosurgeon Griff Harsh.

Where has this letter been all these years and why does Allred have it?

more here - http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-1006-whitman-20101006,0,3603136.story

Was Diaz collecting welfare for her family while working for Whitman?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.