April 23, 2024, 02:49:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcon Lake Shooting: David Michael Hartley Feared Dead(arrest)  (Read 61487 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »

IMO, they weren't there sightseeing, they were there buying an AR-15 or drugs and the deal went bad.

BBM - this has been my theory from the beginning.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2010, 07:46:26 AM »

http://www.themonitor.com/news/mexican-43489-officials-reports.html
Mexican officials: No suspects in Hartley death, despite reports
Comments 0
October 10, 2010 10:28 PM
ZAPATA — Mexican officials said Sunday they still had no suspects and no body following the disappearance of a McAllen man widely presumed dead after his wife reported the couple came under attack by “pirates” 10 days earlier on the Mexican side of Falcon Reservoir.

Despite reports Saturday by U.S. and Mexican news outlets that a Tamaulipas official had identified two brothers as the men responsible for David Michael Hartley’s death, Mexican authorities categorically denied on Sunday that they had any suspects.

Both men reportedly belong to a gang operating out of a town near the reservoir’s southern end, according to The Associated Press. The news broke Saturday when Spanish-language newspaper El Universal reported that Juan Carlos Ballesteros, a Tamaulipas State Police group leader based in Miguel Alemán, had identified the duo.

Hartley, 30, was fatally shot in the head when three boats of gunmen opened fire on him and wife Tiffany Young-Hartley on Sept. 30 as the couple were riding personal watercraft on the Mexican side of the lake, according to U.S. investigators.
In a media blitz that has brought widespread attention to the case, Young-Hartley, 29, went on all the major TV networks and cable news outlets last week with her account of fleeing for her life to the U.S. shore of the lake after trying in vain to get her husband’s limp body onto her personal watercraft. Earlier in the week, Mexican officials questioned her version of events, saying they had found no evidence of the purported attack or Hartley’s remains.

Ruben Dario Rios Lopez, a spokesman for the state attorney general’s office in Tamaulipas, known by its Spanish designation PGJ-Tamaulipas, denied that Mexican authorities had identified any suspects and said his office would have been informed if that were true.

“Neither the (Tamaulipas) attorney general’s office nor the personnel working in this investigation have named any suspects,” he said in Spanish. We (the state attorney general’s office) did not release that information. We do not know where it came from, or how it came out, and why those names appeared in (El Universal).”

“Officially, there is nothing,” said Rios Lopez, who works directly with Tamaulipas Attorney General Jaime Rodriguez Inurrigarro.

A Tamaulipas State Police representative reached Sunday night at the agency’s Miguel Alemán office confirmed there is a group leader there named Juan Carlos Ballesteros. But the representative referred requests for comment to the state police office in Reynosa, which was closed Sunday night. The offices in Reynosa and in Miguel Alemán are both under the Tamaulipas attorney general’s jurisdiction.

Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez – whose office is heading the U.S. investigation – said Sunday that he had received no official word the two men named in the Universal report were considered suspects and that he hadn’t heard their names before
At least two local TV stations carried the story about the suspects Saturday night, with one of them citing El Universal as the source of the information. Gonzalez said at the time that he wasn’t sure where the information was coming from and hadn’t heard about the suspects.

Meanwhile, searches by U.S. and Mexican officials on both sides of the reservoir have failed to turn up Hartley’s body.

Doubts about his wife’s harrowing tale of a pirate attack emerged during the search as officials not directly involved in the case expressed skepticism. Gonzalez, the sheriff, said he considers Young-Hartley’s account of her husband’s disappearance credible.

U.S. Border Patrol agents and Texas Park and Wildlife Department officials continued efforts to find Hartley’s body Sunday.

Two days earlier, on Friday, Mexican officials came under attack on their side of the binational waterway during their own search operation, Gonzalez said.

Mexican Army Lt. Héctor Gerardo López Arellanes confirmed the attack occurred in Ciudad Mier as a convoy was on its way from Miguel Alemán to Falcon Reservoir to continue with the search. Three drug cartel members were killed, but no soldiers were injured in the incident.

____

Martha L. Hernández covers Mission, western Hidalgo County and general assignments for The Monitor. She can be reached at (956) 683-4846. Dave Hendricks covers McAllen and general assignments for The Monitor. He can be reached at (956) 683-4452.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2010, 01:07:52 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/11/texas.missing.american.seach/
Wife, mother of American who went missing at lake plead for help
October 11, 2010

CNN) -- The wife of a U.S. citizen who disappeared late last month in a reported pirate attack renewed her plea for help Monday.

David Michael Hartley went missing September 30. His wife, Tiffany, told authorities her husband was shot and killed during a sightseeing trip on Falcon Lake, which bisects the U.S.-Mexico border in South Texas.

On Monday, Tiffany Hartley, along with David Hartley's mother, Pam, appeared on several morning talk shows asking for information that will help investigators find those responsible for David's death and help them find his body.

"Until we have him back, it's not final," Tiffany Hartley said on NBC's "The Today Show."

Officials in Texas are meeting Monday morning to determine their next step in the investigation, according to Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzales.

On Sunday, the U.S. Border Patrol, the Coast Guard, and Parks and Wildlife officials were back on the U.S. side of the lake searching for new evidence in the case, Gonzales said. Mexican authorities were searching their side of the lake as well, he said.

Over the weekend, news reports indicated that two suspects connected to a Mexican drug cartel were linked to Hartley's disappearance, but Agent Antonio Garcia of the ministerial police said there is no truth to the report.

Authorities from both nations are conducting separate searches and are coordinating and holding regular meetings, State Department spokeswoman Virginia Staab said. But because the disappearance happened on the Mexican side of the border, the United States cannot prosecute or make arrests in the case, the sheriff said.

Tiffany Hartley told NBC that the reports were frustrating, but she said that "either way, I hope that they do find somebody who can lead us to where David is. Ultimately, that's all we want."

Hartley was on several CNN shows Thursday, recounting what happened on Falcon Lake. She also talked about her feelings about people doubting her account of the alleged attack.
Video: Search for missing boater

Hartley said on HLN's "Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell' that "I know what I know."

"It's hard being judged and thought of that I might have done something to him," she said.

But she added, "As long as I know the truth, God knows the truth. And other than that, it almost doesn't really matter to me, because I know what happened that day."

Falcon Lake is on the Rio Grande in Zapata and Starr counties in South Texas. The U.S.-Mexican border runs through the middle of the lake.

Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, says 60 Mexican personnel, three boats and a helicopter have taken part in the search.

Despite the dangers on the Mexican side of the lake, Texas officials said Thursday that the U.S. side of the body of water remains safe.

"It's is just as safe now as any other time. However, there is a threat," said Rep. Ruben Hinojosa, D-Texas.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2010, 07:58:19 PM »

oxymoron? snipped from above....
"It's is just as safe now as any other time. However, there is a threat," said Rep. Ruben Hinojosa, D-Texas.

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »

Tiffany notable quotes from her latest interviews.

“Honestly, I don't even care to have justice right now." -MY SA NEWS

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/mexico/hartley_family_says_theyre_not_leaving_without_david_104711294.html?showFullArticle=y

JVM. So will you go down to Mexico to identify and testify?

Tiffany: I don't know about that. I don't want to go to Mexico

I believe in what is happening in Iraq and Afghanistan. -JVM Show

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2010, 09:38:03 PM »

Tiffany was spouting on JVM about protecting our borders and talking about the wars...seems she is making some political statements...what does her supporting the wars have to do with her husband being murdered? honestly, I have to shake my head at some of the stuff that has come out of her mouth..
I think I heard her saying something about the President calling her, that he hasn't called her yet....blaahhh blaaahhh

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2010, 09:43:29 PM »

Tiffany was spouting on JVM about protecting our borders and talking about the wars...seems she is making some political statements...what does her supporting the wars have to do with her husband being murdered? honestly, I have to shake my head at some of the stuff that has come out of her mouth..
I think I heard her saying something about the President calling her, that he hasn't called her yet....blaahhh blaaahhh

Yep cookie -

I heard it too... she wants the White House to get in touch with her.

It absolutely is unreal... like Casey Anthony Part 2 (the remix)

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2010, 09:47:17 PM »

Yes Yes!! that is how it went...for the White House to get in touch with her...
gobsmacked is what I was!

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »

It reminds me very of much of George Casey and Cindy...

They didn't want to focus on the crime either...

They wanted to move on join a missing persons club

and save all the other children of the world.

They were on to bigger and better things immediately, as well.

As we were still all asking: Where's Caylee?

Tiffany Hartley is dirty.

It's just a matter of time until we find out just how dirty.

We are Monkeys - we've played this game a time or two before!

We know how it's going turn out.

------------------
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2010, 10:24:33 PM »

Yep cookie -

I heard it too... she wants the White House to get in touch with her.

It absolutely is unreal... like Casey Anthony Part 2 (the remix)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2010, 08:04:58 AM »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7242536.html
Frustration grows in Falcon Lake case
Reports that two men sought are discounted
SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS
Oct. 11, 2010, 10:31PM
McALLEN — Tiffany Hartley said her hopes turned to frustration after officials denied media reports that police had zeroed in on the men behind her husband's Falcon Lake slaying.

Several news agencies reported Sunday that Mexican state police had identified two known "pirates" on the lake as suspects in the alleged killing of David Michael Hartley. But by Monday, the reports had been discounted.

"It's real up and down. It's a roller coaster," Tiffany Hartley said.

According to Hartley, her husband was shot in the head by gunmen on Sept. 30 when the couple were riding personal watercraft to view a sunken town on the Mexican side of the binational reservoir. After trying to lift her husband onto her watercraft, she fled back to U.S. waters.

The search for David Hartley's body has been hampered by jurisdictional issues and the drug war. U.S. officials say they are unable to cross the border. Mexican officials have vowed to assist, but say they endanger their lives because that side of Falcon Lake is known turf for drug-cartel smuggling.

The search also has been shadowed by suspicion that Tiffany Hartley made the story up.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2010, 08:12:58 AM »

Issues With Jane Velez Mitchell
10/11/10
<snipped>
A frantic hunt on for two suspects in the murder of a Jet Skier. Tiffany Hartley, next.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The desperate hunt for two suspects in the death of jet skier, David Hartley. Cops now say two brothers may have shot and killed David when he and his wife Tiffany jet skied into Mexican waters.

For a week doubters questioned Tiffany`s story about a Mexican pirate attack. So with possible suspects now, does she deserve an apology?

Plus, shocking sentencing day testimony: 18-year-old tough girl Misty Croslin breaks down sobbing uncontrollably as a hushed courtroom hears her traumatic childhood story. But the tragic truth still couldn`t save her from 25 years behind bars. You`ll see the dramatic courtroom video.

Tonight: bombshell developments in the deadly border shooting of an American jet skier; a man hunt now under way for two brothers in the death of David Hartley. Authorities say these suspects are members of a Mexican drug cartel wanted in a rash of violent crimes.

Tiffany Hartley says she and her husband were sprayed with gun fire September 30th as they jet skied on Falcon Lake. She says David was shot in the head.

What does Tiffany think about the man hunt for two suspects? She joins me live right now.
Tiffany -- forced to leave David`s body behind. Police have not been able to recover his body or even his jet ski. The couple was captured on this police dash cam video on their way to the lake that day. You`ll see it right there. There it is. This footage was captured just three hours before the shooting.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

TROOPER JOHNNY HERNANDEZ, TEXAS DEPT. OF PUBLIC SAFETY: The trailer had expired registration so we pulled it over and made contact with David Hartley. He advised he was coming from McAllen, Texas on his way to Falcon Lake to enjoy the day over there.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Will David`s family ever be able to bring him home? I am thrilled to welcome back Tiffany Hartley. Tiffany, I know you must be exhausted given your relentless battle for justice in your husband`s case. I want to thank you so much for taking the time tonight.

What was your first, initial reaction to the news that Mexican police have named two suspects in your husband`s murder?

TIFFANY HARTLEY, WIFE OF DAVID HARTLEY: Well, they named the suspects but at the same time, you know, we were just like, ok. Well maybe this is the chance that they`re going to tell us where David is and David`s going to be able to come home. But then we were also kind of hearing that, no, we don`t have suspects.

You know, really, ultimately, we just want David. We just want them to tell us where he is or show us where he is or bring him over to the states so we can have him back. And then, you know, the Mexico authorities can deal with, you know, finding who did it. You know, there are three boats so out of the three how do they know which one actually shot at us or at David?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Mexican authorities are saying, Tiffany, the two suspects are members of Mexico`s Zeta drug cartel.

Police say these brothers have aliases. They`re calling them El 27 and El 31. We don`t have the photos. Certainly it would be tough to get pictures of known cartel members. But, Tiffany has anybody shown you photos of these suspects and said, hey, are these the guys who shot at you?

HARTLEY: No. They haven`t. But then, I don`t know if I can really identify anybody just because I was more focused on the gun pointing at me than I was at their faces. I don`t know if I could identify them or not.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, here`s my big issue, Tiffany. Do you feel that you`re owed an apology at this point? I mean, from day one there were people who questioned your story and doubted whether you were telling the truth or may have had even some people speculated could you have had something to do with it?

Now that police are searching for suspects, do you think it`s time for all these skeptics to say, hey, I`m sorry.

HARTLEY: Well, especially the Mexico authorities, they know the cartel. They know what they do. They know them better than we do, YOU know. For them to question my story, you know, seems kind of silly I guess just because they know how they act and they know what they do and they don`t really care about anybody and if they shoot anybody. So it seems, you know, it`s hard to believe that they wouldn`t believe me in the beginning.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And just to get, put this issue to bed once and for all, you`ve said, and I believed you from the very start, and I`ve said that very emphatically, but you`ve said, hey, you know, I`ll consider taking a polygraph if it puts all the doubters to rest. Do you stand by that as well tonight?

HARTLEY: Well, yes. I mean, Sheriff Sigi, he doesn`t believe I need to. I mean because my story and -- plus also the Mexican authorities, they know the cartel and what they do.

I mean, I said it`s an option and, you know, it still is an option possibly. I still don`t feel I have to do that but if that`s what it`s going to take then maybe.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. I understand. It`s sort of a point of pride for you like you`re the victim here. Why are you being, you know, grilled? Is that pretty much your philosophy?

HARTLEY: Well, I -- I guess I`ve always, you know, from the beginning of us getting in the media, I mean you`re going to have the people who are going to doubt you. But people, even in, you know, other than the border towns, they don`t understand what`s going on in our borders. They don`t understand and they don`t know unless they`re actually living down here so until they actually have an idea and a realization of what is happening here, you know, our story is part of that. I mean, the cartel had shot my husband and this border needs to be secured.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Are you afraid for your own safety at this point, given that the two suspects are alleged drug cartel members and you`ve been so vocal, Tiffany?

HARTLEY: No. I`m not afraid. I mean, I`ve -- I didn`t get shot that day. I mean, God`s protecting me and I do believe he is still protecting me and I don`t believe that I am in any danger.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Governor Rick Perry of Texas says that you`re very frustrated over the lack of any kind of a call from anybody in the federal government. Who -- are you frustrated, who would you like to see call you, and what do you want from the feds?

HARTLEY: I just want the communication to be open. You know, from anybody in the White House, just address the situation, address what`s going on down here. I mean, if they don`t call me that`s one thing but I just wish they would address what`s going on and address the border issues. You know, I just think they need to start focusing on what`s going on, on our border across the river versus across the ocean.

And I truly believe everything that`s going on in Iraq and Afghanistan, I support all of it. But we also need to take an eye and turn it towards what`s going on across the river -- what`s going on there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Would you be willing, if they find these suspects, would you be willing Tiffany to go to Mexico and ID them and even testify against them?
HARTLEY: I don`t know if I would want to go to Mexico. I think that is a risk that would be taken that maybe isn`t needed. If they could send pictures and let me identify them that way versus me going to Mexico, I just don`t know if that`s a smart choice right now.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And I totally understand that decision. Will Ripley, reporter KRGV, you`ve been covering this from the start. What do you know about them kind of back sliding and saying yes there are two suspects we`re looking for? Well, maybe not. What`s that?

WILL RIPLEY, REPORTER, KRGV: Well, there was a lot of confusion over the weekend because Mexican investigators released this information. You asked earlier if there were photos of the suspects. There are not any known photos of these two brothers. All that we have are these government documents which actually contain tax information and license information. That`s it.

So Mexican investigators released this to the media but they never bothered to call U.S. authorities so U.S. authorities had no way to confirm the information until today.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wow. That`s absolutely fascinating. Now, we have a caller, Dan, in Ohio, your question or thoughts, sir?

DAN, OHIO (via telephone): Yes. I know it might be totally out of line, but has anybody asked the question, because of the drug cartel down there, if it might have been a drug deal gone bad?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, you know, I don`t think anybody has raised that whatsoever.

I want to go back to Tiffany and ask you a question, Tiffany, about your day. We got this, after I spoke to you on Thursday, on Friday the video surfaced of you and your husband going down to the lake and there was video of you stopped. They were checking your license on the trailer, some minor little thing. They didn`t even give you a ticket.

Here is the video right here. And yet it did completely verify your story that you were down there with your husband that day. Some people were wondering whether your husband was even there and this obviously was proof and vindication for you.

And some people have wondered so I`m just asking you why you didn`t -- did you mention that initially? Because we didn`t hear about it and it would have really clarified so much. Any reason why you didn`t mention that initially?

HARTLEY: Actually, the day of the incident they had asked me at the sheriff`s office if I had stopped anywhere on our way, if we, you know, if we went in anywhere. And I did remember that we were pulled over. I couldn`t remember what town it was.

And then also of course the Subway with border patrol. I told them we stopped there. But I didn`t even think about border patrol being there but they verified that story that that, yes, we did go to Subway, and my husband was there with me.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I just want to say, I applaud you and admire you so much for just being so up front and doing so much to try to find justice for your husband. And I just want to say that my heart goes out to you and our condolences, our condolences and I hope you come back again and we`re going to stay on top of your story and do everything we can to get justice for you and your family.

HARTLEY: Thank you. He -- he would do the same thing for me, so I -- I`m going to fight for him just like he would do for me.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, I`m sure. Thank you so much, Tiffany.

HARTLEY: Thank you.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We`re not letting this story go, people.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2010, 08:25:12 AM »

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/hartley-43519-team-vest.html
Forensics team still analyzing blood from Hartley vest
Comments 9
October 12, 2010 12:40 AM
ZAPATA �” A forensics team is still analyzing the life vest worn by the wife of a man believed to have been killed on Falcon Lake by Mexican pirates, said the sheriff investigating the case.

Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said the vest has not been returned to the couple’s family, even though the blue-and-green garment was featured on NBC’s Today show Monday morning during an “exclusive look” at evidence authorities have analyzed.

During a Monitor interview Monday afternoon, the sheriff said he was not sure whether the vest had been returned to Tiffany Young-Hartley, whose husband has been missing since Sept. 30. Later in the same interview, he gave a conflicting statement, saying the vest is in the custody of the Texas Department of Public Safety.

If the spot turns out to be blood from David Michael Hartley it would be the first significant physical evidence to come to public light in a case that has garnered international attention and has created tension between the United States and Mexico.

Authorities are trying to determine whose blood stained the piece of clothing, Gonzalez said.

“The test we ran showed it could be human blood,” Gonzalez said. “The next step is to determine whose blood it is.”
Blood evidence would lend credence to Young-Hartley’s harrowing tale of three boats of gunmen opening fire on the couple Sept. 30 as they were riding personal watercraft on the Mexican side of the lake, fatally shooting her husband in the head. Or the test results could raise more questions about what happened to David Hartley.

In a media blitz that has brought widespread attention to the case, Young-Hartley, 29, went on all the major TV networks and cable news outlets last week with her account of fleeing for her life to the U.S. shore of the lake after trying in vain to get her husband’s body onto her personal watercraft. Earlier in the week, Mexican officials questioned her version of events, saying they had found no evidence of the purported attack or Hartley’s remains.

“I know my story is true,” Young-Hartley said. “I think everybody else is standing behind me.”

On Monday, Tamaulipas state officials continued to deny U.S. and Mexican news reports that a Tamaulipas official had identified two brothers as the men responsible for Hartley’s death.

The Associated Press has reported that Tamaulipas State Police unit chief Juan Carlos Ballesteros said investigators believe brothers Juan Pedro and Jose Manuel Saldivar Farias may have killed Hartley as he snapped photos of a submerged church from a personal watercraft.

The officer told AP that the brothers are already being sought for allegedly belonging to a gang of pirates operating on Falcon Lake. Ballesteros also said they allegedly terrorized a Mexican town at the south end of the lake, but he gave no details of the investigation.

The sheriff said he has not considered giving Young-Hartley a polygraph test after a CNN reporter asked the young woman whether she would be willing to submit to one. Gonzalez said such a test would be “inconclusive” and “unacceptable.”
I cannot force her to take one,” Gonzalez said. “I believe her story, so why would I ask her for a polygraph?”

A DPS video that surfaced on Friday showed the Hartleys as a trooper pulled them over just hours before the man’s apparent death. Gonzalez said he had not seen the video until Friday �” eight days after the initial incident. The sheriff said he only saw the video after DPS released it to the press.

“I have very open records,” Gonzalez said. “If I have something, se los doy (I give it to you).”

A trooper pulled over David Hartley and his wife, Tiffany Young-Hartley, at 11:30 a.m. on Sept. 30, after noticing their trailer’s tags had expired. He let them go with a warning.

Hours later, Young-Hartley reported her husband had been shot dead, killed by attackers who opened fire on the couple from three boats while they were riding jet skis on the Mexican side of Falcon Lake. Despite searches by U.S. and Mexican authorities, Hartley’s body hasn’t been found.

The video shows at least three troopers stopping Hartley’s white truck in Rio Grande City. A trailer carried two jet skis. One trooper asked Hartley about his Colorado license.

"Been working and living, well, temporarily living in McAllen," Hartley said. "I was in Reynosa for about three years but they moved me back to McAllen because of all the (inaudible)."

After about nine minutes, the troopers let Hartley go with a warning.

Meanwhile, Young-Hartley and her mother-in-law, Pam Hartley, continue pleading with authorities to bring their relative’s body to the United States.

“Somebody knows where David is,” Pam Hartley said, in tears. “We need to bring him home.”
Martha L. Hernandez covers Western Hidalgo County and Starr County for The Monitor. She can be reached at (956) 683-4846.

Ana Ley covers business and general assignments for The Monitor. She can be reached at (956) 683-4428.

Video at link

~ Peter Frampton
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2010, 05:00:22 PM »

Mexican Police Official Investigating Border Lake Shooting Found Dead

AUSTIN, Texas -- U.S. and Mexican authorities say a Mexican state police commander investigating the reported shooting of an American tourist on a border lake plagued by pirates has been killed.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/10/12/mexican-police-official-investigating-border-lake-shooting-dead/

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »

Cnn is reporting the lead investigator was beheaded.
I am looking for a link.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2010, 05:03:08 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/12/texas.falcon.lake.head/index.html

Link
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2010, 05:03:58 PM »

Mexican investigator in Falcon Lake case beheaded, Texas lawmaker says

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/12/texas.falcon.lake.head/index.html

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2010, 05:23:31 PM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/12/2540810/severed-head-of-falcon-lake-investigator.html
Severed head of Falcon Lake investigator delivered to Mexican army, state rep says
Posted Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2010
Staff and wire report

The severed head of a Mexican investigator involved in the investigation of a reported tourist shooting on Falcon Lake on the Texas-Mexico border has been delivered to the Mexican army, a state representative from Edinburg declared in a Twitter report.

Rep. Aaron Peña, D-Edinburg, said via Twitter that he confirmed the decapitation with Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez, whose office is heading the U.S. investigation into the Sept. 30 disappearance of David Michael Hartley, 30.

Ruben Rios, spokesman for the Tamaulipas state prosecutor's office in Mexico, identified the slain Mexican officer as Commander Rolando Flores, the head of state investigators in the border city of Ciudad Miguel Aleman.

Rios says Flores' killing was unrelated to the Hartley investigation, but U.S. authorities have said threats of violence from drug gangs who control much of the area has hampered the search for Hartley's body.

Hartley’s wife, Tiffany, says pirates on Falcon Lake opened fire on them from speedboats while they were returning from Mexico to the United States on Jet Skis.

Her husband was shot in the head and she managed to flee, under fire, to the Texas side of the lake formed from a dammed section of the Rio Grande.

This report includes material from The Associated Press and The Brownsville Herald.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2010, 05:51:32 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/12/world/main6951481.shtml
AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 12, 2010
Policeman in Missing Tourist Case Found Dead

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2010, 09:33:04 PM »

heard about this on one of the shows..maybe HLN..and they were saying that Tiffany and her family could also be in danger! they have 24 hr security...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.