April 30, 2024, 03:29:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parents charged / starvation death of 2 yr. old son Warner Robins, GA  (Read 2627 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: October 06, 2010, 12:02:31 PM »

Thought we had this here, but could not find.

Couple charged with felony murder in 2-year-old’s death
by JAKE JACOBS The Warner Robins Patriot

WARNER ROBINS – A Warner Robins couple have been charged with felony murder and first-degree cruelty to children in the death by starvation of their 2-year-old son.

Houston County District Attorney Rabb Wilkerson said Tuesday Sade Shamon King, 23, and William Thomas Davis III, 25, both of 104 Tiffany Place, were arrested and charged Tuesday in the death of D’Shawn Davis, who weighed only 12 pounds, 6 ounces at the time of his death.

Wilkerson said the parents were in jail without bond, and a bond hearing may take place next week.

According to a news release from the Houston County Sheriff’s Office, the county’s 911 office was called Saturday about a child not breathing. Emergency Medical Services personnel found the child at the home, laying in his own urine and feces. Pictures of the boy showed an emaciated body with pronounced ribs and some deterioration of the skin.

The release stated the boy appeared to be “severely malnourished, emaciated and neglected.” Both parents said the child had received no medical attention in the past 10 months, and there was limited contact with the outside world in the same period.

An autopsy performed Tuesday determined the cause of death was starvation, the release stated. There were no broken bones or other signs of abuse.

Wilkerson said both parents showed no emotion.

“This is an egregious case,” Wilkerson said. “We take very seriously any crime against a child.”

The mother was unemployed and the father said he worked 12-hour days, Wilkerson continued.

There were no previous arrests for either parent except for a drug-related charge against the father, Wilkerson said.

The investigation is continuing, but Sheriff’s Office officials could not determine when it would be complete and given to the Grand Jury.

http://warnerrobinspatriot.com/view/full_story/9518745/article-Couple-charged-with-felony-murder-in-2-year-old%E2%80%99s-death?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.