March 19, 2024, 01:10:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #850 10/24/10 - 11/16/10  (Read 382630 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #820 on: November 13, 2010, 06:19:23 AM »

Did you guys notice that I bumped the Natalee Holloway forum up so it's above Musings now?  I don't know why it was below Musings before, it needs to be up with the other MP forums. 

Thank you Klaas. 

I was wondering what that loud bang that knocked me on my butt was.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #821 on: November 13, 2010, 06:26:37 AM »

De salir todo como el abogado Máximo Altívez lo ha planeado, su defendido Joran Van der Sloot podría abandonar la prisión en tan solo 6 años tras admitir el asesinato de Stephany Flores.

Todo se reduciría en anular su primera manifestación donde no precisa que pasó con los 800 soles que la joven de 21 años tenía cuando murió y que movió el carro porque se lo pidió una señora y no con intenciones de robarlo. Según un medio local, Joran asumiría su responsabilidad en este asesinato pero negaría el robo.

De esta manera, si Joran podría ser sentenciado a 20 años por homicidio pero con beneficios penitenciarios podría salir tras cumplir una parte de su condena.

Denunciará a la mamá de Natalee

Luego se precisa que el holandés denunciaría a Beth Holloway por haber usado cámaras escondidas para grabar su conversación con él. Además, la denunciaría por corrupción de funcionarios.

http://trome.pe/actualidad/667923/noticia-joran-van-der-sloot-saldria-anos

Joran Van der Sloot Could Serve Only 6 Years

If everything goes as the lawyer Maximum Highness has planned, his client, Joran Van der Sloot, could leave the prison in only 6 years after admitting the murder of Stephany Flores.
Everything would be reduced by annulling Joran's first confession that he stole the 800 suns that the young woman of 21 years had when she died and that he moved the car only because he was asked to and not because he intended to steal it.

According to his lawyer, Joran would assume the responsibility of the murder, but would deny the robbery.

That way, if Joran could be sentenced to 20 years for homicide, but could be paroled after serving only part of his sentence.

Soon the lawyer on behalf of Joran will file charges against Beth Holloway to have used hidden
cameras to record a conversation with Joran.  In addition the lawyer will file charges of corruption against several civil servants.

Joran's lawyer can dream I guess.   

I don't think robbery is going to be excluded from the charges...there's too much that points to his being desperate for money before the murder...and then he had money to pay for his escape from Peru into Chile.

No matter what the sentence is...unless Joran keeps his room in solitary...his money will run out and John Walsh's prediction will come to pass.  He won't last anywhere near six years.

I'm sure the lawyer running his mouth about filing charges against Beth is really rallying support too, what an idiot!   

JMO

Every time a family mourns,
Another lawyer gets their horns.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #822 on: November 13, 2010, 11:17:32 AM »

De salir todo como el abogado Máximo Altívez lo ha planeado, su defendido Joran Van der Sloot podría abandonar la prisión en tan solo 6 años tras admitir el asesinato de Stephany Flores.

Todo se reduciría en anular su primera manifestación donde no precisa que pasó con los 800 soles que la joven de 21 años tenía cuando murió y que movió el carro porque se lo pidió una señora y no con intenciones de robarlo. Según un medio local, Joran asumiría su responsabilidad en este asesinato pero negaría el robo.

De esta manera, si Joran podría ser sentenciado a 20 años por homicidio pero con beneficios penitenciarios podría salir tras cumplir una parte de su condena.

Denunciará a la mamá de Natalee

Luego se precisa que el holandés denunciaría a Beth Holloway por haber usado cámaras escondidas para grabar su conversación con él. Además, la denunciaría por corrupción de funcionarios.

http://trome.pe/actualidad/667923/noticia-joran-van-der-sloot-saldria-anos

Joran Van der Sloot Could Serve Only 6 Years

If everything goes as the lawyer Maximum Highness has planned, his client, Joran Van der Sloot, could leave the prison in only 6 years after admitting the murder of Stephany Flores.
Everything would be reduced by annulling Joran's first confession that he stole the 800 suns that the young woman of 21 years had when she died and that he moved the car only because he was asked to and not because he intended to steal it.

According to his lawyer, Joran would assume the responsibility of the murder, but would deny the robbery.

That way, if Joran could be sentenced to 20 years for homicide, but could be paroled after serving only part of his sentence.

Soon the lawyer on behalf of Joran will file charges against Beth Holloway to have used hidden
cameras to record a conversation with Joran.  In addition the lawyer will file charges of corruption against several civil servants.

Joran's lawyer can dream I guess.   

I don't think robbery is going to be excluded from the charges...there's too much that points to his being desperate for money before the murder...and then he had money to pay for his escape from Peru into Chile.

No matter what the sentence is...unless Joran keeps his room in solitary...his money will run out and John Walsh's prediction will come to pass.  He won't last anywhere near six years.

I'm sure the lawyer running his mouth about filing charges against Beth is really rallying support too, what an idiot!   

JMO

Every time a family mourns,
Another lawyer gets their horns.

So true.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #823 on: November 13, 2010, 12:09:26 PM »

an angelic monkey

http://obits.al.com/obituaries/birmingham/obituary.aspx?n=kathryn-devan-kemp&pid=146570222

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/11/award-winning_alabama_journali.html

Award-winning Birmingham journalist Kathy Kemp dies after long battle with cancer

Published: Tuesday, November 09, 2010, 10:24 PM     Updated: Wednesday, November 10, 2010, 9:19 AM
Bob Carlton -- The Birmingham News

Kathy Kemp was a feature writer and Sunday columnist for The Birmingham News.

Kathy Kemp, a respected journalist whose gentle prose and refreshing humor delighted readers of The Birmingham News and the old Birmingham Post-Herald for almost 30 years, died tonight after a nearly decade-long battle with cancer.

Ms. Kemp was 55.

In her award-winning features and Sunday columns, Ms. Kemp wrote with a passion for, and an understanding of, the people and places that made her hometown of Birmingham and her home state of Alabama so fascinating.

"Kathy was a brave and gifted writer," Birmingham News Editor Tom Scarritt said tonight. "We will miss her very much."

After she learned she had breast cancer nearly 10 years ago, Ms. Kemp also wrote candidly and courageously about her disease, matter-of-factly sharing the details of her illness with readers while also marveling about how it had given her a new appreciation for life's simple pleasures.

"When you have cancer, as I do, you start to notice things," she wrote in a 2003 column. "The veins in the petals of a perfect red rose. The sweetness in the air after a late-spring rain. All the small miracles of ordinary life."

Ms. Kemp joined a close-knit group of cancer survivors and caregivers who called themselves the Traveling Sisterhood, and, emboldened with a new sense of adventure, she went on fly-fishing trips to Montana and Louisiana with the group.

"I had no idea how many times and in how many places a woman could hook herself (eyebrows, nostrils, third toe on left foot) without catching so much as a minnow," Ms. Kemp wrote following one of her fishing expeditions.

In 2007, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama honored Ms. Kemp at the Pink Ribbon Tee Party and Auction the group holds each year before its charity golf tournament.
"Kathy showed others a tremendous amount of courage and what you can do while you are fighting this disease," Dolly O'Neal, the foundation's co-founder, said Tuesday. "Kathy Kemp was just such a survivor. Her stories were so upbeat."

Earlier this year, Ms. Kemp won the Alabama Press Association's first-place prize for best human interest column for her 2009 column about undergoing Gamma Knife brain surgery.
"We stopped for fried chicken on the way home," Ms. Kemp wrote of the experience. "The treatment must have affected my memory, because I couldn't recall anything ever tasting that good."

But Ms. Kemp's cancer did not define her as a journalist, or as a person. Her humor, compassion and natural curiosity did.

Whether writing about Beth Holloway's anguished search for her missing daughter, Natalee, or about an illiterate laborer learning how to read in his late 50s, Ms. Kemp did so with dignity and respect.

Clyde Bolton, the retired sports columnist for The Birmingham News, said he knew Ms. Kemp was special the summer she interned for the paper. Her body of work through the years proved him right.

"She had that passion for writing that all good writers have," Bolton said Tuesday. "And she had that little touch of humor that she could drop into most any situation that she was writing about.

"Plus, she was a very good person, the kind of person that the world needs more of."

A Birmingham native, Ms. Kemp grew up in West End -- coincidentally, in the same house where former Birmingham News food editor Jo Ellen O'Hara also grew up. When Ms. Kemp went to work at The News as an intern in the 1970s, Ms. O'Hara became her editor and the two forged a lasting friendship.

After graduating from West End High School, Ms. Kemp studied journalism at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and English at Southern Connecticut State College in New Haven, Conn.
Ms. Kemp spent four years as a feature writer for The New Haven Register before returning home to Birmingham in 1981 to begin a 16-year tenure at the Post-Herald, where she won the Associated Press Newswriting Sweepstakes Award for a series on the Ku Klux Klan.

While at the Post-Herald, she covered entertainment, features and news, and the Scripps Howard News Service three times honored her as its Writer of the Year. Scripps Howard later inducted her into its Editorial Hall of Fame.

"She loved that city (Birmingham) and she told the stories of the people of that city better than anyone else has ever done," Suzanne Dent, her former editor at the Post-Herald, said Tuesday.
In 1998, Ms. Kemp rejoined The Birmingham News as a feature writer and Sunday columnist, engaging readers with her colorful yarns -- from a day-in-the-life feature on the go-go-booted Birmingham Thunderbolts cheerleaders to a profile of Georgette Jones, the daughter of country music legends George Jones and Tammy Wynette.

She also authored three books -- "Reflections: Alabama's Visionary Folk Artists," "Welcome to Lickskillet (and Other Crazy Places in the Deep South)" and "The Beauty Box."

Ms. Kemp, a member of Third Presbyterian Church, is survived by her mother, Drucilla Kirkwood Kemp, and her companion, Kay Argo, both of Birmingham, and a brother, John Timothy Kemp, of Moulton.

Funeral arrangements were incomplete tonight.

http://www.ap.org/alabama/pdf/apme05winner.pdf

2005 Alabama Associated Press Association Award Winners

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1487032/posts

Keeping Natalee in the Spotlight

Birmingham News ^ | 9/18/05 | Kathy Kemp

Posted on Sun Sep 18 2005 19:23:20 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) by freespirited

Beth Holloway Twitty tends to hug reporters.

She asks about their families and seems to mean it. In interviews, she rarely breaks eye contact and begins every few sentences with the reporter's name, as in, "Dan, it's just been a nightmare," or "You know, Larry, I can't tell you how frustrating this is."

Twitty talks daily by phone with Greta Van Susteren, the Fox News personality who practically moved to Aruba to report the story that has captivated people around the world and turned the grieving mother into a peculiar kind of superstar. Natalee Holloway, Twitty's 18-year-old daughter, disappeared May 30 during a trip to Aruba with fellow recent graduates of Mountain Brook High School. Outside a nightclub there, she got into a car with three young men and hasn't been heard from since.

"I learned pretty quickly that when you're desperately searching for a missing child, the news media is your best friend," says Twitty, who moved back to Mountain Brook last week after three-and-a-half months in Aruba.

"Point me toward a camera and I'll talk. What happens is, it opens doors. Somebody will come forward with information, or tell us another place to look. We're opening one door after another, and one of them will lead us to Natalee."

Throughout the investigation, Twitty has appeared reasonable and dignified, even as three suspects were arrested, released, arrested again and finally re-released this month. The ever-present cameras were there when Twitty calmly marched up to suspect Deepak Kalpoe at his job in an Internet cafe and demanded the truth about her daughter. All Kalpoe could do was stare at the ground.

They followed, too, as she confronted Paulus van der Sloot, father of Joran van der Sloot. Joran is the Dutch national who Twitty says has confessed to the Aruban police that he had sex with Natalee while the Alabama teen was in and out of consciousness. "If that's not a crime, I don't know what is," she says.

The case now appears stalled. But neither terrorist bombings in London nor a killer Gulf Coast hurricane could make the story go away.

"It's all because of Beth," says Jim Moret, chief correspondent for the syndicated television show "Inside Edition." He has interviewed Twitty several times, and flew to Aruba recently just to take her to lunch.

Finding her child:

"People feel like they know Beth now, and they want to hear about the case from her," Moret says. "It's like she's become a part of their family. How many parents do you know who can't identify with a mother who just wants to find her child?"

Twitty's brother, Paul Reynolds, says viewers are drawn to Twitty's honesty and sincerity. "People come up to Beth, wanting to express their sorrow, and she turns it around and starts comforting them," Reynolds says. "She's a very caring, giving person."

The near daily TV appearances that made her famous this summer don't seem to have slowed down. Moret interviewed Twitty last week in Birmingham for a two-part segment that aired Thursday and Friday. Also Thursday, Phil McGraw devoted his entire "Dr. Phil" show to Natalee's disappearance. Twitty flew to Los Angeles to appear on that program and was recognized by strangers on the street.

"People come up and hug me all the time," Twitty says. "I get so much strength from their support. For 22 years I've been a teacher, and I've felt like I was the helpful one, pulling the children along. Now I feel like everybody else is pulling me."

Wednesday evening, less than 24 hours after she moved back to Birmingham, Twitty twice appeared live on cable's MSNBC - first with lawyer and "Abrams Report" host Dan Abrams at 6 p.m., and, nearly three hours later, with anchor Rita Cosby on her program "Rita Cosby: Live and Direct."

For those interviews, Twitty and her husband, Jug, drove to a downtown production studio, where she was hooked up to a satellite feed to Washington and New York. They made the drive twice over the weekend so she could talk to Fox's Geraldo Rivera and to Van Susteren, who Twitty considers a close friend.

"Greta has taught me a lot," Twitty says, sitting cross-legged on the floor of her living room. "Greta's a lawyer, and she's taught me the red flags to look for and the key elements to seek. She's raised my awareness of things that go on in an investigation."

Twitty, a speech pathologist and special education teacher, is on leave from her job at Brookwood Forest Elementary School, thanks to co-workers who've donated enough off days to get Twitty through December. She is not wasting a minute, sleeping just four to six hours a night, and then back to the search for Natalee.

With Joran van der Sloot in college in Holland now, Twitty decided to move her base of operations back to Birmingham. "But I'll be flying back and forth to Aruba," she says. "We are not giving up on Natalee. Until somebody shows me otherwise, I have to believe my daughter's alive."

During her last two weeks on the island, Twitty says, she had started to fear for her own safety as strangers followed her everywhere she went. One man in particular stood out because of the scars on his face.

"I'd be in the laundromat and he'd show up. I'd go to a restaurant, and a minute or two later, he'd be there. I feel like I need to be more cautious now, but they're not going to stop me from looking for Natalee."

Twitty's husband, family members, friends and strangers all talk about her strength. "Beth amazes me," says Jug Twitty, a manager at Phoenix Metals, a diversified metals processor in Birmingham. "I totally admire what she's done."

"Frankly, I never would have anticipated she had this much strength and courage," her brother, a nursing home administrator in Houston, Tex., says. "She had to become stronger, to do this for her daughter."

Partial to jeans:

Physically, Twitty seems fragile, as if a bear hug might do her in. She is tall and thin - down 14 pounds from her normal 134. She's partial to blue jeans and sandals, and bears a striking resemblance to the actress Marg Helgenberger, down to the shoulder-length reddish-blond hair.

In public, Twitty smiles most of the time. Even so, her blue-gray eyes seem haunted by the things she's heard and seen, and by all that she's still looking for.

"Some of the places we've had to go to look for my daughter would make you sick," she says in that now-familiar flat Southern accent. She's talking about the Aruban crack houses, the live-girl shows and the other seedy places she and Jug have gone in the middle of the night when the phone rings with a Natalee sighting.

"We'd get a call about a body on the side of the road, and we'd rush out to see if it was Natalee," Twitty says. "It got to where you'd sleep with your clothes on so you could just get up and run."

The Twittys' life here is vastly different. They live in a split-level brick home off Overton Road, modest by Mountain Brook standards and, until Natalee's disappearance, happily concerned themselves with children, family, friends and church. The couple attends Saint Stephen's Episcopal Church in Cahaba Heights.

On television, Twitty has appeared in the company of an endless assortment of female friends, mostly her age, who appear devoted to both her and Natalee. They answer Twitty's mail, schedule her interviews and step in front of the cameras themselves when Twitty gives the word.

Many of those friends are part of a network that goes back more than a decade. It started with a group of seven male friends from the Birmingham area, including Jug Twitty, who went on hunting trips together. As they married, their wives became part of the "Fabulous Seven," as did their children.

The seven families vacation together, share holidays and weekend dinners and help raise each other's kids. When Beth married into the group five years ago, six couples joined her and Jug on their Mexican honeymoon. And when Natalee disappeared, those same six couples were at their side in Aruba.

"Natalee has seven sets of parents," group member Betsy Koepsel says. "We have 23 kids all together."

With Twitty back home, Koepsel and others, including Twitty's teacher friends, have set up a kind of command post in the home of one of The Seven, Marcie DeBardeleben. Earlier this week, DeBardeleben's former storage room was a beehive of organized activity, as volunteers sorted the tens of thousands of e-mails, letters and keepsakes that have poured in since Natalee's disappearance.

"I found one letter addressed to `Beth Holloway Twitty, U.S.A.,'" Koepsel says. "Or people will write, `Beth Twitty, Alabama,' or "Beth Twitty, Aruba,' and they always find their way to her."

Twitty is determined to answer them all. "I want to respond to everyone who's reached out to me," she says. "Without them, I don't think I could have stood this."

People have sent her CDs with music they recorded especially for Natalee. There are rosary cards, religious statues, hand-made quilts and books about hope. Every day, Twitty picks a tiny cross or angel that a well-wisher has sent and carries it in her pocket.

The letters and e-mails are sorted by state, so that she can show them to legislators and congressmen across the country to ask for their support. She is asking Americans to consider not traveling to Aruba until Natalee is found and brought home.

Three-page letters:

Some of the letter-writers tell Twitty of dreams in which they've seen Natalee in a well, or dead in the water. Many letters are three pages or more - from across the U.S. and around the world. Most offer support and prayers to the family, and for those she is especially grateful.

There have been a few e-mails and blog posts accusing Twitty of being a media hound. Her friends and family know her as anything but. "Beth's actually kind of a quiet person, and private," DeBardeleben says.

Bruce Roberts, a friend of Twitty's since their high school days in Pine Bluff, Ark., agrees. "She's never been a flashy person. At school, she was kind of quiet, not a cheerleader or anything like that. Just nice, friendly Beth."

Twitty grew up in the town of 50,000, the daughter of the late Paul Reynolds, an entrepreneur and nursing home owner, and Ann Reynolds, who worked for a savings and loan company. The family attended the small Methodist church across the street from their home and spent summers at their Hot Springs lake house swimming, boating and skiing.

Twitty, at 45, is the youngest of the three Reynolds children. Her other brother, John, 49, the middle child, is an entrepreneur in Arkansas, where their mother still lives. Twitty earned a master's degree in speech pathology at Arkansas State University and married her college sweetheart, Dave Holloway, the father of Natalee and her younger brother, Matt, who lives with his mother and stepfather.

Beth and Dave settled in Jackson, Miss., but eventually divorced. They continued to live in the same neighborhood until Beth remarried and moved to Mountain Brook in 2000. Holloway, with his wife, Robin, and their two kids, moved to Meridian, Miss., where he runs a State Farm Insurance agency.

Holloway says Beth never sought the media attention. Rather, it came to her and latched on. "My opinion is, there was just no other news to come across that day. And some TV executive decided, let's go on vacation in Aruba," Holloway says.

The media has remained focused on his ex-wife, Holloway says, because she's the one who was able to stay in Aruba all summer and keep the story going. "Beth's a schoolteacher, so she was off all summer, but I had to come back and go to work," Holloway says.

"When reporters call, I try to accommodate them. But I'm not near a major news center, so they have to send a truck to get me on camera. So there's that extra cost involved."

People who know Twitty say the soft-spoken, down-to-earth mom seen on TV is exactly who Twitty is. "She adores children," says Carol Standifer, who, in her former job as special education director for Mountain Brook schools, hired Twitty for her current job. "I was with her in Aruba, and I can honestly say that Beth was at her most relaxed when she was handing out Natalee bracelets to schoolchildren."

While away, Twitty says, she worried about Matt, who just turned 17. "Now that I'm home, I see that Matt's fine and I don't worry anymore. Every mother in Mountain Brook was looking after him."

Matt pulls up to their house in his new Toyota Tundra and comes in to hug his mother. When he smiles, his braces show. Matt's approach to Natalee's disappearance is different from his parents'. "I try not to think about it," he says, then heads off to his room.

Natalee's bedroom is off limits to reporters. "I don't think she'd like people looking at her things," Twitty says. Natalee's favorite movie is "The Wizard of Oz," and she has a collection of Oz-related items. A favorite line from the movie now has special meaning for the family: As young Dorothy acknowledged, "There's no place like home."

Mother and daughter were very close, the result, Twitty says, of her long tenure as a single mom. The two loved to shop.

Twitty says she plans to start a foundation one day in Natalee's honor, using money left over from donations for the search. Those donations, in an Amsouth Bank account, have helped fund the family's stay in Aruba and paid for lawyers and investigators they've hired. Twitty says she has no idea how much money has been collected, though a fund-raising auction of Hollywood-related items, donated by Mountain Brook native Courteney Cox, raised more than $110,000. A $1 million reward for the safe return of Natalee was funded by private sources.

"I couldn't live with myself if something good doesn't come out of this," Twitty says. She is firm in her belief that she's done all she can to find Natalee. "No second guesses whatsoever," she says. Twitty is less sure about things she might have done before Natalee's disappearance.

"I think anybody, under these circumstances, would wonder whether you could have said or done something more. But none of that matters now."

Twitty maintains a quiet dignity, even as she finds it hard to sit still. "I feel like I need to be doing something all the time," she says. "I don't feel like I can slow down."

She credits God for her strength and talks about her faith with her supporters, including old friend Bruce Roberts in Arkansas. He recently organized a prayer service in Pine Bluff to honor Natalee and was surprised when Twitty took time to attend.

"I said to her, Beth, you're a hero," Roberts recalls. "She said, `No, I'm just a mom.'"

E-mail: kkemp@bhamnews.com

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: November 13, 2010, 12:48:16 PM »

Aitana Cardoso celebrated her 17th birthday this week!

Now what's the legal drinking age in Aruba again?   

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8277.msg1196895#msg1196895

http://www.24ora.com/gallery.html?func=viewcategory&catid=104

Confessions & SouthBeach Lounge 31july'10

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: November 13, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »

Joran van der Sloot

'I wanted to get back at Natalee's family - her parents have been making my life tough for five years.'

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-true-story-book/zMY1TGGVkU2Kc8LMCiU6pA.cspx

Beth Holloway

'If he thinks I've been pestering him for the past five years, he hasn't seen anything yet.'

http://www.peterrdevries.nl/archief/de-confrontatie-tussen-beth-en-joran/

I love that, Janet, and I sure wish I had a neighbor who played Scrabble.

You might but that neighbour has yet to reveal herself.  There are many who are in the closet regarding their love of Scrabble.  Do you blame them?  My own family members rolls their eyes when I suggest a game.  The last time I asked my 12 year old grandson to have a game with me ... his response was "How much?"

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: November 13, 2010, 01:24:43 PM »

In her quest for answers regarding the happenings encompassing the disappearance of her daughter ... not only has Beth Holloway had a face to face to Joran in a Peruvian lockup and a face to face with Deepak at his workplace  ... she also had a face to face with Paulus.

Janet

+++++

Another Face to Face

Loving Natalee – Beth Holloway

Page 147-151
:  The mission of meeting people and handing out the Ecclesiastes prayer cards and the beautiful colourful bracelets gives me a reason to get up and keep going.  FOX anchor Greta Van Susteren wants to come along, as many of the network reps have done over the past few weeks.  We’re going to the other end of the island today, near the van der Sloot neighbourhood, to ask for information.  And help.

As I reach to put a prayer card into the van der Sloot mailbox, I see someone on the side of the house and call out, “Anybody home?  Hello! You’ve go company! Knock, knock!  Anybody home?”

A man is behind the shrubs against the house.  “I see you there in the bushes.”  He freezes.  “I’m Natalee’s mom.  I just want to give you a prayer card.”

Paulus van der Sloot has to be coaxed out of the bushes like a dog in trouble.  He appears from behind the shrubs and comes to the gate.  I hand him one of Natalee’s prayer cards over the fence.

Surprisingly, he says, “Come in, please.  Stop the cameras, okay?  Stop the cameras.”

Greta and I lock eyes for a moment, and with no hint of hesitation on her part we go inside.  Through the front door we make our way across the tile floor, passing through a nicely decorated living room, under an archway, to an enclosed back-porch area.  We step down to a table and chairs.  Paulus’s wife, Joran’s mother Anita, is here.  There’s no glass in the multiple window openings in this room, just wooden slats.  And the air moves comfortably through the area.  The wind blows hard all the time in Aruba, and it’s breezy in here, well ventilated.  Paulus sits closest to the air flow.  I sit across from him, in close proximity.  Anita is on my left.  Greta is next to Paulus, her body turned toward him.

Anita tells us all about Joran and what a good boy he is.  How smart he is.  I let her go on and on, as this gives me time to listen, look, assess.  And as she continues, she begins to share with us what a difficult time they have had with him recently.  How he exhibits oppositional defiance and is disrespectful to his mother.  How they are beginning to lose control of him as he sneaks out at night and comes and goes as he pleases.  After about thirty minutes she concludes by telling us Joran is seeing a psychologist for his defiant behaviour.

Now it’s my turn.  I have no intention of matching her good-boy remarks with good-girl comments.  And cut to the chase.  Graphically repeating the very words said by their son a couple of weeks ago in his statements made on June 9, 10, and 13.  The vile account that was read to me in the attorney general’s office.  The equally explicit words used by Joran to describe what he did to Natalee.  Calmer than I have ever been in my whole life and without blinking, I tell them which fingers he said he used.  Where he said he put them.  How their son described my daughter’s pubic area, her underwear.  How Joran said she was falling asleep and waking up, falling asleep and waking up.  I tell them of his conflicting stories of what happened, the different places he said it happened.  Little beads of sweat form across Paulus’s brow and forehead.

My arms rest on top of the investigation notebook I carry with me all the time.  Natalee’s reward poster with her picture on it is inside the front clear cover, in plain view.  Paulus’s arms are on the table.  Our knuckles are only inches apart arms are shaking.  His fists are clenched.

“You’re responsible for Aruba being trapped in hell,” I tell him, still calm.  “You can change that.  But Aruba will stay in a perpetual state of hell until you come forward.”

I gently push the notebook toward him so he can see Natalee.  Anita remains silent.  The breeze is blowing ever cooler through the room now, yet the sweat on Paulus is increasing.

“How did Joran get home that night, Paulus?”  He responds that he doesn’t know.  “Did he go to school the next day?”  He responds again that he doesn’t know.

Greta and I have many questions.  “you mean this is the most critical time in your son’s life – he is being held on suspicion of kidnap and murder – and you don’t know how he got home or if he went to school?”

Paulus stammers when he answers.  He hesitates.  He sounds unnatural and blinks rapidly.  His head is down.  The beads of sweat turn to bubbles that grow together and gather under his chin, then drop – splash – onto the table below.

Pulling a couple of prayer bracelets out of my pocket, I offer them to the van der Sloots.  First I tie one on Anita’s arm, then ask  Paulus if he would like one.  He lifts his clench-fisted arm, shaking as if he has Parkinson’s disease, and tries very hard to hold it up.  What a pathetic form of a man he is, I think – a very different person from the one who stood so brazenly in his front yard in the wee hours that first morning, facing down Aruban police and our men from home.  I take my time tying the bracelet, very, very slowly, and explain the meaning of the three cords of yarn.

“Paulus, this bracelet stands for a Bible verse.  It’s Ecclesiastes 4:12.  “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A cord of three stands is not quickly broken.””  I finish the tying and gently pat the knot.  “There you go.”

And right then the bracelet looks different to me.  I see the three cords as the suspects, and the knot as the end holding them together as Paulus.  It’s not just clear – it’s crystal clear.   There are potentially four people who know what happened to Natalee.  We need the knot to come loose and the three to unravel.

Anita gets a kitchen towel and first blots Paulus’s head.  Then she lays it on the pools of sweat that have formed on the table in front of him and, in one big swipe, folds the towel over and cleans it away.

No one could have predicted that this encounter would take place.  And if Greta Van Susteren had not been there, I would not have gone inside.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #827 on: November 13, 2010, 04:41:19 PM »

Ex director de cárcel es investigado por filmar en secreto a Van der Sloot Former prison chief is under investigation for secretly filming Van der Sloot
10 de Noviembre de 2010

Lima, 10 nov (EFE).- Alex Samamé Peña, ex director del penal "Miguel Castro Castro" de Lima, está siendo investigado supuestamente por haber colocado cámaras ocultas y entregado a la televisión unas declaraciones del holandés Joran Van der Sloot, acusado del asesinato de una joven peruana
Un portavoz del Instituto Nacional Penitenciario (INPE) confirmó hoy a Efe que Samamé está siendo sometido a una "investigación interna", de carácter reservado, aunque descartó que esa haya sido la causa de su destitución del cargo el pasado 5 de octubre.

El diario limeño La República señaló hoy que el funcionario permanece en un puesto administrativo en el INPE a la espera del resultado de las investigaciones. T
El rotativo aseguró que Samamé ha sido acusado de haber grabado de manera clandestina unas imágenes de Van der Sloot que han sido difundidas por canales televisivos de Holanda y EE.UU

"Al estilo del inefable Vladimiro Montesinos el funcionario colocó varias cámaras ocultas en su oficina para filmar al singular recluso junto a la madre de una de sus víctimas", aseguró. "

Se refirió, de esa manera, a la visita que le hizo al holandés, en septiembre pasado, la madre de la joven estadounidense Natalee Holloway, desaparecida en Aruba en 2005 tras haber pasado unas horas con Van der Sloot.
El joven, de 23 años, permanece en el penal "Miguel Castro Castro" a la espera del inicio del proceso por el asesinato de la peruana Stephany Flores, quien fue encontrada muerta el pasado junio en la misma habitación del hotel en Lima donde se alojaba el holandés.

--------------

. Lima, 10 nov (EFE) .- Samamé Alex Peña, former director of the prison "Miguel Castro Castro" de Lima, is being investigated for allegedly placed hidden cameras and transferred to the statements made by the Dutch television Joran Van der Sloot, who was accused of murder of a young Peruvian.
A spokesman for the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) confirmed that Samamé Efe is undergoing an "internal investigation" confidential, but ruled that this was the cause of his removal from office last October 5.

. The newspaper said Samamé has been accused of clandestinely recorded images of Van der Sloot have been broadcast by television stations in the Netherlands and the U.S.

The ineffable style Vladimiro Montesinos officer placed several hidden cameras in his office to film the unique inmate with the mother of one of his victims," he said.

The Lima newspaper La República official said today that he remains in an administrative position at INPE pending the outcome of investigations.

He referred in this way, the visit he made to the Dutch, in September, the mother of American teenager Natalee Holloway, who disappeared in Aruba in 2005 after spending some time with Van der Sloot.

Van der Sloot, 23, remains in prison "Miguel Castro Castro" awaiting the start of the trial for the murder of the Peruvian Stephany Flores, who was found dead last June at the same hotel room where he was staying in Lima Dutch.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: November 13, 2010, 07:51:02 PM »

Face to Face with Deepak

Mother confronts Aruba suspect
Holloway's mother questions Kalpoe about disappearance of missing teen
August 9, 2005

JOE SCARBOROUGH, ‘SCARBOROUGH COUNTRY’ HOST:  Does he understand that you’re not going away, that you’re going to keep going back on TV time and time again until you get justice for your daughter? 

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, MOTHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY: The one question that he did ask me, and this was probably 10 minutes before I was leaving.  He told me that the media has not seen this side of you.  I told him, I’d been saving it for you, Deepak. 

SCARBOROUGH: What side is that? 

HOLLOWAY: I think it’s just the side that, I will stop at nothing to get answers.  There is nothing that I won’t do.  There’s nowhere that I won’t go.  I’m going to ask every question.  I don’t care how painful it is.  I will do it, because I’m not going to have any regrets. ....

SARBOROUGH:  After being in the presence of Deepak for an hour earlier today, are you convinced that he is involved in the disappearance of Natalee? 

HOLLOWAY: Oh, absolutely.  Anybody that was in there and saw him would agree 100 percent.  There wouldn’t be one person that didn’t believe that he had involvement if they would have been in there and witnessed and been in his presence.  There’s no one that wouldn’t believe that he has involvement.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/8885950/

Page 174:
  "Don't you want the money, Deepak?  Tell us what happened to Natalee."  He says only two thrings.  "I don't need the money."  Then, "The media have never seen this side of you."  To which I repliy, "I was saving it for you, Deepak."

I stood up for Natalee again today.  In the face of one of her Perpetrators.  And it felt good.

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: November 13, 2010, 08:56:19 PM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Holloway-van-der-Sloot-hidden-cameras-authorized/0knukd28F0yRUJQVOQlJOg.cspx

Holloway/van der Sloot hidden cameras "authorized"?

Last Update: 1:45 pm 

Birmingham, Al  (WIAT)  The ousted warden of Joran van der Sloot's prison says higher ups authorized both hidden cameras and Beth Holloway's confrontation with van der Sloot.

The Peruvian newspaper EL COMERCIO says the installation of cameras in the office of the Director of the Castro Castro prison to record Joran van der Sloot, a suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway and confessed murderer of Stephany Flores was authorized by the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE).

Suspended warden Alex Samame says orders came from Ruben Rodriguez Rabanal, former head of the INPE. Samame says the order came after a request from a Dutch television crew led by reporter Peter R. DeVries.

Samame's story matches what DeVries has published on his website.  "We had permission to enter the prison... we had permission to visit Van der Sloot, even to carry our equipment within the prison, "said De Vries. He says there were no bribes, payments or promises involved in getting access.

Van der Sloot's Peruvian attorney Max Altez has accused DeVries of bribing prison officials for access and claims van der Sloot was threatened with solitary confinement if he didn't agree to meet Beth Holloway.

EL COMMERCIO reports the INPE has issued a statement promising an "exhaustive investigation" into the circumstances of the prison interview.

DeVries has followed the Natalee Holloway disappearance case for years. The Mountain Brook teen disappeared on a graduation trip to Aruba in 2005 after having been last seen with Joran van der Sloot. Van der Sloot was questioned repeatedly but never charged by Aruban police.

For years DeVries aired a series of interviews with van der Sloot where van der Sloot gave a variety of explanations of Natalee's fate, only to disavow each of them.

Natalee's mother Beth accompanied DeVries on the trip into Castro Castro for the taped confrontation which was later turned into a two part series for Dutch network SBS6 and sold to the CBS syndicated programs ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT and THE INSIDER. The confrontation video aired on those programs on CBS42 and was excerpted here on CBS42.com.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #830 on: November 13, 2010, 09:53:41 PM »

[<<]  [>>]
Domain Name setardsl.aw ? (Aruba) IP Address 201.229.45.# (Setarnet)
ISP Setarnet
Location Continent:South America
City:Oranjestad
Lat/Long:12.5167, -70.0333 (Map)

Referring URL http://www.google.co...JfEF3GolTaokD-GwIE5A
Search Engine google.com
Search Words natalee holloway 2010 13
Visit Entry Page http://scaredmonkeys.../index.php?board=1.0
Visit Exit Page http://scaredmonkeys.../index.php?board=1.0
Out Click

mark purcell.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #831 on: November 13, 2010, 11:08:26 PM »

[<<]  [>>]
ISP Setarnet

Search Engine google.com
Out Click

mark purcell.

The Walrus?

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: November 13, 2010, 11:19:58 PM »

[<<]  [>>]
ISP Setarnet

Search Engine google.com
Out Click

mark purcell.

The Walrus?

"The time has come," the Walrus said,

To talk of many things:
Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
Of cabbages—and kings—
And why the sea is boiling hot—
And whether pigs have wings."

And where are Natalee's remains

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: November 14, 2010, 01:26:59 AM »

http://natalee-holloway-news.newslib.com/

Sunday June 13, 2010:
Natalee Holloway and Joran van der Sloot: other coverage
Mother of Natalee Holloway to students at Troy event: Take responsibility for your own safety
Van der Sloot claims he has information about Natalee Holloway
Joran Van der Sloot: Send me to Aruba and I'll give you the location of Natalee Holloway

billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #834 on: November 14, 2010, 01:29:01 AM »

It just dumbfounds me that at the end of the day......aruba..coverup crew....urine..anita..k2...doesn't get it!
Beth isn't going anywhere until she has answers and Natalee comes home....
Monkeys aren't going anywhere either!
I stand with the girl..... an angelic monkey
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: November 14, 2010, 07:50:07 AM »

It just dumbfounds me that at the end of the day......aruba..coverup crew....urine..anita..k2...doesn't get it!
Beth isn't going anywhere until she has answers and Natalee comes home....
Monkeys aren't going anywhere either!
I stand with the girl..... an angelic monkey

ITA, billb.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: November 14, 2010, 11:19:53 AM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Behind-the-scenes-of-the-Holloway-documentary/FMiP_mGpa0yaO31FqeInFw.cspx

Behind the scenes of the Holloway documentary

Last Update: 9:54 am

Beth Holloway and Peter R. de Vries at Five Points South (peterrdevries.nl)

Birmingham, Al (WIAT) Beth Holloway's prison confrontation with Joran van der Sloot has attracted attention and controversy on three continents.

The video of the confrontation and other shoots in Peru, Aruba and here in Alabama has been seen worldwide: a two part documentary on Dutch television, on the CBS syndication programs ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT and THE INSIDER seen here on CBS42 as well as excepts on line.

Dutch crime reporter Peter R. de Vries has posted two photo galleries on his website showing Beth Holloway in Peru, Aruba, Birmingham and at Smith Lake during the making of the television series.

Behind the scenes in Peru and in Aruba
http://www.peterrdevries.nl/peter-r.-de-vries/achter-de-schermen/achter-de-schermen-in-peru-en-op-aruba/

Behind the scenes in Alabama
http://www.peterrdevries.nl/peter-r.-de-vries/achter-de-schermen/achter-de-schermen-in-alabama/

There's been outrage, sympathy, threats of legal action, accusations of corruption, suspension of the prison warden and investigations of the Peruvian prison system. In short, yet another typical chapter in the five year old quest for information about the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

The Mountain Brook teen was on a graduation trip to Aruba. She was last seen in the company of Joran van der Sloot. He's still considered the prime suspect in the case but was never charged by Aruban authorities.

Van der Sloot is in prison in Peru facing murder charges in another case. The body of 21 year old student Stephany Flores was found in his Lima hotel room five years to the day of Natalee's disappearance. Van der Sloot confessed to killing Flores after she found material about Natalee on his laptop. He's appealing that confession on procedural grounds.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: November 14, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »

urine is in prison...
king treatment in prison? so what..
urine is in prison.....
urine will die there...
Justice for Natalee and Stephany will be realized.... an angelic monkey
the little bastard urine is toast.....
Whatever happens with urine...our focus should be on exposing aruba and the coverup crew and the persistence crew and  our own govt if it leads there .....
by the way...the response I received from FOIA...

Dear ....

This is in response to your Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request electronically submitted to the Federal Communications Commission on November 12, 2010, seeking "any records related to Senator Spencer Backus and Aruba delegation meetings with regard to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway on Aruba in May 2005."

The Federal Communications Commission is a regulatory agency which is responsible for regulating interstate and foreign communications.  Thus, the records that you seek are not within the Commission's jurisdiction.

Please note also that there is no central office in the government that processes FOIA requests for all federal agencies.  Each agency responds to requests for its own records.  The records that you seek may be in the possession of the Federal Bureau of Investigations. 

For your convenience, I have provided below the principal FOIA contact for the office which may possess the records that you seek. Please
direct your inquiry accordingly.   

Federal Bureau of Investigations
            David M. Hardy, Chief
            Records Management Division
            935 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W.
            Washington, D.C.  20535-0001
            Telephone: 202-324-3625   

Sincerely,

Benish Shah
Office of Managing Director
Federal Communications Commission

Thank you for your efforts billb.

I could never understand why Spencer Bachus would agree to the meeting with the Aruban delegation when it was realized that John Q. Kelly would be excluded.  The family's attorney had an indepth knowledge of the dynamics encompassing the case.  The family's attorney would have been in a position to ask the hard questions.

Bachus embraced every word of the Arubans and emerged from that meeting a believer.

Janet

+++++

CBS News - December 16, 2005

(AP) Rep. Spencer Bachus said he came away from a Friday meeting with Aruban officials with the sense that they plan to vigorously pursue leads in the disappearance of American student Natalee Holloway.

Bachus, R-Ala., whose district includes Mountain Brook, where Holloway is from, divulged little about the substance of the meeting, saying only it was a "frank and open discussion" and that Aruban authorities have devoted "tremendous resources" to the case.

"Their intention going forward ... is not to shut this case down, but to continue to pursue it vigorously," Bachus told reporters. "They do not consider it a closed case nor do they consider that they have a dead end. They continue to develop information and pursue leads."

Bachus and Alabama officials would not comment on exactly what Richardson, Aruban police analyst Renato Emerencia and Aruban attorney Arlene Ellis Schipper told them about.

<snipped>

Holloway's family initially praised Aruban authorities for their work on the case, but they recently turned critical, alleging incompetence and conflicts of interest. The governors of Alabama, Arkansas and Georgia have called for a boycott of travel to Aruba to protest the way the case has been handled.

John Quinlan Kelly, a New York-based attorney for the Holloway family, said Natalee Holloway's parents wanted him to attend the meeting, but the lawmaker's office told Holloway's family the Arubans objected to that.

"They've (Aruban authorities) indicated they're still investigating," Kelly said by telephone Friday. "We'll wait to see if there are any answers or prosecution resulting from that investigation."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/16/politics/main1134653.shtml

On the Record w/ Greta - December 16, 2005

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Your gut reaction from the meeting?  Do you feel confident this is the right team to be leading the investigation or would you like to see some changes?

SPENCER BACHUS: It’s a small island and they are handicapped by their experience.  But I was impressed with what they had done…at least the work product.  I have seen cases…I’ve been to hired to prosecute murder cases where there is almost no file. I will say that the resources that have been devoted to this case are really probably more substantial than most murder cases here in the United States.

<snipped>

BACHUS: I don’t have any criticism of them...

Transcript: sunmoonstars

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #838 on: November 14, 2010, 01:03:12 PM »

I don't think any of know what Spencer Bachus was thinking when he "emerged" from that meeting.

We don't know what was discussed in the meeting so we certainly don't know what he became a
"beleiver" in.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: November 14, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »

National security always trumps everything else and as long as we have that FOB base, our closest to Chavez, I don't think anything is going to be done on a national level to upset that apple cart.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.