April 27, 2024, 06:01:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing woman's family gets a detective Tara Grant, 34, MI(BODY FOUND)  (Read 28756 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 18, 2007, 11:36:42 AM »

Missing woman's family gets a detective

February 18, 2007
BY BEN SCHMITT

As investigators continue searching for a missing 34-year-old Washington Township woman, an attorney for her husband said a private detective is also on the case.

Tara Lynn Grant argued with her husband over taking business trips and left her home late Feb. 9, said attorney David Griem, retained by Stephen Grant.

"Her job takes her all over the world, and he felt that she should be spending more time with their children," Griem said Saturday.

The Grants have two children, 4 and 6. Tara Grant is an executive with a Troy construction company.

Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel described the disappearance as "a mystery to us."

Tara Grant's cell phone has been turned off, and she hasn't used her credit cards since she left, Hackel said. She has not returned to work, he said.

Hackel said Tara Grant made her last cell phone call to her husband on Feb. 9 after she returned to Michigan from a business trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Griem said his client said Tara Grant got into a dark-colored, 4-door vehicle late that day, and he hasn't heard from her since.

Griem said Stephen Grant reported his wife missing on Tuesday. He said they have hired a former FBI agent as a private detective.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070218/NEWS04/702180636/1006
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 12:29:34 PM by klaasend » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 11:44:58 AM »

VANISHED: No Sign of Macomb Mother Since Feb. 9

By WXYZ.com
February 16, 2007

Where in the world is Tara Lynn Grant? That's what the Macomb County Sheriff's Dept. wants to know after she supposedly left last week for a business trip to Puerto Rico... and vanished.

Investigators tell WXYZ.com that Grant, 34, an executive with the Washington Group construction company in Troy and mother of two children, hasn't been seen nor heard from since Feb. 9. Her husband, Stephen Grant, says she was heading to San Juan, Puerto Rico -- but investigators say there's no record of her trip, no credit card activity since she left, and her cell phone has been turned off.

Adding to the mystery, the sheriff's department says, is the fact that Grant and her husband argued prior to her disappearance from their home in Washington Township. And that her husband has hired prominent criminal defense attorney David Griem.

In a letter to investigators obtained by WXYZ.com, Griem explains why he was hired and how his client will continue to cooperate:

"Because of the tone of your Feb. 14, 2007 interrogation of Mr. Grant at his home... it is my humble opinion that it is necessary for me to provide a buffer between your department and Mr. Grant.

"Just as Mr. Grant answered all of your questions last night, he will continue to answer all of your questions in the future. I believe it is necessary, however, so there are no misunderstandings, that all of your future questions be submitted in writing which will, in turn, be immediately answered in writing."

Investigators have requested Tara Grant's dental records.

Tara Lynn Grant is described as 5' 6", 120 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 11:32:15 PM »

Tara Lynn Grant, 34, Missing Since February 9, 2007

http://missingexploited.com/2007/02/18/tara-lynn-grant-34-missing-since-february-9-2007/

34 year old, mother of two Tara Lynn Grant has not been seen or heard from since February 9, 2007. Her husband, Steven Grant, stated that she was on her way to San Juan Puerto Rico on a business trip. However, there are no records of any such trip. Hmmm ...
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 07:36:35 PM »

Investigators have requested Tara Grant's dental records.

I find this an odd request.........considering they haven't found her .

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 08:05:51 PM »

Local woman seeks missing sister

By ASHLEY LYKINS
Gazette Staff Writer

Chillicothe residents Erik and Alicia Standerfer have been in Michigan all weekend, posting fliers and turning to the media for help with finding Alicia's sister, Tara Lynn Grant.

Grant, an executive with Washington Group International, has been missing since about 11:15 p.m. Feb. 9, said Capt. Tony Wickersham of the Macomb County Sheriff's Office.

She flew into Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport from Puerto Rico on that day, and she was planning on leaving again that night.
Alicia said Grant was originally going to leave for San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Monday, Feb. 12, but she and her husband had an argument about the situation.

"He said he'd rather her leave early and be back sooner," she said, noting that was the reason she pushed her departure date up.

Grant's husband, Stephen, reported to the sheriff's office that the 34-year-old mother of two got into a black sedan and left the home in Washington Township, Mich.

Alicia said Grant has used the transportation service, which takes passengers to and from the airport, in the past.

"Nobody has seen or heard from her since," said Wickersham. "Within 45 minutes to an hour, she packed and left again."

However, Alicia said there is no record of her sister returning to San Juan for business.
>>>> Full Article
http://tinyurl.com/2ey7d3

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 08:32:39 AM »

Missing woman mystery deepens
Her husband's e-mails probed

February 21, 2007

BY CHRISTY ARBOSCELLO

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

The case of Tara Lynn Grant, the Washington Township woman missing for 12 days, has taken another twist as investigators look into a series of e-mails between her husband and an unidentified woman.

Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said his department had received a batch of e-mail messages exchanged by Stephen Grant and a woman Hackel would not identify and that investigators were looking into them to see if they had any bearing to the case.

Advertisement
"We haven't had a chance to review it," Hackel said late Tuesday.

The e-mails come as tensions between Stephen Grant and investigators are rising.

>>>>>>Complete Article
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070221/NEWS04/702210378/1001/NEWS

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 05:50:36 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:07:53 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 05:52:49 PM »

Investigators believe allegations that missing woman was having an affair are false

February 21, 2007

By CHRISTY ARBOSCELLO
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Stephen Grant told an ex-girlfriend in a series of emails that he thought his wife was having an affair with an older co-worker-an allegation investigators believe is false.

The saucy e-mail exchanges between Stephen Grant and his college sweetheart took place as recently as last month and now is the subject of scrutiny in the case of his missing spouse, Tara Grant.

“Obviously, it's something to raise an eyebrow,” Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said Wednesday.

But there's no reason for them to believe she was with her work partner whom with she traveled frequently or another identified man in the past.

“There's nothing to her having a relationship with anyone else. There's all kinds of rumors going on right now,” Hackel said.

>>>>>The Full Article
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070221/NEWS04/70221031/1008/NEWS

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 08:35:25 AM »

Excerpts from the e-mail exchanges

February 22, 2007

The following are e-mail exchanges between Stephen Grant and his ex-girlfriend, as reported in the Detroit News:

Ex-girlfriend: You have not changed a bit. Don't you worry about being burned eternally by the devil? Why did you get married in the first place? Seemed like the cool thing to do?

Grant: The answers in order are NO, Love, and No. I think you misunderstood, though, I like being married. I just think of marriage vows like speed limits. Sometimes you have to break them, and sometimes you get caught. You just need to keep an eye on the road to avoid detection.

Ex-girlfriend: So what are you going to do about the cheatin' wife? ...

Grant: Don't know yet. By the way -- she does talk to the "old geezer" like that...that is the problem. Actually, never that direct. Everyone is not as subtle as me. The problem is she says things in code. And because of that, I don't know what is actually going on. Also, and I thought I told you this, about two years ago, she did the same thing with some guy she used to know. Nothing physical, just txt and e-mail and phone calls...

At another point ...

>>>The full Article
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070222/NEWS04/702220408

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 09:41:15 PM »

Now they are going to search local area woods and countryside for this woman that has been missing 2 weeks??? WTH? If the husband had anything to hide, he's had 2 weeks to do it!

+++++++++++++
Search For Former Delta County Woman Stepped Up
Delta County, February 22

Police in downstate Macomb County are stepping up their search for former Delta County resident Tara Lynn Grant.

She disappeared almost two weeks ago.

Officials plan to search wooded areas on all-terrain vehicles and horseback over the weekend.

Although clues to her disappearance may be contained in the family's computers, police say the missing woman's husband has so far denied police access to them.

His wife, who's from Perkins in Delta County, has been missing since February 9.

Her husband says she got into a car that was waiting outside their home in Macomb County, and never returned.

>>>Full Article
http://www.wluctv6.com/Global/story.asp?S=6128903&nav=81AX

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 11:18:57 AM »

I smell a lie! The husband is to nervous to search? His sister says he is to nervous to search, he doesn't want her to be found harmed? Lie lie lie......

+++++++

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:08:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 12:27:38 PM »

Any normal husband or anyone for that matter who had a loved one missing would do anything to find them ....This guy is involved.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 11:31:42 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Any normal husband or anyone for that matter who had a loved one missing would do anything to find them ....This guy is involved.

I agree. For his family to even have said such a thing, what's more believe such a thing is BS .

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 05:48:45 AM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

I agree.
I think the husband killed her.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 11:49:17 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:09:31 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 11:54:01 AM »

February 27, 2007

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (Crime Library ) —Last week, an ex-girlfriend of Stephen Grant's gave the sheriff's department copies of a series of emails she exchanged with Grant on January 25.  In the emails, Grant told the woman she could give him a sponge bath and said that he wanted to see her naked.  Grant has since admitted sending the emails, but claims they were not serious, and were meant as a joke.

Unfortunately for Grant, Tara's family is not laughing with him.  Yesterday evening, Tara's sister, Alicia Standerfer, vented her anger about the emails.

Tara Grant and sister Alicia Standerfer

"Obviously, I am not happy," Alicia said in a telephone interview with Crime Library.  "I mean, that's kind of a given.  If I had a friend, would I be communicating with them like that?  Absolutely not.  I am married, and I take my marriage vows seriously.  Those emails obviously communicated that the marriage vows did not mean anything to him."

Alicia also said she has been unable to speak with Grant.

"I tried to communicate with him over the weekend, and it was denied.  So I have not spoken with him directly."

Stephen Grant reported his wife missing on Feb. 14.  According to statements made by Grant, the couple had an argument on the night of Feb. 9. about Tara's job with an international construction contractor and the amount of time she was spending away from him and their two young children.  Grant said that, following the argument, at about 11:15 p.m., his wife walked out of the house, got into a dark sedan, and vanished.  Her cell phone and credit cards have not been used since she vanished, and authorities have no clues regarding her disappearance.

Police organize search

Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel assembled a group of 150 volunteers from his active and reserve units to search within a 2-mile radius of Tara Lynn Grant's home this past weekend.  While an air unit searched the landscape from high above, searchers, some using all-terrain vehicles and horses, conducted an intense search on the ground.

Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 02:06:14 PM »

For some one that is so concerned about what his children are hearing, seems like it might be alot to explain when trying to tell them why daddy is not cooperating with police to help find mommy.

I sure hope the police have somthing they are not sharing with the rest of us regarding this case.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 03:34:02 PM »

Police address grim reality in Grant disappearance
February 27, 2007

BY CHRISTY ARBOSCELLO

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

As the 18th day of Tara Grant’s disappearance lumbers on, police are checking on local Jane Does in case the Washington Township woman is no longer alive.

“In this business, you have to be realistic,” Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said today. “As difficult as it may be to say this and for people to hear that, we do have to check on that.”

Advertisement

Or Select One: Bars & Grills Bars Cocktail Lounges Irish Restaurants Pubs

Still hopeful she is not dead, authorities are sifting through 15 to 20 leads a day and are receiving help from the National Center for Missing Adults. They are brainstorming over another search in an undetermined area after last weekend’s search in the Stony Creek and Macomb Orchard Trail areas didn’t uncover anything.

Anyone with information can visit www.missingadults.org, call the national organization’s hot line at 800-690-3463 or call the Sheriff’s Office at 586-307-9358 anytime.

Contact CHRISTY OYAMA-ARBOSCELLO at 586-469-8085.

. Post a Comment View All Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »

I think he killed her...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 07:50:24 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
I think he killed her...

So do I...

How's my SiSTAH.... Laughing

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.