April 27, 2024, 06:40:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tavia Sills, 18, missing 9/9/08 - Shreveport, LA BODY FOUND/suspect in custody  (Read 14014 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: September 12, 2008, 12:49:30 PM »

September 11, 2008 08:39 PM

Shreveport Police need the public's help in locating an 18 year old female who may be needing immediate medical attention.

Tavia Sills, who is five months pregnant and attending Southern University has been missing since Tuesday evening. Sills suffers from extreme asthma and intense migraines and left home without her medication. Tavia was picked up by a male friend in his vehicle, in the 1900 block Hazel at approximately 7:23 PM on Tuesday, September 9th. According to the friend, he last saw her as he dropped her off at the Prince Village Apartments, 2488 David Raines Rd.

Anyone having any information regarding the whereabouts of Sills are encouraged to call Shreveport Police Department, Investigator Youngblood, 673-7023.
http://www.ktbs.com/news/Missing-Girl-16941/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 03:17:59 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 12:51:35 PM »

Shreveport police seek information about missing student

Shreveport police need the public's help in finding an 18-year-old female who may need immediate medical attention.

Tavia Sills, who is five months pregnant and attending Southern University, has been missing since Tuesday evening.

Sills suffers from extreme asthma and intense migraines and left home without her medication.
Sills was picked up by a male friend in his vehicle in the 1900 block of Hazel at approximately 7:23 p.m. on Tuesday, September 9th.

According to the friend he last saw her as he dropped her off at the Prince Village Apartments, 2488 David Raines Road in Shreveport.

Anyone having any information regarding the whereabouts of Sills is encouraged to call Shreveport Police Department at (318) 673-7023 and ask for Investigator Youngblood.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080911/NEWS03/80911040/1002/rss

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 03:22:27 AM »

Oh man.....I have a body in Shreveport found late Friday. Been in the water a few days...Damn, I hope it isn't her 

Will check Sat. for more info. They cannot tell race/gender/identity and did not describe clothing found on the body..... but police are seeking clues Rolling Eyes
How do they expect people to help if they can't give a description of at least something!!

Will post link as soon as I have more.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 05:03:07 PM »

Body discovered in pond
Created: September 12, 2008 08:34 PM
Modified: September 12, 2008 11:27 PM

A couple of fisherman made a gruesome discovery Friday. They found a body floating in a pond. It happened in northwest Shreveport off Legardy Road in the city's MLK area. Police say the body appears to have been in the water for at least two days. Chief Henry Whitehorn did not say if it was male for female. He says an autopsy will shed more light on the case. He says right now, it's not known if the body belongs to missing Tavia Sills. The pregnant Southern University student disappeared earlier this week. http://www.ktbs.com/news/Body-discovered-in-pond-17021/

Hat tip to the link came from nanabillie @ HFTM - Thank you.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 09:07:46 PM »

Body found in pond is missing college student     

Modified: September 13, 2008 07:57 PM

A body found Friday in a pond in north Shreveport has been identified as missing Southern University student Tavia Sills, police said today.

The father of Sills' unborn child has been arrested.

Sills, 18, disappeared earlier this week. Two fishermen found her body in a pond off Legardy Street in the city's Martin Luther King neighborhood, police said.

Arrested on charges of first-degree murder was Lamondre Tucker

Police have not disclosed a suspected motive for the slaying.
http://www.ktbs.com/news/Body-found-in-pond-is-missing-college-student-17082/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 09:36:59 PM »

Police confirm body in pond missing woman

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 03:29 PM EDT
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Police accuse a Shreveport man of killing his pregnant ex-girlfriend after her body was found in a pond in the MLK neighborhood of Shreveport Friday night.

Shreveport Police Chief Henry Whitehorn then said, "at this point we have arrested Killamondre Tucker who is allegedly the former boyfriend of Ms. Seals and he's in custody on first degree murder.  An autopsy was performed this morning and she was pregnant."

Relatives first reported 18-year old Tavia Sills missing on Tuesday.  Three days later, just after 6 p.m. Friday (9/12), a couple discovered Sills body while fishing at a pond just beyond the dead end at the 17-hundred block of of Legardy Street.

Chief Whitehorn would not reveal the suspected cause of death nor if the pond was the murder scene or just the spot where the body was dropped.  Chief Whitehorn also said investigators believe the body had been there several days.

Seals had just started at Southern University and was 5-months pregnant. Chief Whitehorn also declined to say whether or not Tucker was the father of the baby or a possible motive for the homicide.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=9003606&nav=menu50_2_1

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 12:59:07 AM »

This is so sad, I'm sick and tired of these men killing their girlfriends/wives that are pregnant.  Actually I'm sick of all the murders these just bug me even more.  damn.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 02:59:24 AM »

This is so sad, I'm sick and tired of these men killing their girlfriends/wives that are pregnant.  Actually I'm sick of all the murders these just bug me even more.  damn.

I agree. What a terrible outcome for this young woman, and for her unborn child, and  it's just becoming all too common now for these kinds of murders to take place. I just don't understand what these men are thinking.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 06:39:34 PM »

Second Person Arrested in Tavia Sills Murder

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 10:17 PM EDT

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Marcus Taylor, 21, is the latest man to be arrest in connection with the death of 18-year-old Tavia Sills. 
Sills was five months pregnant when her remains were discovered at a pond on a dead end road on Legardy Street last Friday.  She was reported missing by her family earlier that week.

On Saturday police arrested Lamondre' Tucker in connection with the crime. Tucker was the unborn baby boy's father.  Homicide detective Rod Demery is handling the case.  "It appears that the individual LaMondre Tucker had a relationship a previous relations with another females where they had a child. I think that that woman found out about the second baby. Just on timing I think that's what motivated but we can't be certain about that."
Police believe Taylor aided Lamondre' Tucker who was a senior at Booker T. Washington High School in the planning and killing of Tavia Sills.   Police do not believe the other woman had anything to do with the murder.Investigators say this is the worst homicide they have to deal with and it is still under investigation.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=9037021

fuzzy photos of the thugs at the link

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 02:03:08 PM »

Guilty Verdict in Caddo Murder Trial

POSTED: 10:20 pm CDT March 22, 2011.    
A Caddo District Court jury deliberated less than an hour Tuesday night before finding Lemondre Tucker guilty of first-degree murder in the slaying of his former girlfriend Tavia Sills, whose body was found dumped in a north Shreveport pond.

The 11-woman, one-man jury returned to court Wednesday morning for the penalty phase of the trial. They will decide whether to condemn the 20-year-old Tucker to die or to serve life in prison without parole.

snipped
http://www.ktbs.com/news/27287840/detail.html

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 06:17:14 PM »

Thanks for the update Nut.  Has Marcus Taylor been tried yet? do you know?  The only one I could find was a big basketball player.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »

Jury delivers death sentence in murder trial
9:54 AM, Mar. 24, 2011 

LaMondre Tucker, the 20-year-old convicted Tuesday of killing his ex-girlfriend two years ago, will be executed by the state.

::snipping2::  http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/D9/20110324/NEWS01/103240318/Jury-delivers-death-sentence-murder-trial

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 01:30:35 PM »

No update that I can see on Marcus, Sis.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 01:31:31 PM »

RIP Tavia.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 04:25:32 PM »

RIP Tavia.
Amen and Amen.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.