April 28, 2024, 03:18:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing woman's family gets a detective Tara Grant, 34, MI(BODY FOUND)  (Read 28762 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 09:46:51 PM »

I not sure if he did it, or paid someone to do it........

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:10:28 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »

Tara Grants torso found in garage at her home. Crying or Very sad
Various other body parts located in other areas.
Stephen Grant went missing and was arrested early Sunday morning 300 miles away from his home.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 10:15:50 AM »

Police Arrest Husband Accused of Murdering and Dismembering Tara Grant
Sunday , March 04, 2007

Police arrested a man Sunday wanted in connection with the dismembering death of his wife.

Michigan State Police arrested Stephen Grant early Sunday morning in Emmet County, Mich., after a statewide manhunt. The county is near the tip of the state's Lower Peninsula, about 300 miles from his home in Washington Township in suburban Detroit.

Stephen Grant is listed in serious condition at Northern Michigan Hospital in Petoskey, Mich., after being airlifted following his capture to be treated for frostbite and hypothermia.

Police captured Stephen Grant at 6:30 a.m. after a nighttime chase in a wooded area in Bliss Township.

• Click here for FOXNews.com's Crime center.

"Near the end he was moving quite fast through the snow until he was apprehended," said Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel at a press conference Sunday morning.

Deputies from his suburban Detroit office were on their way to Petoskey to guard Stephen Grant, he said.

"We think we have the right man based on his own statements," Hackel said.

Police launched the search Saturday after discovering what they believe to be Tara Lynn Grant's dismembered torso in the garage of the couple's house.

An arrest warrant had been issued Saturday charging Grant with murder, disinterment and mutilation.

Grant, 37, who had maintained his innocence in his wife's disappearance, went missing before police searched his home Friday and Saturday in Washington Township, about 30 miles outside Detroit. Searchers found the torso in the garage and what were thought to be other parts of Tara Grant's body in a nearby park.

Few details were immediately available about the capture, but Hackel said Emmet County authorities were key in the capture. The Emmet County sheriff's department said no one was available Sunday morning to discuss the arrest.

A truck that police believe Grant drove from his home was found Saturday night near Carp Lake, close to the bridge linking Michigan's Lower and Upper Peninsulas.

Grant's lawyer had said that he feared his client was suicidal.

The body had not been positively identified as of late Saturday, but the sheriff has said he was certain it was Tara Grant's. An autopsy was scheduled for Sunday.

About 100 law enforcement personnel looked for evidence and additional body parts Saturday near the Grants' home. The search was expected to resume Sunday.

Tara Grant last was seen Feb. 9. Stephen Grant reported her missing five days later. Police say that on the day she went missing, the Grants argued over her frequent business trips abroad.

If convicted of open murder, Grant could be sentenced to life in prison without parole.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256480,00.html
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2007, 02:27:04 PM »

Grants attorney withdraws from case.

He will have to seek new counsel.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2007, 04:36:28 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

WOW.

He was the one who said on TV last night sometimes good people do something bad Shocked .
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »

Quote from: "San"

WOW.

He was the one who said on TV last night sometimes good people do something bad Shocked .

He put it this way...
"If I cant give my entire blood , sweat and tears to a case then I have to bow out" (not verbatem)

Sounds to me as if he knows he is guilty as sin and does not want to represent him for the herrendous crimes....

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 06:04:05 AM »

Grant's defender says resignation not snap decision
March 5, 2007

BY JOE SWICKARD and CHRISTY ARBOSCELLO

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS

After almost three weeks of high-profile legal wrangling for Stephen Grant, his lawyer, David Griem, stepped aside Sunday, saying he could no longer represent the man accused of murdering and dismembering his wife.

Although the announcement came suddenly, it was not a snap decision, the former state and federal prosecutor said Sunday evening.
Advertisement

"It was a series of events of the last week that made it no longer possible to give him my everything as an attorney," Griem said.

He said details of the relationship couldn't be disclosed because of lawyer-client privilege, but he described the split as "erosion rather than one sharp event. And I don't blame Mr. Grant."

Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith said: "I think Dave was maybe conned like a lot of people."

Smith pointed to news interviews in which Grant pleaded for his wife's safe return home, "where you see those crocodile tears, where he claims or professes his innocence."

On Saturday morning, Griem made public pleas on behalf of Grant, saying he feared Grant had killed himself after a series of disturbing phone calls he made to Griem. He said he took two calls from Grant after midnight Friday, in which Grant was "increasingly emotionally distraught."

"He had a hard time getting sentences out coherently. He was rambling," Griem said.

But by Saturday afternoon, it was clear Grant was alive and on the run.

Over the past three weeks, media attention and investigators' pressure on Grant had cranked up, and Griem stood before cameras, challenging the tactics and actions of the Macomb County sheriff's department.

He assailed Grant's arrest and subsequent questioning after sheriff's deputies pulled him over on a traffic violation the day after Grant reported his wife missing. He defended Grant as a wounded father who'd give his all for his two small children.

Griem still insisted Sunday that the Friday night search that uncovered Tara Lynn Grant's torso in the garage of the Grant home was legally flawed and should be barred from any trial.

"For days the sheriff was saying, time after time whenever asked, that he didn't have probable cause for a search warrant," Griem said. "Then all of a sudden it changed? What happened?"

Griem is a former chief trial lawyer for the Macomb County Prosecutor's Office and onetime chief of the U.S. Attorney's drug team. He served a stint as Warren city attorney before going into private practice.

He focused on criminal defense work, and his clients included suspected drug dealers, organized crime figures and white-collar criminals. But none matched the public fascination of the search for Tara Grant.

Griem said he isn't totally abandoning Stephen Grant -- he'll meet with the new lawyers to go over the investigation.

But like with many relationships, he said legal representation has a life span.

"And now," he said, "it's just time."

Contact JOE SWICKARD at 313-222-8769 or jswickard@freepress.com.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 09:22:26 AM »

Local 4 has learned accused killer Stephen Grant has confessed to the murder and dismemberment of his wife Tara Lynn Grant. Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said in a press conference Monday morning.

Grant provided detailed information regarding the disappearance and murder of his wife, Tara Lynn Grant, according to police.

The information he provided matched evidence found in the case, Hackel said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 10:32:47 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:10:59 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 11:24:20 AM »

Here is a little more detail than what klaas posted; this is from The Detroit Free Press: (www.freep.com).

Stephen Grant has confessed to killing and dismembering his wife, Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said at a news conference today.

“He gave us a very lengthy confession, laying out what took place,” Hackel said. Although at times he appeared upset, mostly “he was matter-of-fact,” he said.

How, specifically, he killed Tara Lynn Grant, 34, the mother of their two young children and an executive for an international company, was not disclosed. A medical examiner reviewing her remains said it appears strangulation is the cause of death.

“We do understand there was a confrontation,” Hackel said.

Police say Grant was killed Feb. 9 in the couple’s Washington Township home as their 6-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son slept. Five days later, Stephen Grant reported his wife missing.

On Feb. 24, he became anxious as investigators — acting on a hunch — searched Stony Creek Metropark. After they combed the land and found nothing, Grant retrieved his wife’s torso from the field and placed it in his garage, police said.

Soon after, investigators found a Zip-loc bag in a wooded area not far from the Grants’ home. The bag contained latex gloves, metal shavings and blood, Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith said at the news conference.

{I think I read elsewhere that this finding was what police were able to use to get the search warrant.}

That discovery led them to Grant’s family’s tool-and-die shop in Mt. Clemens, where the dismemberment may have taken place.

On Friday evening, detectives searched the Grants’ property, finding the torso and two guns and other weapons. Grant then led police on a statewide manhunt. He was found Sunday in northern Michigan, suffering from fatigue, frostbite and hypothermia. He had fled for hours on foot without shoes and a jacket in Wilderness State Park. He was airlifted to Northern Michigan Hospital in Petoskey, where he’s being treated for his injuries under police guard. A spokesman for the hospital said he could be discharged later today.

He is scheduled to be arraigned on charges of open murder and dismemberment of a corpse Tuesday in Macomb County. Grant’s defense lawyer, David Griem, stepped down from the case over the weekend, and Grant has not yet retained another attorney.

Since he first reported his wife missing Feb. 14, Valentine’s Day, Grant has pleaded publicly for his her safe return home while refusing to cooperate directly with the Sheriff’s Office investigation.

“I think he had a lot of people fooled,” Hackel said.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 11:29:48 AM »

This guy is one wackadoo.

Do they have the death penalty in that state?
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 11:37:14 AM »

San- No - no death penalty. (I've been reading the Blog on this case, in the Detroit Free Press.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 11:48:58 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
San- No - no death penalty. (I've been reading the Blog on this case, in the Detroit Free Press.

Life in prison is too good for this guy.  I hope he is tortured every day for the rest of his life.

I don't believe for one second that they were arguing over her traveling.  They were probably arguing because he was spending all the money.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 12:03:49 PM »

Life in prison is too good for this guy.  I hope he is tortured every day for the rest of his life.

I don't believe for one second that they were arguing over her traveling.  They were probably arguing because he was spending all the money.

If you watch some of his interviews he has crazy eyes

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007, 12:08:43 PM »

If you watch some of his interviews he has crazy eyes

Yes I saw the picture but I haven't seen him in an interview.

If someone has a link please post it I would like to watch his actions.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 07:52:30 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:17:57 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 09:47:36 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:18:38 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 12:46:31 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:06:14 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007, 12:59:53 PM »

Quote from:  BLOCKED WEBSITE [/quote
This guy is a friggin loser and she probably got sick and tired of him and told him I want out.  She found out something about him.  I would love to see what the cops find on the computer that he was unwilling to give to them.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:06:57 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2007, 07:44:05 PM »

You are right that guy is a loser. When you see his facial expression in news clips.......he looks, well....we have a medical abreviation for it.......he looks
Fn'N.      

( F _ _ kin' Nuts Shocked )

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.