June 03, 2024, 09:49:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #34 10/17/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 178250 times)
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #440 on: October 30, 2010, 08:43:10 AM »

Terri Moulton Horman's lawyers say Kaine Horman is focused on his estranged wife's "destruction," and his most recent affidavit challenging her right to supervised parenting time with their daughter was intended only to "inflame and poison public opinion."

Kaine Horman's affidavit filed four days earlier is "vicious in its tone and content" and clearly meant to vilify Terri Horman in an effort to "completely destroy and sabotage" any relationship she might have with the couple's 2-year-old daughter, her divorce attorney Peter Bunch and criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze said in a motion Friday.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/kaine_horman_trying_to_destroy.html

Terri Horman's lawyers said Kaine Horman and his divorce attorney, Laura Rackner, a former prosecutor, have flouted Oregon laws governing civil procedure and evidence and the state's rules of professional conduct.

Kaine Horman and his lawyer improperly and deliberately referred to polygraph exams that are by Oregon Supreme Court law inadmissible in court, Houze and Bunch said. Horman and his lawyer also included hearsay and irrelevant personal text messages gained from the ongoing criminal investigation into Kyron Horman's disappearance, the two said.

This kind of stuff is flung around during routine divorces, not sure if much of the "respondent's" pouting the court will allow.

Thanks for the quotes and links.

Do ya' think someone is practicing their pouting as we speak?
 Monkey Devil!

BBM:
I don't understand why Houze is making a point of being involved with the divorce case. He has nothing to say about the possible criminal case, yet he has plenty to say about the divorce case, even showing up in court. Bunch must be thrilled to have his participation.

If Bunch did not want anything damaging to come out about Terri, he should have not requested visitation. I still think the visitation request is game-playing by the lawyers and not initiated by Terry.

My feelings exactly and also it took this to finally have the defense team make a statement. Other than she will take the 5th if requested to speak.

Imagine how much she is paying to have such a high profile defense attorney be involved in the divorce. She will use up all her ill gotten funds on this then how will she pay for her defense. Seriously, this says to me that Houze doesn't trust Bunch to handle the divorce on his own. I'm beginning to think that Bunch is just a puppet at this point. A talking head. Hi my name is Bunch, oh I'm sorry master should I have kept quiet?

Awe poor poor little Terwy and how awful that KH released those disgusting sickening text messages. He didn't release them to the media. The media went and requested them. All within their rights but still it isn't like Kaine sent them to the media they are a part of the visitation affidavit.

Time to set back and watch the oil boil.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: October 30, 2010, 09:23:52 AM »

Klaas I don't know what she did or if she was the one that actually did it. My worse fear is that she gave Kyron to somebody she was messing around with in order to please him so maybe she was delivering him.  it fits with what the astrologers were saying I think. My mind goes to Tori but this has happened so many times before. A man talks a woman into delivering a child to him...It is sick, horrible and all too common. Did that happen here? I hope I am wayyyyy off base.

It is my understanding the astrologers at WS believe that Kyron is dead and that Terri is the perp. 

That is my belief, too!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
paula513
Scared Monkey

« Reply #442 on: October 30, 2010, 09:26:49 AM »

If I was in Kaine's shoes, I would not have sent the baby away and stayed and pretended to be with TH.  No way.

I would in a heartbeat if I thought it would lead me to my child. I understand those that wouldn't and do not judge them

So would I have done that. I always thought that LE's handling of the alleged MFH plot was a huge mistake. KH was the single person who could have gotten her to spill the beans, if indeed she knows what happened to Kyron. I'm even more convinced of that given his recent allegations of her drinking herself into oblivion.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: October 30, 2010, 09:31:09 AM »

I don't think it's that Bunch couldn't handle the divorce but that the two cases are so intertwined even though they shouldn't be.  Agreed, considering it is 'their' child missing how could you keep the two cases seperate anyway.  I too think that instead of just going ahead and getting the quickie divorce KH is trying to force TH to talk.  It's so, so very sad Kitty is without both parents and poor little Kyron is just gone...vanished.   Oh, how in the beginning I had hoped he had just run out in the woods by the school exploring with another kid and just got lost then I thought TH had taken him maybe to guard him against some kind of abuse or fear of loss of Kyron because she loved him and then maybe she put him underground for same reasons then her scorned 'lover' took him and did whatever then a third person took Ky out of RS and TH hands and they don't know what happened to him at all or just some random SO off the street June 4, 2010 wandered in and took him!  I am all over the place with my thinking!  Please LE, tell us something!  Do they know anything?  MOO WARNING!  Ya know, if TH really has told all she knows and she left Kyron in the hallway headed to class and she got in the truck and drove away not knowing what was to happen in the next 30 minutes then LE has probably let a kidnapper/killer get away scot free and those Skyline children (and parents) who believe that this was not a random abduction are just as vulnerable as Kyron was that day.  It could happen again if the above scenario is anywhere near true.  I don't believe the school is anywhere more prepared today than they were that day.  They may have installed security cameras and other measures but if there are open doors there is a way.  Plus they aren't suspecting a thing...remember, the person who did this has been named and she is under such spotlight she wouldn't do it again or need to.  That is, if she did it.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #444 on: October 30, 2010, 11:12:13 AM »

If the attorneys are saying that Kaine is trying to destroy her in the court of public opinion, they must think that the texts are disgusting as well, I feel.

What does public opinion have to do with a divorce or visitation?
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: October 30, 2010, 11:29:49 AM »

If I was in Kaine's shoes, I would not have sent the baby away and stayed and pretended to be with TH.  No way.

I would in a heartbeat if I thought it would lead me to my child. I understand those that wouldn't and do not judge them

So would I have done that. I always thought that LE's handling of the alleged MFH plot was a huge mistake. KH was the single person who could have gotten her to spill the beans, if indeed she knows what happened to Kyron. I'm even more convinced of that given his recent allegations of her drinking herself into oblivion.

I couldn't leave a toddler without either of her parents while risking my life in the same house with a possibly pathological spouse. The risk aside, it's more important for Kiara to have the security of at least one constant, her father, in her life instead of being handed off to others.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #446 on: October 30, 2010, 03:46:42 PM »

If the attorneys are saying that Kaine is trying to destroy her in the court of public opinion, they must think that the texts are disgusting as well, I feel.

What does public opinion have to do with a divorce or visitation?

Now we are seeing the beginnings of game-playing by the attorneys. Terri's lawyers knew the texts existed and knew they might come out if they pushed for visitation. If Terri lied to them about the content, they might have been surprised once they were published. They are beginning to paint a picture of mean ol' Kaine in order to detract from poor lil' Terri's problems. *snort*

Public opinion does not have a thing to do with the divorce or visitation, but it may affect the possible criminal case and a jury. Houz is working toward the possible criminal case. Bunch is a seat-filler.

I am hoping the judge can either deny visitation or delay a decision until the DA has time to present a criminal case. Meanwhile, I suspect Kiara is thriving in a stress-free environment with lots of loving attention.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #447 on: October 30, 2010, 04:26:46 PM »

I couldn't leave a toddler without either of her parents while risking my life in the same house with a possibly pathological spouse. The risk aside, it's more important for Kiara to have the security of at least one constant, her father, in her life instead of being handed off to others.

Perhaps because I have a child who is disabled, I understand how you can leave one child and tend to another that needs you. I have had to do that unfortunately. Because of this I believe I would be able and willing to do that if I found myself in the position Kaine found himself in. I would not have left that house for anything. He didn't do that, I don't judge him for it.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: October 30, 2010, 04:42:34 PM »

Why are people attacking Blink? She is good at what she does. Do I always agree with her? No, but that doesn't mean I trash her or her site.

I think what the lawyer says is interesting and can shed a bit of light on what the courts may think. Lets say they go to court, Terri takes the stand and pleads the 5th, she leaves and here comes Kaine, don't ya think Terri's lawyers are going to ask him a few questions regarding the changing stories? What will he say? Well I was wrong at first and this is the real truth? Will the court accept that?  It scares me it will backfire on him. This, IMO could end up putting Kitty at risk rather then doing what it is supposed to do, protect her.
The texts are crude and not something I would practice, but nothing in them points to her guilt or shows she would be a bad mom. Mothers are alllowed to have sex and speak in a sexual manner, it is not illegal to do. People masterbate and it is not illegal to do. I don't even think it proves she is a bad influence on a child as she was not doing it at the same time as tending to children or speaking about a child in a sexual manner. So what will this show the court? She was masterbating when her step son was missing? Not illegal to do and I think since everyone masterbates at some point, I am not sure a court can say it was inappropriate, even if there were pictures taken. The texts were between two adults. The court, I don't think, will give these as much weight at the court of public opinion. I wonder if we will read a motion that asks to have these dismissed.
Don't bash me, I think it tells a lot about her but just don't know what a court of law will find of value.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: October 30, 2010, 04:51:26 PM »

Maybe I missed the posts but I didn't see anyone attacking Blink.  I better look back because Blink is a sister site and Blink is my friend.  Blink and I don't always agree but people can disagree without attacking one another.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #450 on: October 30, 2010, 04:59:43 PM »

Maybe I missed the posts but I didn't see anyone attacking Blink.  I better look back because Blink is a sister site and Blink is my friend.  Blink and I don't always agree but people can disagree without attacking one another.

Look near the bottom of the previous page, near the bottom.

I don't consider it trashing or attacking; just uncomfortable with the site.

I did state "The articles can be taken with a grain of salt", but I say that about all media, and I think it is true.

Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: October 30, 2010, 05:05:57 PM »

Why are people attacking Blink? She is good at what she does. Do I always agree with her? No, but that doesn't mean I trash her or her site.

I think what the lawyer says is interesting and can shed a bit of light on what the courts may think. Lets say they go to court, Terri takes the stand and pleads the 5th, she leaves and here comes Kaine, don't ya think Terri's lawyers are going to ask him a few questions regarding the changing stories? What will he say? Well I was wrong at first and this is the real truth? Will the court accept that?  It scares me it will backfire on him. This, IMO could end up putting Kitty at risk rather then doing what it is supposed to do, protect her.
The texts are crude and not something I would practice, but nothing in them points to her guilt or shows she would be a bad mom. Mothers are alllowed to have sex and speak in a sexual manner, it is not illegal to do. People masterbate and it is not illegal to do. I don't even think it proves she is a bad influence on a child as she was not doing it at the same time as tending to children or speaking about a child in a sexual manner. So what will this show the court? She was masterbating when her step son was missing? Not illegal to do and I think since everyone masterbates at some point, I am not sure a court can say it was inappropriate, even if there were pictures taken. The texts were between two adults. The court, I don't think, will give these as much weight at the court of public opinion. I wonder if we will read a motion that asks to have these dismissed.
Don't bash me, I think it tells a lot about her but just don't know what a court of law will find of value.

Not bashing you, especially with such an adorable avi, but I don't think Kaines change of opinion is going to pose problem since his opinion changed based on additional information than he had previously. So it would make sense that his opinion of Terri as a wonderful mother would change as he is now looking at it without the rose-colored glasses Terri gave him to wear.

I also think the texts showed that Terri is not above using Kitty as a mere excuse to cover up her booty call (imo) to MC. The texts seemed to show her saying the reason she gave for leaving the house (to visit MC) was because she was upset that Kaine didn't know what Kitty's favorite toy or favorite blanket was. That showed that she can turn on the fake caring at will while really just thinking about her next sexual encounter. Granted, there may have been parts missing from those texts, but based on what was there, that was the impression I got.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #452 on: October 30, 2010, 05:17:43 PM »

Not bashing you, especially with such an adorable avi, but I don't think Kaines change of opinion is going to pose problem since his opinion changed based on additional information than he had previously. So it would make sense that his opinion of Terri as a wonderful mother would change as he is now looking at it without the rose-colored glasses Terri gave him to wear.

I also think the texts showed that Terri is not above using Kitty as a mere excuse to cover up her booty call (imo) to MC. The texts seemed to show her saying the reason she gave for leaving the house (to visit MC) was because she was upset that Kaine didn't know what Kitty's favorite toy or favorite blanket was. That showed that she can turn on the fake caring at will while really just thinking about her next sexual encounter. Granted, there may have been parts missing from those texts, but based on what was there, that was the impression I got.

I agree with all of your post, but I bolded the part about Kaine. As time went on after Kyron's disappearance, he discovered more and more about Terri, and not just from LE. From something he said in an interview, I think friends and acquaintances have come forward with information. It was probably a lot of the things people do not go running to spouses to tattle about, but in this case we have a missing child. Once the various bits and pieces of information were gathered, Kaine had a new picture of Terri.

He probably thought problems with Terri could be worked out before, but he did not have a true picture of Terri and her actions and problems.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: October 30, 2010, 05:21:17 PM »

Grey - to be clear I like Blink and know for a fact that Blink does have sources and she often works closely with LE on cases.  That said, in this particular case we (Blink and I) don't agree.  She knows my opinion differs from hers on this case and we respectfully disagree.  

As far as comments on Blinks site I don't have time to read her comment section, too busy here.    
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #454 on: October 30, 2010, 05:29:49 PM »

Grey - to be clear I like Blink and know for a fact that Blink does have sources and she often works closely with LE on cases.  That said, in this particular case we (Blink and I) don't agree.  She knows my opinion differs from hers on this case and we respectfully disagree.  

As far as comments on Blinks site I don't have time to read her comment section, too busy here.    

Yeah, I know she has LE sources, but I don't care for the way she says she knows more than she is telling like she is teasing. What LE knows or thinks at one point in a case can change as new information is found.

The comments here are much better, and the format makes the much easier to read. You and the other mods are good about questioning statements and sources and clarifying things when needed. I don't go to Blink's anymore.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #455 on: October 30, 2010, 05:42:24 PM »

I read the sexts. I read what the lawyer on Blink's site wrote.
This kind of stuff, he said, she said goes on in divorce cases all the time in family courts.
Terri was ok fine and now that he filed for a divorce and she wants to see her daughter, she's a skank. Typical stuff and it will backfire on HIM.
If he was at home working and looking after the kids, why was there no school involvement on his part ? If he was at home working, he was probably in his office with the door closed.
Working. Like he did the day Kyron went missing.
Her lawyers filed the motion for visitation. Maybe the motive was she wanted to see her daughter. That carpe that he filed has nothing to do with finding Kyron. Sure it was a glimpse into her private life ( YIKES ), now lets get a look at the 911 call made from that house on Dec 26 that her lawyer asked for. Might be a glimpse into HIS private life. If HER lawyer wants it, it doesn't incriminate her, rather him. He could have been smacking someone, Terri, James, Kyron  or maybe he was being harassed by some lady for all we know. Or something totally off my radar.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #456 on: October 30, 2010, 05:53:01 PM »

I agree with all of your post, but I bolded the part about Kaine. As time went on after Kyron's disappearance, he discovered more and more about Terri, and not just from LE. From something he said in an interview, I think friends and acquaintances have come forward with information. It was probably a lot of the things people do not go running to spouses to tattle about, but in this case we have a missing child. Once the various bits and pieces of information were gathered, Kaine had a new picture of Terri.

He probably thought problems with Terri could be worked out before, but he did not have a true picture of Terri and her actions and problems.

Can I clarify something with a lawyer if one is reading. Lets say Terri pleads the 5th, do Terri's lawyers get the chance to question Kaine under oath? I think they do but need to clarify that point.  Are they allowed to discredit Kaine through cross examination? Can this be used to get Terri's side of the story without her taking the stand and spilling the beans? 
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #457 on: October 30, 2010, 06:00:35 PM »

I read the sexts. I read what the lawyer on Blink's site wrote.
This kind of stuff, he said, she said goes on in divorce cases all the time in family courts.
Terri was ok fine and now that he filed for a divorce and she wants to see her daughter, she's a skank. Typical stuff and it will backfire on HIM.
If he was at home working and looking after the kids, why was there no school involvement on his part ? If he was at home working, he was probably in his office with the door closed.
Working. Like he did the day Kyron went missing.
Her lawyers filed the motion for visitation. Maybe the motive was she wanted to see her daughter. That carpe that he filed has nothing to do with finding Kyron. Sure it was a glimpse into her private life ( YIKES ), now lets get a look at the 911 call made from that house on Dec 26 that her lawyer asked for. Might be a glimpse into HIS private life. If HER lawyer wants it, it doesn't incriminate her, rather him. He could have been smacking someone, Terri, James, Kyron  or maybe he was being harassed by some lady for all we know. Or something totally off my radar.

I think the point that's being missed is WHY Kaine filed for divorce. He thought everything, including Terri, was okay until he got information that told him different. Based on what he now knows, he needs to do whatever it takes to protect his daughter from a personality-disordered mother.

This is going to get nastier. TH's lawyers are going to try and find dirt on Kaine as well. But the fact remains, there is probable cause to believe that Terri wanted to have Kaine killed. Not vice versa.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #458 on: October 30, 2010, 06:03:42 PM »

Yeah, I know she has LE sources, but I don't care for the way she says she knows more than she is telling like she is teasing. What LE knows or thinks at one point in a case can change as new information is found.The comments here are much better, and the format makes the much easier to read. You and the other mods are good about questioning statements and sources and clarifying things when needed. I don't go to Blink's anymore.

I can understand why that would bother some people, but I just take it as another way to gather information. I trust Blink and what she reports and trust she is honest.
I haven't read there in a bit not because I don't want to but because I don't have enough time. I do respect her and her site and thank her for reporting not just the popular opinions but taking a risk now and then. Blink you rock!
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #459 on: October 30, 2010, 06:07:36 PM »

I'm not sure that he thought Terri was fine.  after all, he did say that there was talk of divorce and he thought that it had been worked out.

He may have learned things from sources such as other people living with him that told him of Terri's night time habits.

He did work from home, but the operative word here is "work".

Many people feel if someone is working from home, it really isn't work and one is free to do as s/he pleases all day long.

I think that those who work from home will agree with me; that is not the case.  One actually does have to work and it is not play time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.