April 24, 2024, 08:08:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Future of Race Discrimination Suits in the US?  (Read 1893 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 12, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »

"Coke bottler in $495K discrimination settlement"

The labor department's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs said an investigation determined that qualified nonwhite applicants were not being hired at the same rate as qualified white applicants. In some cases, the black and Latino applicants had more experience and education than some of the whites who did get jobs, according to the agency.

Is education always an indication of ones ability to do a job?  Is this the future of race discrimination cases in the US? 

The Obama administration said something the other day about young people getting their 'credentials' at community college.  Will educational credentials be used in the future against employers in discrimination suits?  A community college education always trumps real world experience when you hire a white instead of a black and the black has the educational 'credentials'?

How is it possible that the labor department can rate someone's experience?  In many instances, I would imagine it would be apple to oranges.  Does government always know best when it comes to determining the best candidate?

Were there whites with education and experience equal to that of blacks and Latinos that got passed up for jobs?  Did they get $$$ too?

"Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated did not and does not discriminate against any person for any reason," the statement said. "There were legitimate non-discriminatory reasons for not hiring certain applicants who are the subject of this claim."

What were the legitimate reasons?  Why should government massaging of numbers lead to $$$ bonuses for blacks and Latinos?  Why not women?  Polish or Ukraine immigrants?

more here - http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2010/10/09/coke-bottler-k-discrimination-settlement/

I would imagine we'll see more suits like this in the future and it will become a cottage industry for blacks and Latinos.  just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »

A public records request made earlier this year reveals the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs spot-checked hiring practices at more than 250 companies in the Carolinas between January 2008 and February 2010. Records show nine of them were required to compensate job seekers as a result of discrimination.

A South Carolina branch of Wachovia and a Freightliner Trucks plant in Cleveland, North Carolina both agreed to pay back wages to minority applicants totaling more than $400,000. Two Perdue Farms poultry plants were cited for hiring too many Hispanic workers, and not enough people of other races.

more here - http://www.wfae.org/wfae/1_87_316.cfm?action=display&id=6543

Does this mean that companies have to hire, promote, and fire based on race?  So sorry, to many XYZ people, you lose job?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 05:14:48 PM »

Why would just the data in 2002 be suspect?  Was this an anomaly in the usual/historical composition of folks applying for jobs at this Coke location?

Could someone have robo applied for jobs at this Coke location in anticipation of a race discrimination lawsuit after Gore/Kerry won in 2004?  The infamous 'stolen' election?

I've read so much that some want to base race discrimination suits on the racial composition of those applying. 

If the community is say 90% white and 10% non-white, and you were in the middle of no where and historically looked to locals to fill openings, would you be guilty of race discrimination if someone, say a community organization robo posted a 900 applications from non-whites, and you continued to hire locals, say 9 whites and 1 non-white? 

Would such a company now be guilty of race discrimination in Holder's DOJ because 90% or more of the applicants were non-white and you hired 9 whites and just one non-white?

What's to prevent community organizations or other groups from robo posting hundreds and thousands of application/resumes to skew the racial composition of the applications?  Thus ensuring that companies were forced to hire only non-whites for openings?

Would it be reasonable in a community that is say 90% white that all future hiring was only for non-whites?

It's not that they're against whites, they're just for all these others...

What is to prevent all these statistical 'victims' to collect from every employer they applied to or sent in a resume?

How does anyone know that some of these folks were eliminated not due to race, but to other factors?  Like...what comes to mind...not returning a call, not showing up for an interview, not doing well in the interview, taking another job before this one was filled?

Why should race matter?  Why isn't this a new day, where folks are judged based on the content of their character, not the color of their skin?

It seems like Holder/Obama's DOJ is skewing the cards for non-whites.

just my humble opinions

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 05:30:57 PM »

Every time I read about Holder's DOJ and another discrimination suit I have to wonder what the racial composition of new hires is for government jobs.

Are there racial quotas based on population of the US?

Are there racial quotas based on the racial mix of applicants?  If there is one opening, and 99 applicants are non-white, and one applicant is white, the white gets excluded due to race?  It would be statistically impossible to hire that one white person in the Holder/Obama racial preference scheme for America? 

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 03:07:20 PM »

The more I think of this, the more troubling it becomes.

What kind of 'experience' is the government considering?  Work at McDonalds?  Construction?  Was the experience the DOL considered in these folks the same kind of experience that Coke was looking for?  Apples to Apples or Apples to ???

How much value did Coke give to experience and education as compared to what the government decided?

Is the DOL setting standards for hiring in this instance that may not be relevant to Coke's standards?

How many jobs were really available?  95?

How many folks of other races with similar education and experience that the government was looking for didn't get the job?  Aren't eligible for the half million dollar robo app payment from Coke?

Is this a new Obama job? No need to work, just become an Obama robo applicant for jobs and will the DOL $$$ lottery?  A 'green' Obama job - multi-million dollar DOL/community organization robo applicant?  No need to really work...just robo app or have a community organization do it for you.

jmho

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.