April 28, 2024, 02:41:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #2 10/13/10 - 10/16/10  (Read 197642 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2010, 03:43:10 PM »

Zahra could have died in the house and not dead long enough in the house to leave a scent that they dogs would pick up a couple weeks later.

Researchers are trying to determine how long the scent lingers when the body is no longer present, but there are no conclusive results yet—it may be two weeks, or it may be longer. One former Scotland Yard dog handler talking about the McCann case hypothesized that the scent wouldn't last more than a month.

http://www.slate.com/id/2174177/

It was my impression it was search dogs not cadaver dogs that couldn't pick up her scent in the house.

Do you have a link to this?

They were talking about death scents above, which is what I was responding to.

I have never read that they found NO scent of her in the house.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2010, 03:43:48 PM »

Remember when the 'girl' with long hair was talking about Zahra's abuse?  She is married/separated from a nephew of Gothmother.
She said that her mother would babysit weekends for Zahra. 
Why the heck did they need a babysitter if Gothmom's only income is from her husband? Obviously Gothmom did not work.
Did the Gothfather try to give the child a break from beatings?
Did they party?
I would like to 'interview' that neice-in-law............I bet she could shed a lot of light on a lot of things.
How in God's Name could you send a distraught, bruised, disabled child back 'home'?
Just how?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: October 13, 2010, 03:45:02 PM »

Search warrant reveals items seized from home of missing Hickory girl

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - A police search warrant, which lists items removed from the home of a 10-year-old Hickory girl who is still missing, sheds new details on the case.

When Zahra Claire Baker was reported missing by her father, Adam Baker, Saturday afternoon, officials activated an AMBER alert.  After questioning the child's stepmother, Elise Baker, Monday night, police called off the AMBER alert on Tuesday saying the case was now a homicide investigation.

A search warrant was executed on Sunday, Oct. 10, by the Hickory Police Department at the child's home on 21st Avenue Northwest in Hickory.

According to the warrant, the Hickory Police Department was requested by the Hickory Fire Department to respond to a small grass fire at the home on Saturday, Oct. 9 around 5:20 a.m.

When Officer R. Rollins arrived at the home, he was approached by a Hickory firefighter who said there was a fire on a mulch pile behind the home.

Firemen also told Rollins the passenger side doors of a silver 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe that was parked outside the home were open.  A Duke Power envelope with handwriting was inside the vehicle on the front windshield.

Officer Rollins reports in the search warrant that he smelled gasoline emitting from inside the vehicle when he approached.

The Duke Power envelope had the following message: "Mr. Coffey, you like being in control now who is in control we have your daughter and your pot smoking red head son is next unless you do what is asked 1,000,000 unmarked will be in touch soon."  The note also had written at the top and bottom, "no cops."

Rollins saw Mark Coffey and his only daughter, Lauren Coffey, at the home around 5:30 a.m.  Rollins said she was not harmed in any way.  WBTV has learned Adam Baker was renting the home from Mark Coffey, who is also Baker's boss.

Rollins and the firefighters left the home around 6:41 a.m. after investigating the small grass fire.  They believed it to be an arson, the warrant stated.

Around 2 p.m., the police department received a call from Adam Baker stating that someone had poured gas into his car and left a note stating that they had his bosses' daughter.  Baker told police he thought a kidnapper took his daughter, Zahra Baker.

An officer went to the home and searched the house with assistance from Adam and Elisa Baker.

On Sunday, Maria Claxton with the South Carolina Search and Rescue Dog Association was called to the home at the request of police and the FBI.

Claxton walked the dog around the Bakers' home and their vehicles.  The warrant states that around 1 p.m., the canine "gave a positive alert for the presence of human remains in or on both vehicles, the silver in color Chevrolet Tahoe... and the burgundy in color Toyota Camry..."

The vehicles were taken to the Hickory Police Department where agents with the North Carolina SBI and FBI assisted police officers in gathering evidence.

According to the search warrant, the items removed from the Chevrolet Tahoe and Toyota Camry include: Duke Power bill, numerous papers with writings and phone numbers, assorted receipts, (3) passports with paperwork, (2) toothbrushes, hair brush, assorted ink pens, (2) lighters, (2) pillows, sheet, comforter, (3) gas cans, (4) burnt samples from Tahoe and brush pile, pink jacket, plastic bowl with green vegg. matter, assorted drug paraphernalia, Chinese take-out menu, 1990 Burgundy Toyota Camry, latent lift, photos, and Chevy Tahoe.

In addition to taking photographs of both vehicles, three swabs of a substance which police said appeared to be blood were also taken from the Chevrolet Tahoe.

On Sunday, police charged Elisa Baker with various unrelated offenses.  She was taken to the Catawba County Jail.  On Monday, police charged her with felony obstruction of justice after they say she admitted to writing the ransom note.

Neither she nor Adam Baker have been charged with Zahra's disappearance at this time.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13317074
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2010, 03:45:37 PM »

How many kids lived in the home? I was just wondering where are they now and if they can be ask questions about zahra as in how long has it been since you saw her? Or was mommy mean to her? Questions like that

Just one, Zahra. Elisa has 2 grown daughters and a grown son from another marriage.

How old is this woman vs. the dad?

He's 33, she's 42

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: October 13, 2010, 03:45:41 PM »

Zahra could have died in the house and not dead long enough in the house to leave a scent that they dogs would pick up a couple weeks later.

Researchers are trying to determine how long the scent lingers when the body is no longer present, but there are no conclusive results yet—it may be two weeks, or it may be longer. One former Scotland Yard dog handler talking about the McCann case hypothesized that the scent wouldn't last more than a month.

I agree because apparently the "dead body" does not leave a death scent for a couple hours after death that can be detected by dogs.  So they could have immediatly moved her to one of these vehicles that clearly had the death scent on it.  JMO. 

I read an old study done on this and the average for the dogs was something like 2.5+ hrs after death that the dogs noted a scent. 
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2010, 03:46:10 PM »

Remember when the 'girl' with long hair was talking about Zahra's abuse?  She is married/separated from a nephew of Gothmother.
Why the heck did they need a babysitter if Gothmom's only income is from her husband? Obviously Gothmom did not work.
Did they party?
I would like to 'interview' that neice-in-law............I bet she could shed a lot of light on a lot of things.
How in God's Name could you send a distraught, bruised, disabled child back 'home'?
Just how?

Brittney and her mom Kim.  She said they had her many a weekends. Perhaps to get her out of that house and away from the abuse as much as possible?

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2010, 03:49:39 PM »

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - A police search warrant, which lists items removed from the home of a 10-year-old Hickory girl who is still missing, sheds new details on the case.

When Zahra Claire Baker was reported missing by her father, Adam Baker, Saturday afternoon, officials activated an AMBER alert.  After questioning the child's stepmother, Elise Baker, Monday night, police called off the AMBER alert on Tuesday saying the case was now a homicide investigation.

A search warrant was executed on Sunday, Oct. 10, by the Hickory Police Department at the child's home on 21st Avenue Northwest in Hickory.

According to the warrant, the Hickory Police Department was requested by the Hickory Fire Department to respond to a small grass fire at the home on Saturday, Oct. 9 around 5:20 a.m.

When Officer R. Rollins arrived at the home, he was approached by a Hickory firefighter who said there was a fire on a mulch pile behind the home.

Firemen also told Rollins the passenger side doors of a silver 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe that was parked outside the home were open.  A Duke Power envelope with handwriting was inside the vehicle on the front windshield.

Officer Rollins reports in the search warrant that he smelled gasoline emitting from inside the vehicle when he approached.

The Duke Power envelope had the following message: "Mr. Coffey, you like being in control now who is in control we have your daughter and your pot smoking red head son is next unless you do what is asked 1,000,000 unmarked will be in touch soon."  The note also had written at the top and bottom, "no cops."

Rollins saw Mark Coffey and his only daughter, Lauren Coffey, at the home around 5:30 a.m.  Rollins said she was not harmed in any way.  WBTV has learned Adam Baker was renting the home from Mark Coffey, who is also Baker's boss.

Rollins and the firefighters left the home around 6:41 a.m. after investigating the small grass fire.  They believed it to be an arson, the warrant stated.

Around 2 p.m., the police department received a call from Adam Baker stating that someone had poured gas into his car and left a note stating that they had his bosses' daughter.  Baker told police he thought a kidnapper took his daughter, Zahra Baker.

An officer went to the home and searched the house with assistance from Adam and Elisa Baker.

On Sunday, Maria Claxton with the South Carolina Search and Rescue Dog Association was called to the home at the request of police and the FBI.

Claxton walked the dog around the Bakers' home and their vehicles.  The warrant states that around 1 p.m., the canine "gave a positive alert for the presence of human remains in or on both vehicles, the silver in color Chevrolet Tahoe... and the burgundy in color Toyota Camry..."

The vehicles were taken to the Hickory Police Department where agents with the North Carolina SBI and FBI assisted police officers in gathering evidence.

According to the search warrant, the items removed from the Chevrolet Tahoe and Toyota Camry include: Duke Power bill, numerous papers with writings and phone numbers, assorted receipts, (3) passports with paperwork, (2) toothbrushes, hair brush, assorted ink pens, (2) lighters, (2) pillows, sheet, comforter, (3) gas cans, (4) burnt samples from Tahoe and brush pile, pink jacket, plastic bowl with green vegg. matter, assorted drug paraphernalia, Chinese take-out menu, 1990 Burgundy Toyota Camry, latent lift, photos, and Chevy Tahoe.

In addition to taking photographs of both vehicles, three swabs of a substance which police said appeared to be blood were also taken from the Chevrolet Tahoe.

On Sunday, police charged Elisa Baker with various unrelated offenses.  She was taken to the Catawba County Jail.  On Monday, police charged her with felony obstruction of justice after they say she admitted to writing the ransom note.

Neither she nor Adam Baker have been charged with Zahra's disappearance at this time.

TWO toothbrushes.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2010, 03:52:48 PM »

Seems like the search warrants may have only been for the property and not the house??????

Does that make sense????
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2010, 03:52:59 PM »

Scanner
Catawba County North Carolina - Live Audio Feeds (2)

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=151
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2010, 03:55:36 PM »

This is kinda o/t but I was curious as to how many of you guys live in NC. If I am not being nosey just wondering that's all. Not sure if I am allowed to ask. And if I am not allowed to ask. Then I am so sorry Smile

NCSunny

mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2010, 03:56:17 PM »

Seems like the search warrants may have only been for the property and not the house??????

Does that make sense????

Not to me.  They should have taken everything from the little girl's room.  Bed sheets and all.  These people are guilty.  I cannot imagine a father that did not know when he saw his daughter last.  He is lying.  And, he is not too upset either.  I wish they could do like in the movies and pretend they have found her alive somewhere and see how the two react?  Well, I can dream, can't I???
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2010, 03:59:47 PM »

Does that make sense????

Not to me.  They should have taken everything from the little girl's room.  Bed sheets and all.  These people are guilty.  I cannot imagine a father that did not know when he saw his daughter last.  He is lying.  And, he is not too upset either.  I wish they could do like in the movies and pretend they have found her alive somewhere and see how the two react?  Well, I can dream, can't I???

Yes you can!  Being the "GothicFiary" she would probably have a heart attack for sure.  From the news article above they took all those items from the vehicles...it does not look like they got into the house????  Atleast at that point imo.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: October 13, 2010, 04:04:48 PM »

It was my impression it was search dogs not cadaver dogs that couldn't pick up her scent in the house.

Do you have a link to this?

They were talking about death scents above, which is what I was responding to.

I have never read that they found NO scent of her in the house.

I'll go back and look but I recall it was the same reporter who thought he saw cloths or material in the ashes from the fire.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2010, 04:04:54 PM »

Did they party?
Just how?

Tolerance,  " Normal * whatever that is today" People would not allow Zahra to be returned to Swine monster. I think that " Abuse" runs rampant in this family. That it is part of their every day realm of being. They view it differently, they see it as a part of life.

Zahra not being " blood to them" may have kept them at bay. They tolerated Zahra. They treated her as that poor little thing. Yet were not attached to her. That is why they won't say any more than they have. It then starts opening closets into their own lives as " Family" .

They are part of the same clan that allowed Elisa to beat/harm/hurt Zahra.  All they can do now is protect themselves. I am sure they need some right now, protection that is. From the General Public at Large. They made their beds. all is jmo. 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #234 on: October 13, 2010, 04:06:19 PM »

TY Northern...

BBM  Telling isn't it??

NCSunny

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: October 13, 2010, 04:06:32 PM »

Does that make sense????

Yes you can!  Being the "GothicFiary" she would probably have a heart attack for sure.  From the news article above they took all those items from the vehicles...it does not look like they got into the house????  Atleast at that point imo.

I agree, not seen anything related to the house as of yet.  Not saying it does not exist but this search warrant reads like all these items were taken from the vehicles;

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #236 on: October 13, 2010, 04:10:56 PM »

Does that make sense????

The search Warrant docs are in the closed cage. They did take bedding. Pink comforter, sheets pillows .. its there. They did go inside the house. They removed a laundry list of items.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #237 on: October 13, 2010, 04:11:15 PM »

Did they party?
Just how?

Tolerance,  " Normal * whatever that is today" People would not allow Zahra to be returned to Swine monster. I think that " Abuse" runs rampant in this family. That it is part of their every day realm of being. They view it differently, they see it as a part of life.

Zahra not being " blood to them" may have kept them at bay. They tolerated Zahra. They treated her as that poor little thing. Yet were not attached to her. That is why they won't say any more than they have. It then starts opening closets into their own lives as " Family" .

They are part of the same clan that allowed Elisa to beat/harm/hurt Zahra.  All they can do now is protect themselves. I am sure they need some right now, protection that is. From the General Public at Large. They made their beds. all is jmo. 

This is from the zahra facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-4-Zahra-Clare-Baker/124056834314060?v=info&ref=search#!/posted.php?id=124056834314060&share_id=132834983433374&comments=1#s132834983433374

under comments investigators search burke site.

April Fairchild This is a complex case & it's devastating our entire family.The DAD sat & watched this & did nothing. Brittany Bentley is not immediate family, she was married to Elisa's nephew for short while & yes maybe there were some "abuse" recognized by her but she is NOT a blood relative of our family.Just clarifying that! But yes, this is a horrible situation for everyone involved & I pray for Zahra & our family that something is found.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »

This is kinda o/t but I was curious as to how many of you guys live in NC. If I am not being nosey just wondering that's all. Not sure if I am allowed to ask. And if I am not allowed to ask. Then I am so sorry Smile

I am close, in VA

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2010, 04:15:24 PM »

Does that make sense????

The search Warrant docs are in the closed cage. They did take bedding. Pink comforter, sheets pillows .. its there. They did go inside the house. They removed a laundry list of items.

The warrant above states they got those items from the cars??  I am going thru old articles and they don't say anything about the house.  Weird, jmo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.