April 27, 2024, 04:18:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #2 10/13/10 - 10/16/10  (Read 197619 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #640 on: October 15, 2010, 11:08:37 AM »

I can't imagine the horror that the Mim's are having right now, to realize a child was living up in the attic and it wasn't squirrels. 

The only question I have about living in the attic...would it not be very difficult for her to get in the attic...most stairs go straight up..

Guess I am hoping it was squirrels.

Squirrels wouldn't have tore down the dry wall like that. JMO

My attic, crawlspace is similar. The stairs fold down and are like an angled ladder. My brother placed plywood across over my insulation/studs, so I can store xmas decorations and stuff up there.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #641 on: October 15, 2010, 11:08:51 AM »

I can't imagine the horror that the Mim's are having right now, to realize a child was living up in the attic and it wasn't squirrels. 

The only question I have about living in the attic...would it not be very difficult for her to get in the attic...most stairs go straight up..

What scares me if she was living up there, someone may have carried her and that is where she stayed. What really is bothersome is after they moved out the noise was no longer heard. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: October 15, 2010, 11:09:59 AM »

ITA and what struck me was the blown in insulation ..Zahra had lung cancer prior..blown in insulation is the last thing she should have been around.  That poor child.
I didn't think of that, how disgusting.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: October 15, 2010, 11:13:44 AM »

Pink Angel even if squirrels could tear down the drywall, it is bizarre that the noise stopped when they moved out. I have a squirrel in my yard that is up to no good, but can't imagine them ripping drywall.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #644 on: October 15, 2010, 11:13:55 AM »

Haven't commented in a long time but this case has me sick! If the girl was abused so badly and regularly, the father would know! If she slept in an attic -- for God's sake -- he had to know something. And if police found evidence of decomp or blood on equipment he has access to ... well then it seems he knew a lot and maybe even took part in it. What the hell is wrong with these people? If a parent wants out, then leave the child with someone who is capable of loving her and caring for her. 

I remember you, Caylee.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: October 15, 2010, 11:13:58 AM »

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/15/cops-pour-through-leads-search-continues-ar-458449/

Published: October 15, 2010

Cops pore through leads as search continues
By Richard Gould

Hickory police officers are continuing to investigate each of the more than 100 leads that have come in on the department’s tip line since the department began looking for 10-year-old Zahra Baker Saturday afternoon, said a department official.

Originally a missing person’s case, Hickory police announced Tuesday that the case is being pursued as a homicide investigation.

Dogs trained to locate human remains were deployed across multiple locations in Catawba, Burke and Caldwell counties Thursday, but have not located the child.

“We are continuing to search properties with cadaver dogs – properties that have been developed through leads that are coming in through the public,” said Hickory police.

Zahra’s father, Adam Baker, 33, has cooperated with investigators throughout the search for his daughter and is continuing to do so.

“He’s spending a lot of time with us. He’s continuing to submit to daily interviews and after those interviews, he is allowed to go home,” said Hickory police. “He has not asked for a lawyer and he has not made us aware that he has retained an attorney.”

Zahra’s mother, Elisa Baker, 42, is in the Catawba County jail on a $72,000 bond. She’s been in jail since Saturday afternoon when she was arrested on more than a dozen unrelated crimes stemming from nine outstanding arrest warrants. Tuesday morning she was charged with obstruction of justice after admitting she wrote a fake ransom note demanding $1 million.
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: October 15, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »

the town house my fiance and i used to rent had an attic space like this but no stairs, as was my first appartment, i think you would have to use your own ladder in these types..

just from my experience, also a sad note, it is extremely hot in our attic in the summer, and we have a brand new home that is well insulated and very energy efficient, so an older place would prolly be worse 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: October 15, 2010, 11:17:08 AM »

Haven't commented in a long time but this case has me sick! If the girl was abused so badly and regularly, the father would know! If she slept in an attic -- for God's sake -- he had to know something. And if police found evidence of decomp or blood on equipment he has access to ... well then it seems he knew a lot and maybe even took part in it. What the hell is wrong with these people? If a parent wants out, then leave the child with someone who is capable of loving her and caring for her. 
Good to see you goodnmad    I agree it is clear that dad choose Elisa over Zahra. 
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #648 on: October 15, 2010, 11:22:07 AM »

They have ruled out blood/dog hits on the wood chipper more or less.

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment in an area where Baker's father once worked, but detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.
http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/631503/crews-come-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: October 15, 2010, 11:23:23 AM »

Elisa's Blogs and Comments:

Life in General:

Monkey King, you might want to CLEAN THE LANGUAGE UP in these before you post them.....WOW...WAY OVER THE TOP!!!
  I know you are just c & ping these.....but please clean them up BEFORE posting them....TIA

Hey Sunny~

Although I agree with the "over the top" sentiment, people are expressing themselves viscarily towards this woman.  These people are Elisa Baker's myspace friends who were posting on her Blog pages and were quoted using their exact statements.

How does that go- Let me see your friends and I'll tell you who you are...? 

These statements are a reflection of Elisa's social group which is why I left it intact and didn't edit it.

WE don't communicate towards one another on the forum like that nor would that be acceptable by any means!

Sorry you took offense, don't shoot the messenger!!

MonkeyKing-  You are responsible for editing out words such as the f bomb when you bring things over here.  You can xxx out most of the word (we'll have a good idea of what it is) and you can make a note you edited it. As a moderator, I can't allow all the f-bombs in the article you brought over, and I will have to spend my time going back and editing it out, and editing out each and every post that someone may have quoted.  In future, please edit what you bring here for offensive language.  MuffyBee

I'm bumping this up to be certain you see this Monkey King.  I'm on my way now to go back and edit the posts you should have edited yourself.  MuffyBee

Yes, I see it, Thank You, MuffyBee! 

Monkey King, I am a cut and paste person myself, so I understand you wanting to do it accurately.  Thanks for your willingness to "bleep" those offensive words.  I truly appreciate it.

Thank You Sister for your support.  No problem in the future.  I'm sure MuffyBee has her hands full at the moment.  She may need this  and this  on occassion!

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #650 on: October 15, 2010, 11:30:20 AM »

Elisa's Blogs and Comments:

Life in General:

Monkey King, you might want to CLEAN THE LANGUAGE UP in these before you post them.....WOW...WAY OVER THE TOP!!!
  I know you are just c & ping these.....but please clean them up BEFORE posting them....TIA

Hey Sunny~

Although I agree with the "over the top" sentiment, people are expressing themselves viscarily towards this woman.  These people are Elisa Baker's myspace friends who were posting on her Blog pages and were quoted using their exact statements.

How does that go- Let me see your friends and I'll tell you who you are...? 

These statements are a reflection of Elisa's social group which is why I left it intact and didn't edit it.

WE don't communicate towards one another on the forum like that nor would that be acceptable by any means!

Sorry you took offense, don't shoot the messenger!!

MonkeyKing-  You are responsible for editing out words such as the f bomb when you bring things over here.  You can xxx out most of the word (we'll have a good idea of what it is) and you can make a note you edited it. As a moderator, I can't allow all the f-bombs in the article you brought over, and I will have to spend my time going back and editing it out, and editing out each and every post that someone may have quoted.  In future, please edit what you bring here for offensive language.  MuffyBee

I'm bumping this up to be certain you see this Monkey King.  I'm on my way now to go back and edit the posts you should have edited yourself.  MuffyBee

Yes, I see it, Thank You, MuffyBee! 

Monkey King, I am a cut and paste person myself, so I understand you wanting to do it accurately.  Thanks for your willingness to "bleep" those offensive words.  I truly appreciate it.

Thank You Sister for your support.  No problem in the future.  I'm sure MuffyBee has her hands full at the moment.  She may need this  and this  on occassion!

The quotes on the blog were not made by friends.  Anyone who has a MySpace account could have commented on her blogs.  That is why there were so many haters posting there.  I, myself posted a comment on her blog but I can guarantee you, it wasn't one of those nasty ones.  Even though words like that come to mind when I think of what Zahra must have endured, I kept it clean.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: October 15, 2010, 11:31:22 AM »

Sorry Monkey King... I didn't mean to get in your box.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #652 on: October 15, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »

Offtopic sorta. Just goes to show you, how hard it is to get DHS to take action. (OK DHS is extra horrific in it's lack of action, ie: Aja Johnson too, just to name another)

This Mom was on meth, has been charged with murder of her 15 daughter (by shooting her UP with meth).

The state Department of Human Services confirms it had investigated allegations Rigsby was using meth and that her five children were unsupervised, abandoned and not attending school.
DHS spokeswoman Sheree Powell told The Oklahoman that no effort was made to remove the children because there was no proof found that they were abused or neglected.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13329720

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: October 15, 2010, 11:39:09 AM »

That's ok, Banana~ have a banana

A little vino to wash it down 

PRIVATE PARTY IN THE BOX!   

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #654 on: October 15, 2010, 11:40:40 AM »

That's ok, Banana~ have a banana

A little vino to wash it down 

PRIVATE PARTY IN THE BOX!   

Thanks Monkey King ... bananas and wine?  LOL LOL LOL

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #655 on: October 15, 2010, 11:44:15 AM »

thanks for the update pink angel ... sadly, I guess we are now just waiting for her body to be recovered. 

good to see you too no rose  sunny

I have been lurking but not posting ... too much sadness just waiting and waiting for justice for Caylee and so many others. There is seriously something wrong with the world we live in, or the some of the people who live in it.

It makes me so angry. This little girl had it tough enough. Then this beyotch had to abuse her too? WTH?

I remember you, Caylee.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: October 15, 2010, 11:54:31 AM »

I've spent many sleepless nights reading here.  This tragic story is the ultimate in depravity.  Zahra is being blessed by her Heavenly Father, and is at peace.  I need to believe this.

Dear Lord, you know everything thing about Zahra, as you knew her before she was born.  We give you praise for such knowledge.  We thank you too Lord for giving her beauty during her earthly journey for she now shines as a beacon for us as a reminder of what is good.  In humbleness we rejoice that you have rescued her from her sufferings.  We are delighted to realize in your presence her body has been made perfect and she can hear and run and laugh and do all things she was limited on earth to do.  Most of all, we thank you for the bountiful love she is now experiencing . . . no pain, no sorrow, no crying . . . you yourself have wiped away every tear from her eyes and with the touch of your hands you have cupped her face and welcomed her into her home.  Help us as we remain diligent in seeking justice to be mindful that all justice comes perfectly from you.  Amen and Amen.

Amen  an angelic monkey
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #657 on: October 15, 2010, 11:57:40 AM »

thanks for the update pink angel ... sadly, I guess we are now just waiting for her body to be recovered. 

good to see you too no rose  sunny

I have been lurking but not posting ... too much sadness just waiting and waiting for justice for Caylee and so many others. There is seriously something wrong with the world we live in, or the some of the people who live in it.

It makes me so angry. This little girl had it tough enough. Then this beyotch had to abuse her too? WTH?

Supposedly DSS came to the house.  I wish they would make a comment.  Did they see the child?  Did they check to see if she was living in deplorable conditions?  Did they do a damn thing????????   
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #658 on: October 15, 2010, 11:58:24 AM »

Can't help but wonder if the crawl space was a "safe" place for Zahra . . . away from the abuse . . . horrible to think an attic was better than life among people who were suppose to love her and protect her and nourish her.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: October 15, 2010, 11:58:39 AM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Friends-Missing-girl-had-happy-life-in-Australia-105031914.html

Friends: Missing girl had happy life in Australia

by MITCH WEISS / Associated Press

Posted on October 15, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Updated today at 11:48 AM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Though Zahra Clare Baker was battling cancer that forced her to wear hearing aids and a prosthetic leg, friends who knew her in Australia say she was an outgoing, caring, happy girl.

Then her lonely single father moved her halfway around the world to North Carolina so he could live with a woman he met on the Internet. Now the 10-year-old with the freckles and wide smile is missing and presumed dead, and friends and family thousands of miles away are waiting anxiously for word about her fate.

"She was one of the bravest little girls you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting," Kim Wright, 44, a close friend of the family, told The Associated Press in a phone interview from Giru, Australia, where Zahra lived until two years ago. "She was always thinking of others."

Zahra's father and stepmother reported her missing over the weekend, saying they had last seen her in her bed at their home in Hickory, about 50 miles northwest of Charlotte, early on the morning of Oct. 9.

Police say they don't believe them. They've had trouble finding anyone outside Zahra's house who has seen her alive in recent months. That's made it difficult to narrow down places to search.

"We've been going back and talking to everyone we can," Hickory Deputy Chief Clyde Deal said Thursday.

Zahra's stepmother, 42-year-old Elisa Baker, is jailed, accused of trying to throw off investigators with a fake ransom note. Her court-appointed attorney, Scott Reilly, says she is "scared to death" and very emotional about everything.

Zahra's father, Adam Baker, 33, hasn't been charged, but investigators haven't ruled him out as a suspect. Several telephone messages left for Adam Baker were not returned Thursday.

Wright said friends and family in Australia still hope Zahra is alive. She became friends with the little girl four years ago at a cancer fundraising event. She was sitting in a chair waiting for her head to be shaved to raise money when Zahra approached, took her hand and told her not to be scared.

Wright became something of a surrogate mother to the girl, whose biological mother left when she was a baby. Adam Baker raised her after that with help from his parents, Wright said, taking time off from the sugar mill where he worked so he could be with Zahra when she was diagnosed with bone cancer about five years ago.

Wright described a phone call from Zahra when she was in a children's hospital waiting to have her leg amputated.

"She told me they were having trouble with her leg because she was really sick. But then she said: 'It's OK because I'm going to be getting a Barbie leg so I don't want you to get upset,"' Wright said. "That little kid was more concerned about what I was feeling than what she was going through."

A few months later, doctors discovered tumors in her lungs. She had chemotherapy, but the treatment led to a partial hearing loss. Still, she remained upbeat, attending a camp for children with cancer and inspiring her fellow campers by taking part in all of the physical activities.

"She was missing a limb but she could still do anything that the other kids could do," said camp manager Mark McGregor. "She was an unbelievable kid and we're hoping like hell that you find her alive and we can get her back here."

Police say that's not likely. Documents and interviews with friends and neighbors in North Carolina paint a starkly different picture of Zahra's life there.

They say Elisa Baker had a short temper and would hit Zahra, that Social Services was called to investigate, but nothing was ever done.

"I watched her beat her and tried to stop her," said former neighbor Karen Yount, who filed a complaint against Elisa Baker for threatening to harm her daughter and her friends.

Former neighbor Kayla Rotenberry said she saw Elisa Baker hit Zahra and noticed bruises on the girl's face and body. She also said that Elisa Baker told her that Social Services was investigating.

"She was angry that people were getting into her business," she said. "We all tried to stop her. That little girl was so sweet. Always smiling through it all. She just wanted to be loved."

Wright says friends in Australia were suspicious of Elisa Baker when Adam Baker met her online in early 2008 and invited her to visit.

Elisa Baker told them she was she was a police officer who was shot in the line of duty. She also said she was a bounty hunter and had met celebrities.

"She told a lot of stories that never quite rang true," Wright said.

They were married that July in a small ceremony in Adam Baker's parents' backyard. In November, they moved to North Carolina. The family was less than thrilled, especially since Zahra's medical treatments were free in Australia.

"Adam was on his own for eight years with Zahra before he met (her) and I think he was lonely and I think that was his biggest downfall, really," Wright said.

The last time Wright saw Zahra, the little girl said she didn't want to leave her grandparents and friends. Wright hugged her and told her she would get to go to Disneyland.

"But she was nervous," Wright said. "She said she wanted to go for a day, but wasn't sure she wanted to live there. But when you're a 7-year-old kid, you don't get a choice. Your parents tell you what to do and that's the end of that discussion."

Why couldn't he have simply left Zahra in Australia to live with his parents
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.