April 28, 2024, 05:27:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #2 10/13/10 - 10/16/10  (Read 197652 times)
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #720 on: October 15, 2010, 02:30:44 PM »

- The father of a missing North Carolina girl who is presumed dead says he is cooperating with police searching for his daughter and unsure of his wife's possible involvement in the case.

Adam Baker told The Associated Press on Friday he still hopes to find 10-year-old Zahra Clare Baker alive. He says he'll move back to the family's native Australia if the girl wants to go.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/15/AR2010101503975.html

above BBM

Sure NOW he says he will do what SHE wants... pathetic POS
justwondering
Scared Monkey

« Reply #721 on: October 15, 2010, 02:31:56 PM »

As he was walking out of the house to leave, he was surrounded by media questioning him. When asked what was going on, he said, “I don’t know. Everybody knows more than me.”     Oh please

LOL, You read my mind.  Poor poor him.
It's disgusting 

Milquetoast | Define Milquetoast at Dictionary.com
a very timid, unassertive, spineless person, esp. one who is easily dominated or intimidated
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: October 15, 2010, 02:36:44 PM »

Area where the Bakers lived..

21st NW Hickory

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: October 15, 2010, 02:42:33 PM »

Area where the Bakers lived..

21st NW Hickory

WTF have they got goin on with the numbers on their roads?!?!? 
LynneinMd.
Scared Monkey

« Reply #724 on: October 15, 2010, 02:46:57 PM »

HICKORY, N.C. -- On Friday afternoon, Zahra Baker’s father, Adam Baker, was with investigators at the home where the 10-year-old girl disappeared from and for the first time in four days, Channel 9’s Dave Faherty was able to speak with him.

Faherty learned that Baker is at the home because he gave police consent to search the home and the property around the home again on Friday.

Faherty said two K-9 units were seen at the home searching behind the house in wood piles.

The dog teams also separately entered the home to search for any clues in the case. Faherty learned that these are two new K-9 units that have not been used in the investigation up to this point.

Faherty was able to confirm with one of the handlers that the dogs did not hit on anything outside the house but when asked if they hit on anything inside the house the handler said “I can’t answer that question. You are going to have to talk to police.”

Faherty said that he saw one of the investigators carrying a bag with something in it from inside the home and put it in his car.

Faherty also noticed investigators carry a mattress and box spring that were bagged from inside the home and placed in a truck that was pulled around the back of the house. That truck has since left the property.

Faherty was able to speak with Baker on camera Friday afternoon. According to Faherty, Baker wanted to thank everyone who is actively searching for his daughter.

Faherty asked Baker if he thinks his wife, Elisa Baker, is involved in the disappearance in Zahra. Baker declined to answer the question.

Faherty also asked Baker if he knew where Zahra was. Baker said “No.”

Faherty said Baker’s main point was to thank everybody who has helped in the search.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25402667/detail.html

This says that the mattress and box spring were "bagged".  Does that mean that it doesn't make any difference if the dogs were in the truck or not? Just take a poly Adam as Mark Klass suggested.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #725 on: October 15, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »

I have watched everything on Zahra on WSOCtv and I heard that the mattress and box springs and several bags of evidence were removed from the house and placed in a truck...have not seen anywhere that it was a truck that carried the dogs.  The pic of the mattress is a twin mattress, not large enough for 2 adults.

also on the attic issue...the landflord went into the attic and said that a piece of the firewall was laying on top of the insulation and that it was cracked, like maybe a child had slept on it. It was a piece of drywall and i hate to tell him that is not a firewall. That was his interpretation of how the drywall got cracked.....a child sleeping on it. They could have used the attic to hide drugs if they were dealing.

Another thing is they could use Zahra to get Medicaid, food stamps and welfare....AFDC...Aid to families with dependant children

Good Afternoon Monkeys and guest

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: October 15, 2010, 02:50:58 PM »

Investigators return to Zahra Baker's Hickory home

HICKORY, N.C. -- Investigators have returned to the home in Hickory where 10-year-old Zahra Baker was reported missing Saturday.

New cadaver dogs were at the house on 21st Avenue Northwest Friday morning.

NewsChannel 36 reporter Tony Burbeck said the dogs were searching outside and inside the house.

An investigator at the scene said the dogs did not find anything outside the house. He would not comment on whether or not the dogs found clues inside the home.

Investigators removed what appeared to be Zahra Baker's bed. Burbeck reported that investigators put the bed inside the same truck that holds the cadaver dogs.

Authorities said that Adam Baker, Zahra's father, was inside the home at the time of the search and consented to the search.

NewsChannel 36 will have more details on this developing story as information is released.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Investigators-return-to-Zahra-Bakers-Hickory-home-105036589.html

hello Northern 

what do you make of them saying nothing detected outside but no comment on the inside ??(my summary of the sentance)

They are not done searching yet inside by the sounds of it.  The video said they took out something and then the bed.  If the bed had evidence I do not think it would have been placed in the same truck that holds the cadaver dogs. 

Hi, all.  This may be far fetched, and I am not that familiar with searching dogs, but remember in the Kyron case when the parents wouldn't allow Harry Oaks to search, people on the forum kept saying that if they would give Harry a part of Kyron's mattress, his dogs would have enough of Kyron's scent to find him?  Do you think they are putting the dogs and mattress in the same truck so that the dogs will have more of this sweet little girls scent to go searching?

But, did they not say the mattress had been wrapped up in plastic or something a few posts back????  Would that not block the scent?

It's possible it was wrapped from the move, or was wrapped by the police as to not disturb evidence.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: October 15, 2010, 02:54:06 PM »

- The father of a missing North Carolina girl who is presumed dead says he is cooperating with police searching for his daughter and unsure of his wife's possible involvement in the case.

Adam Baker told The Associated Press on Friday he still hopes to find 10-year-old Zahra Clare Baker alive. He says he'll move back to the family's native Australia if the girl wants to go.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/15/AR2010101503975.html

above BBM

WTH, AB says he hopes that his daughter is found alive
yet they get,a death scent on the cars,and the mulcher
all his property and property AB uses, he thinks what?
someone else died, in his cars and a mulcher he uses

and he is unsure of his wife's possible involvement in the case.
come on now AB, she admited to writing the ransom note, why
would she do that AB, if she was not involved

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #728 on: October 15, 2010, 03:01:45 PM »

above BBM

WTH, AB says he hopes that his daughter is found alive
yet they get,a death scent on the cars,and the mulcher
all his property and property AB uses, he thinks what?
someone else died, in his cars and a mulcher he uses

and he is unsure of his wife's possible involvement in the case.
come on now AB, she admited to writing the ransom note, why
would she do that AB, if she was not involved

They have ruled out the woodchipper hits

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment in an area where Baker's father once worked, but detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.
http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/631503/crews-come-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #729 on: October 15, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »

Investigators return to Zahra Baker's Hickory home

HICKORY, N.C. -- Investigators have returned to the home in Hickory where 10-year-old Zahra Baker was reported missing Saturday.

New cadaver dogs were at the house on 21st Avenue Northwest Friday morning.

NewsChannel 36 reporter Tony Burbeck said the dogs were searching outside and inside the house.

An investigator at the scene said the dogs did not find anything outside the house. He would not comment on whether or not the dogs found clues inside the home.

Investigators removed what appeared to be Zahra Baker's bed. Burbeck reported that investigators put the bed inside the same truck that holds the cadaver dogs.

Authorities said that Adam Baker, Zahra's father, was inside the home at the time of the search and consented to the search.

NewsChannel 36 will have more details on this developing story as information is released.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Investigators-return-to-Zahra-Bakers-Hickory-home-105036589.html

hello Northern 

what do you make of them saying nothing detected outside but no comment on the inside ??(my summary of the sentance)

They are not done searching yet inside by the sounds of it.  The video said they took out something and then the bed.  If the bed had evidence I do not think it would have been placed in the same truck that holds the cadaver dogs. 

Hi, all.  This may be far fetched, and I am not that familiar with searching dogs, but remember in the Kyron case when the parents wouldn't allow Harry Oaks to search, people on the forum kept saying that if they would give Harry a part of Kyron's mattress, his dogs would have enough of Kyron's scent to find him?  Do you think they are putting the dogs and mattress in the same truck so that the dogs will have more of this sweet little girls scent to go searching?

But, did they not say the mattress had been wrapped up in plastic or something a few posts back????  Would that not block the scent?

It's possible it was wrapped from the move, or was wrapped by the police as to not disturb evidence.

It was wrapped by police as not to disturb evidence. They removed a box springs and bed frame to, it was also bagged or wrapped in plastic.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #730 on: October 15, 2010, 03:04:10 PM »

I have watched everything on Zahra on WSOCtv and I heard that the mattress and box springs and several bags of evidence were removed from the house and placed in a truck...have not seen anywhere that it was a truck that carried the dogs.  The pic of the mattress is a twin mattress, not large enough for 2 adults.

also on the attic issue...the landflord went into the attic and said that a piece of the firewall was laying on top of the insulation and that it was cracked, like maybe a child had slept on it. It was a piece of drywall and i hate to tell him that is not a firewall. That was his interpretation of how the drywall got cracked.....a child sleeping on it. They could have used the attic to hide drugs if they were dealing.

Another thing is they could use Zahra to get Medicaid, food stamps and welfare....AFDC...Aid to families with dependant children

What would be a firewall in an attic? Could the drywall have just fallen off? And it sure would be a good place to hide drugs.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: October 15, 2010, 03:24:10 PM »

Hey Darla,

Depending on how that hatch opened up in the attic, it could have been used to climb into the neigbors apt also.

Something else I just thought of was that if Zahra was up in the attic and fell climbing back down and broke her neck or her back.  If she was locked in her room for long periods, no one may have noticed the banging sound and, if she was hurt, could have died from some accidental trauma.

Then, Thing 1 and Thing 2 disposed of her body.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #732 on: October 15, 2010, 03:29:23 PM »

Police take furniture, evidence from Hickory house where Zahra lived

GMTA! Smile

yes   

Still can't figure out what they did with the leg.  I wondered if they would dispose of it with the child or separately?  Daddy knows lots more than he is saying.  If I was his mom, I would be on the first flight over here and my son would tell me where my granddaughter was!!!
I hate to even say this but I have thought perhaps it was her leg they put through the chipper.  If Zahara is lying deceased somewhere or buried eventually she decomposes but the prosthetic would not.  It is terribly painful to even type or think this. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #733 on: October 15, 2010, 03:29:29 PM »

Pink Angel~

I also meant to add contaminate evidence.

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: October 15, 2010, 03:34:08 PM »

What would be a firewall in an attic? Could the drywall have just fallen off? And it sure would be a good place to hide drugs.

Hey Darla,

Depending on how that hatch opened up in the attic, it could have been used to climb into the neigbors apt also.

Something else I just thought of was that if Zahra was up in the attic and fell climbing back down and broke her neck or her back.  If she was locked in her room for long periods, no one may have noticed the banging sound and, if she was hurt, could have died from some accidental trauma.

Then, Thing 1 and Thing 2 disposed of her body.

When was the family living in the house with an attic ?....sorry I missed the time on that

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #735 on: October 15, 2010, 03:44:11 PM »

MK a firewall is fire and heat resistant....to keep the fire from going from one appt to the other....Drywall is definitely not fireproof. I don't know when they lived in the apt complex but the manager said they only saw Zahra one time and that was the day they moved in.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: October 15, 2010, 03:44:24 PM »

When the Baker family first moved into the apartments on Congress Street in July 2009, Shirley Mims had been the manager for only a short time.
It didn’t take her long to become better acquainted with Elisa and Adam Baker, who were in the apartment next door to Shirley and her husband, Darrell.
“They fought verbally and physically with each other. You could hear it through the walls,” Shirley said. “They’d even take it out into the parking lot.”
It was so bad one time that it knocked the pictures off the wall the Mims shared with the Bakers, Shirley said.
She said the couple began fighting about three weeks after they moved into the apartment.
As for the now-missing Zahra Clare Baker, Shirley didn’t even know the couple had a daughter.
“We saw the little girl when they moved in, but we didn’t see her no more after that,” she said. “When I saw the little girl, I assumed it was a grandchild or a visitor, because I never saw her again.”
Zahra, 10, was first reported missing at 2 p.m. Saturday, although Hickory police suspect she may have been missing longer than that. No one other than family has seen Zahra in a month.
On Sunday, Zahra’s stepmother, Elisa, 42, was arrested on unrelated charges to Zahra’s disappearance. Hickory police interviewed Elisa on Tuesday, and she admitted writing the ransom note found on one of the Bakers’ car, demanding $1 million. She has since been arrested for obstruction of justice and had her first court appearance on the charge. Officers are still searching for Zahra.
The Bakers lived in the apartment on Congress Street until early November 2009, when Shirley asked them to move out because of their fighting.
“In one-and-a-half days, they were gone,” Shirley said. “I got the impression they didn’t want the police here.”
When Shirley and Darrell went into the Bakers’ apartment after they left, they were surprised by what they found. One of the doors to a closet had been removed. That closet provides access to the attic — an attic where you can’t store anything, it just contains blown insulation for the two-story apartments.
When the Mims were watching the news this week, they recognized their former tenants. They were also surprised to learn they had a daughter.
They’re now wondering if maybe Zahra was in the attic
“We don’t know for sure, but we think they kept her in the attic,” Darrell said. “There were black shoe sole prints all around the inside (of the door frame). The door to the cubby hole was taken off.”
The Mims still haven’t found the door to the closet, and aren’t sure what the Bakers did with it.
Darrell said for several months — during the time the Bakers lived next door — it sounded as if squirrels were in the attic.
“All the noises I heard in the attic must have been her, but I never heard them again after they left,” Shirley said. “I can’t prove that’s what it was, but in my heart, that’s what I believe.”
When Darrell went up to the attic to look, he saw a section of the firewall that divides the two apartments was pulled down and was on top some of the boards and insulation. It was cracked in a few places.
“It looked as though a child had gone to sleep on it,” Darrell said.
To get into the attic, you would have to go into the closet, pop out the part of the ceiling covering the hole to the attic, lift yourself up to the 8-foot ceiling and crawl inside. Once inside the ceiling, which is covered with insulation, the area above each apartment is about 20 feet-by-20 feet, and about 4-and-a-half feet tall at its highest point.
Shirley said Elisa and Adam Baker were not the only two in the family who concealed information about a child in the house. Shirley used to work with a relative of Elisa’s.
“Not one time did she mention there was a girl here,” Shirley said. “She would talk about Elisa, but not mention a girl.”
She said if she had any idea a child was in that apartment, she would have called for help.
“If I had known for one minute the little girl was there, I wouldn’t have stopped until Social Services was there,” Shirley said.
Now, the Mims are left to wonder what happened to Zahra.
“I just pray for her,” Shirley said. “She’s such a beautiful little girl.”

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/14/11/neighbors-wonder-if-zahra-kept-attic-ar-458767/

2 pics of the attic crawlspace @ the link if someone can save them and bring them over. Thanks in advance.

here was the article MyMonkey

NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #737 on: October 15, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »

GMTA! Smile

yes   

Still can't figure out what they did with the leg.  I wondered if they would dispose of it with the child or separately?  Daddy knows lots more than he is saying.  If I was his mom, I would be on the first flight over here and my son would tell me where my granddaughter was!!!
I hate to even say this but I have thought perhaps it was her leg they put through the chipper.  If Zahara is lying deceased somewhere or buried eventually she decomposes but the prosthetic would not.  It is terribly painful to even type or think this. 

I thought i read back that the leg was made of titanium, which is a very hard metal, and would be impossible to run through a chipper/mulcher...as it would most likely tear up the machine.

NCSunny

mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #738 on: October 15, 2010, 03:53:46 PM »

GMTA! Smile

yes   

I thought i read back that the leg was made of titanium, which is a very hard metal, and would be impossible to run through a chipper/mulcher...as it would most likely tear up the machine.

I believe you are right because titanium would tear up the chipper.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #739 on: October 15, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »

They lived in the apartment w/the attic the end of 09.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.