April 28, 2024, 09:22:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #2 10/13/10 - 10/16/10  (Read 197662 times)
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #880 on: October 16, 2010, 09:08:30 AM »

Thank you to all who do such amazing research for the articles and information.
One of the pieces I read said something about Zahra running away and hiding.  Reading that gave me a glorious moment of hope.
I know that is probably not the case.

Nascar is racing in Charlotte this weekend; home for many of the teams. 
I emailed Speedway Charities and a couple of teams w/ regard to Zahra and am hoping they may offer a reward for new info leading to some resolution.
Since Zahra was a recipient of new hearing aids through them I am hoping one of the Nascar Family will take the initiative to become involved.
I wish I had an 'in' so I could get to the right people.  I don't.

Tol
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: October 16, 2010, 09:22:25 AM »

Klaas " oh no" she is wearing a CBB t-shirt .......  I have to laugh, or else I will cry.

She is a beast this One " Elisa" ... 

My Add, she doesn't look like Betty Crocker or a Babysitter -
 Let alone a Mama who would incorporate someone else's child into her life as her own. All is my opinion, based upon what has been said, what I have read and what I See in this photo.   silent

she reminded me of one of those folks in the  People of Walmart videos on UTube  at first glance..
no offense to Walmart shoppers...I am one too...but I have yet to be featured in one of their videos lol...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: October 16, 2010, 09:34:19 AM »

One of the pieces I read said something about Zahra running away and hiding.  Reading that gave me a glorious moment of hope.

I emailed Speedway Charities and a couple of teams w/ regard to Zahra and am hoping they may offer a reward for new info leading to some resolution.
Since Zahra was a recipient of new hearing aids through them I am hoping one of the Nascar Family will take the initiative to become involved.

Tol

what an awesome idea T!! hubs will be watching Nascar this weekend...we are staying home tonight so that he can watch a race..tee hee! I don't mind..it's all good

thanks everyone for the interesting and informative articles and info on Z....

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: October 16, 2010, 09:37:54 AM »

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: October 16, 2010, 09:42:36 AM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/16/1765115/missing-girls-father-says-he-believes.html

Missing girl's father says he believes she's alive
Stepmother's attorney confirms DSS received allegations Zahra Baker had been abused.

By Mitch Weiss
Associated Press
Posted: Saturday, Oct. 16, 2010

HICKORY The father of a missing 10-year-old said Friday he believes his daughter is still alive and that he's cooperating with police who have been searching for her for a week.

Authorities returned to search the Bakers' home Friday, and this time removed a bed and bags of possible evidence that might help explain what happened to Zahra Baker.

Adam Baker insisted he had nothing to do with his daughter's disappearance. But he again told reporters he is unsure whether his wife - Zahra's stepmother Elisa Baker - was involved.

Adam Baker said he wants to return Zahra to her native Australia if she wants to go.

"I want to find her and take her home," he told The Associated Press by phone.

Also Friday, Elisa Baker's attorney Scott Reilly confirmed to the ******* that the Department of Social Services had received and investigated allegations that Zahra had been abused. But investigators, he said, did not substantiate complaints against his client.

Reilly declined to discuss the allegations but said some people have "embellished, exaggerated or made up" stories of abuse.

Family and acquaintances have repeatedly said they saw Zahra with black eyes and bruises. They have also said they reported suspected abuse to DSS on several occasions.

Caldwell County DSS officials issued a statement Friday saying they could not by law discuss whether they were involved with the family.

The Bakers reported Zahra missing on Oct. 9. They said they had last seen the girl - who used hearing aids and a prosthetic leg because of bone cancer - in her bed at their home in Hickory, about 50 miles northwest of Charlotte.

But police suspect the girl is dead and are calling the case a homicide.

Investigators have said that Zahra might have been alive when the family moved into their Hickory home in mid-September, but they've had trouble finding anyone else who has seen her in recent weeks.

Baker said Friday he hasn't spoken with his wife and remains unsure if she had anything to do with his daughter's disappearance.

"Maybe," Baker told AP. "I'm still trying to figure it all out."

Elisa Baker, 42, has been jailed, charged with obstruction of justice after police say she tried to throw them off with a fake ransom note. She also faces charges unrelated to the case. Her attorney, Reilly, says she is "scared to death" and very emotional.

Also Friday, Burke County investigators said they were satisfied the girl's body is not on a wooded lot where tree service equipment, including a wood chipper, was being kept. Adam Baker has worked for the tree trimming company that uses the site.

Baker said the ordeal has worn on him.

"But the last thing I'm worried about is myself," he said. "I just want to find her."

He would not comment on allegations that his wife abused Zahra, who never showed up to start fifth grade this fall at Hudson Elementary, where teachers remember her as a warm, caring child. Elisa Baker said she was going to home-school the girl.

"This whole thing is just so tragic," said Caldwell County school district spokeswoman Libby Brown. Last year, Brown said, Zahra and a friend picked up litter around the school and later told the principal they were going to start an environmental club in the fall.

"They were so thrilled about it. They were so enthused. They wanted to do something to beautify the school," Brown said.

Then Zahra told the principal he should head up the club because he would "be a great president."

But the girl's home life was less than happy, according to friends and neighbors who said in interviews with the AP and court records that Elisa Baker had a short temper and hit Zahra.

Former neighbor Kayla Rotenberry said Elisa Baker told her the Caldwell County DSS investigated the family because Zahra went to school with bruises and a teacher alerted school officials.

Brown said Friday that while she couldn't comment on specifics, teachers tried to help Zahra. "The school personnel did not drop the ball on Zahra," she said. "And they made all the contacts needed for all the available resources for her well-being. I can say that with confidence."

Meanwhile, friends anxiously awaited word in Australia, where Zahra lived with Adam Baker until he met his wife online and moved to North Carolina, where she was raised.

"This has really hit us hard," Kim Wright, 44, a close friend of the family, said in a phone interview from Giru, Australia. "We just want her to come home."
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #885 on: October 16, 2010, 09:46:27 AM »

Tol

what an awesome idea T!! hubs will be watching Nascar this weekend...we are staying home tonight so that he can watch a race..tee hee! I don't mind..it's all good

thanks everyone for the interesting and informative articles and info on Z....

Very good idea, Tolerance!

That's what's so great, it takes all kinds of people with different ideas to make things happen.  Since Zahra's been sponsored by them before, they may grasp the opportunity to do what they can for her now.  Hopefully, your efforts will be
successful.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: October 16, 2010, 09:52:35 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #887 on: October 16, 2010, 10:18:31 AM »

Goodmorning, MuffyBee!

I can't believe we are going into a third thread on this case. 

We know Elisa isn't right in her head- either from drugs or whatever.

Looking at things on the surface, we understand Elisa wrote the ransom note to implicate AB's boss, the homeowner, to make it look like someone had it in for Coffey and erroneously took Zahra, instead of Coffey's daughter. 

In that note, she also states Coffey's "red headed pot smoking son".   I don't know what the relationship Elisa had with Coffey's son, but for some reason, she decided to specifically implicate him in this note.  Sure, at first it's meant as a threat that he's next to be taken. 

Since drug abuse has been alleged by friends of the family and family members, Elisa writes Coffey's son is a pot smoker. 

>What is Elisa's relationship to this "red headed pot smoking" son of Coffey's?

>How would Elisa know this as fact to claim this in the ransom note?

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #888 on: October 16, 2010, 10:20:39 AM »

The best liars stories are sprinkled with bits of truth.

pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #889 on: October 16, 2010, 10:53:53 AM »

Goodmorning, MuffyBee!

Looking at things on the surface, we understand Elisa wrote the ransom note to implicate AB's boss, the homeowner, to make it look like someone had it in for Coffey and erroneously took Zahra, instead of Coffey's daughter. 

In that note, she also states Coffey's "red headed pot smoking son".   I don't know what the relationship Elisa had with Coffey's son, but for some reason, she decided to specifically implicate him in this note.  Sure, at first it's meant as a threat that he's next to be taken. 

Since drug abuse has been alleged by friends of the family and family members, Elisa writes Coffey's son is a pot smoker. 

It was said in one of the very first articles that came out that Mr. Coffey didn't even have a son. That was 3 cages ago and I'm not sure how to find it.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #890 on: October 16, 2010, 10:59:35 AM »

Goodmorning, MuffyBee!

Warrants: Ransom note found at missing girl's home

HICKORY, N.C. -- A ransom note and indications of human remains were found at the home of a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl, according to a search warrant obtained by News 14 Carolina on Monday.

A fire was reported at the Baker family home around 5:30 a.m. Saturday. During the investigation, police found the note on one of the cars someone tried to set on fire. The note said, ”Mr Coffey, you like being in control now who is in control. We have your daughter and your pot smoking red head son is next unless you do what is asked. One million unmarked will be in touch soon.”

Mr Coffey owns the home the Bakers live in and he doesn't have a son. Police would not answer questions about that note.

Police seized two cars from the home and K9s gave a positive alert for the presence of human remains.

Zahra Baker was reported missing around 2 p.m.

Hickory police chief Tom Adkins would not confirm if they believed Baker was still alive. He continued to say they need to establish a timeline and he said was it was a race against the clock right now.

Anyone who has known Baker, including doctors, teachers and friends, is asked to call the Hickory Police Department at (828) 328-5551.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/local_news/charlotte/631366/warrants--ransom-note-found-at-missing-girl-s-home

Thank you Google! LOL

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: October 16, 2010, 11:44:17 AM »

Goodmorning, MuffyBee!

It was said in one of the very first articles that came out that Mr. Coffey didn't even have a son. That was 3 cages ago and I'm not sure how to find it.

<snipped>

JOHN MILLER, "HICKORY DAILY RECORD": The ransom note was directed toward a person by the name of Mr. Coffey and -- who was the owner of the house that the Bakers were living in. And the red-headed boy, red-headed son, was the son of Mr. Coffey. And so the ransom note was a bit confusing, and that`s one reason that I think that investigators...

CASAREZ: But I didn`t think Mr. Coffey...

MILLER: ... are suspicious of the note...

CASAREZ: ... had a son!

MILLER: He did.

CASAREZ: Mr. Coffey had a daughter.

MILLER: He has a son and a daughter.

CASAREZ: A son and a daughter.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/15/ng.01.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: October 16, 2010, 11:47:13 AM »

Search For Zahra To Continue This Weekend (video)

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25409490/
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: October 16, 2010, 11:54:32 AM »

I was trying to find something to dispute the post by Pfaubush (How are you, P, long time no see!) as I was aware of Coffey having a daughter AND a son.

Also, it's been reported Coffey was at the home of the Bakers the day Zahra disappeared.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: October 16, 2010, 11:55:45 AM »

Search For Zahra To Continue This Weekend (video)

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25409490/

Memorial begun at her house.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: October 16, 2010, 12:07:27 PM »

Former landlords believe Zahra Baker was kept in attic (with video)

HICKORY, N.C. – She was reported missing nearly a week ago but there's still not a break in the disappearance of Zahra Baker.

Friday, police returned to the Bakers home in Hickory and investigators were seen hauling off a mattress. Adam Baker was at the house during the search but left with police.

Stuffed animals, flowers and candles are starting to pile up in front of the home.

Zahra's step mother, Elisa, remains in jail on obstruction of justice charges.

While no new information is emerging in the case, more people are speaking out about their connection to the family.

Before they moved to their home in Hickory, Elisa Baker, her husband and missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker lived in an apartment complex in Granite Falls. Their neighbors now look back at that time, filled with regret.

Shirley and Darrell Mims are the managers of the complex. They say, in the four months the family lived at their building during in 2009, they saw Zahra just once.

“The first or second day when they moved in is the only time i saw her,” said Darrell Mims.

The Mims say they kicked the Bakers out of the apartment after their arguing became unbearable. After the family moved out, Darrell Mims says he went into the attic, which isn’t easy to get to inside of a closet.

Mims says he found pieces of the wall and insulation lying across the rafters and a bed sheet nearby. He and his wife now think Zahra was locked up there and that’s where she slept.

“It blows my mind to think that they were putting that child up there,” said Darrell Mims.

Darrell Mims has trouble finding the words to describe how awful he feels. His wife has trouble holding back tears.

“I can’t imagine a parent doing anything to hurt their child. It’s just… I can’t imagine that,” he said.

Now filled with the guilt she didn’t act sooner, Shirley Mims is doing everything she can to help investigators find Zahra.

“She needs to be found. She needs to be at rest,” she said.

In retrospect, the Mims say they did hear rustling sounds from the attic when the Bakers lived in the apartment but they just assumed it was animals.

Stay with News 14 Carolina and news14.com for the latest on the Zahra Baker case.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/631560/former-landlords-believe-zahra-baker-was-kept-in-attic
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: October 16, 2010, 12:17:24 PM »

Video on the right.  Neighbours from trailer park said they saw the parents come back after dark 3 weeks ago. 

http://www.wbtv.com/global/category.asp?c=197806
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #897 on: October 16, 2010, 12:21:29 PM »

Video on the right.  Neighbours from trailer park said they saw the parents come back after dark 3 weeks ago. 

This just came out now? If I had seen this, I would have went right away to the police. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #898 on: October 16, 2010, 12:23:37 PM »

This just came out now? If I had seen this, I would have went right away to the police. 
I'm sorry, what I meant to say is as soon as I turned on the news and saw that Zahra was missing, I would have called the police immediately and told them what I had seen. Wonder if the police will go back and do more searching, there is so much woods around that trailer 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: October 16, 2010, 12:31:31 PM »

Video on the right.  Neighbours from trailer park said they saw the parents come back after dark 3 weeks ago.  

I added this video to photobucket.  Click on the picture below to watch the video.  Kind of visually goofy but you can hear it fine  :

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.