May 28, 2024, 12:19:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #2 10/13/10 - 10/16/10  (Read 199380 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2010, 01:38:22 PM »

remember the pic, of what looks like a blue tarp, in the wood
wonder if it was used to haul the mulch in the truck, and they
took it back to those wood thinking no one would look there

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/local_news/charlotte/631393/case-of-missing-girl-turns-into-homicide-investigation

link where gothmom's father insinuates she was on drugs.  gothmom's maiden name appears to be fairchild based on father's name.
Just the insane ransom note and the fire in their yard was enough for me to see what bad drugs they were on. And the picture of Elisa getting into the police car, and the belligerent look on her face.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2010, 01:41:16 PM »

Missing girl's stepmom has first court appearance

HICKORY --
As Elisa Baker walked into the courtroom in her bubblegum pink jail-issued uniform, she looked down at the floor, her dark brown hair hiding her face from those seated in the gallery. Her hands and feet clinked in the handcuffs and shackles.

The Catawba County Sheriff’s Office brought in additional detectives and deputies for security prior to Baker coming into the courtroom.

Baker is the stepmother to Zahra Clare Baker, 10. Zahra was first reported missing at 2 p.m. Saturday, although Hickory police suspect she may have been missing longer than that. No one other than family has seen Zahra in more than a month.

On Sunday, Baker was arrested on nine unrelated charges to Zahra. Hickory police went to the Catawba County jail on Tuesday and interviewed Baker, where she admitted writing the ransom note found on one of the Bakers’ car, demanding $1 million. An arrest warrant was taken out for obstruction of justice.

When she appeared Thursday morning before Judge Greg Hayes for a first appearance on this charge, Baker kept her lips pursed much of the time, looking meek and timid.

Hayes told Baker the charge of common law obstruction of justice, a class H felony, carries with it a maximum of 30 months in jail, and asked if she understood it. She quietly said yes.

Baker had with her two attorneys — Scott Reilly, who was court-appointed for the obstruction of justice charge, and Jared Amos, who was appointed for the larceny by employee charge in Burke County.

Reilly said he planned to file a motion for bond reduction.

“Forty thousand (dollars) is in far excess for this charge,” he said.

Reilly said he would like the bond to be set closer to the $10,000 guideline for an obstruction of justice charge. He hopes the bond reduction hearing will be set as early as Monday.

Baker’s total bond is set at $72,200. This includes the obstruction of justice charge, as well as the previous charges of larceny by employee, four counts of communicating threats, four counts of driving while license is revoked, six counts of worthless checks, unsafe tires, operating a vehicle with no insurance and fictitious or revoked registration/tag.

“She’s scared to death,” Reilly said. “She’s emotional.”

He said he can’t talk about what Baker has said about Zahra.

“She’s upset with being in jail and away from her family,” Reilly said.

District Attorney Jay Gaither called the Zahra case one that has demanded the community’s utmost attention.

“This is a high priority for law enforcement and it will be a high priority for the district attorney’s office when we get it,” he said.

Gaither said it’s been emotionally straining on the community, particularly because the photos of Zahra have tugged at people’s hearts.

“The smile of Zahra sticks out,” he said. “She’s such a darling child. We fear the worst, but hope for the best.”

Baker’s probable cause hearing is set for Nov. 3.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/13/missing-girls-stepmom-has-first-court-appearance-ar-454588/
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2010, 01:41:36 PM »

Her sisters, Sherry Fairchild and Vicky Baird, both said Elisa Baker often complained about fake illnesses she and her children suffered.

"She's a pathological liar and a hypochondriac," Fairchild said.

The MySpace page that shows Elisa Baker as posting blog items and photos includes one post claiming that she had been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer three times and is suffering from an unidentified debilitating disease.

Baker once showed up at her father's house with an unbelievable story, says Fairchild.

"She brought her daughter around in a wheelchair saying she had leukemia," Fairchild said, and that the girl was dying. But she never got sick, Fairchild said.

Court records show Elisa Baker has been charged with some two dozen criminal offenses since the early 1990s, most of them cases of worthless checks. She has been convicted seven times of passing worthless checks.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/13/1758012/missing-girl-now-believed-to-be.html#ixzz12GHVNRb5

Looks like we have Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSP), a type of factitious disorder, is a mental illness in which a person acts as if an individual he or she is caring for has a physical or mental illness when the person is not really sick. People with MSP assume the role of a sick person indirectly by producing or lying about illness in another person under their care, usually a child under 6 years of age. However, cases have been reported of adult victims of MSP. (The term "by proxy" means "through a substitute.") 

Her family is already setting this mental illness up with this type of reporting.  Sadly, she latched onto a man with a sick child.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2010, 01:42:42 PM »

Makes me sick just thinking/typing that.
I never even thought about that, I was figuring they would find Zahra in the piles of mulch there, and didn't think about the mulch being used already.

when i heard about the chippers, my brain went straight to that idea, then i had to get off
wonder if 21 21ave nw has new mulch, or maybe mr coffey yard

hit it to soon forgot to add the brush fire too, burning the mulch
OMG, but if they were burning the mulch, would there not be a bad smell?

I would think so NoRose, my question is as others have said in the last few posts..

If Adam Baker is aware and knows that the chipper was used, and this was wks ago ..
He could have had that " Mulch" to his own access and used on jobs/ or took it and spread it through out the county ( so so sick)

Then to start the fire, knowing that DSS was coming again for a follow up visit. That he/scumbag wife were trying to get rid of any evidence left behind. That they thought a fire would be a way of covering their axxes. The only thing is " Fire" as in started with gasoline is not hot enough to burn remains. Not of a body anyway, not sure about " other" I can't even type it. Shattered remains.

That has been proven by other murder cases, when some one attempts to burn a body - It doesn't work. 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2010, 01:43:36 PM »

Thank-you Novella for that article. And thanks about the mulch and if it would smell or not, just don't know about these things 
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »

Bentley claimed Baker had a Taser and claimed she had a gun in her car.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/13/1758012/missing-girl-now-believed-to-be.html#ixzz12GJCO4Er
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2010, 01:46:03 PM »

Deenie but if you put a body in a wood chipper and use as mulch and start the mulch on fire are you saying there would be bone fragments found in the fire? Can't even believe this has to be discussed 
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »

I would like to address the homeschooling issue that so many have been bringing up. Yes, I believe that Elisa homeschooled Zahra in an effort to cover abuse. HOWEVER, this does not mean that all homeschooling parents are abusive. There were a couple of comments in the last thread that almost made it sound like that is the only reason to homeschool. There is a stereotype that homeschooled children aren't socialized and never leave the house. This case doesn't help that any. As homeschooled kids, my girls participate in 4H, AWANA, field trips, the church, zoo school, the grange, sports, and many other activities. Please don't assume that because a child is educated at home that they are a victim of something sinister.

I too home school.  I have many reasons and honestly love it.  With church, CCD classes, dance, fencing, swimming, etc, they are not only well socialized, they are seen ( or heard ; boys can be loud ) several times a day.  But I do understand the fears and concerns of others.  Having worked for CPS I know how a child can be isolated and abused / neglected.  Thank you for adding your voice.

Terri

I have to say that it is hard to hear this sweet child described as home schooled.  She was not home schooled at all.  She was abused, and murdered.  I have invested my life in home schooling my children, most of the 12 of them(some who came home on airplanes).  I know this girl is now home in heaven with those that love her not with an earthly family that turned their back on the blessing of Zahra that they were given.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2010, 01:49:55 PM »

Hickory PD is posting updates on their site.

Recent News
•10/12/2010
Hickory police continue to work diligently on Zahra Baker disappearance 10.12.2010 at 10 a.m. update
10/12/2010 10:00 am UPDATE: Hickory Police will not be providing a written update at this time. Chief Adkins will have a media briefing at Police Headquarters in the Multi-purpose Training Room at 1...
•10/11/2010
Hickory police search for 10-year-old Zahra Clare Baker 10.10.10 at 11:30 a.m.
10/10/2010 1130 am On 10/09/2010, Hickory Police Officers responded to 21 21 st Ave. NW, Hickory, NC in reference to a missing child. Zahra Clare Baker (10 years old) was reported missing from her r...
•10/11/2010
Hickory police are working several leads in missing girl case update from 10.11.10 at 10:30 a.m.
10/11/2010 10:30am UPDATE: Hickory Police investigators are working several leads, specifically addressing Zahra's life before she disappeared. Investigators will be interviewing her former teachers...

http://www.hickorygov.com/department/?fDD=16-0
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2010, 01:51:01 PM »

I wonder if they were collecting any money for Zahra's disability?  Maybe Zahra had pain meds, as well, amputees usually feel phantom pain, which would explain an easy supply of pain meds for goth mom.

"Elisa Baker was also using drugs, specifically pain medication, Baird said. A search warrant says police discovered drug paraphernalia at their Hickory home, but doesn't specify what kind."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/13/1758012/missing-girl-now-believed-to-be.html#ixzz12GKgnYEi
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »

remember the pic, of what looks like a blue tarp, in the wood
wonder if it was used to haul the mulch in the truck, and they
took it back to those wood thinking no one would look there

I seriously doubt Zahra was with them when they moved into their current residence. JMO.

The mobile home where that tarp pic was taken was their last residence, I believe.

It remains available for rent to this day.

I do hope that residence and grounds have been searched.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2010, 01:53:14 PM »

Deenie but if you put a body in a wood chipper and use as mulch and start the mulch on fire are you saying there would be bone fragments found in the fire? Can't even believe this has to be discussed 
Even with a cremation there are remains, not ashes as commonly believed.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2010, 01:53:25 PM »

hey everyone how are you today? i have a ? will the fbi or who ever take the wood chippers apart to look for evidence? i havent seen any talk about that..i was thinking that would be a pretty good idea..if i remember right,there is 2 wood chippers that the dogs hit on,,if so imo they should not saying that they are not,,but i think they should take the machines apart..how do you guys feel about that??

They would if they felt the need to. I doubt that they will however.
just my opinion.

What if they mulched her and that mulch was used on assorted landscapping jobs?

I thought about that too.  It would have a horrid smell..but if it was mixed through several piles of mulch no one might notice.  Mulch sometimes has it's own nasty smell.  Just disgusting.    This whole case is just disgusting..because no one with any morals could participate in hurting, let alone kill, a child or person with disabilities.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2010, 01:54:39 PM »

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/local_news/charlotte/631393/case-of-missing-girl-turns-into-homicide-investigation

link where gothmom's father insinuates she was on drugs.  gothmom's maiden name appears to be fairchild based on father's name.
Just the insane ransom note and the fire in their yard was enough for me to see what bad drugs they were on. And the picture of Elisa getting into the police car, and the belligerent look on her face.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »

I wonder if they were collecting any money for Zahra's disability?  Maybe Zahra had pain meds, as well, amputees usually feel phantom pain, which would explain an easy supply of pain meds for goth mom.

"Elisa Baker was also using drugs, specifically pain medication, Baird said. A search warrant says police discovered drug paraphernalia at their Hickory home, but doesn't specify what kind."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/13/1758012/missing-girl-now-believed-to-be.html#ixzz12GKgnYEi
That is what I wondered, I can just see Elisa gobbling that child's pain pills 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »

Even with a cremation there are remains, not ashes as commonly believed.
Thank-you
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2010, 01:55:52 PM »

If you watch that video with the father...I just noticed this...He says, "Everything else is just bits and pieces" in reference to his timeline...I wish there was a vomit avatar...
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2010, 01:56:21 PM »

Thanks, just look at that drugged belligerent face 
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2010, 02:00:35 PM »

And many of the pain meds you might give a child who has endured bon cancer and two buots of lung cancer could be highly additive.  I bet everytime that little Zahra was taken to the docs the Gothmother asked for pain meds for her.   

Gothmom should have the DT's by now..unless the jail medicates her and I hope they don't.  She deserves to be seeing things, hearing things, feeling like bugs are crawling under her skin..yeah..she deserves atleast that and so much more.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.