April 27, 2024, 12:08:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wellington ohio woman missing 10/6/10: 38-year-old Gwen Wright(Safe)  (Read 9249 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« on: October 09, 2010, 01:04:57 PM »

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2010/10/09/news/mj3455444.txt

Wellington woman missing: 38-year-old gone after Wednesday trip to Oberlin Walmart
Published: Saturday, October 09, 2010
By FREDDY HUNT AND TAYLOR DUNGJEN
news@MorningJournal.com

WELLINGTON — Duane Wright hasn’t stopped calling or sending text messages to his wife’s cell phone since she went missing Wednesday.

Gwen Wright, 38, of Wellington, last talked to her husband at 10:05 p.m. Wednesday. She was on her way to buy batteries for a dog collar and rent a movie from the Red Box at the Oberlin Walmart on U.S. 20. Duane Wright, 30, who was on his way home from work, wanted to tell her to watch out for deer in the road.

“I called her and told her to watch out for deer when you’re out running (errands),” Duane Wright said. “She kind of giggled at me and said, ‘You’re too cute,’ so I asked why and she said ‘You’re worried about me.’ So, I said, ‘Well, of course I am.’ That’s the last I talked to her.”

Gwen Wright, a diabetic, does not have her medication with her, Duane Wright said.

Although Gwen Wright used her ATM card at 1:37 p.m. Thursday to make a $500 withdrawal at a Mt. Vernon shopping center, it’s what happened at Walmart that has Duane Wright puzzled.

Surveillance footage showed Gwen Wright entering the Walmart at 11:39 p.m., renting a movie at the Red Box and leaving the store at 11:48 p.m. and placing a package into her car. At 11:54 p.m., Gwen Wright went back to the Walmart and entered the restroom, got a drink of water and then left the store. Footage shows her leaving the parking lot, headed east on U.S. 20.

Duane Wright said he saw the surveillance photo of Gwen Wright in the parking lot.

“You couldn’t see in the car at all, it was black, but the look on her face was just sheer terror for herself,” Duane Wright said. “It’s scary. When we saw the picture, it was gut wrenching. We all said instantly, ‘Yeah, that’s her, but my God she doesn’t look like her.’” Duane Wright suspects someone might have been in the car, holding Gwen against her will.

Duane Wright said his wife left cherished and important things at the home — such as a stuffed animal her father, who passed away seven months ago, had given her — indicating, to him, that she was planning on coming home.

Before she went missing, Gwen Wright was planning a birthday weekend for her mother. She was planning on taking her to do “girly things.” She was also making plans for Thanksgiving and she just celebrated her birthday Sept. 25, her husband of three years said.

Duane Wright said he’s trying to do everything he can to “feel like he’s doing something.” His wife, he said, is the best thing that’s ever happened to him.

In 2005, just after the couple met, Duane Wright was diagnosed with cancer and doctors told him his chances of making it were less than slim. The told him he wouldn’t reach his 30th birthday.

“She was there for every step of the way,” Duane Wright said. “She’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”

Duane Wright, who works for a trucking company, has been sending text messages to truck drivers he knows, asking them to keep an eye out for Gwen’s blue 2002 Dodge Neon.

Gwen Wright’s family has been monitoring her bank accounts and went through e-mails to look for anything suspicious, but other than the $500 withdrawal from the Mt. Vernon ATM, not much stands out.

Duane Wright asked Wellington police to talk to one man that his wife exchanged e-mails with, but only because he never heard the name mentioned. The e-mails, he said, were about riding motorcycles — which Duane and Gwen liked to do — and Gwen and the man talked about their significant others.

Gwen Wright is a registered nurse at Mercy Regional Medical Center in Lorain and did not show up for her shift on Thursday.

One of Gwen Wright’s co-workers set up a Facebook page, “Find Gwen Virag Simon Wright.”

Gwen Wright is 5 foot 3 inches, weights 190 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. Her Ohio license plate number is EVA6233.

“We’re getting into a long period of time here,” Duane Wright said. “And I just want my wife back.”

Anyone with information is asked to call the Wellington Police Department at (440) 647-2244.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 02:08:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 04:54:08 PM »

WELLINGTON, Ohio - The Wellington Police Department asked for the public's help in finding a diabetic woman who has been missing without her medication since making a trip to the Wal Mart Red Box Wednesday.

According to Wellington police, Gwen Wright, 38, last spoke with her husband at 10:05 p.m. when she notified him via cell phone that she intended to rent a movie.

Security cameras captured Wright making her selection at the Oberlin Wal Mart on State Route 20. The last image showed Wright leaving the parking lot at 11:54 p.m. She headed east on State Route 20 in her dark blue, 4-door, 2002 Dodge Neon.

Wright did not arrive for for work at Mercy Community Hospital during her scheduled shift Thursday. She is five feet-three inches tall, 190 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information on Wright's whereabouts is encouraged to call the Wellington Police Department at (440) 647-2244.
http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-missing-woman-wellington-red-box-txt,0,3164643.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 04:56:40 PM »

The car would look similar to this......

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 05:03:27 PM »

car like this...

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2010/10/08/police-wellington-woman-missing/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 05:50:03 PM »

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2010/10/10/news/mj2028727.txt
Wellington woman, 38, still missing
October 10, 2010

WELLINGTON — Gwen Wright, the 38-year-old Wellington woman who vanished Wednesday night, was still missing yesterday, according to her husband Dwayne Wright.

As the mystery stretched into its third day, and Gwen Wright had left her prescription diabetes medication at home, her husband said he is worried about her well-being.

“We’re running a little ragged right now,” said Dwayne Wright, about family and friends who were helping him through the difficult time. “All we can do is sit and wait.”

Gwen Wright disappeared at about 11:55 p.m. Wednesday from the parking lot of the Oberlin Walmart on U.S. 20, after renting a video from a vending kiosk there.

By 1:37 a.m. the next day she had withdrawn $500 from an automatic teller machine in Mount Vernon, about midway between Wellington and Columbus, and her bank accounts have had no other activity since, according to Dwayne Wright.

Wellington Police have a photo from the surveillance camera at the Mount Vernon automatic teller machine, said Dwayne Wright, who is a diesel mechanic at Estes Express Lines in North Ridgeville.

“It was obviously Gwen, she was wearing the same clothes she was wearing Wednesday night,” Wright said.

“She looked scared and stressed. It was gut-wrenching. Since she was spotted in Mount Vernon, it’s almost useless to look around up here.”

Wellington Police have put out a bulletin for other law enforcement agencies to be on the lookout for her and her car, a dark blue 2002 Dodge Neon with Ohio license plate EVA-6223 or -6233, Wright said.

The car, which has a blue poker chip hanging from the rear-view mirror and a leopard-print cover sewed onto the steering wheel, looks almost black at night, he said.

Gwen Wright is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 190 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes, her husband said.

Wellington Police said no new information on the disappearance was available yesterday.

Gwen Wright is a registered nurse in the cardiac unit at Mercy Regional Medical Center, in Lorain, and her diabetic condition requires almost daily medication, according to Dwayne Wright.

“Basically, every time she eats, she has to take insulin,” he said. “When her bloodsugar is too high, she takes a faster-acting insulin.”

Wright said he was thankful for help from his neighbors on Wenner Street, in Wellington, his wife’s family, and her co-workers at Mercy Regional Medical Center, who set up a Facebook page called “Find Gwen Virag Simon Wright.”

“I just want to get her back,” he said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 05:52:07 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Gwen-Virag-Simon-Wright/140165842695766

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 07:00:12 PM »

I'm sure we can rule out diabetic fog as driving would eventually get too difficult for her in that case.  I guess there a just a few possibilites:
1.  someone waiting in the car to rob and ride
2.  ran away with new lover
3.  out buying drugs and needed more cash, went back and got more, hiding out scared or robbed by druggies
4.  #1 or #3 and that someone didn't know she was diab. and she got real sick or he offed her and ran with the car

Would love more history on her but on the surface she seems to be a responsible person.  Goodness sakes she works as an RN, can't be too nutso or careless.  What am I saying...sure she could be.  I just hope she is okay.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 09:44:09 AM »

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2010/10/13/missing-woman%E2%80%99s-car-found-in-southwest-ohio/

Missing woman’s car found in southwest Ohio
Filed by Cindy Leise October 13th, 2010 in Top Stories.

WELLINGTON — The Dodge Neon driven by cardiac care nurse Gwen Wright, who went missing a week ago, was found in southwestern Ohio at a car dealership with her purse, keys and other belongings inside, authorities said.

Gwen Wright

There was no immedi­ate indication what hap­pened to Wright, but $500 she had withdrawn from an ATM in another part of Ohio was gone, Wellington Police Chief Steve Rollins said. The car will be searched for fingerprints or “anything that looks out of the ordinary” by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, Rollins said.

Authorities searched around the Bob Mal­colm Chrysler Dodge Jeep in the village of Pee­bles, east of Cincinnati.

The car was in a portion of the lot reserved for cars awaiting service since at least Friday, she said.

A technician sounded the alarm at about 3 p.m. Monday after noticing that the purse and keys were inside, she said.

“That was the red flag,” Malcom said.

She said all of the doors were locked, except the right rear door which had been unable to lock for some time, according to Wright’s husband, Dwayne.

Oddly, the car was parked in about the only spot at the dealership that is not monitored by video cameras, she said.

However, a nearby McDonalds or Marathon station might have captured something on their security cameras, she said.

Malcom said Wellington police, Wright’s husband and her family traveled to Peebles on Tuesday in hopes of finding clues about what happened to the Mercy Regional Medical Center nurse.

Everyone at the dealership pitched in to help search on Monday, she said.

“Our hearts went out when we pulled her story up on the Internet,” she said.

Wright had been reported missing Thursday by her family after she failed to return from a late-night visit Wednesday to the Walmart in Oberlin for a movie and batteries.

Her husband arrived home Thursday from the night shift and found the dogs out of their sleeping crates, which he said was unusual.

Gwen Wright was seen on video leaving Walmart and heading east on U.S. Route 20 — the way home — at 11:52 p.m. Wednesday.

She was last seen around 1:37 a.m. Thursday withdrawing money from an ATM in Mount Vernon in Knox County near Mansfield.

Rollins said police have carefully viewed video at both the Walmart and the ATM, and it appears she was alone in the car.

While it is possible someone was hiding in the back seat, that person would have had to be hiding under something dark-colored because “you can see in the car and there’s nobody in it,” Rollins said.

Hundreds of fliers have been distributed and a “Find Gwen Virag Simon Wright” page on Facebook is getting the word out to thousands of people, her husband Dwayne said Monday.

Anyone with information on Gwen Wright is asked to call Wellington police at (440) 647-2244.

Contact Cindy Leise at 329-7245 or cleise@chroniclet.com.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 09:54:49 AM »

A) Walmart near Oberlin, OH seen 11:52pm Wednesday 10/6/2010

B) ATM in Mt. Vernon, OH 1:37am Thursday 10/7/2010

C) Car found in service lot Peebles, OH believed to have been there since Friday 10/8/2010 or earlier

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2010/10/13/missing-woman%E2%80%99s-car-found-in-southwest-ohio/

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 12:16:37 PM »

thanks Lovinlife was just going to post the same

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 01:29:05 PM »

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2010/10/13/photo-gallery-friends-family-hold-vigil-for-gwen-wright/
PHOTO GALLERY: Friends, family hold vigil for Gwen Wright
October 13, 2010

linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 11:22:31 AM »

http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=13320033

She's Fine: Missing Lorain woman thought to be abducted surfaces

Posted: Oct 13, 2010 8:25 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 14, 2010 4:37 AM EDT

Click image to enlargePosted by Web Staff - email | Facebook | Twitter

UPDATE: WELLINGTON, OH (WOIO) - The search for a missing Lorain County woman is over. Wellington police confirmed Wednesday that Gwen Wright was not abducted. She left on her own free will and is safe.
Gwen had been missing for about a week. Her car was found in Peebles, Adams County, the day after she was last seen.

The 38-year-old nurse Gwen Wright went missing on October 6th. Wright was last seen at the Walmart located on St. Rt. 20. Wright told her husband around 10:05 p.m. that she was going to rent a DVD at a "Red Box" machine.

The Wellington Police department released this statement.
The Wellington police department in the investigation of the missing Wellington woman Gwen Wright determined by witnesses in the west union, Ohio area of southern Ohio that Gwen wright was not abducted she is alone and doesn't appear to be in distress. Gwen stated to witnesses that her husband died of cancer, she lost her job and her house and all she wanted was to go to the beach. She identified herself to two people at Blakes pharmacy in West Union as Gwen. One of those two witnesses was a minister who stated he provided spiritual support and directed her to the Country Nights Inn in West Union, a short distance from the Blake's Pharmacy. Once at the motel Gwen identified herself as Jenny May from Decanter, Illinois. She attempted to pay for a room with cash but because she didn't have identification she was denied a room. As reported earlier she had abandoned her vehicle at the Bob Malcom Car Dealership in Peebles, Ohio leaving behind her purse containing her id and cell phone. It was also confirmed that the ministers wife also saw Gwen walking along a nearby highway. After Gwen Wright left the Country Nights Inn her location is unknown at this time.  This information was confirmed as her vehicle that was towed back to Wellington was being processed with the help of the Ohio Bureau of Investigation. The home computer was being analyzed by the Lorain County Sheriff Department Forensic Computer officer and Gwens cell phone was being analyzed by the Federal Bureau of Iinvestigation forensic phone technician. As reported earlier Gwen Wright had a diabetic condition requiring medication, after contact with a pharmacist it was determined her medication was obtainable over the counter without a prescription. A meeting was conducted this evening at 6:30 PM with the husband Dwayne Wright and the findings revealed to Dwayne. Dwayne was also advised that due to the findings the incident is now out of the jurisdiction of the Wellington Police Department.
Chief Steve Rollins

Family and friends held a vigil for Gwen Tuesday night, praying for her safe return.

©2010 WOIO. All rights reserved.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 03:41:17 PM »

BuMp

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 02:02:44 PM »

Moving this on over to "Missing Found Safe" 

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 03:06:08 PM »

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2010/10/16/missing-wellington-woman-found-hospitalized/#comments

Missing Wellington woman found; hospitalized
Filed by Cindy Leise October 16th, 2010 in

Police in Chillicothe said they are conducting a “possible criminal investigation” regarding cardiac care nurse Gwen Wright of Wellington, who was found face down and unresponsive Friday near a bike path after being reported missing by her husband Oct. 7.

Police spoke with Wright, and there may be an investigation, said Chillicothe Police Public Information Officer C.A. “Bud” Lytle.
Wright was taken to Adena Regional Medical Center after police found her face down and unresponsive at Columbia and Riverside streets at 6:28 a.m.

“She didn’t respond to anything the officer had to say,” he said.

When she arrived at the hospital, she indicated she wanted to talk to police, according to Sybill Miller, the hospital’s communications director.

The hospital also alerted her husband, Dwayne, and mother Anita Virag, who rushed to Chillicothe to be at her side, Miller said.

“The family is just relieved she is found and she is in stable and good condition,” Miller said. “This is a happy ending.”

Gwen Wright asked hospital officials to tell news reporters that she appreciated everyone’s concern for her well-being, Miller said.

Hospital guards protected her room from curiosity seekers, according to Miller.

By midafternoon, Wright was released from the hospital to the care of relatives, she said.

Wright was reported missing Oct. 7, the day after she made a late-night stop at the Walmart in Oberlin to rent the movie “Remember Me” and buy batteries.

She also was seen at an ATM in Knox County withdrawing about $500, but the trail grew cold until Monday, when authorities found Wright’s 2002 Dodge Neon in Peebles in southwestern Ohio’s Adams County with her purse and her cell phone inside.

It had been at the parking lot of a car dealership with cars needing service since at least Oct. 8, but staff at the dealership did not call police until Monday when a technician noticed the purse inside.

Wellington police canceled a missing-person alert Thursday after police confirmed that Wright had spoken with several people and she was in no immediate distress.

After she left Peebles, she spent time in West Union and was treated to a sandwich and drink by a clerk at a drugstore soda fountain.

She told a clerk at a pharmacy in West Union last Friday that she had lost her job, her house and that her husband had died.

Teresa Freeman, a clerk at the pharmacy, said the weeping woman identified herself as Gwen and carried a big backpack.

“She said she had quit her job because her husband had cancer and he had died,” Freeman said. “She said she just wanted to go to the beach.”

A minister, who also spoke with Wright, positively identified her from photographs as did a motorist who had picked her up while hitchhiking.

While in West Union, a woman matching Wright’s description tried to rent a hotel room under the name of Jenny May from Decanter (sic), Ill., but was denied because she did not have any identification, police said.

Wellington Police Chief Steve Rollins was unavailable for comment Friday. Rollins said Thursday that the couple had some financial problems that had resulted in them leaving a home in Elyria.

Dwayne Wright could not be reached for comment Friday.

On Wednesday he said that he loved his wife and he issued a call through a video on The Chronicle’s website for her to contact someone about her whereabouts or go to a hospital if she needed medical attention.

He said that they had been on a cruise to the Bahamas in September and he thought they were doing OK, although they had bills to contend with.

“You can’t live to work,” Wright said. “I know that the finances were putting a lot of pressure on her.”

He said both he and his wife are cancer survivors and his wife is unable to have children, but they weren’t going to let that stop them from having a family.

“We were tossing around the idea of adopting or fostering to adopt,” he said.

He said they have a home in a development south of Wellington High School with four dogs.

Contact Cindy Leise at 329-7245 or cleise@chroniclet.com.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »

Criminal Probe Begins In Missing Woman Case
Tuesday,  October 19, 2010 5:37 PM

CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — Police announced on Tuesday that they were conducting a criminal investigation after a missing woman was found unresponsive in Ross County last week.

It is the latest development in a puzzling case that unfolded earlier this month in northeast Ohio.

Gwen Wright, 38, was reported missing on Oct. 6 when she did not return home after renting a movie from an Oberlin Walmart store.

On Friday morning, Wright was found face down and unresponsive near a bicycle path in Chillicothe. She was hospitalized briefly and released.

No charges have been filed in connection with Wright's disappearance.

Chillicothe police did not elaborate Tuesday on what prompted the criminal investigation.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/10/19/story-chillicothe-criminal-investigation-missing-woman-wright.html?sid=102

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.