March 28, 2024, 11:39:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #174 10/29/10 - 11/29/10  (Read 147161 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2010, 04:51:26 PM »

Today's hearing
Part One   http://www.wftv.com/video/25566372/index.html
Part Two   http://www.wftv.com/video/25567059/index.html
Part Three http://www.wftv.com/video/25567604/index.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 04:51:54 PM »

Yes, he denied it but didn't say with prejudice.
They have cojones of steel to even broach the matter again.

I was really hoping for an OK Corral event today.
Judge Perry isn't mean enough.
Why does he allow the to speak above him?
He should throw them in jail for the night for contempt.
So sick of this chit.
Maybe he is playing to the cameras just like the defense is.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 04:58:40 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/25561067/detail.html
Casey Defense Request To Seal Jail Records Denied
Posted: 6:18 am EDT October 29, 2010Updated: 4:25 pm EDT October 29, 2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony returned to court Friday afternoon. Casey's legal team was in court to try for a third time to seal all public records pertaining to her stay at the Orange County jail, including her phone calls and visits, as well as her commissary purchases, and to try to get more taxpayer money for its defense.

However, Chief Judge Belvin Perry denied the defense's request to seal her jail records.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 05:03:15 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/october/167169/Request-to-seal-Casey-Anthony%E2%80%99s-jailhouse-records-denied
Request to seal Casey Anthony’s jailhouse records denied
By Nick VinZant, Reporter
Last Updated: Friday, October 29, 2010 4:29 PM
ORLANDO --

Casey Anthony’s defense lawyers went to court Friday to try and get more money and more privacy.

Anthony's defense team wanted to get jail records sealed and out of the public’s hands.

Judge Belvin Perry denied the request, but did leave the door open for a future ruling.In a second request, Anthony's attorneys asked for more money for private investigators, court document copies and travel expenses.

The defense argued they need the money to give Anthony a fair trial.

Perry did award the defense some additional money, but said he wouldn't write a blank check.

"Taxpayer funds do not allow you to go on fishing expeditions,” Perry said. “It must be for a particular need not for drilling and hoping that you are going to find oil when there is no signs that there is oil there."

Perry did award the defense team around $3,000 for legal expenses. He said the public would not pay for travel expenses.

Thanks, Trimm.  (cool avi, by the way.)
BBM
Judge Belvin Perry denied the request, but did leave the door open for a future ruling.
Where did this come from?  I don't remember Judge P. saying Baez could come back for another review of this motion.  Did anyone else hear this?
I seem to recall him saying he was denying the motion for reconsideration "at this time," whatever that means.

IF the Judge's intention was to "leave the door open" as stated in the article, one possible reason for getting that wording in the record might be for appellate protection; the Bent ruling Baez had cited (incorrectly IMO) is still under review.  Just a wild guess, I really have no idea.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »

Yes, he denied it but didn't say with prejudice.
They have cojones of steel to even broach the matter again.

I was really hoping for an OK Corral event today.
Judge Perry isn't mean enough.
Why does he allow the to speak above him?
He should throw them in jail for the night for contempt.
So sick of this chit.
Maybe he is playing to the cameras just like the defense is.
After watching JP during a trial on IS, I don't believe he plays to the camera at all. MOO  I feel he has everyones best interest at heart, totally follows the law, and runs his court room accordingly. He did tell the defense members to "hold on" a couple of times as they were rudely talking over him. He called Baez out several times today, as he should have.  I'm no expert on any of this trial stuff, by any means, but I have faith in JP and he will see that Casey gets a fair trial, at least from what he has control over. Again, JMO.

Justice for Caylee!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 05:43:52 PM »

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/casey-anthony-circus-car-is-sitting-in-the-break-down-lane-waiting-to-be-towed/
Casey Anthony Circus Car Is Sitting In the Break Down Lane Waiting To Be Towed
10/29/2010 donchai

~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2010, 06:16:21 PM »

Perry: 'I Am Not Writing An Open Check'
Judge Hands Defense Stern Lecture

ORLANDO, Fla. -- In a status hearing in the Casey Anthony case Friday, Judge Belvin Perry demanded to know why the defense team wanted more taxpayer money and what they plan to do with it.

George and Cindy Anthony sat two rows behind Casey during the hearing and often appeared tense. Anthony came in to court looking as if she'd been crying.

Judge Belvin Perry adopted a hard line in the face of extra funding requests from Anthony's defense. He granted Jose Baez just 60 of the 300 extra hours requested to fund the defense team's investigator.

"I am not going to write an open check. I am just not," Perry told the defense team in court.

Cheney Mason said they're not fishing, but rather making a serious effort to reach material Texas Equusearch witnesses who have been told not to talk to them.

Meanwhile, the defense team's new death penalty phase attorney Ann Finnell said her requests for expenses were not excessive. Finnell addressed her expected $20,000 budget, which members of the Justice Administrative Commission said was expensive.

"In trying to develop a budget, I'm trying to come up with a worst case scenario," Finnell said.

Judge Belvin Perry denied the defense's motion to seal jailhouse visitation log and commissary records.

An Orange County Corrections representative spoke on behalf of the jail regarding the defense's privacy motions. The representative said there is "no legal basis" to exempt the logs and records from public record.

Perry approved $2,500 for a psychiatrist to conduct pre-trial evaluations.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/25568264/detail.html
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2010, 06:42:39 PM »

I thought she was referring to the Ohio contingency that won't answer the phone.
That's why JP asked what made her think they would come to the door.
No way I'd open the door with her standing there.

Hi Monkeys--Thanks to all for the updates.  I was busy most of the day and then had a telephone call which lasted about two hours. 

Curly, I'd probably open the door and stick some candy in her hand, it being Halloween and all.............

Lol, Babybear. That's an excellent way of dealing with her being at your door (God forbid).

lol baby bear my keyboard just got  spitted on with sticky coke

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2010, 06:45:34 PM »

I am a respector of all people and would never mean to offend, but I just want to say this prayer for the ones who know what this case is really about -- Caylee.

Heavenly Lord, with a humble but troubled spirit, I come before you.  I entreat you to continue to provide patience to the many people who work so diligently for justice.  Father, I have sat and watched the broadcast of horrid people who will do anything, including lying, to get their client off.  Lord I understand you have the ultimate say about justice, yet I believe justice is given here on this earth.  Please be with those who are seeking justice for precious Caylee.  Give them a special anointing of your strength, wisdom, and grace.  Kindly do not forsake these special people who speak for those who cannot or no longer can speak for themselves.  We do thank you for your blessings.  Help us to keep our eyes upon the good.  Amen and Amen.
Thank you Sister your prayer is beautiful and appreciated.  an angelic monkey

Sister
Amen and thanks you kindly.

Loca
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2010, 06:46:56 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/10/casey-anthony-judge-belvin-perry-plays-accountant-sternly.html
Casey Anthony: Judge Belvin Perry plays accountant sternly
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on October, 29 2010 6:06 PM
Chief Judge Belvin Perry meant business today during a status hearing in the Casey Anthony case. The judge’s determined style was the focus of television coverage this evening.

Standout clip: ” I am not gonna write an open check. I’m just not,” Perry told defense attorneys.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. The defense has spent more than $300,000 on the case, but is seeking more for indigent client Anthony. (WFTV-Ch. 9 decorated its report with $300,000 in big type.) Anthony is scheduled to go on trial in May.

“He was really setting a tone, and it was a hard line,” WESH-Ch. 2’s Bob Kealing reported.  “In many cases, the judge would demand to know what the defense team had done with money he already budgeted and what they would do with any more he might give them.”

Kealing said that defense attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason were not commenting after court today.

WFTV-Ch. 9’s Kathi Belich observed, “The judge does not seem impressed with how it [the defense] has used some of the tax money so far.”

The defense sought 300 additional hours for its private investigator, but Perry OK’d just 60 hours.

“The judge got conflicting answers about how many authorized hours of work  already have been done as the defense asks for more,” Belich said.
WOFL-Ch. 35’s Shannon Butler weighed in: “Perry is a judge, but it also seems he’s a pretty good accountant.”

In another oft-played clip, Perry told Baez, “Taxpayers’ funds do not allow you to go on fishing expeditions. It must be for a particularized need, not in drilling hoping that you’ll find oil.”

The stations noted that the defense had lost its third bid to seal Anthony’s jail records, such as commissary purchases and the visitors log.

Anthony’s look also drew scrutiny. WOFL anchor Bob Frier highlighted the “hair slicked back.” Kealing said that “Anthony herself came to court looking as if she had been crying.” And Belich noted that Anthony wasn’t in shackles.

Orlando defense attorney Diana Tennis, who offers analysis for WOFL, theorized that the defense is “telling her [Anthony] to draw as little attention to herself as possible. Don’t do the long, pretty hair. Don’t do the makeup. Don’t make expressions. Don’t look around. Be as invisible as possible, so there are as few clips out there on the Internet of her as possible.”

Tennis predicted the money spent in the death-penalty case could exceed $1 million. “This is a special case. It’s a special penalty that’s being sought,” Tennis said. “Even though Judge Perry had some tough talk today, I think the reality is he’s going to continue to give to the point that’s he not worried about the appellate court saying she was denied due process.”

Anthony attorney Ann Finnell did talk to reporters after court.  She and Perry had a robust discussion about her budget for the death-penalty phase.

“I think he’s got a responsibility to mind the store,” Finnell said.

~ Peter Frampton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 06:54:47 PM »

Today's hearing

Thanks Trimm.     an angelic monkey
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2010, 07:29:15 PM »

This case has become so bizarre..everytime you think they have to realize how stupid they look..the defense manages to add another layer.

I am surprised the new DP lawyer is even needed..isn't Mason DP qualified?  If so..why should the taxpayers of Florida have to pay for an additional circus?

So sorry TES searchers don't want to freely talk with the defense....they are private citzens and really have no need to speak to anyone..much less be harrassed and have their words twisted.

Why is it with the defense everything comes down to money and poor pitiful us?

If someone else murdered little Caylee....then they need to produce that person.  Where are their detectives....looking for evil TES searches..turn around Bozo..they evil ones are Casey and her lying parents.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2010, 07:53:04 PM »

This case has become so bizarre..everytime you think they have to realize how stupid they look..the defense manages to add another layer.

I am surprised the new DP lawyer is even needed..isn't Mason DP qualified?  If so..why should the taxpayers of Florida have to pay for an additional circus?

So sorry TES searchers don't want to freely talk with the defense....they are private citzens and really have no need to speak to anyone..much less be harrassed and have their words twisted.

Why is it with the defense everything comes down to money and poor pitiful us?

If someone else murdered little Caylee....then they need to produce that person.  Where are their detectives....looking for evil TES searches..turn around Bozo..they evil ones are Casey and her lying parents.
Exactly Gypsy!
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2010, 08:27:52 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthonyblog/index.html

Legal Analyst Bill Sheaffer on Casey Anthony Case
QUITTERS, OPPORTUNISTS AND LAGGARDS

Posted in Latest Posts by William J. Sheaffer on October 29, 2010

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »

Kathi Belich Report 10/29/10
http://www.wftv.com/video/25569950/index.html

~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2010, 08:49:39 PM »

Thanks Trimm!  What could Casey have been crying over....most likely something to do with herself. Did she trip/stumble again and cried so her shackles would be removed?  She didn't want to wear that ugly green blouse again? She couldn't do a thing with her hair?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2010, 08:52:53 PM »

did Casey Ho even look at her parents at any time during the court case?
does everyone feel good or confident about what happened today in court? I am trying to catch up with what all happened today...thanks all...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 09:10:47 PM »

Today's hearing

Thanks Trimm.     an angelic monkey

Hey Sassy!I am gonna watch it again tomorrow.
I loved this part.......
"Taxpayer funds do not allow you to go on fishing expeditions,” Perry said. “It must be for a particular need not for drilling and hoping that you are going to find oil when there is no signs that there is oil there."     

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2010, 09:15:21 PM »

Thanks Trimm!  What could Casey have been crying over....most likely something to do with herself. Did she trip/stumble again and cried so her shackles would be removed?  She didn't want to wear that ugly green blouse again? She couldn't do a thing with her hair?

She was not a happy camper today.The whole defense team acted like they were mad at each other.Something was off with them today.Me thinks things aren't looking to good for them.   
I really wish someone would take Mason down another notch or two.I can't stand him.   
I still want to know where all that money went.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 09:17:02 PM »

did Casey Ho even look at her parents at any time during the court case?
does everyone feel good or confident about what happened today in court? I am trying to catch up with what all happened today...thanks all...

My video cut out and I don't know if Casey looked at her parents.I doubt it.
The hearing was good.you have to watch it.   
Off to play with Sidekick.   

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.