April 19, 2024, 08:08:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #174 10/29/10 - 11/29/10  (Read 148006 times)
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: November 18, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »

Casey Anthony Updates‎: Defense motion granted... full story shortly. (Along with video.)
Facebook
3 minutes ago

I'm starting to dislike Judge Perry. Why do they need to send this to a lab outside the state? I'm not paying.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #701 on: November 18, 2010, 02:17:07 PM »

Casey Anthony Updates‎: Defense motion granted... full story shortly. (Along with video.)
Facebook
3 minutes ago

I'm starting to dislike Judge Perry. Why do they need to send this to a lab outside the state? I'm not paying.
You sure would think the state of Florida has some decent labs  I'm not liking him too much either.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: November 18, 2010, 02:20:31 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-dna-test-20101118,0,2182282.story
Casey Anthony case: Cash approved to test DNA on Caylee's shorts
Rene Stutzman and Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

2:01 p.m. EST, November 18, 2010
os-casey-anthony-dna-test-20101118
Casey Anthony's defense team got approval today to spend more than $2,000 to conduct DNA tests on two items, including Caylee Marie's shorts.

Her shorts and a bag were found in the same vacant lot as the 2-year-old's remains.

Casey Anthony is accused of killing her daughter in 2008. She's charged with first-degree murder and is being held at the Orange County Jail.

Her attorneys got approval today to spend $2,084 to have an out-of-state laboratory check for DNA on the victim's shorts and on a bag found with her remains.

Check back later for more details.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: November 18, 2010, 02:21:57 PM »

Facebook
3 minutes ago

thanks NR. So JP gives in to the defense yet again. 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: November 18, 2010, 02:24:42 PM »

Facebook
3 minutes ago

Me too.  Why did BOZO have to chose a lab out of state?? I can not imagine there is not one lab in FL qualified? Why do I think something s going to happen to the evidence....ooooppppssssss

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: November 18, 2010, 02:35:46 PM »

Facebook
3 minutes ago

NO, he didnt "give in" to the defense, this is standard protocol, if it was denied it could be said that she didnt get a fair trial & that all testing was not done...o heck to the no, let them go on their wild goose chases & attempts to make lemons out of lemonade.   There is ample evidence to get this skank monster convicted & way too much "antics" and flat out lies to work against her defense.  As far as it being done out of state, same could be said about the State so Im not willing to angst on that issue, the one thing that is ridiculous is when the defense wanted to do testing in Europe (preferrably out of sight from everyone's view) which was denied.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #706 on: November 18, 2010, 02:37:08 PM »

I live here in FL.  (but NY is my home state/town/love). I know there are licensed labs here, Weusthoff being one. I think the state may have used them, but I'm not certain.

Bozo probably will try to pay off a technician to find someone else's DNA or even lose the specimen. I don't trust them for a nano second. It's the hair they're trying to test, correct? If I were the prosecution I'd demand to be side by side with the lab tech throughout the entire process.

JP is officially on my last nerve.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: November 18, 2010, 03:07:35 PM »

O/T Couldnt find the thread regarding the Ohio family case...Foxnews cable just announced that there will be a presser later this afternoon, three bodies have been found & said to be believed it is to be them.   Also, I its sketchy reporting right now but something is linked to a purchase Hoffman made- move this to the proper thread if desired but not without providing info where it is currently, tks.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: November 18, 2010, 03:32:36 PM »

Facebook
3 minutes ago

NO, he didnt "give in" to the defense, this is standard protocol, if it was denied it could be said that she didnt get a fair trial & that all testing was not done...o heck to the no, let them go on their wild goose chases & attempts to make lemons out of lemonade.   There is ample evidence to get this skank monster convicted & way too much "antics" and flat out lies to work against her defense.  As far as it being done out of state, same could be said about the State so Im not willing to angst on that issue, the one thing that is ridiculous is when the defense wanted to do testing in Europe (preferrably out of sight from everyone's view) which was denied.

I disagree that this is standard protocol......however, I am not going to debate the subject since the above is your opinion...you have your opinion and I am allowed mine..

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: November 18, 2010, 03:40:02 PM »

I live here in FL.  (but NY is my home state/town/love). I know there are licensed labs here, Weusthoff being one. I think the state may have used them, but I'm not certain.

Bozo probably will try to pay off a technician to find someone else's DNA or even lose the specimen. I don't trust them for a nano second. It's the hair they're trying to test, correct? If I were the prosecution I'd demand to be side by side with the lab tech throughout the entire process.

Curly there seem to be plenty of ASCLD/LAB Accredited Laboratories in Florida.

http://www.ascld-lab.org/accreditedlabs.html#fl

Rest in Peace Caylee

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #710 on: November 18, 2010, 03:55:51 PM »

O/T Couldnt find the thread regarding the Ohio family case...Foxnews cable just announced that there will be a presser later this afternoon, three bodies have been found & said to be believed it is to be them.   Also, I its sketchy reporting right now but something is linked to a purchase Hoffman made- move this to the proper thread if desired but not without providing info where it is currently, tks.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8943.msg1263810;boardseen#new

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: November 18, 2010, 04:09:41 PM »

RAW VIDEO: Casey Anthony Hearing Conducted By Phone

http://www.wftv.com/video/25841176/
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: November 18, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/25840778/detail.html

Perry OKs More DNA Testing In Anthony Case
Defense Gets Approval For Out-Of-State Testing

POSTED: 2:06 pm EST November 18, 2010
UPDATED: 3:33 pm EST November 18, 2010
[EMAIL: Perry OKs More DNA Testing In Anthony Case] Email [PRINT: Perry OKs More DNA Testing In Anthony Case] Print
[COMMENTS: Perry OKs More DNA Testing In Anthony Case] Comments
(5)
Bookmark and Share
[Judge Belvin Perry hears arguments on a defense motion asking for more defense testing on Nov. 18, 2010.]
Pool/Orlando Sentinel
Judge Belvin Perry hears arguments on a defense motion asking for more defense testing on Nov. 18, 2010. More

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An Orange County judge granted a defense motion on Thursday to allow further testing of DNA evidence in the Casey Anthony case.

Neither Casey Anthony nor her attorneys appeared at the hearing in person. Anthony's defense team called into the hearing by telephone.

The defense asked to spend about $2,000 in additional taxpayer money to have a lab in Pennsylvania check for DNA on a bag and some shorts found with Caylee Anthony's remains.

Originally, the defense wanted to send the materials to a lab in Holland, but Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry denied that request.

The Justice Administrative Commission, which oversees the spending of taxpayer funds, wanted Anthony defense lawyer Jose Baez to use a lab in the state of Florida.

Since Anthony has been declared indigent, that panel oversees the public money spent on her defense.

During the hearing, Baez claimed that none of the state labs were certified The American Society of Crime Lab Directors. Brad Bischoff, representative for the JAC, could not confirm that any of the labs JAC lists as vendors are confirmed by ASCLAD.

Judge Belvin Perry said since the court had agreed that the items needed to be tested by an ASCLAD lab, he granted Baez's request to send the items to a lab in Pennsylvania called National Medical Services and spend the money on the testing.

Last week, the JAC filed papers objecting to the defense's request to spend the extra money and arguing an in-state lab could do the DNA work just as well.

I am going to choke saying this....but it looks to me as though the JAC attorney was not prepared.....and as usual BOZO lied and got away with it.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: November 18, 2010, 04:14:10 PM »

thanks NR....I might need to take a tranquilizer before listening!   

Rest in Peace Caylee

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #714 on: November 18, 2010, 04:25:51 PM »

IIRC, didn't the State agree to the lab in PA after the motion/hearing to have the foreign experts do the testing?

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: November 18, 2010, 04:54:34 PM »

Thanks NorthernRose.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #716 on: November 18, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »

Curly there seem to be plenty of ASCLD/LAB Accredited Laboratories in Florida.

http://www.ascld-lab.org/accreditedlabs.html#fl

There sure are.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: November 18, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/18/casey-anthony-judge-approves-dna-testing-cost/
November 18, 2010
Casey Anthony judge approves DNA testing cost
Posted: 03:36 PM EST
Orlando, FL -  The chief judge in the Casey Anthony murder trial ruled that Casey Anthony's defense will be able to test two DNA samples at a DNA lab based in Pennsylvania.

Hon. Belvin Perry previously granted a defense motion that the testing – on a laundry bag and shorts recovered at the site where Anthony's daughter's remains were recovered – could be done, but the JAC (Justice Administrative Commission) was not present for the original ruling and subsequently filed a response.

Bradley Bischoff, attorney for the JAC, objected to the testing because the lab, National Medical Services Laboratories, is not based in Florida. There are two DNA
labs in Florida which the defense could hire to do the testing, according to Bischoff.

However, the labs are not certified by the American Society of Crime Lab Directors, said Jose Baez, Anthony's lead defense attorney. Baez said the Pennsylvania lab would charge a total of $2,084 to examine, test, and issue a report if necessary, on the two items.

"The fee is not an exorbitant amount of money," Judge Perry said in permitting the testing. Anthony has been declared indigent for costs.

The brief hearing was held via telephone conference. Baez and Bischoff participated. Neither Casey Anthony, nor the prosecution, were on the call.

~ Peter Frampton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #718 on: November 18, 2010, 05:06:39 PM »

Bozo's even boring on the phone. I can't finish listening.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: November 18, 2010, 05:13:45 PM »

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120104&page=4
http://www.wftv.com/video/25841176/index.html

around 6:18 mark
Baez corrects the misinformation that the hair strands are 2 be sent to the PA lab..it is the bag and shorts that they will be sending to PA to get tested.

Now in regards to the hair strands being tested...at the 6:40 mark,
Baez said that they were already sent and have been reviewed by the Defense expert and have either been returned or are on their way back. That inspection is complete.

JAC: That the nature of their main concern was that they never received a copy of the motion from Sept 27 on DNA testing nor a notice of the hearing on Sept 28.
And as the party expected to pay for the testing they had no notice and no opportunity to appear at that hearing.

Baez: Under conditions of the Order by both parties it was not possible to use the labs outlined by the JAC..Did not do any comparison shopping because these labs were not ASCLAD certified.

Judge Perry: In the Sept 28 hearing the SAO argued and the Court agreed with them that the Lab needed a certain certification in this particular case.
Court will permit the testing at the Lab.
The fees which are announce just over $2000 is not an exorbitant amount of money, therefore the Court will GRANT the Motion for DNA testing.

Final Remarks by Judge Perry about Failure of the Defense to notify JAC
At the 10:12 mark
The Court will remind the Defense(the court will take responsibility of this) that whenever they talk about motions that require expenditures of money we need to notice JAC...we are trying to get this case ready for trial and certain deadlines must be met.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.