May 29, 2024, 01:22:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #174 10/29/10 - 11/29/10  (Read 150290 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: November 18, 2010, 05:17:12 PM »

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/18/casey-anthony-judge-approves-dna-testing-cost/
November 18, 2010
Casey Anthony judge approves DNA testing cost
Posted: 03:36 PM EST
Orlando, FL -  The chief judge in the Casey Anthony murder trial ruled that Casey Anthony's defense will be able to test two DNA samples at a DNA lab based in Pennsylvania.

Hon. Belvin Perry previously granted a defense motion that the testing – on a laundry bag and shorts recovered at the site where Anthony's daughter's remains were recovered – could be done, but the JAC (Justice Administrative Commission) was not present for the original ruling and subsequently filed a response.

Bradley Bischoff, attorney for the JAC, objected to the testing because the lab, National Medical Services Laboratories, is not based in Florida. There are two DNA
labs in Florida which the defense could hire to do the testing, according to Bischoff.

However, the labs are not certified by the American Society of Crime Lab Directors, said Jose Baez, Anthony's lead defense attorney. Baez said the Pennsylvania lab would charge a total of $2,084 to examine, test, and issue a report if necessary, on the two items.

"The fee is not an exorbitant amount of money," Judge Perry said in permitting the testing. Anthony has been declared indigent for costs.

The brief hearing was held via telephone conference. Baez and Bischoff participated. Neither Casey Anthony, nor the prosecution, were on the call.

And issue a report if necessary?????  Someone better be demanding a report IMO

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: November 18, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »

Bozo's even boring on the phone. I can't finish listening.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: November 18, 2010, 05:21:41 PM »

Probably he only wants the results published if (by some miracle), they are in his favor.
Since the people are paying for it, there will be a report. I'll ask for it if I have to.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: November 18, 2010, 05:21:42 PM »

Bozo's even boring on the phone. I can't finish listening.

Monkey Devil!  I agree with Curly.
Sunny,I am with you about a report.Heck yes,we want one.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: November 18, 2010, 05:39:46 PM »

Probably he only wants the results published if (by some miracle), they are in his favor.
Since the people are paying for it, there will be a report. I'll ask for it if I have to.

WOOHOO   CURLY!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: November 18, 2010, 06:17:15 PM »

Absolutely spot on Curly.   Bozo should have learned by now that he should be careful what he asks for - guess his "team" forgets what the word reciprocal means OR that he begged the State to pick up his client's case since they pissed a couple hundred grand away before doing so.  Something tells me he is under the impression that he can do this under "work product" and I beg to differ it falls under that umbrella, especially on the taxpayers dime. 

Seems to me the only objection by JAR is that it is not being conducted in state, but as I stated before them being allowed to have the tests conducted is nothing that isnt done in many thousands of cases.   It is not to be considered lienecy or something that the judge shouldnt have granted, if it was denied they would have something to use on appeal & I dont think anyone wants that.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: November 18, 2010, 06:20:53 PM »

IIRC, didn't the State agree to the lab in PA after the motion/hearing to have the foreign experts do the testing?

I recall the same

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: November 18, 2010, 06:50:43 PM »

According to a reliable source on another site, the Labs in Florida that are ASCLD certified are all Government labs,so it is reasonable that the Defense would want to go out of State for testing.
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #728 on: November 18, 2010, 06:51:15 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/25843813/detail.html

Defense: No 'Coffin Flies' In Casey's Trunk
Trial Could Pit Bug Experts Against One Another

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense is firing back at one of the prosecution's key witnesses.

In 2008, forensic entomologist Neal Haskell identified microscopic flies he said were feeding on decompositional fluids in the trunk of Anthony's car.

Now, for the first time, Anthony defense lawyers are disputing the finding.

Haskell's report is key to the prosecution's claim that Anthony drove around with her dead daughter's body in the trunk.

In an exclusive interview with WESH 2 News, Haskell showed how insects that are drawn to decomposing bodies always follow the same pattern.

"Going from this critter that's pretty fresh down to bleached bones, we have a whole array of insects that come in at different times of that decomposition progression," Haskell said as he hunched over the body of a dead sow.

Haskell said in his report for the Anthony investigation that the presence of so-called coffin flies and a lack of other insects indicated that a body in the later stages of decomposition had been in Anthony's trunk.

"Sometimes the absence of insects can be just as important as the presence," he told WESH 2 News.

Anthony defense attorney Cheney Mason said the defense disagrees with the finding. Mason said defense experts claim there were no coffin flies in the trunk at all.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #729 on: November 18, 2010, 07:28:18 PM »

OMG the madness will never end.......

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: November 18, 2010, 07:32:04 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense is firing back at one of the prosecution's key witnesses.

In 2008, forensic entomologist Neal Haskell identified microscopic flies he said were feeding on decompositional fluids in the trunk of Anthony's car.

Haskell's report is key to the prosecution's claim that Anthony drove around with her dead daughter's body in the trunk.

In an exclusive interview with WESH 2 News, Haskell showed how insects that are drawn to decomposing bodies always follow the same pattern.

"Going from this critter that's pretty fresh down to bleached bones, we have a whole array of insects that come in at different times of that decomposition progression," Haskell said as he hunched over the body of a dead sow.

Haskell said in his report for the Anthony investigation that the presence of so-called coffin flies and a lack of other insects indicated that a body in the later stages of decomposition had been in Anthony's trunk.

"Sometimes the absence of insects can be just as important as the presence," he told WESH 2 News.

Anthony defense attorney Cheney Mason said the defense disagrees with the finding. Mason said defense experts claim there were no coffin flies in the trunk at all.

Umm...mason jar get the rocks outta of your head, the defense experts were not there until MONTHS later (opps, Bozo bad) & you can pontificate all you want - it is what it is.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: November 18, 2010, 07:34:29 PM »

According to a reliable source on another site, the Labs in Florida that are ASCLD certified are all Government labs,so it is reasonable that the Defense would want to go out of State for testing.

Interesting thought, if they felt they had something solid they wouldnt be hesitant who runs a lab for the testing, especially considering said testing could be recorded various ways for authenticity.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #732 on: November 18, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »

What about chain of custody of the evidence? 

Can the State oversee these tests?  Is it too late to file a motion to do so?
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #733 on: November 18, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »

If I'm not mistaken the DNA they are talking about is Touch DNA, also the Pros.
agreed with this Lab.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: November 18, 2010, 08:07:21 PM »

Hi WO, if that is true, then I agree..not that I think just because it was a government lab that it wouldn't perform the test properly.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: November 18, 2010, 08:08:34 PM »

hi Gizzie....but of course

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: November 18, 2010, 08:10:56 PM »

can IIRC, that was covered in the hearing...chain of custody and loss of evidence.

Rest in Peace Caylee

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #737 on: November 18, 2010, 08:13:21 PM »

can IIRC, that was covered in the hearing...chain of custody and loss of evidence.

oh, thanks Sunny.  I didn't realize that. I'll have to read again.
I'm just so distrustful and Baez and his bunch.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: November 18, 2010, 08:15:16 PM »

If I'm not mistaken the DNA they are talking about is Touch DNA, also the Pros.
agreed with this Lab.

Mary, I think you are correct....when they were denied being able to send the evidence out of state.....I am others were under the impression this was to test the hair..I thought the touch was covered....and it was in part....but again BOZO's motion was incomplete, as he didn't ask for funding....as I understand it.   

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: November 18, 2010, 08:17:25 PM »

oh, thanks Sunny.  I didn't realize that. I'll have to read again.
I'm just so distrustful and Baez and his bunch.

I know what you mean about being distrustful.....they are such sleazes....and even what you read might not be what really happened....LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.