April 24, 2024, 10:25:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #4 10/22/10 - 10/28/10  (Read 148737 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 16, 2010, 11:27:49 PM »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:26:34 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:30:18 PM »

Thanks NUT!

Now I can go back to washing dishes 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 08:31:50 PM »

kkkkk I am hitting the couch.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 08:33:54 PM »

kkkkk I am hitting the couch.

thats what you meant by soft mod mode

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:35:35 PM »

Beautiful angel I am praying for your safe return an angelic monkey
Regarding the stepmother, I think she was the person that started the fire to distract the father or incriminate him with the burned evidence. He looks scared that he didnt stop the abouse. 
But if the police found her leg in the house, how she will leave?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 08:39:35 PM »

I don't believe it but interesting comment none the less:

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

It has been said that the stepmother was having a relationship with a man from England via internet and that he supposedly sent the SM 10,000.00 I wonder if LE has checked this guy out to see if he has come to the US. Maybe the wicked SM sold Zarah to him???
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 08:53:47 PM »

I don't believe it but interesting comment none the less:

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

It has been said that the stepmother was having a relationship with a man from England via internet and that he supposedly sent the SM 10,000.00 I wonder if LE has checked this guy out to see if he has come to the US. Maybe the wicked SM sold Zarah to him???
He rpassport was found and taken with the search warrant so he wouldn't be able to get her out of the country.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 09:04:25 PM »

CW....there are a lot of unpopulated areas that people can dump illegally, and some do. We have recyling centers in our communities, that you can dispose of just about anything. I live outside of town limits so have to take my garbage to the recyling center. You can take appliances and anything but large brush. Large brush has to be taken to the landfill  and I think it cost about $10 for a pickup load. Construction waste is also taken there. But just a normal load of kitchen garbage has to go to the recyling center. Which is then taken to the landfill.  Hope that helps answer some questions.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 09:18:08 PM »

So essentially, these 2 rocket scientists disappeared Zarah, her prosthesis and her mattress.
It's time for LE to kick some Adam Baker azz, put that bruja in gen. pop. and let the inmates have at her.
If they don't do something this is going to turn into another case without answers.
Each case gets sicker than the one before.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 09:19:05 PM »

Mattress Found in Landfill Could Be Key Evidence in Case of Missing North Carolina Girl

Published October 22, 2010
| FoxNews.com

North Carolina police hope DNA from a mattress found in a landfill will help crack the case of a 10-year-old girl who has been missing at least two weeks.

The mattress belonging to the missing girl, Zahra Clare Baker, had been thrown out by her parents days before her father reported her missing Oct. 9, police said. Police didn't expect to find her body in the landfill.

"Investigators hoped to use the mattress to confirm interviews with persons associated with this investigation and to reinforce the timeline," Hickory, N.C., police said in a written statement announcing the conclusion of their landfill search. "We also hoped it could provide some DNA evidence related to this case."

The discovery comes on the heels of a judge deeming Zahra's stepmother a flight risk after the woman's grown daughter testified that she's carrying on an online relationship with a man in England who was sending her thousands of dollars.

Catawba County District Judge Robert Mullinax Jr. said there were "disturbing and unsettling allegations" in the case as he increased Elisa Baker's bond from $40,000 to $65,000. Defense attorneys had asked him to lower bond to $10,000, which they said fits legal guidelines for her charge of obstructing justice.

Investigators said Baker wrote a bogus ransom note found Oct. 9, the day she and her husband reported Zahra missing. Police have said they think someone killed the girl who used hearing aids and a prosthetic leg because of bone cancer, but have not found her body and haven't charged anyone with killing her.

Investigators said earlier this week that they were seeking a serial number and other details about the artificial leg the girl used since surviving bone cancer.

The girl was last seen in public Sept. 25, but investigators want to know if anyone else outside the family had seen her more recently to fill in gaps in the case's timeline.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 09:22:43 PM »

This is incredible!  When I consider the tons of garbage in that landfill ...

I apologize if this article has already been posted.

Janet

+++++

Mattress Found in Landfill Could Be Key Evidence in Case of Missing North Carolina Girl
Published October 22, 2010

North Carolina police hope DNA from a mattress found in a landfill will help crack the case of a 10-year-old girl who has been missing at least two weeks.

The mattress belonging to the missing girl, Zahra Clare Baker, had been thrown out by her parents days before her father reported her missing Oct. 9, police said. Police didn't expect to find her body in the landfill.

"Investigators hoped to use the mattress to confirm interviews with persons associated with this investigation and to reinforce the timeline," Hickory, N.C., police said in a written statement announcing the conclusion of their landfill search. "We also hoped it could provide some DNA evidence related to this case."

The discovery comes on the heels of a judge deeming Zahra's stepmother a flight risk after the woman's grown daughter testified that she's carrying on an online relationship with a man in England who was sending her thousands of dollars.

Catawba County District Judge Robert Mullinax Jr. said there were "disturbing and unsettling allegations" in the case as he increased Elisa Baker's bond from $40,000 to $65,000. Defense attorneys had asked him to lower bond to $10,000, which they said fits legal guidelines for her charge of obstructing justice.

Investigators said Baker wrote a bogus ransom note found Oct. 9, the day she and her husband reported Zahra missing. Police have said they think someone killed the girl who used hearing aids and a prosthetic leg because of bone cancer, but have not found her body and haven't charged anyone with killing her.

Investigators said earlier this week that they were seeking a serial number and other details about the artificial leg the girl used since surviving bone cancer.

The girl was last seen in public Sept. 25, but investigators want to know if anyone else outside the family had seen her more recently to fill in gaps in the case's timeline.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/22/mattress-landfill-key-evidence-case-missing-north-carolina-girl/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 09:27:40 PM »

I thought I read that the mattress had not been found?
Which is it? I hope that it is her mattress and that they found the evidence that's needed to keep the step  monster locked up, and put the cretin father away.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 09:53:09 PM »

Which is it? I hope that it is her mattress and that they found the evidence that's needed to keep the step  monster locked up, and put the cretin father away.

I'm not sure.  We know they found a couple mattresses.  I would be surprised if they got DNA tests back that quick.  So, how can they say for sure that they didn't find THE mattress?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 10:07:37 PM »

I'm not sure.  We know they found a couple mattresses.  I would be surprised if they got DNA tests back that quick.  So, how can they say for sure that they didn't find THE mattress?

Good point.

But it was reported that police said they did not find her mattress.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 10:14:23 PM »

Good point.

Hickory Police say they were looking for a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by her parents sometime during early October.

Police say they never recovered that mattress.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Investigators-in-Zahra-case-continue-sifting-through-trash-105532123.html

According to a press release, Hickory investigators are hoping the mattress will confirm interviews and reinforce the timeline that is being established. They also hoped it would provide DNA evidence.

The mattress was not located at the landfill, according to an official with the Hickory Police Department.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/22/police-hope-mattress-will-provide-dna-evidence-ar-477657/

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 10:17:18 PM »

Good point.

I've never rented furniture but perhaps the company has some type of identifying markings on their mattresses.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 11:15:35 PM »

Good point. But it was reported that police said they did not find her mattress.
I've never rented furniture but perhaps the company has some type of identifying markings on their mattresses.

I'm sure they do, 4 Donks.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 12:01:27 AM »

When I saw them doing the search, they said there were tents there, mini labs. They could tell in 5 seconds if there was human blood and then do a blood type to match. Guess they didn't find the match.
There are areas here where persons dump their used crapola they don't want without a permit or anything like that. In the bush, stop the vehicle and toss or drag into bush. I wonder how they knew the mattress was discarded ? I have more than a feeling that the daughter who spoke to Elisa the most and the various persons they were in contact with are gladly providing any info they have to the SBI.
These two are not smart or organized, they just had a terrific head start. LE has her computer and every keystroke she made is being looked at.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 01:22:21 AM »

The only way I can figure they would know it was not THE mattress is if they have a photo of THE mattress.... I hate to say that.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 01:37:25 AM »

Landfill search produces no clues in Zahra case
No mattress or DNA evidence found; Crime Stoppers in 4 counties offer $4,000 reward

Investigators stopped searching a Lenoir landfill Friday, saying they failed to find a mattress - and possible DNA evidence - that could help explain the disappearance of Zahra Baker.

Police said the 10-year-old Hickory girl's parents disposed of her mattress just days before reporting her missing Oct. 9.

Authorities had searched the Foothills Environmental Landfill since Wednesday, when they said they were looking for evidence critical to establishing an accurate timeline of Zahra's disappearance. They revealed for the first time Friday they were seeking the mattress to corroborate information from witnesses and possibly obtain DNA evidence, which they did not describe.

Also Friday, Crime Stoppers from four counties announced they are offering a $4,000 reward for information in the case.

A state lawmaker said he will push state officials to look into how the Department of Social Services handled alleged reports of child abuse against Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker.

"People are horrified by this and sickened by it," said Sen. Austin Allran, a Republican who represents Catawba and Iredell counties.

"Something went wrong in this case," said Allran, who also serves on a child death advisory panel.

The comments come after an ******* analysis published Sunday found at least 137 N.C. children died during a recent five-year period in cases in which abuse or neglect were suspected to have contributed - even though the DSS had contact with their families within 12 months before they died.

Police say they believe Zahra is now dead and are investigating the case as a homicide. The girl, who has used a prosthetic leg since she was diagnosed with cancer, has not been seen alive in public since Sept. 25, authorities said.

Zahra's stepmother was jailed after police say she admitted writing a fake ransom note. Earlier this week, a judge raised Elisa Baker's bond from $40,000 to $65,000, saying she posed a "significant flight risk" and that allegations against her were "disturbing and unsettling."

Since Zahra's disappearance, questions have swirled about what should have been done to protect her.

Friends and family say they saw her with bruises and a black eye. At a recent vigil, a family friend said the family reported suspected abuse of Zahra on three occasions.

Allran said he discussed the case this week with members of the N.C. Child Fatality Taskforce, which recommends child safety improvements to the General Assembly.

He said he wants the state to review how well DSS protected Zahra with "an eye toward remedial legislation."

"The hard part is figuring out what went wrong and how to fix it," Allran said.

DSS officials in Catawba and Caldwell counties, where the Bakers most recently lived, have said privacy laws prevent them from discussing any involvement they might have had with Zahra.

Elisa Baker's attorney, Scott Reilly, has confirmed the DSS investigated reports of abuse against Elisa Baker but said social workers found they were "unsubstantiated."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/23/1781026/landfill-search-produces-no-clues.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.