April 26, 2024, 03:32:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #4 10/22/10 - 10/28/10  (Read 148775 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 01:56:25 AM »

4 donks
I've never rented furniture but perhaps the company has some type of identifying markings on their mattresses.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;topic=8818.0;num_replies=19#top

i rented 2 beds about 4/5yr ago, for guests for 4 days, the rental place/co.
asked if i wanted the old bed removed, free of charge, i didnt have a old
bed thats why i rented the beds
so would the rental co. dump at the landfill,or their dumpster to be picked up

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 01:58:51 AM »

4 donks
I've never rented furniture but perhaps the company has some type of identifying markings on their mattresses.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;topic=8818.0;num_replies=19#top

i rented 2 beds about 4/5yr ago, for guests for 4 days, the rental place/co.
asked if i wanted the old bed removed, free of charge, i didnt have a old
bed thats why i rented the beds
so would the rental co. dump at the landfill,or their dumpster to be picked up

Maybe that should be mentioned to the police, in case they haven't thought of that....

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 02:01:29 AM »

whoops forgot, does anyone have a link to that vid, with the neighbors
talking about not seeing Zahra, a mr bosst, and ed mitchell, the ed that
NC mike was talking about
IIRC,ed said he had not seen Zahra, but if he had he would of talked to her

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 02:07:25 AM »

bananas ill give them a call, though they prob checked that already
the same thing happened with the rented wash,dry too, i let them take
them, and rented for about 3mo, till the leasing co. paid for the old set
maybe thats a standard practice

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 02:21:34 AM »

Just in case they didn't know or think about it.  With so much on their plate, they might miss something as simple as that.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 03:19:23 AM »

Neighbors never saw missing girl

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010 ... ar-453363/

By Larry Clark
Published: October 13, 2010

HICKORY --
Zahra Clare Baker is the little girl who never was to neighbors on 21st Avenue, NW.
“I’ve never seen her,” said Eddie Mitchell, who lives across from the Baker house.

“Nobody ever saw her,” said Elisabeth Goderstad, whose house is nearby on 22nd Street.
In fact, Mitchell says he saw Zahra’s stepmother, Elisa Baker, once.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 03:40:48 AM »

Just in case they didn't know or think about it.  With so much on their plate, they might miss something as simple as that.

If Zahra was attacked on her mattress and there was ANY evidence on that mattress,  I seriously doubt Cruella would have kept that mattress anywhere near her home, much less have it available for the rental company employees who were replacing the bed. 

Now, I wonder if the dogs were alerting to the mattress if it was transported in her vehicle and disposed of.  I also wonder if Zahra's room was recently painted. 

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 03:49:40 AM »

If Zahra was attacked on her mattress and there was ANY evidence on that mattress,  I seriously doubt Cruella would have kept that mattress anywhere near her home, much less have it available for the rental company employees who were replacing the bed. 

Now, I wonder if the dogs were alerting to the mattress if it was transported in her vehicle and disposed of.  I also wonder if Zahra's room was recently painted. 

So many things to wonder about.  I hope we will soon have some answers.... but this case like so many others will grow cold if they don't start finding evidence AND Zahra.

NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2010, 07:12:56 AM »

So essentially, these 2 rocket scientists disappeared Zarah, her prosthesis and her mattress.
It's time for LE to kick some Adam Baker azz, put that bruja in gen. pop. and let the inmates have at her.
If they don't do something this is going to turn into another case without answers.
Each case gets sicker than the one before.

I totally agree with everything you said.

They need to put more pressure on Adam, I think he would break easily, and possible tell what happened.

I said the same thing last night to my son who is currently visiting...every case gets worse than the last...

On the burning issue...where I live, you are allowed to burn in your yard, but there is a number you have to call to report that you are burning...something...such as leaves, brush.

If it gets out of control and you haven't made that call, you can get fined. Don't know how much as the one time I did burn some brush, it didn't get out of control.

Another monkey explained the trash disposal...taking to recycling center...etc. That is what is done here where I live also, but I have seen dumping of matresses, old couches, etc. dumped on 'back' unpopulated roads. I have seen that happen everywhere...dunno why. Guess some are to lazy to do it the right way.

Thanks to all Monkeys for the updates.

NCSunny

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2010, 08:12:59 AM »

Wow to that article NorthernRose posted where it talked about DSS!  They are talking about privacy laws.  They should call them CYA laws, because that's what DSS is trying to do!  JMO

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »

Good Observation Monkey King
the dogs did hit on the car
the police would not comment on if the dogs hit on anything in the home
its obvious they transported her somewhere and the Old mattress is key evidence.Im thinking the plastic on it was because it was new.maybe it was the base that had the plastic on it?

I also wonder if they took care of her by taking her to the Dr and getting her tested for her cancer to see if it was still in remission, because when you have a child with bone cancer you have to take them monthly for the 1st yr after then every two months and so on...maybe they are trying to hide the fact she was not being cared for properly.I wonder if her cancer came back.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2010, 11:43:27 AM »

StarMonkey that is an excellent thought, I'm going to bet that Zahra wasn't getting proper medical care and her cancer sure could have came back. 
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2010, 11:44:47 AM »

Deleted original and this one per request

Mods, please help by deleting.  This post should have been made to JSM's Begging for Banned thread.
I apologize.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 11:57:32 AM by klaasend » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2010, 12:28:43 PM »

Crap, I missed it...I love to delete Cool

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2010, 01:15:36 PM »

Crap, I missed it...I love to delete Cool

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2010, 01:56:31 PM »

No evidence found in landfill

LENOIR --
A three-day search failed to turn up the mattress investigators from the Hickory Police and assisting agencies sought in the Foothills Environmental landfill as they continue to search for Zahra Baker.

They’d spent those days using GPS equipment to focus on specific areas of the landfill then using heavy equipment to sift through the mounds of garbage. The search was intense and exhaustive, but unproductive, according to Hickory police.

The search concluded at about 3 p.m. Friday. Investigators had focused on finding a mattress belonging to Zahra Baker that had been disposed of by Zahra’s parents sometime during early October, days before Zahra was reported missing.

Investigators hoped that the mattress could help them narrow their timeline, corroborate interviews and provide DNA evidence in what police are calling a homicide investigation.
“Anytime you search a landfill like this, it’s going to be difficult,” said Caldwell County Sheriff Alan Jones whose deputies secured the landfill as Hickory, SBI and FBI investigators searched for the mattress. “You always want to remain hopeful.”

Asked if there was anything people could do as investigators continue to search for the missing 10-year-old, Jones said, “Continue to pray. That’s about it.”

The Hickory Police Department is continuing to ask for the public’s help in the case. Anyone with information about Zahra’s disappearance is asked to call the Hickory Police Department at 328-5551.

Four Crime Stoppers organizations have joined together to offer a reward of up to $4,000 in cash for information about the disappearance and whereabouts of Zahra Baker. Anyone with information about Zahra’s location is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 758-8300.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/23/no-evidence-found-landfill-ar-478736/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2010, 01:59:15 PM »

Dubs to defend Elisa Baker

HICKORY --
Zahra Baker’s stepmother has been in the Catawba County jail since Oct. 10, and she’s had frequent visits from three people: her attorney Scott Reilly, attorney Lisa Dubs and private investigator Steve Elhers.

Lisa Dubs confirmed Friday that she has been assigned to Baker’s case as provisional counsel. According to court records, Dubs’ role is to “Conduct a preliminary investigation, determine if the defendant is indigent and needs appointed counsel, and protect the defendant’s rights pending appointment of trial counsel.”

North Carolina’s Indigent Defense Services Director and Capital Defender Robert M. Hurley assigned Dubs to Baker’s case Monday.

Dubs is well-known for defending high-profile murder suspects, and her website describes her specialties as “capital murder cases and serious felonies.”

Dubs is one of about 10 Catawba County attorneys permitted to defend clients facing the death penalty. Even though Baker has not been charged with Zahra’s murder, the case has gained nationwide attention and Hurley has decided that it is appropriate to appoint Dubs because of the likelihood that Baker will eventually be charged with the crime, Dubs explained.

Reilly was appointed to defend Baker on her assortment of charges unrelated to the Zahra Baker homicide investigation and the obstruction of justice charge that followed Baker’s Oct. 12 confession to police that she’d written a fake ransom note demanding $1 million.

Reilly will continue to represent her on those charges, and if Baker is charged with murder and the state pursues the death penalty, it’s possible he and Dubs will defend Baker jointly.
“Scott and I have tried capital cases together before,” Dubs said. “Scott already knows a lot about the case, and we’re going to do whatever’s best for the client.”

On the affidavit of indigence that accompanied her request for a court-appointed attorney, Baker listed her monthly household income as $600 from her husband Adam Baker’s job at Real Tree Services, and $200 from additional income such as food stamps or child support.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/23/dubs-defend-elisa-baker-ar-478734/
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2010, 02:13:20 PM »

$600 a month.  How much work did he do to earn that piddling amount in a month?  I don't see how it is possible to live on that amount of money even with $200 worth of food stamps.  No way to take care of Zahra with that amount of money a month.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2010, 02:27:01 PM »

Dubs to defend Elisa Baker

HICKORY --
Zahra Baker’s stepmother has been in the Catawba County jail since Oct. 10, and she’s had frequent visits from three people: her attorney Scott Reilly, attorney Lisa Dubs and private investigator Steve Elhers.

Lisa Dubs confirmed Friday that she has been assigned to Baker’s case as provisional counsel. According to court records, Dubs’ role is to “Conduct a preliminary investigation, determine if the defendant is indigent and needs appointed counsel, and protect the defendant’s rights pending appointment of trial counsel.”

North Carolina’s Indigent Defense Services Director and Capital Defender Robert M. Hurley assigned Dubs to Baker’s case Monday.

Dubs is well-known for defending high-profile murder suspects, and her website describes her specialties as “capital murder cases and serious felonies.”

Dubs is one of about 10 Catawba County attorneys permitted to defend clients facing the death penalty. Even though Baker has not been charged with Zahra’s murder, the case has gained nationwide attention and Hurley has decided that it is appropriate to appoint Dubs because of the likelihood that Baker will eventually be charged with the crime, Dubs explained.

Reilly was appointed to defend Baker on her assortment of charges unrelated to the Zahra Baker homicide investigation and the obstruction of justice charge that followed Baker’s Oct. 12 confession to police that she’d written a fake ransom note demanding $1 million.

Reilly will continue to represent her on those charges, and if Baker is charged with murder and the state pursues the death penalty, it’s possible he and Dubs will defend Baker jointly.
“Scott and I have tried capital cases together before,” Dubs said. “Scott already knows a lot about the case, and we’re going to do whatever’s best for the client.”

On the affidavit of indigence that accompanied her request for a court-appointed attorney, Baker listed her monthly household income as $600 from her husband Adam Baker’s job at Real Tree Services, and $200 from additional income such as food stamps or child support.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/23/dubs-defend-elisa-baker-ar-478734/

$600.00? 

SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS?

This man works from SUN UP TIL SUNDOWN and makes $600.00 per MONTH?

Yeah, ok. 

This must include their rental payment, which has to be deducted from his paycheck and Elisa IS NOT reporting as a credit.

Can someone find out what the rent in that area is?

REMEMBER: According to her family Elisa is a pathological liar.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2010, 02:30:33 PM »

$600 a month.  How much work did he do to earn that piddling amount in a month?  I don't see how it is possible to live on that amount of money even with $200 worth of food stamps.  No way to take care of Zahra with that amount of money a month.
And what is missing, did they have medical insurance? I will bet no way they did, and that poor child went without proper care. I have no idea how one lives on that amount of money, but since I have no idea about the cost of living there, maybe it is possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.