April 27, 2024, 11:04:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #4 10/22/10 - 10/28/10  (Read 148792 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #220 on: October 25, 2010, 05:03:29 PM »

Who shows up 3 hours early at the airport?  When I checked flights this morning nothing moves in or out of that airport before 6am.
I would have no idea, and wondered who he was picking up.

His mother maybe????
I can't imagine who else it would be.
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #221 on: October 25, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »

Who shows up 3 hours early at the airport?  When I checked flights this morning nothing moves in or out of that airport before 6am.
I would have no idea, and wondered who he was picking up.

His mother maybe????
I can't imagine who else it would be.

Don't you know if it was his mother, it broke her heart to have him arrested.  The LE must have a tail on him and they may have thought he was going to run.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #222 on: October 25, 2010, 05:05:55 PM »

Posted on Facebook by Nancy Grace:
BREAKING NEWS: Zahra Baker’s stepmom reportedly just taken out of jail & brought to the newest search site!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #223 on: October 25, 2010, 05:08:39 PM »

Good morning everyone, I've just been catching up on these new developments.  Could the following statement mean that AB went to the police station and made a statement that started the ball rolling with all of this action?

"A police statement issued late this afternoon said Baker was arrested at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport around 3:15 this morning.

The statement said Baker was at the airport to pick up a family member.
Prior to his arrest, the statement said Baker voluntarily went to the Hickory Police Department and gave an interview."

I know that doesn't make much sense because I can't see him walking into the police, telling them where to search and then they let him walk out again to go to the airport.  

Nightowl, please include the link in your posts, even if you've snipped the article.  Thanks.  MuffyBee
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:13:22 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: October 25, 2010, 05:11:58 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/25/north.carolina.missing.girl/?hpt=T2
Father of missing North Carolina girl arrested
October 25, 2010

(CNN) -- The father of a missing 10-year-old North Carolina girl has joined his wife behind bars after being arrested on charges unrelated to the weeks-long search for his daughter.

Adam Troy Baker was arrested shortly after 3 a.m. Monday in Catawba County on eight charges, including five counts of submitting worthless checks and three counts of failing to appear in court.

Police earlier acknowledged that Baker faced bad-check charges but did not initially arrest him. He had been helping authorities in their search for his daughter, Zahra Clare Baker.

Zahra was reported missing October 9. But no one other than a family member has reported seeing her since September 25, when a woman saw her at a furniture store.

Last week, police said that the girl's stepmother, Elisa Baker, admitted writing a fake ransom note that was left at the family's home. She faces an obstruction of justice charge -- a felony -- in addition to several unrelated charges, including writing worthless checks.

Authorities on Friday ended an unsuccessful search at a North Carolina landfill for a mattress connected to Zahra's disappearance, said police in Hickory.

The adolescent's disappearance is being investigated as a homicide, police said. Local, state and federal authorities, along with cadaver dogs, are continuing to search Caldwell County and thereabouts for signs of Zahra.

Zahra's father, Adam Troy Baker, was at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport picking up a family member Sunday before he voluntarily went to the police department in Hickory, about 60 miles northwest of Charlotte, to talk to authorities.

At Adam Baker's request, the closest Australian consulate, in Atlanta, Georgia, was notified of his arrest. He is an Australian citizen, according to press reports.

The disappearance of Zahra, a freckle-faced youngster who wears a prosthetic leg and hearing aids, has made international news. The girl lost her leg to bone cancer, according to CNN affiliate WCNC-TV in Charlotte.

Family members and neighbors have told reporters that Zahra's stepmother abused her -- an allegation her attorney has denied.

Police also have said they had been in contact with Zahra's biological mother in Australia and asked for the girl's medical records.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: October 25, 2010, 05:12:51 PM »

Good morning everyone, I've just been catching up on these new developments.  Could the following statement mean that AB went to the police station and made a statement that started the ball rolling with all of this action?

"A police statement issued late this afternoon said Baker was arrested at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport around 3:15 this morning.

Prior to his arrest, the statement said Baker voluntarily went to the Hickory Police Department and gave an interview."

I know that doesn't make much sense because I can't see him walking into the police, telling them where to search and then they let him walk out again to go to the airport.   

I also saw this from ABC:

Adam Baker, 33, was arrested at 3:12 a.m. on five counts of worthless checks, two counts of communicating threats, one count of assault with a deadly weapon and one count of failure to return rental property. Adam Baker was taken into custody while at the Hickory Police station after voluntarily coming in to give a statement, a police official told ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-father-arrested-unrelated-charges/story?id=11964372

So many different "facts," huh?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2010, 05:14:06 PM »

Good morning everyone, I've just been catching up on these new developments.  Could the following statement mean that AB went to the police station and made a statement that started the ball rolling with all of this action?

Adam Baker, 33, was arrested at 3:12 a.m. on five counts of worthless checks, two counts of communicating threats, one count of assault with a deadly weapon and one count of failure to return rental property. Adam Baker was taken into custody while at the Hickory Police station after voluntarily coming in to give a statement, a police official told ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-father-arrested-unrelated-charges/story?id=11964372

Indeed. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: October 25, 2010, 05:15:10 PM »

So it sounds like Adam was found at the airport and police asked him to come to the Police station and was arrested there.

Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2010, 05:16:47 PM »

Sorry MuffyBee, will do in future. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2010, 05:17:03 PM »

Date/Time Type Details Location Report
 10/25/2010 03:12 Arrest Arrestee: BAKER, ADAM TROY
Charge: WORTHLESS CHECK  347 2ND AVE SW

http://www.hickorypd.net/Summary.aspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2010, 05:18:54 PM »

So it sounds like Adam was found at the airport and police asked him to come to the Police station and was arrested there.

Yup that is how I put it together as well.  I could be wrong though.
Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2010, 05:19:30 PM »

Zahra Baker’s Stepmother Brought To New Search Site

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25501224/detail.html

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: October 25, 2010, 05:20:08 PM »

Zahra Baker/Dudley Shoals press conference

http://titancast.titantv.com/p/whky/v/Zahra-BakerDudley-Shoals-press-conference/1ACF23V7.aspx
Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #233 on: October 25, 2010, 05:32:06 PM »

I'm just speculating here but maybe his mother arrived, he's told her what actually happened and she has convinced him to go to the police and confess what he knows.  It appears from this new search that they are focussing on a specific area and they are confident of finding Zahra's body and laying charges, hence the change to the court appearance this morning for EB's defence attorney and AB's request for the Australian Consulate to be informed?
Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #234 on: October 25, 2010, 05:34:01 PM »

VIDEO: Zahra's Stepmother Brought To New Search Site: http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25506523/index.html

sorry, I dont know how to post the video on here
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #235 on: October 25, 2010, 05:41:22 PM »

I'm just speculating here but maybe his mother arrived, he's told her what actually happened and she has convinced him to go to the police and confess what he knows.  It appears from this new search that they are focussing on a specific area and they are confident of finding Zahra's body and laying charges, hence the change to the court appearance this morning for EB's defence attorney and AB's request for the Australian Consulate to be informed?

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. I am just sitting on pins and needles for more info. She needs to be found and these two sickos need to be brought to justice!

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: October 25, 2010, 05:46:48 PM »

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. I am just sitting on pins and needles for more info. She needs to be found and these two sickos need to be brought to justice!

I am thinking the opposite.

I am thinking (speculating) that Elisa was told Adam was arrested and maybe they said he was talking. So Elisa got worried and was told by LE whoever talks first gets a better deal. So Elisa talked.

I think this because she came out with the ransom note confession quite early after being arrested, and I think she would be the first to talk, and want to cover her butt as best she can.

JMO and all speculation on my part.

mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #237 on: October 25, 2010, 05:49:28 PM »

I would still like to know what the assault with a deadly weapon is all about.  Who in the world did he try and assault and why.  Wish some of our sleuths can get in there and see the arrest record.    Sure would be enlightening to say the lest.  I still think it is the SM who delivered the death sentence to Zahra.  Boy, would I like to be in the same room with her for about 20 minutes.  She would be singing like an opera star.
Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #238 on: October 25, 2010, 05:58:55 PM »

I would still like to know what the assault with a deadly weapon is all about.  Who in the world did he try and assault and why.  Wish some of our sleuths can get in there and see the arrest record.    Sure would be enlightening to say the lest.  I still think it is the SM who delivered the death sentence to Zahra.  Boy, would I like to be in the same room with her for about 20 minutes.  She would be singing like an opera star.

mariloo I think the assualt with a deadly weapon charge stems from when he tried to run someone off the road with his car.  It is on here somewhere in one of the earlier threads.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #239 on: October 25, 2010, 06:00:56 PM »

The police arrested Adam, the police brought Elisa out to the area they are searching, and they have been searching since dawn. Starting to wonder if one of them lied to the police, or one of them can't remember where they put Zahra's remains 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.