April 27, 2024, 09:32:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #4 10/22/10 - 10/28/10  (Read 148804 times)
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #360 on: October 26, 2010, 12:53:54 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=7746519

Police: Stepmother talking in missing NC girl caseUpdated at 12:20 PM today

Elisa Baker, the stepmother of Zahra Clare Baker, has been talking with investigators after her lawyer approached police offering her help, said Maj. Clyde Deal, deputy police chief in Hickory where the child was reported missing Oct. 9.

Police believe the girl is dead. She uses hearing aids and has a prosthetic leg because of bone cancer. Authorities in recent weeks have combed wooded areas and a landfill for evidence or her body.

Deal said Tuesday that Elisa Baker, 42, was taken earlier this week to a home where she once lived. But he declined to elaborate.

"We're working with her attorney to see what information she has and what she is willing to share. We're treating her like every other source of information," he said.

A telephone message left for Elisa Baker's attorney, Scott Reilly, was not immediately returned.

The stepmother has been charged with obstruction of justice. Police said she acknowledged to writing a bogus ransom note found at the scene of a fire in the family's back yard on the day Zahra Clare Baker was reported missing.

The girl's father, Adam Baker, was arrested Monday on unrelated charges. He and his daughter are from Australia. He and his daughter moved to North Carolina in 2008 after he married Elisa Baker, whom he had met on the Internet.

Adam Baker, 33, is facing one count each of assault with a deadly weapon and failure to return rental property, two counts of communicating threats and five counts of writing worthless checks, authorities said.

The timing of his arrest raises questions because the charges against him were filed over the past few months. Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins had said authorities delayed taking action because he was cooperating with police.

Deal said investigators haven't talked to Adam Baker since his arrest. He also said Adam Baker did not have an attorney.

Adam Baker was being held in a western North Carolina jail on $7,000 bond. Elisa Baker is at the same jail.

Police have not found the girl's body and haven't charged anyone with killing her. A three-day search of a landfill last week failed to turn up any evidence.

(Copyright ©2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #361 on: October 26, 2010, 12:55:08 PM »

From Dave Faherty no body has been found as of yet. Some Flags were posted yesterday at what looked like anilmal bones.
Northern if you will check wsocs website in about a half hour or so they should have video up. I don't know how to bring it over.
Thanks, and I suppose like 4 Donks said it may be hard to find the exact location, but I still say they were high as a kite when they did this   IMO 
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #362 on: October 26, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »

Northern, the video is up on www.wsoctv.com

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
WesleyBear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #363 on: October 26, 2010, 01:13:20 PM »

Hello everyone!!!!!!
I have a question....Does anyone know the reason  why the stepmom is saying she wrote a ransome note???????
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #364 on: October 26, 2010, 01:18:06 PM »

Hello everyone!!!!!!
I have a question....Does anyone know the reason  why the stepmom is saying she wrote a ransome note???????

Hi Wesley, I would assume that she did it to try and make cops think Zahra was kidnapped. It didn't work.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #365 on: October 26, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »

Hello everyone!!!!!!

The only thing I've seen is that she confessed to the police after her arrest. Nothing more.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
WesleyBear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #366 on: October 26, 2010, 01:21:54 PM »

Hello everyone!!!!!!

Hi Wesley, I would assume that she did it to try and make cops think Zahra was kidnapped. It didn't work.
But what I am saying is....if she is claiming she is not sure what happened to Zahra doesn't that right there prove her guilt?  Why would she write a ransom note and then pretend to not know what happened to Zahra...So I am just wondering what she told the investigators as to why she wrote that note, if she is indeed proclaiming her innocence...
WesleyBear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #367 on: October 26, 2010, 01:22:40 PM »

Hello everyone!!!!!!

The only thing I've seen is that she confessed to the police after her arrest. Nothing more.
So she did confess???
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: October 26, 2010, 01:28:39 PM »

Hello everyone!!!!!!

So she did confess???
All we know is that she did say something, I'm assuming through her lawyer.
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #369 on: October 26, 2010, 01:30:38 PM »

Hello everyone!!!!!!

So she did confess???

I see what you mean Weslybear. It seems she was guilty and since she confessed to the note, I bet she maybe confessed to where zahra is since she is out with LE at the scene. I was wondering what her explination to LE for writing that note was as well.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: October 26, 2010, 01:32:39 PM »

Hello everyone!!!!!!

So she did confess???

I think 4 Donks was referring to confessing to writing the ransom note.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: October 26, 2010, 01:33:12 PM »

Hello everyone!!!!!!

So she did confess???
That's when they added the obstruction charge and she was appointed Dubs.

WesleyBear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #372 on: October 26, 2010, 01:33:53 PM »

Hello everyone!!!!!!

So she did confess???

I see what you mean Weslybear. It seems she was guilty and since she confessed to the note, I bet she maybe confessed to where zahra is since she is out with LE at the scene. I was wondering what her explination to LE for writing that note was as well.
Yes, I see she is out there with law enforcement, and she is supposed to be in jail.  So obviously the only reason they have her out there with them is because she is telling them where to locate her body...hopfully!
This little girl needs to be put to rest, although I know she is in a better place now!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: October 26, 2010, 01:34:33 PM »

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25516624/detail.html

Zahra’s Stepmother Brought To Search Site Again
Related Stories/Links
MORE INFO

Posted: 12:41 pm EDT October 26, 2010Updated: 1:10 pm EDT October 26, 2010
CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. -- Zahra Baker’s stepmother, Elisa Baker, was again taken out of jail and brought to a site investigators are searching in connection with the disappearance of the 10-year-old girl.

On Monday, Elisa Baker led investigators to three locations, police confirmed to Channel 9. On Tuesday morning, police blocked off an approximately two-mile stretch of Christie Road in Caldwell County and began searching there. The area is about seven miles away from where investigators searched on Monday.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #374 on: October 26, 2010, 01:35:34 PM »

Hello everyone!!!!!!

So she did confess???
That's when they added the obstruction charge and she was appointed Dubs.
I was answering thw question about the ransom note. Apologize if I wasn't clear on that.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: October 26, 2010, 01:37:02 PM »

Related Stories/Links
MORE INFO

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. -- Zahra Baker’s stepmother, Elisa Baker, was again taken out of jail and brought to a site investigators are searching in connection with the disappearance of the 10-year-old girl.

On Monday, Elisa Baker led investigators to three locations, police confirmed to Channel 9. On Tuesday morning, police blocked off an approximately two-mile stretch of Christie Road in Caldwell County and began searching there. The area is about seven miles away from where investigators searched on Monday.

So in order for the police to do this Elisa has had to have confessed to something, they wouldn't be bringing her out there like that imo. Now the question is, where is dad, because there is no way that I believe he doesn't know 
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #376 on: October 26, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »

Related Stories/Links
MORE INFO

So in order for the police to do this Elisa has had to have confessed to something, they wouldn't be bringing her out there like that imo. Now the question is, where is dad, because there is no way that I believe he doesn't know 
I'm thinking Adam has been tossed under the bus.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: October 26, 2010, 01:50:37 PM »

I think Adam has been thrown under the bus also.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: October 26, 2010, 02:07:06 PM »

Has anyone heard what relative/friend that Adam was supposedly picking up at the airport?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: October 26, 2010, 02:11:59 PM »

NC police: Stepmother talking in missing girl case

The Associated Press
Tuesday, October 26, 2010; 12:04 PM

HICKORY, N.C. -- The stepmother of a missing 10-year-old girl is cooperating with investigators who are searching in rural North Carolina for the disabled child or evidence in her disappearance, police said Tuesday.

Elisa Baker, the stepmother of Zahra Clare Baker, has been talking with investigators after her lawyer approached police offering her help, said Maj. Clyde Deal, deputy police chief in Hickory where the child was reported missing Oct. 9.

Police believe the girl is dead. She uses hearing aids and has a prosthetic leg because of bone cancer. Authorities in recent weeks have combed wooded areas and a landfill for evidence or her body.

Deal said Tuesday that Elisa Baker, 42, was taken earlier this week to a home where she once lived. But he declined to elaborate.

"We're working with her attorney to see what information she has and what she is willing to share. We're treating her like every other source of information," he said.

A telephone message left for Elisa Baker's attorney, Scott Reilly, was not immediately returned.

The stepmother has been charged with obstruction of justice. Police said she acknowledged to writing a bogus ransom note found at the scene of a fire in the family's back yard on the day Zahra Clare Baker was reported missing.

The girl's father, Adam Baker, was arrested Monday on unrelated charges. He and his daughter are from Australia. He and his daughter moved to North Carolina in 2008 after he married Elisa Baker, whom he had met on the Internet.

Adam Baker, 33, is facing one count each of assault with a deadly weapon and failure to return rental property, two counts of communicating threats and five counts of writing worthless checks, authorities said.

The timing of his arrest raises questions because the charges against him were filed over the past few months. Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins had said authorities delayed taking action because he was cooperating with police.

Deal said investigators haven't talked to Adam Baker since his arrest. He also said Adam Baker did not have an attorney.

Adam Baker was being held in a western North Carolina jail on $7,000 bond. Elisa Baker is at the same jail.

Police have not found the girl's body and haven't charged anyone with killing her. A three-day search of a landfill last week failed to turn up any evidence.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/26/AR2010102602561.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.