April 27, 2024, 09:57:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #4 10/22/10 - 10/28/10  (Read 148806 times)
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #380 on: October 26, 2010, 02:39:31 PM »

Seems like her lawyer has struck a deal for her. This is a death penalty atty. I'm willing to bet she made a deal with the DA's office to reveal the location if they drop pursuit of the DP.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #381 on: October 26, 2010, 02:49:37 PM »

Let's see what they turn up with EB's information. AB didn't appear to give them squat for information leading to Zahra.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: October 26, 2010, 02:54:55 PM »

Let's see what they turn up with EB's information. AB didn't appear to give them squat for information leading to Zahra.

...and I believe that is why he is in jail right now.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: October 26, 2010, 03:01:29 PM »

Northern, the video is up on www.wsoctv.com

Here it is http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25516548/index.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: October 26, 2010, 03:09:08 PM »

Markers from the video
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #385 on: October 26, 2010, 03:10:06 PM »

Markers from the video

From the picture is that like a stream of water?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: October 26, 2010, 03:12:16 PM »

SLIDESHOW: Search Team At New Site

http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/25518340/detail.html
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: October 26, 2010, 03:12:28 PM »

AB legal position

If you are arrested or jailed overseas
a lot of infoon that pg ,a snip

Being arrested overseas
If you are arrested overseas you have the right to contact the Australian Government, but consular assistance cannot override local law, even when local laws may appear harsh by Australian standards.

The Australian Government cannot get you out of jail.
http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/tips/gaolos.html

more info
http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/arrested_or_detained_overseas.html

Consular services
Helping Australians arrested or detained overseas
Approximately 750 Australians are arrested overseas each year. For Australians arrested overseas, operating within unfamiliar legal systems and procedures can be distressing and frightening.

Consular assistance
Australian consular officers provide a range of assistance to Australians detained overseas to help ensure their welfare is protected, and that they are subject to a fair judicial process according to local legal procedures. This may include visiting the person regularly in detention, providing general information about the country's legal system and local prison system, offering a list of local English-speaking lawyers, helping them to contact their family, and attending their trial as an ******* (if approved by the local authorities).

Consular officers can approach local authorities to request that an Australian detainee's basic needs are met and that humanitarian standards of treatment are respected. However, they cannot organise better treatment for an Australian than that provided to the host country's own citizens.

Local laws and legal processes
Local laws and legal processes overseas can be very different to those in Australia and harsh penalties may apply (for example the death penalty for some drug offences). The Australian Government cannot intervene in another country's legal system or seek to impose Australian standards on the judicial process of that country. Australians would not tolerate foreign government intervention in our legal processes, and we cannot expect a different standard to apply in other countries.

Australian missions overseas do not have Australian lawyers to assist Australians who are arrested, detained or jailed overseas. It is the responsibility of each individual to organise their own legal representation. The mission can however provide Australians with a list of local lawyers with relevant experience and qualifications. Locally-trained lawyers, who are familiar with the laws and legal processes of the country, are best-placed to provide assistance.

Legal fees
The Australian Government as a general rule does not pay legal fees for arrested, detained or jailed Australians. A consular officer can however make arrangements for an individual's family or friends to pay for lawyers.

Consular officers can also inform arrested Australians about how to apply to the Commonwealth Attorney-General's Department under the Special Circumstances (Overseas) Scheme for financial assistance to cover overseas legal costs and related expenses. Assistance under this Scheme is provided only in the most exceptional circumstances and it is not intended to be used for hiring a private lawyer in place of a court-appointed lawyer or public defender.

Further information
Further information on consular assistance provided to Australians arrested and jailed overseas is available from:

Frequently Asked Questions - arrested, detained and jailed overseas (see link)
If you are arrested or jailed overseas

Legal fees
 Special Circumstances (Overseas)Scheme
http://www.ag.gov.au/www/agd/agd.nsf/Page/Legalaid_SpecialCircumstances(Overseas)Program

(see link)
http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/faq.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: October 26, 2010, 03:13:29 PM »

Markers from the video

I think that is just long grass in the foreground and it gives that shadow because of where I captured the still from.  I could be wrong.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #389 on: October 26, 2010, 03:19:35 PM »

Markers from the video

I think that is just long grass in the foreground and it gives that shadow because of where I captured the still from.  I could be wrong.
Thanks it is hard to tell, always seem to have problems with pictures.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: October 26, 2010, 03:20:33 PM »

Zahra Baker's stepmom talking with authorities as search shifts

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Sources are now confirming that the jailed stepmother of a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl is cooperating with authorities and was taken from her cell early Monday and was driven to at least two areas that were searched by officials for clues about the missing girl.
Police said Tuesday that 42-year-old Elisa Baker was talking with investigators and had been taken this week to a home where she once lived. Hickory Deputy Police Chief Maj. Clyde Deal wouldn't elaborate, but says Baker's lawyer approached police to offer her help.

On the same day that Zahra Baker's father, Adam Baker, was charged, Hickory Police took stepmother Elisa Baker to various areas in Caldwell County where they later searched for the girl -- or clues for the girl who has been missing since Oct. 9
Adam Baker, the father of Zahra Baker, was hit with unrelated charges early Monday morning, unlike Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, who is being held on an obstruction of justice charge related to the search for the girl.
On Tuesday, searchers went to a new location of Caldwell County on Christie Road near Hudson, which is reportedly near a former Baker residence. It's also a place where trash is known to be dumped.
Tuesday's search area is different from Monday's at Dudley Shoals Road and Burns Road which is in Caldwell County, about four miles northeast of Granite Falls. That location is reportedly near where Elisa Baker lived in 2006-2007 before she married Adam Baker and before his daughter, Zahra moved to the United States.
On Tuesday, sources told WBTV that Elisa Baker was removed from her jail cell early Monday and was taken to various search areas with police. Officials say that Baker never got out of an SUV that she was riding in for the tour of future search areas.
MORE...

http://hickory.wbtv.com/content/zahra-bakers-stepmom-talking-authorities-search-shifts?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: October 26, 2010, 03:22:14 PM »

Could it be that Gothmonster asked someone else to dump the mattress and that is why she can not remember where it was dumped?  or is she just enjoying the fresh air and scenery?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: October 26, 2010, 03:23:55 PM »

Markers from the video

Thanks it is hard to tell, always seem to have problems with pictures.

That image is of animal bones found on the search yesterday in the Dudley Shoals area, according to the report. They are searching about 7 miles from there today, along the roadway, they said.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: October 26, 2010, 03:26:41 PM »

Police: Stepmother talking in Zahra Baker case

HICKORY, N.C. (AP) -- The stepmother of a missing 10-year-old girl is cooperating with investigators who are searching in rural North Carolina for the disabled child or evidence in her disappearance, police said Tuesday.

Investigators are currently searching an area in Caldwell County near Pine Mountain and Christy roads.

A barricade was posted at Christy Road earlier Tuesday. Deputies had said that barricade would come down around noon. Instead, the barricade currently remains up and investigators have expanded the search area.
MORE...

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Cops-resume-search-for-missing-10-year-old-NC-girl-105775613.html
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: October 26, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »

Could it be that Gothmonster asked someone else to dump the mattress and that is why she can not remember where it was dumped?  or is she just enjoying the fresh air and scenery?

I actually think she is talking. I think she is scared for herself, and trying to get a better deal by talking.

She's not getting too much fresh air, as I have read that she has not been getting out of the SUV when they arrive at a location.

JMO.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #395 on: October 26, 2010, 03:38:04 PM »

I actually think she is talking. I think she is scared for herself, and trying to get a better deal by talking.

She's not getting too much fresh air, as I have read that she has not been getting out of the SUV when they arrive at a location.

JMO.

I have to wonder why she's not getting out of the vehicle. Are the cops not letting her out or is she afraid someone will shoot her if she gets out.
How stoned can u be to not remember where you hid the body of a little girl that you murdered?
I think she's playing games. She knows exactly where Zahra's body is.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #396 on: October 26, 2010, 03:46:01 PM »

Police Find Mattress Matching Description Of Zahra's - News Story - WSOC Charlotte http://t.co/tAriGpF

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #397 on: October 26, 2010, 03:48:37 PM »

I think you are right, Brandi.
If she is talking, it is because she wants a deal, she is scared. That pisses me off!!
I am sure Zahra was scared when Gothmom beat her, locked her in her room, yelled at her,  probably scared when she just looked at her.  My prayers will be answered when Zahra is found, but I hate to see either one of the monsters get a "deal". No one gave Zahra a deal...

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #398 on: October 26, 2010, 03:49:21 PM »

JMO.

I think she's talking too.  I also think that she is not exactly sure where she/they placed Zahra.  I think they did the disposal at night.  She knows about where they were, but not exactly.  Things look different at night..

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #399 on: October 26, 2010, 03:51:10 PM »

Police Find Mattress Matching Description Of Zahra's - News Story - WSOC Charlotte http://t.co/tAriGpF

Thanks for the info, Pink Angel.

And thank heavens they have found this mattress, maybe now we are getting somewhere.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.