April 28, 2024, 08:00:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #4 10/22/10 - 10/28/10  (Read 148828 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2010, 02:32:47 PM »

Investigators hoped that the mattress could help them narrow their timeline, corroborate interviews and provide DNA evidence in what police are calling a homicide investigation.     Zahra's DNA would be on the mattress, must be looking for blood and other bodily fluids 
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2010, 02:34:02 PM »

Dubs to defend Elisa Baker

HICKORY --
Zahra Baker’s stepmother has been in the Catawba County jail since Oct. 10, and she’s had frequent visits from three people: her attorney Scott Reilly, attorney Lisa Dubs and private investigator Steve Elhers.

Lisa Dubs confirmed Friday that she has been assigned to Baker’s case as provisional counsel. According to court records, Dubs’ role is to “Conduct a preliminary investigation, determine if the defendant is indigent and needs appointed counsel, and protect the defendant’s rights pending appointment of trial counsel.”

North Carolina’s Indigent Defense Services Director and Capital Defender Robert M. Hurley assigned Dubs to Baker’s case Monday.

Dubs is well-known for defending high-profile murder suspects, and her website describes her specialties as “capital murder cases and serious felonies.”

Dubs is one of about 10 Catawba County attorneys permitted to defend clients facing the death penalty. Even though Baker has not been charged with Zahra’s murder, the case has gained nationwide attention and Hurley has decided that it is appropriate to appoint Dubs because of the likelihood that Baker will eventually be charged with the crime, Dubs explained.

Reilly was appointed to defend Baker on her assortment of charges unrelated to the Zahra Baker homicide investigation and the obstruction of justice charge that followed Baker’s Oct. 12 confession to police that she’d written a fake ransom note demanding $1 million.

Reilly will continue to represent her on those charges, and if Baker is charged with murder and the state pursues the death penalty, it’s possible he and Dubs will defend Baker jointly.
“Scott and I have tried capital cases together before,” Dubs said. “Scott already knows a lot about the case, and we’re going to do whatever’s best for the client.”

On the affidavit of indigence that accompanied her request for a court-appointed attorney, Baker listed her monthly household income as $600 from her husband Adam Baker’s job at Real Tree Services, and $200 from additional income such as food stamps or child support.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/23/dubs-defend-elisa-baker-ar-478734/

$600.00? 

SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS?

This man works from SUN UP TIL SUNDOWN and makes $600.00 per MONTH?

Yeah, ok. 

This must include their rental payment, which has to be deducted from his paycheck and Elisa IS NOT reporting as a credit.

Can someone find out what the rent in that area is?

REMEMBER: According to her family Elisa is a pathological liar.

What about the $10,000.00 she got from the Englishman and anyone else she scammed plus all the free goods and services she received by writing bad checks.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2010, 02:47:57 PM »

HICKORY --
Zahra Baker’s stepmother has been in the Catawba County jail since Oct. 10, and she’s had frequent visits from three people: her attorney Scott Reilly, attorney Lisa Dubs and private investigator Steve Elhers.

Lisa Dubs confirmed Friday that she has been assigned to Baker’s case as provisional counsel. According to court records, Dubs’ role is to “Conduct a preliminary investigation, determine if the defendant is indigent and needs appointed counsel, and protect the defendant’s rights pending appointment of trial counsel.”

North Carolina’s Indigent Defense Services Director and Capital Defender Robert M. Hurley assigned Dubs to Baker’s case Monday.

Dubs is well-known for defending high-profile murder suspects, and her website describes her specialties as “capital murder cases and serious felonies.”

Dubs is one of about 10 Catawba County attorneys permitted to defend clients facing the death penalty. Even though Baker has not been charged with Zahra’s murder, the case has gained nationwide attention and Hurley has decided that it is appropriate to appoint Dubs because of the likelihood that Baker will eventually be charged with the crime, Dubs explained.

Reilly was appointed to defend Baker on her assortment of charges unrelated to the Zahra Baker homicide investigation and the obstruction of justice charge that followed Baker’s Oct. 12 confession to police that she’d written a fake ransom note demanding $1 million.

Reilly will continue to represent her on those charges, and if Baker is charged with murder and the state pursues the death penalty, it’s possible he and Dubs will defend Baker jointly.
“Scott and I have tried capital cases together before,” Dubs said. “Scott already knows a lot about the case, and we’re going to do whatever’s best for the client.”

On the affidavit of indigence that accompanied her request for a court-appointed attorney, Baker listed her monthly household income as $600 from her husband Adam Baker’s job at Real Tree Services, and $200 from additional income such as food stamps or child support.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/23/dubs-defend-elisa-baker-ar-478734/

$600.00? 

SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS?

This man works from SUN UP TIL SUNDOWN and makes $600.00 per MONTH?

Yeah, ok. 

This must include their rental payment, which has to be deducted from his paycheck and Elisa IS NOT reporting as a credit.

Can someone find out what the rent in that area is?

REMEMBER: According to her family Elisa is a pathological liar.

What about the $10,000.00 she got from the Englishman and anyone else she scammed plus all the free goods and services she received by writing bad checks.

Who knows? And how much was spent on drugs / made from selling drugs?  I think Zahra's last two years were like living in hell and it just burns me up.  How could a father put a child through this?

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2010, 02:50:23 PM »

HICKORY --

Child support?
From whom?
For whom?
Maybe it is Food Stamps since it says OR
but come on.............really?
What column does the $$ from England fall in?
the same as drug income?
ARGGGGG
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2010, 03:20:48 PM »

Some folks convicted of dealing drugs wind up having issues with IRS as unclaimed income.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2010, 03:44:24 PM »

The fire deparment will be at the jail soon to put EvilE pants out soon...Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!!!

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2010, 03:46:45 PM »

The fire deparment will be at the jail soon to put EvilE pants out soon...Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!!!

my post did not make much sense...

She is a big fat liar...and I am sure she is digging  herself deeper.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2010, 03:55:02 PM »

Oh yes it did!  Someone should have told her:

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2010, 04:04:30 PM »

Made perfect senset to me.... she is a liar..... and the biggest lie of all is what happened to Zahra.  I am so tired of people just getting away with these kinds of crimes these days.  Our laws aren't tough enough.  We don't really enforce them.  It is like that commercial where the drill sergeant is a therapist.  We need to go back to the days where we could put pressure on these scumbags and make them crack instead of mambiepambie land.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2010, 04:10:37 PM »

Like that commercial, they should throw the book at her.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2010, 04:13:34 PM »

Did you notice that they already have a private investigator. I bet they will Kronk every person that came forward with information.
Just makes me sick.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2010, 04:14:57 PM »

Did you notice that they already have a private investigator. I bet they will Kronk every person that came forward with information.
Just makes me sick.

Nope, who hired the investigator?

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »

Just makes me sick.

Nope, who hired the investigator?

HICKORY --

Snipped from the artcle on Dubs.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2010, 04:23:45 PM »

Love it Brandi 

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2010, 04:28:21 PM »

Good job Brandi!

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2010, 04:41:42 PM »

Made perfect senset to me.... she is a liar..... and the biggest lie of all is what happened to Zahra.  I am so tired of people just getting away with these kinds of crimes these days.  Our laws aren't tough enough.  We don't really enforce them.  It is like that commercial where the drill sergeant is a therapist.  We need to go back to the days where we could put pressure on these scumbags and make them crack instead of mambiepambie land.

Amen and Amen...poor people live under bridges  .....people that murder have 3 hots and a cot...meds....and media attention. 

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2010, 04:42:48 PM »

I needed that laugh.

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »

Oh yes it did!  Someone should have told her:

Monkey Devil!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.