April 28, 2024, 11:16:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #4 10/22/10 - 10/28/10  (Read 148835 times)
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #520 on: October 27, 2010, 10:15:19 AM »

I sure hope you're right, pfaubush!

On the down side of that MK, the 1st and 3rd pics appear to be the same spot.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #521 on: October 27, 2010, 10:16:35 AM »

I'm on my cell, I can't see photos at the moment.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: October 27, 2010, 10:33:25 AM »

It does look like they have found something but it could be the animal bones in the article above:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:41:55 AM by klaasend » Logged
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #523 on: October 27, 2010, 11:16:55 AM »

If AB picked up family at the airport, are they going to be staying at the house AB and EB lived in with Zahra??  Or, has the LE claimed this a possible crime scene.  I understood AB was moving out when arrested.  Wonder where he was going or where he thought he was going??
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: October 27, 2010, 11:18:10 AM »

Possible evidence found in Zahra case

Employees at a Lenoir landfill on Tuesday discovered a mattress they say may have belonged to Zahra Baker, police said, possibly providing a breakthrough in the nearly three-week search for the missing 10-year-old girl.

Workers were grading the Foothills Environmental Landfill when they uncovered a mattress, which investigators said matches the description of the one used by Zahra.

Investigators last week called the mattress a key piece of evidence they said might help them establish an accurate timeline for Zahra's disappearance - and might yield DNA evidence.

Police said they turned over the mattress to the State Bureau of Investigation for testing.

Investigators unsuccessfully combed the landfill for three days last week. Officials said the Zahra's parents disposed of her mattress just days before reporting her missing Oct. 9.

Hickory police Deputy Chief Clyde Deal said Tuesday the discovery is a potentially significant moment in the case, but he would not elaborate.

Authorities are calling the case a homicide. The girl, who used a prosthetic leg due to bone cancer, has not been seen alive in public since Sept. 25, they said.

Police jailed Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, 42, saying she admitted writing a fake ransom note. The girl's father, Adam Baker, 33, was jailed on Monday on charges unrelated to Zahra's disappearance. He faces one count each of assault with a deadly weapon and failure to return rental property, two counts of communicating threats and five counts of writing worthless checks, authorities said.

Police confirmed that Elisa Baker is assisting them in the investigation. Authorities took her from jail on Tuesday to at least one of the areas where about 40 investigators were searching, Deal said.

Deal wouldn't say why Elisa Baker has chosen to cooperate or whether she has confessed to any crimes.

"I will not say what our conversation involved," Deal said.

The Hickory Police Department released a statement saying Elisa Baker's attorneys Lisa Dubs and Scott Reilly had also provided information.

Neither Dubs nor Reilly could be reached for comment. The Associated Press contributed.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/27/1788890/key-evidence-found-in-zahra-case.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: October 27, 2010, 11:21:44 AM »

The storms last night were pretty bad in the search area:

Possible tornadoes cause major damage
It was a busy night Tuesday weatherwise in areas to the west of Charlotte. The National Weather Service confirmed that two tornadoes touched down in North Carolina. One hit in Cleveland County near Vale around 7 p.m. The other hit near Claremont in Catawba County.

http://charlotte.news14.com/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: October 27, 2010, 11:25:50 AM »

Read all of the Hickory Police media releases on the Zahra case

MEDIA RELEASE

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AS OF 4:30 PM

Investigators seized a mattress at the Foothills Environmental (Caldwell County Landfill) today after employees discovered this mattress when they were regrading the area that was searched last week. This mattress possessed DNA evidence that will be tested in the future to confirm if it is involved with this investigation.

10/26/10 4:00 PM

Elisa Baker, along with her attorneys Lisa Dubs and Scott Reilly, has been providing information to Hickory Police Department and the investigation team of the Zahra Baker case since Sunday. This information and all other leads are being followed up by the investigation team.

NO formal media briefings are scheduled today.

Previous Releases:

10/25/10 4:00 PM

Adam T. Baker, Zahra's father was arrested on 10/25/10 at 3:12 am at the Hickory Police Department. The charges were unrelated to the Zahra Baker case. The charges were five (5) counts of Worthless Checks and three (3) counts of Failure to Appear. He was placed in the Catawba County Detention Facility under a $7,000 secured bond. Before his arrest, Baker voluntarily came to Hickory Police Headquarters and submitted to an interview. Baker was at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport picking up a family member prior to coming to HPD. The Australian Consulate in Atlanta was notified of Baker's arrest at his request.

Search teams from Hickory Police Department along with NC State Bureau of Investigation Agents, Federal Bureau of Investigation's Evidence Response Team members and Agents along with cadaver dogs are searching areas in Caldwell County.

10/22/10 4:00 PM

The team from Hickory Police Department along with NC State Bureau of Investigation Agents, Federal Bureau of Investigation's Evidence Response Team members and Agents and the US Marshal Service completed searching for a piece of evidence in the Foothills Environmental Landfill (Caldwell County Landfill) at approximately 3:00 pm today. The search focused on a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by Zahra's parents sometime during early October, days before Zahra was reported missing.

Investigators hoped to use the mattress to confirm interviews with persons associated with this investigation and to reinforce the timeline. We also hoped it could provide some DNA evidence related to this case.

Our team would like to thank the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office and the Hickory Fire Department for their support efforts with this search. Also, we would like to thank the staff from Foothills Environmental and Republic Services for outstanding cooperation and assistance during this search.

Our team will continue to pursue leads called in to our tip line and go wherever and do whatever we need to find Zahra and bring justice for her.

10/20/2010 10:00 AM

A team from Hickory Police Department along with NC State Bureau of Investigation Agents, Evidence Recovery Team members and Agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and US Marshal Service are searching for a piece of evidence in the Foothills Environmental Landfill (Caldwell County Landfill) located at 2800 Cheraw Road, Lenoir, NC. The search team is being supported by the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office and the Hickory Fire Department.

Media will not be allow on the landfill site and are asked to stage at Caldwell County Sheriff's Office located at 2351 Morganton Boulevard SW Lenoir, NC.

10/19/10

The recording of the 911 call that was made by Adam Baker on October 9, 2010 at 1:58 pm to report his daughter, Zahra Baker missing after it was transferred to the Hickory Police Department's Communication Center.

10/17/10

Canine teams continue to search areas identified by tips and investigator interviews. Investigators continue to seek persons outside family members who saw Zahra after September 25, 2010 and any information that can provide more background details about Zahra and anyone involved with this case.

Over the course of this investigation, so many people and organizations have volunteered their services. Local restaurants have donated food for the investigative team so they do not have to stop to eat and can continue to work on their assignments. Canine teams from in-state as well as one from out of state have covered many acres and properties in this investigation.

With that in mind, Hickory Police Department has been made aware of an organization soliciting funds for Zahra Baker. This group states that one purpose for these funds according to their website is to: "Support the efforts of law enforcement to investigate and prosecute the case surrounding the abduction/homicide of Zahra Claire Baker." Hickory Police Department has not been contacted by this group or has been given any information of their intent for this fund. HPD intends to explore this matter in greater detail without diverting resources from the investigation of Zahra.

An organization that HPD and the investigative team from other LE agencies have been working with is "Team Adam" from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. Team Adam provides rapid, on-site assistance to law enforcement agencies and families in cases of missing, abducted, and exploited children. Its members are retired law-enforcement professionals with years of investigative experience at the federal, state, and local level. Team Adam Consultants rapidly deploy to sites where cases are unfolding, providing on-the-ground technical assistance and connecting local law enforcement with a national network of resources.

Two Team Adam Consultants are currently in Hickory assisting with this case, one consultant has been in Hickory since the second day after the report about Zahra.

10/16/10

Investigators have narrowed the timeline to the last time Zahra was seen by someone other than a family member to September 25, 2010. Police have received more than 200 tips from the public along with many tips that are being called into other agencies and continue to follow-up on each one that is received. Hickory Police continue to ask the public to contact them with any information that would assist with this case.

10/11/10

Hickory Police investigators are working several leads, specifically addressing Zahra's life before she disappeared. Investigators will be interviewing her former teachers at schools in Caldwell Co., NC. The family also lived at several different addresses recently, and investigators will be interviewing those neighbors who may have known the family and Zahra.

As the investigation continues, the Department will do its best to update the media of any significant developments.

We will begin a 3pm briefing each day as the case develops, or until we reach a conclusion to the investigation. If there are more significant developments, we will call an immediate briefing to update media.

10/10/2010

During the day Sunday, Hickory Police investigators gathered surveillance video from businesses near the home of 10-year-old Zahra Clare Baker to put together a better timeline of events leading to her disappearance. Investigators also followed up on a call for service by the Hickory Fire Department at 21 21st Avenue NW, the home where Zahra lives with her parents.

Zahra's step-mother reported her missing Saturday afternoon. Her mother says she last saw Zahra at 2:30 Saturday morning. Elisa Baker was arrested Sunday morning on outstanding charges not related to the disappearance of Zahra. Adam Baker, Zahra's father has also been questioned in this case.

Zahra is about 5'1" tall, weighs about 85 pounds and has short reddish blond hair. She has a prosthetic left leg and is hearing impaired, requiring hearing aids in both ears. Zahra does not have those hearing aids with her.

The Amber Alert will remain in effect for Zahra until she found. The Hickory Police Department is being assisted by the State Bureau of Investigation, US Marshals Service and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. "We are using every available resource we have at our disposal to find Zahra. We are not giving up hope that Zahra will return home safe and sound," said Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins.

If anyone has any information that will assist detectives in finding Zahra, please call the Hickory Police Department at 828-328-5551, or 911.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13392049
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: October 27, 2010, 11:28:14 AM »

<snipped>

THE SEARCH

The Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office posted barricades and deputies at both entrances to Christie Road as investigators combed the area with dog teams.

“We just had to shut the road because it is so narrow down in there,” said B.J. Fore of the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office. “We’re extending the search area. We’re going to be here at least until dark.”

Though access to Tuesday’s site was tightly controlled, Monday’s search location near the intersection of Dudley Shoals Road and Burns Road was not secured.

Investigators had searched along a short dead-end road. The smell of rotting flesh was heavy in the air.

Small flags in the thicket on the southern side of the road marked several rotting deer carcasses. Long jawbones, skulls ribs and vertebrae littered the ground. A hoof and tattered hide lay beside the road.

Trails on the northern side of the road led through a stand of trees to a stone dam where water cascades onto smooth rocks below.

The sound of the rushing water contrasted with the piles of trash and clothes moldering under wet leaves. An orange flag marked a small bone. A pile of rotten boards looked like it had been sifted and dug through in recent days.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/26/11/mattress-found-landfill-ar-485567/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #528 on: October 27, 2010, 11:30:28 AM »

Well that description of the search made me shiver, I've never read such a descriptive search like that before 
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #529 on: October 27, 2010, 11:42:38 AM »

Well that description of the search made me shiver, I've never read such a descriptive search like that before 

Kudos for all LE who have to go through this and do so willingly and thoroughly.  I could not do that job.  My heart and prayers go out to them.  Thanks to all of them.
WesleyBear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #530 on: October 27, 2010, 12:19:52 PM »

Good afternoon everyone...
I have a quick question...The investigators say they found a mattress that follows the description on Zahra's - So I am assuming that her mattress was missing in her house?  Did they ever say that it was missing from her house..and do they have any idea why that would be missing, unless the crime actually happened on the bed?
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #531 on: October 27, 2010, 12:29:23 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and Guest!

Wesley, They took a set of twin mattresses out of the house a week or so ago, but i think they got a tip that AB & EB had thrown a mattress away a few days before Zahra was reported missing. That is my understanding. If I am wrong someone plese correct the info.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: October 27, 2010, 12:30:41 PM »

I have a quick question...The investigators say they found a mattress that follows the description on Zahra's - So I am assuming that her mattress was missing in her house?  Did they ever say that it was missing from her house..and do they have any idea why that would be missing, unless the crime actually happened on the bed?

I believe they know her mattress was REPLACED and the old one thrown out.  What they have now found is the old one that was thrown out.  They removed the new one from the house earlier.
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #533 on: October 27, 2010, 12:31:28 PM »

Nothing new on the noon newscast about Zahra. Just that they are back on Christie rd today. But they are having heavy rains in the area again this afternoon. More severe weather moving in later today.

God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: October 27, 2010, 12:33:36 PM »

Nothing new on the noon newscast about Zahra. Just that they are back on Christie rd today. But they are having heavy rains in the area again this afternoon. More severe weather moving in later today.
Thank-you did they say if Elisa was with them again?
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #535 on: October 27, 2010, 12:37:57 PM »

If AB's family is here from AU does it seem odd to you that they would not bail him out of jail?
If my thinking is correct it would only cost $700?
Tol

I was thinking the same thing ever since his bail was announced. They need to up that so there's no way it's possible for anyone to post.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #536 on: October 27, 2010, 12:39:40 PM »

http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/25535358/detail.html

Some pics of the storm damage in Catawba Co. near Hickory.

God Bless!
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #537 on: October 27, 2010, 12:41:21 PM »

Thank-you did they say if Elisa was with them again?

No they didn't NRCG....Most of the news today is on storm damage from last night. Just that they were searching again today, but from the weather radar it is pouring rain in the search area.

God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: October 27, 2010, 12:41:26 PM »

http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/25535358/detail.html

Some pics of the storm damage in Catawba Co. near Hickory.
Some really bad damage there and so many other states    I'm sure this will hamper the search.
WesleyBear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #539 on: October 27, 2010, 12:41:56 PM »

I believe they know her mattress was REPLACED and the old one thrown out.  What they have now found is the old one that was thrown out.  They removed the new one from the house earlier.

Oh ok....TY!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.