April 27, 2024, 07:29:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #4 10/22/10 - 10/28/10  (Read 148783 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: October 27, 2010, 07:01:29 PM »

sorry,wrong thread.   

Moved to Caylee thread
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: October 27, 2010, 07:03:51 PM »

Any plastic container is somewhat porous over time .  They may have encased her body in a plastic container and then pored cement over it..that would have eliminated much of the smell.

I always take comfort in these cases that God does not leave those facing death in pain. 

Before the final blows were dealt..I believe God in his immense mercy had already spirited her soul away.   I have witnessed this with cancer patients in my own circle of family and friends.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #722 on: October 27, 2010, 07:17:43 PM »

Any plastic container is somewhat porous over time .  They may have encased her body in a plastic container and then pored cement over it..that would have eliminated much of the smell.

I always take comfort in these cases that God does not leave those facing death in pain. 

Before the final blows were dealt..I believe God in his immense mercy had already spirited her soul away.   I have witnessed this with cancer patients in my own circle of family and friends.

You will never know what those words mean to me.
It is a thought I have never had myself nor have I heard it said before.
You have given me immeasurable comfort tonight on so many fronts.
thank you, G DD
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #723 on: October 27, 2010, 07:27:44 PM »

Information provided to investigators led them to prosthetic.  The one they found was laying in a brushy area.  It is consistent with the one Zahra wore.  It was not buried.  Information lead them to current search....he then walked out
This poor poor little girl....She probabaly never knew what it was to live a normal happy life.  I pray she is finally happy and peaceful now!

Most merciful God, we sit here stunned . . . realizing what a creature that breaths has done to one of your precious children.  We had hoped we were wrong, but we were not.  Father, I know there are people who have known and love Zahra.  We ask for you to blanket them with your comfort and your peace.  Lord I believe you have saved this child from an earthly life of horror.  I believe you provided the escape for her spirit to leave her body and be returned to you and in your abundant grace have made her whole.  For this we praise you.
Be with LE, the searchers and everyone who has given so much of themselves for Zahra.  Help us to learn from these horrid people . . . every child belongs to us all and help us to have renewed courage to speak with them and for them.
Be with the Monkeys here . . . we have learned to love our neighbors around the world.  We give you thanks.  Amen and Amen.

What a beautiful prayer.  I believe you spoke for all of us here.  I think this case tops the most disgusting , heartfelt and hurtful of them all.  I just cannot fathom any of this!  It's beyond my comprehension.  But you are right, God took his child to save her from a lifetime of suffering. 

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #724 on: October 27, 2010, 07:31:25 PM »

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x463/ZeeBee1234/

Pictures of the house/search from SherlockHomey a local from WS. (thank you)

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: October 27, 2010, 07:31:58 PM »

You will never know what those words mean to me.
It is a thought I have never had myself nor have I heard it said before.
You have given me immeasurable comfort tonight on so many fronts.
thank you, G DD

GypsyDD -- I too have witnessed such mercy.  I am a firm believer the final blows were a body that no longer house Zahra.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #726 on: October 27, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »

Information provided to investigators led them to prosthetic.  The one they found was laying in a brushy area.  It is consistent with the one Zahra wore.  It was not buried.  Information lead them to current search....he then walked out
This poor poor little girl....She probabaly never knew what it was to live a normal happy life.  I pray she is finally happy and peaceful now!

Most merciful God, we sit here stunned . . . realizing what a creature that breaths has done to one of your precious children.  We had hoped we were wrong, but we were not.  Father, I know there are people who have known and love Zahra.  We ask for you to blanket them with your comfort and your peace.  Lord I believe you have saved this child from an earthly life of horror.  I believe you provided the escape for her spirit to leave her body and be returned to you and in your abundant grace have made her whole.  For this we praise you.
Be with LE, the searchers and everyone who has given so much of themselves for Zahra.  Help us to learn from these horrid people . . . every child belongs to us all and help us to have renewed courage to speak with them and for them.
Be with the Monkeys here . . . we have learned to love our neighbors around the world.  We give you thanks.  Amen and Amen.

What a beautiful prayer.  I believe you spoke for all of us here.  I think this case tops the most disgusting , heartfelt and hurtful of them all.  I just cannot fathom any of this!  It's beyond my comprehension.  But you are right, God took his child to save her from a lifetime of suffering. 
Dihannah, I have started a couple times to write in Sandra Cantu's thread -- asking her to greet this special child with warm hugs and to help teach her how to skip in joy.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #727 on: October 27, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »

Thanks for all those pictures. I would think that if she was under in that crawl space somebody in the neighborhood would have noticed a horrible odor  This is going to sound really dumb, but if they dug a hole and covered her remains with soil, would there also be a horrible odor, just not as much?

I use hydrated lime in my rabbitry and hog pen to keep down odor. It is also used in outhouses and along road sides and on farms over dead animals to keep the smell down. You can get it at any farm supply store. Gosh, I feel creepy typing this.
Thank-you, I don't know any of this stuff, and wonder if dad and stepmom would 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: October 27, 2010, 07:43:33 PM »

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x463/ZeeBee1234/

Pictures of the house/search from SherlockHomey a local from WS. (thank you)
Thank-you
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #729 on: October 27, 2010, 07:56:12 PM »

Dihannah, I have started a couple times to write in Sandra Cantu's thread -- asking her to greet this special child with warm hugs and to help teach her how to skip in joy.

Sister, you should.  This encompesses all these horrid cases against children and adults alike.  Its truly is beautiful!  God Bless you!

pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #730 on: October 27, 2010, 07:57:02 PM »

So, someone (sorry, can't remember who) said that the house has a crawl space. Judging by the pics that pink angel posted a link for, it looks like a basement. The right side of the house appears to be much taller. JMO.

Also, if Zahra or even evidence was buried earlier this month, wouldn't the spot be obvious? Would the ground have settled and grass grown back that quickly? I don't even know where I'm going with this, I just find it so very odd. The fact that they are using a backhoe seems strange as well. I think if they were searching the yard for her, they would have used the sonar (like they used for Miranda Gaddis & Ashley Pond). If they use a backhoe, they risk disturbing/destroying her remains which could potentially hold valuable evidence. I just can't figure out what else it could be that they are looking for.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #731 on: October 27, 2010, 08:03:36 PM »

I can only pray that Natalee is taking care of all these little one's, greeting them at the holy gates, with open arms.  There are just so many it makes me physically ill.  But we all know there is a special place for these innocent's.

Natalee is a special angel and has them and sharing the glories of heaven.  I have to believe that.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #732 on: October 27, 2010, 08:06:41 PM »

I've been mostly lurking in this thread because of the pain that this poor child has gone through from the evil SM ( I really don't like the word "mom" put in that acronym because she's not a mom). I just can't fathom a human being doing anything but love this sweet girl. Zahra was the epitome of an angelic soul.

This person, and I hesitate to call her human, beat that poor child when all Zahra wanted to do was live. She wanted to survive cancer and be a child, that's all she wanted. Is that too much to ask?

EB and AB have deprived her of a life that took away her dreams. She wanted to live! I can envision her dreaming in her room thinking about meeting new friends, perhaps growing up to be an advocate for children trying to survive cancer, meeting a wonderful man and having children that she would cherish. But now, that's not going to happen because of the evil sperm donor and his evil wife.

This just sickens me to death. When is this crap going to end? Why do the innocent have to die from the hands of these evil people? 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: October 27, 2010, 08:12:36 PM »

So, someone (sorry, can't remember who) said that the house has a crawl space. Judging by the pics that pink angel posted a link for, it looks like a basement. The right side of the house appears to be much taller. JMO.

Also, if Zahra or even evidence was buried earlier this month, wouldn't the spot be obvious? Would the ground have settled and grass grown back that quickly? I don't even know where I'm going with this, I just find it so very odd. The fact that they are using a backhoe seems strange as well. I think if they were searching the yard for her, they would have used the sonar (like they used for Miranda Gaddis & Ashley Pond). If they use a backhoe, they risk disturbing/destroying her remains which could potentially hold valuable evidence. I just can't figure out what else it could be that they are looking for.
You would sure think so, you would be able to tell that the ground had been dug. They have Zahra's mattress and leg so they must be looking for something else besides her remains. And just can't figure out what it may be.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: October 27, 2010, 08:25:25 PM »

Prosthesis found on Christie Road
Hickory police investigating to see if it belongs to Zahra.

HICKORY --
Hickory police found a prosthetic leg in the brush off Christie Road in Caldwell County Tuesday.

The leg was found just before dark. Law enforcement had closed off a portion of the road to search along it for several hours. Christie Road runs off of Deal Mill Road.

In a news conference Wednesday, Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins said he is working to confirm if the prosthesis belonged to 10-year-old Zahra Baker, who has been missing since Oct. 9. Zahra lost her lower left leg to cancer and has a prosthesis.

“There is a serial number on the inside cover of the prosthesis,” Adkins said. “(Zahra's) prosthesis was initially fitted in Australia.”

Hickory Police Department is working with Australia authorities to confirm what the serial number is on Zahra's prosthesis.

The prosthesis was not buried, but found in a brushy area, Adkins said. It was not mixed in with other trash.

Adkins said information that was provided led a search team to the site on Christie Road. However, when questioned as to whether the information came from Elisa Baker, Zahra’s stepmother, Adkins sidestepped the question.

“I cannot confirm that,” he said.

Adkins said that he hopes the investigation will be resolved soon.

“We will continue to follow every lead,” he said. “We hope to come to some type of conclusion and bring peace to Zahra.”

Investigators returned to Christie Road to continue their search Wednesday, but didn’t find anything new.

Other information Wednesday led Hickory police and SBI investigators to another familiar location: the Baker home on 21st Street, NW. Investigators arrived at about 11:45 a.m. Adkins would not comment on what they are searching for, saying only that additional information has led them back to the house.

However, they searched diligently around the house, starting first on the side closest to the neighborhood, initially using rakes to dig an area about 10-feet by 10-feet. The rakes were abandoned and a backhoe was brought in. The backhoe was moved around to the other side of the house, near Clark Tire, and searched between the tree line and the house. The search was then moved to the back of the house. The digging seemed to focus on areas with mulch, rather than dirt. The holes that were dug didn’t go much deeper than about 1.5 feet.

Investigators have searched several locations for Zahra, most of them centered around former homes the Bakers have lived at. They have also searched where Adam was employed in Morganton. On Tuesday, an employee at Foothills Environmental landfill found a mattress police consider key to the case. The mattress likely has DNA evidence investigators have been searching for.

Zahra was first reported missing on Oct. 9 by her father, Adam Baker, although Hickory police believe she’s been missing longer than that. Zahra, a cancer survivor, lost her lower left leg to the disease, as well as part of her hearing. Her prosthetic leg was not found at the home when she was reported missing, but her two hearing aids were. Zahra was last seen by someone outside of the family on Sept. 25 at In Your Home Furnishings in Hickory. Zahra was in the store with her stepmother, Elisa.

Police initially called Zahra’s disappearance a missing persons case. On Oct. 12, that was changed to a homicide investigation.

Elisa, 42, is currently in jail for writing a false ransom note, in which she demanded $1 million. Police charged Elisa with obstruction of justice. They also arrested her on several other charges unrelated to Zahra’s disappearance.

Adam, 33, was arrested Monday for nine charges, most of them for worthless checks. His bond was $7,000. Late Wednesday afternoon, Adam bonded out of jail.

Anyone with information about Zahra’s disappearance is asked to call the Hickory Police Department at 328-5551.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/27/16/prosthesis-found-christie-road-ar-488386/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: October 27, 2010, 08:27:32 PM »

I think they are looking for Zahra's body.  She was buried in a shallow grave and then they put a pile of wood chips over her IMO from reading the last article.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: October 27, 2010, 08:29:21 PM »

However, they searched diligently around the house, starting first on the side closest to the neighborhood, initially using rakes to dig an area about 10-feet by 10-feet. The rakes were abandoned and a backhoe was brought in. The backhoe was moved around to the other side of the house, near Clark Tire, and searched between the tree line and the house. The search was then moved to the back of the house. The digging seemed to focus on areas with mulch, rather than dirt. The holes that were dug didn’t go much deeper than about 1.5 feet.     I just don't think the police would be so rough if they thought Zahra's remains were in tack. Could it be that they burned her and perhaps they are looking for scrapes of clothes, teeth and bone. 
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #737 on: October 27, 2010, 08:32:46 PM »

Will AB be allowed to go back to the house where they are digging since he is out?  Wonder if he already moved some critical evidence out.  Anybody know??
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #738 on: October 27, 2010, 08:33:01 PM »

OMG, I have such a bad feeling that they mutilated her body and buried her remains.  I remember one article that said they sold split wood from the home.  I am not sure it can get worse than this.

I am feeling the same way as you. Why the need to separate her from the leg? WTH? I am not sure I want to know though

Tears falling like rain for Zahra.  What is wrong with these crazy people?

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #739 on: October 27, 2010, 08:33:02 PM »

This case is one of the most, if not the most sad I have ever followed. Poor child lived HELL on earth from those she lived with after battling cancer, only to battle the one fight she couldn't win. Thanks sister for the prayer  an angelic monkey

I do wonder if they could have buried her under the fire pit (remember the Maria Lauterbach case, also in NC). IIRC that would control the smell since the ......well, I can't even post it but she'd be burned and buried thus the smell might not be as strong??

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.