April 28, 2024, 08:43:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #4 10/22/10 - 10/28/10  (Read 148830 times)
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: October 27, 2010, 10:31:17 PM »

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x463/ZeeBee1234/

Pictures of the house/search from SherlockHomey a local from WS. (thank you)
Repeat of the description of their search at the home, to go along with these photos, from Hickory Record article posted earlier.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/27/16/prosthesis-found-christie-road-ar-488386/
Prosthesis found on Christie Road
<snipped>

Investigators arrived at about 11:45 a.m. Adkins would not comment on what they are searching for, saying only that additional information has led them back to the house.

However, they searched diligently around the house, starting first on the side closest to the neighborhood, initially using rakes to dig an area about 10-feet by 10-feet. The rakes were abandoned and a backhoe was brought in. The backhoe was moved around to the other side of the house, near Clark Tire, and searched between the tree line and the house. The search was then moved to the back of the house. The digging seemed to focus on areas with mulch, rather than dirt. The holes that were dug didn’t go much deeper than about 1.5 feet.
<snipped>

I like Chief Adkins.  IMO, he seems to genuinely care about this child.  They have all worked so very hard for Zahra, and continue to do so.  Bless his heart, and all who are working to find her and to find the truth. 

Justice for Zahra.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: October 27, 2010, 10:38:36 PM »

These people were desperate to cover this crime up.

Even though we all had hope this child would be found alive and safe, I think we all knew this was going to have a very bad outcome.

There are sick, cruel people in this world. 

The warning signs were there apparently for AB and EB which is what makes this so hard.  Had someone interviened, this situation may have been avoided.

Capt. Adkins said in the presser the prosthetic leg was fitted in Australia.  That means this child wasn't refitted for a new leg in the last 2-3 years(?), at least as long as she's been in the USA.

I don't think Zahra would fit in clothing from 2-3 years ago.

This makes me sick. 

I wonder what AB's mother and brother are thinking now.  Since he just got out of jail earlier today, this will be the first time they can actually have privacy and talk to him.  I sure hope he is under surveillance. 

Why was this man NOT considered a flight risk???
I agree with MK that the implications are disturbing, regarding Zahra's prosthesis being the old one from Australia.  Implications of cruelty and serious neglect on the part of AB an EB, and implications of senseless suffering endured by little Zahra.  What kind of fiends are these people?  It's unthinkable.

So many folks could have intervened and helped Zahra, but they did not.  They will have to live with the consequences forever.  Please, everyone everywhere... in the name of Zahra, and in honor and memory of her, please... if you know or suspect any child is being mistreated -- stand up for that child.  Do something now, before it is too late.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #782 on: October 27, 2010, 10:40:54 PM »

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x463/ZeeBee1234/

Pictures of the house/search from SherlockHomey a local from WS. (thank you)
**Snipped:

I like Chief Adkins.  IMO, he seems to genuinely care about this child.  They have all worked so very hard for Zahra, and continue to do so.  Bless his heart, and all who are working to find her and to find the truth. 

Justice for Zahra.

I like him also.  They have done a terrific job with this case. 

This goes to show they don't have to keep things too close to the vest to solve a case.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #783 on: October 27, 2010, 10:49:51 PM »

These people were desperate to cover this crime up.

Even though we all had hope this child would be found alive and safe, I think we all knew this was going to have a very bad outcome.

There are sick, cruel people in this world. 

The warning signs were there apparently for AB and EB which is what makes this so hard.  Had someone interviened, this situation may have been avoided.

Capt. Adkins said in the presser the prosthetic leg was fitted in Australia.  That means this child wasn't refitted for a new leg in the last 2-3 years(?), at least as long as she's been in the USA.

I don't think Zahra would fit in clothing from 2-3 years ago.

This makes me sick. 

I wonder what AB's mother and brother are thinking now.  Since he just got out of jail earlier today, this will be the first time they can actually have privacy and talk to him.  I sure hope he is under surveillance. 

Why was this man NOT considered a flight risk???

My heart just hurts knowing that this precious child was not fitted for a new leg in years.
That , in itself, is just so hurtfull.  I am sure some charity would have been happy to give this child a leg.
I would love to know if these animals were collecting some kind of disability check every month for this child. (If they were I am sure that they did not spend a penny on her) I would also like to know if any teacher noticed that Zahra had outgrown her prosthetic leg.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: October 27, 2010, 10:50:24 PM »

I am sorry, I got in the quote box.

Party in the Box~ 

Honestly MK I need a drink after all these thoughts.   
::
In fact I need everything I can get to erase them.  monkeywine2::

Banana~

Try not to mix too many  with 

Otherwise--->

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: October 27, 2010, 11:07:45 PM »

Party in the Box~ 

Banana~

Otherwise--->

I know, I know but this is making me sick before I ever even take a drink!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: October 27, 2010, 11:12:57 PM »

Party in the Box~ 

Banana~

Otherwise--->

I know, I know but this is making me sick before I ever even take a drink!

I know it.  might do you some good!

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: October 27, 2010, 11:27:37 PM »

Sleep is what I need and I hope it is dreamless.......

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: October 27, 2010, 11:37:12 PM »

Search of the Baker home on 10-25-10.

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x463/ZeeBee1234/Zahra%20House%20evening%20102510/?start=60

Seems as though the police are checking the home with luminol.

Crime scene investigators regularly use a substance called luminol at potential violent crime scenes. The luminol substance bonds with any traces of blood that may have been on surfaces such as walls, ceilings, floors, and even furniture. After spraying the room with luminol, crime scene investigators turn off the lights and use a black light. The black light causes luminol that has bonded with blood traces to glow.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6307578_professions-black-lights-used-in_.html

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: October 27, 2010, 11:38:02 PM »

Ooops!  Sorry it's so big!  Just posted the link!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: October 27, 2010, 11:47:27 PM »

Hickory police: Search crews found prosthetic leg

HICKORY, N.C. -- Adam Baker, father to missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker, left jail at 5 p.m. Wednesday night after a bond agency posted his $5,000 bond.

Baker had been in jail on several charges of passing bad checks. He was not accused in his daughter's disapperance--a search police call a homicide investigation.

Also Wednesday, investigators announced they found a prosthetic leg they believe could be Zahra's. Crews found the child-size prosthesis during a search of a wooded area off Christie Road in Caldwell County on Tuesday afternoon. They say they do not know for certain if it was the little girl's and they are working to get a serial number from the manufacturer.

Police say the prosthetic leg was not buried but was found in some brush.

Also on Tuesday, Hickory police confirmed that they had seized a mattress found at the Caldwell County landfill that fits the description of one they were looking for in connection with Zahra's disappearance. Police say employees at the landfill discovered the mattress in the area that was searched by officials last week. Police are now testing it for DNA.

Wednesday, investigators armed with shovels and a backhoe returned to the small house in Hickory where the search first began for 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

As many as a dozen officers and crime scene technicians roped off the front and back yards of the house.

They began digging near a wood pile just off the driveway, then dug at least two other holes with the backhoe in the back yard. Investigators using rakes carefully combed through the dirt as it was turned over.

At one point the digging stopped and everyone stood back while one investigator retrieved a small object from one of the holes. That item was placed in an evidence bag the size of a grocery bag and was placed in a crime scone van.

During a news conference, Hickory police would only say that they had new information that took them back to the house.

They would not say where the information came from but police have confirmed that Elisa Baker, Zahra's stepmother, is now cooperating in the investigation.

Elisa Baker was arrested on charges unrelated to the 10-year-old's disappearance on Oct. 10. The following day she was charged with obstruction of justice for allegedly writing a fake ransom note to confuse investigators. She is still in jail.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Hickory-police--105899483.html
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #791 on: October 27, 2010, 11:55:27 PM »

Hickory police: Search crews found prosthetic leg

HICKORY, N.C. -- Adam Baker, father to missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker, left jail at 5 p.m. Wednesday night after a bond agency posted his $5,000 bond.

Baker had been in jail on several charges of passing bad checks. He was not accused in his daughter's disapperance--a search police call a homicide investigation.

Also Wednesday, investigators announced they found a prosthetic leg they believe could be Zahra's. Crews found the child-size prosthesis during a search of a wooded area off Christie Road in Caldwell County on Tuesday afternoon. They say they do not know for certain if it was the little girl's and they are working to get a serial number from the manufacturer.

Police say the prosthetic leg was not buried but was found in some brush.

Also on Tuesday, Hickory police confirmed that they had seized a mattress found at the Caldwell County landfill that fits the description of one they were looking for in connection with Zahra's disappearance. Police say employees at the landfill discovered the mattress in the area that was searched by officials last week. Police are now testing it for DNA.

Wednesday, investigators armed with shovels and a backhoe returned to the small house in Hickory where the search first began for 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

As many as a dozen officers and crime scene technicians roped off the front and back yards of the house.

They began digging near a wood pile just off the driveway, then dug at least two other holes with the backhoe in the back yard. Investigators using rakes carefully combed through the dirt as it was turned over.

At one point the digging stopped and everyone stood back while one investigator retrieved a small object from one of the holes. That item was placed in an evidence bag the size of a grocery bag and was placed in a crimehttp://apps.facebook.com/onthefarm/giftaccept.php?senderId=100001265811943&gift=socialplumbingmysterygift&timestamp=1288167180&ref=gift_accept_recentlyPlayed&key=4f86f3aae3cc742c7d8f35b8fde3018b%24%24ccF(NURV*4kzO,ZULNW8T_c!1PEZMc(IInMDgDJdcKDZ-3GoRa...1mKSto7LL,jzcARIVVJEAMV-A0bVlZYbVFB&signature=c1448956a5b1bcbf1982fd1e9e4f4d1a&srcapp=FarmVille van.

During a news conference, Hickory police would only say that they had new information that took them back to the house.

They would not say where the information came from but police have confirmed that Elisa Baker, Zahra's stepmother, is now cooperating in the investigation.

Elisa Baker was arrested on charges unrelated to the 10-year-old's disappearance on Oct. 10. The following day she was charged with obstruction of justice for allegedly writing a fake ransom note to confuse investigators. She is still in jail.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Hickory-police--105899483.html

Although there is nothing at all amusing in this tragic case...my emotions are so all over the page...I saw this(BBM) and laughed.  Maybe a simple spelling error was  what I needed, since I am out of my wine coolers.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #792 on: October 27, 2010, 11:56:42 PM »

???  I tried to bold the section that said "crime  scone van...what did I do?

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #793 on: October 28, 2010, 12:21:34 AM »

This is beyond comprehension.   I have been reading this site for what seems like years.  Yet, here I am crying.  It is not as if I thought things would turn out differently...it's just the most sickening feeling in my stomach.  This baby made it through so much....made it through with a smile on her face, even while being in a strange country without a protector.

I have been out all evening and just returned to read an update.  I cannot bring myself to say what they found.  The first thing that came to mind was "the bast...d".  He knew.  All this time, he knew.  That baby never moved with them.  He knew.

How could he continue with his wife in jail?  Didn't he know she would not go down alone?  This does not make sense....but then again, what does?

I read a bumper sticker on my way home tonight that read "stop bitc...g and start a revolution".  I want a revolution for physically abused, neglectled and emotionally abused children. 

Terri

The police have confirmed that Zahra did make the move to the new house.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: October 28, 2010, 12:24:16 AM »

This is beyond comprehension.   I have been reading this site for what seems like years.  Yet, here I am crying.  It is not as if I thought things would turn out differently...it's just the most sickening feeling in my stomach.  This baby made it through so much....made it through with a smile on her face, even while being in a strange country without a protector.

I have been out all evening and just returned to read an update.  I cannot bring myself to say what they found.  The first thing that came to mind was "the bast...d".  He knew.  All this time, he knew.  That baby never moved with them.  He knew.

How could he continue with his wife in jail?  Didn't he know she would not go down alone?  This does not make sense....but then again, what does?

I read a bumper sticker on my way home tonight that read "stop bitc...g and start a revolution".  I want a revolution for physically abused, neglectled and emotionally abused children. 

Terri

I suspected that all along.

Have a link for that? I have not seen that published yet.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #795 on: October 28, 2010, 12:28:45 AM »

Terri

Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police on Thursday that Zahra, did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills in Caldwell County...

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #796 on: October 28, 2010, 12:29:02 AM »

Terri

Brandi~

I've seen it as well.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #797 on: October 28, 2010, 12:32:09 AM »

Terri

Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police on Thursday that Zahra, did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills in Caldwell County...

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html
Thank you!

an angelic monkey

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: October 28, 2010, 12:49:12 AM »

Published reports Thursday said police believe Zahra moved with her family to Hickory during the summer and was seen as recently as mid-September.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/15/1758012/missing-girl-now-believed-to-be.html#ixzz13cravF82

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #799 on: October 28, 2010, 01:04:47 AM »

Does anyone have photos of the Baker yard prior to their move out or police tearing it up?  specifically, I want to know the relationship of where the dogs were to the driveway.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.