April 28, 2024, 12:23:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #4 10/22/10 - 10/28/10  (Read 148811 times)
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2010, 08:13:20 PM »

What do you suppose they bought with the $5.00 left out of Adam's paycheck?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2010, 08:20:52 PM »

Lottery tickets

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2010, 08:21:40 PM »

A couple of gallons of gas for they're backyard burns?
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2010, 09:05:37 PM »

I was thinking either some "Ripple" or some M/D 2020 (Mad Dog 2020)!

pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2010, 10:13:04 PM »

$5 crack rock?!?!?

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2010, 10:35:44 PM »

mk nice can i make it a bumper stik for my car

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2010, 10:40:19 PM »

whoops forgot
6oo$ a month at min, if min is 7.25$ works out to 82.75hr
sounds part time,full time 40hr wk,4wks= 1160$ b4 taxes

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2010, 11:18:54 PM »

I bet Baker was being paid in cash and that it was a lot more than he is claiming.
 Just think of all the money that was spent on gothwomans hair dye.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2010, 01:29:35 AM »

I don't recall who it was in this thread who was talking about the movie "The Lovely Bones" but I just watched it and this movie just tore me up.  All I can think about is this horrible evil man in this movie is just like the people who keep disappearing all these beautiful children.... I sobbed after the movie was over and my husband cried as well.  This is a REAL horror movie and I am afraid I will be thinking of it for a long time to come.  God, please protect our children from these evil monsters..... 

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2010, 01:49:50 AM »

I don't recall who it was in this thread who was talking about the movie "The Lovely Bones" but I just watched it and this movie just tore me up.  All I can think about is this horrible evil man in this movie is just like the people who keep disappearing all these beautiful children.... I sobbed after the movie was over and my husband cried as well.  This is a REAL horror movie and I am afraid I will be thinking of it for a long time to come.  God, please protect our children from these evil monsters..... 

Deenie was talking about that movie a while back, maybe Sebastian too? 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2010, 01:57:37 AM »

Zahra Baker Fund
Give, and you will receive. A large quantity, pressed together, shaken
down, and running over will be put into your pocket. The standards you
use for others will be applied to you. Luke 6:38 (God's Word Translation) As you worship today, pray for Zahra that she will be found and will be at peace. We are looking for 1000 people to stand up for Zahra today and donate $10 (or more) each.
29 minutes ago ·

Zahra Baker Fund
You can give securely online at www.zahrabaker.com or by calling the Zahra Baker Line (1-828-XXX-XXXX) Between 2pm and 11pm. All donations are managed by Spiritual Counseling Network, a registered Non-profit corporation in North Carolina.
27 minutes ago ·

Zahra Baker Fund
If you would like to verify our non-profit status, call in with your gift on one our staff can walk you through verifying our Non-profit status with the State of North Secretary of State prior to making your donation. Help us reach our $10,000.00 Goal today! It's all for Zahra and her Legacy!
25 minutes ago ·

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Zahra-Baker-Fund/166816933330909
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2010, 02:02:10 AM »

Investigators tight-lipped as search continues

Saturday marked the 15th day spent searching for 10-year-old Zahra Baker. She has not been found.

The Hickory Police Department has been at the forefront of the effort to find the girl and discover what happened to her. They’ve been assisted by multiple agencies including the FBI, the U.S. Marshal’s service, the Burke and Caldwell county sheriffs’ offices in what has been called a homicide investigation since Oct. 12 – four days after her father reported her missing.

Hickory police did not respond to requests for a status update on the ongoing investigation Saturday, and it is not clear if the investigation has stalled.

A three-day search of the Foothills Environmental landfill in Lenoir for a mattress belonging to Zahra failed to turn up any evidence and was cancelled Friday.

Zarha’s stepmother, Elisa Baker, remains in the Catawba County jail under a $97,200 secured bond. She was charged with obstruction of justice following her Oct. 12 confession to investigators that she’d written a fake ransom note demanding $1 million. She also has been charged with more than a dozen additional crimes unrelated to Zarha’s disappearance stemming from nine arrest warrants served on Oct. 10.

Attorney Scott Reilly is representing Baker on her current charges. North Carolina’s Indigent Defense Services division provisionally assigned Attorney Lisa Dubs to the case in anticipation of possible murder charges against Baker.

Zahra’s father, Adam Baker, continues to cooperate with law enforcement as they search for his daughter.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/24/investigators-tight-lipped-search-continues-ar-479124/
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2010, 09:11:48 AM »

Good morning Monkeys.

I could be wrong, but I thought when she was first arrested E listed $599 of her own income as disability income.   Then maybe she is claiming half of Adams income each month from the tree business .

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2010, 09:37:34 AM »

I saw that too about her disability income.
I think given the low income that the house and the use of the vehicle for Adam's work is taken off the top as an emplyee benefit in lieu of the wage.
Even with that, adding her disabilty and his wages and food stamps in is about what ? 1,000 a month ? There were two vehicles, Elisa's and Adam's work vehicle.
Not enough money there is there ?
Thta other lawyer visiting her worries me.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2010, 12:56:07 PM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/24/1783096/lawyer-known-for-murder-cases.html

Lawyer known for murder cases assigned to Elisa Baker
Lisa Dubs may be on defense team if missing girl's stepmother is charged with murder.

By Richard Gould
Hickory Daily Record
Posted: Sunday, Oct. 24, 2010

HICKORY Zahra Baker's stepmother has been in the Catawba County jail since Oct. 10, and she's had frequent visits from three people: her attorney, Scott Reilly; lawyer Lisa Dubs; and private investigator Steve Elhers.

Police say Elisa Baker admitted writing a bogus ransom note found at the scene of a fire in the family's backyard on the day 10-year-old Zahra was reported missing.

Dubs confirmed Friday that she has been assigned to Baker's case as provisional counsel. According to court records, Dubs' role is to "conduct a preliminary investigation, determine if the defendant is indigent and needs appointed counsel, and protect the defendant's rights pending appointment of trial counsel."

North Carolina's Indigent Defense Services director and capital defender, Robert Hurley, assigned Dubs to Baker's case Monday.

Dubs is well-known for defending high-profile murder suspects, and her website describes her specialties as "capital murder cases and serious felonies."

She is one of about 10 Catawba lawyers permitted to defend clients facing the death penalty.

Even though Baker has not been charged with murder, the case has gained nationwide attention. Hurley decided it was appropriate to appoint Dubs because of the likelihood that Baker will eventually be charged with murder, Dubs said.

Reilly was appointed to defend Baker on an assortment of charges unrelated to Zahra's disappearance and the obstruction of justice charge that followed Baker's confession to police that she'd written a fake ransom note demanding $1million.

Reilly will continue to represent her on those charges, and if Baker is charged with murder and the state pursues the death penalty, it's possible he and Dubs will defend Baker jointly.

"Scott and I have tried capital cases together before," Dubs said. "Scott already knows a lot about the case, and we're going to do whatever's best for the client."

On the affidavit of indigence that accompanied her request for a court-appointed attorney, Baker listed her monthly household income as $600 from husband Adam Baker's job at Real Tree Services, and $200 from additional income such as food stamps or child support.

On Friday, investigators said they had found no clues to the missing girl's whereabouts after a three-day search of a landfill in Lenoir. Crime Stoppers from four counties announced they are offering a $4,000 reward for information on the case.

Police have said they believe Zahra is dead and are investigating the case as a homicide.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2010, 01:16:46 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and Guest!

I think LE must have a pretty strong case for the courts to be assigning Elisa a capital murder lawyer before she is even charged with murder.

I think it would be a good idea for LE to have someone checking out old logging roads and dirt roads in the areas where they have lived or Adam has worked. Around here that is where you will find illegal dump sites. Also under bridges on country roads.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2010, 03:49:06 PM »

The fact that she wrote the Ransom Note is the most damning piece of evidence- self incriminating. The dogs alerting in their vehicles, witness statements from people who saw the abuse and failed to report it- so it must not have been too bad, will be according to the defense.
They're going to try and get that confession thrown out-she was on medication for her disability or was due her medication or something. No body, no mattress. I hope the police get a tip or a break in this case. They do seem dedicated to solving this.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2010, 05:05:48 PM »

It is beyond appalling how these imbeciles time and time again baffle LE.
It's obvious AB is uneducated, so what kind of job did he think he was going to be getting moving to the states?
Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that when you live in a country that has medical care for your sick, cancer- stricken child, and you don't have too many prospects in the job market, you stay put. Why did he move to the US? Why didn't that step monster stay on in Australia? None of this makes any sense.

Time to start treating the perps the same way they treated their victims.
I hope step monster is getting her azz kicked every day non-stop in jail.
I hope they're starving her.

BTW, the book The Lovely Bones beats the movie hands-down.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
crazybabyborg
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2010, 07:19:27 PM »

For whatever it's worth, these income statistics for Hickory were from the 2000 census.

The median income for a household in the city was $37,236, and the median income for a family was $47,522. Males had a median income of $31,486 versus $23,666 for females. The per capita income for the city was $23,263. About 8.4% of families and 11.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 14.8% of those under age 18 and 7.0% of those age 65 or over.

364,759 people live within 25 miles (40 km) of Hickory; 1.8 million people within 50 miles (80 km) of Hickory

I'm familiar with Hickory. Most all of the furniture I have came from buying trips to the Hickory/Lenoir area. There used to be a large furniture manufacturing industry and distribution there. It was home to huge showrooms where you could save a lot of money on high end furniture and custom order upholstered pieces to have directly shipped to your door. The manufacturing has dwindled down to a small fraction of what it used to be when the plants moved out of the country to avoid Union Labor. I would bet that jobs are harder to find, and rental properties go for less. It's a beautiful area, but it has to be feeling the impact of loosing the bulk of the furniture base it once had.

I share the frustration with this case and agree that it just boggles my mind how stupid people can effectively thwart Law Enforcement efforts to solve their crimes. There are a lot of rural, wooded areas in Hickory and it must seem like looking for a needle in a haystack. I'd be cutting off a finger a day until Elisa decided she has something to say. Prayers for Zahra. May she finally be whole and happy and loved. May she be experiencing the childhood now she was deprived of on earth.

And may those responsible for her torment pay dearly for what they've done!
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2010, 08:05:04 PM »

The fact that she wrote the Ransom Note is the most damning piece of evidence- self incriminating. The dogs alerting in their vehicles, witness statements from people who saw the abuse and failed to report it- so it must not have been too bad, will be according to the defense.
They're going to try and get that confession thrown out-she was on medication for her disability or was due her medication or something. No body, no mattress. I hope the police get a tip or a break in this case. They do seem dedicated to solving this.

Oh do they mean Oxycontin ..or other drugs, there must be a long list

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.