April 28, 2024, 12:06:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #4 10/22/10 - 10/28/10  (Read 148809 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #920 on: October 28, 2010, 04:12:07 PM »

I have been trying to figure out the need to put the prothetic leg somewhere that it could be found, they didn't even bury it. But why would they even separate her from the leg? Was it because they wanted to make it look like the "kidnappers" took her to that area? Who lives in that area? were they trying to set somebody up for this?

Searchers found the leg at a home where Zahra's stepmother once lived, Hickory Police Maj. Clyde Deal said.

The prosthetic leg was discovered Tuesday afternoon near some brush in Caldwell County near the home. Deal said the family lived at several locations in the county and that he wasn't sure how long ago they occupied that house.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39896113/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

It says they found it near the home, was it on the property of the home? Does someone live there now? Strange they would choose that location.

I read an article (sorry cannot find it right now that they found it at a home where Elisa used to live.

Also read in another that it was found at a home in the search area.

I'll look for the quotes.

North Carolina authorities are investigating a prosthetic leg they found Wednesday near a home where Zahra Baker's stepmother used to live.

Read more: http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/10/28/prosthetic-leg-found-dad-released-on-bail/#ixzz13gc2zytW

It's somewhere she lived before Adam was in the picture.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: October 28, 2010, 04:13:38 PM »

wow, i cant believe the difference of having her little picture in the bottom corner as they r digging makes on me, compared to other searching photos
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #922 on: October 28, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »

For what it is worth, I just had HLN news on a couple minutes ago, and the lady was talking to a lady from Nancy Grace's show. She is on the property of the Bakers and she said the leg was found in a dumping ground, people drive by and throw their garbage there, it is not legal to do, and she said something about a fence being there. So I don't know if she is right or not, and can't remember her name, except she works for NG.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: October 28, 2010, 04:15:12 PM »

wow, i cant believe the difference of having her little picture in the bottom corner as they r digging makes on me, compared to other searching photos

Yes I know   
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #924 on: October 28, 2010, 04:15:34 PM »

SherlockHomey's new pictures from this afternoon. Thank you SH!

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x463/ZeeBee1234/Zahra%20102810%20afternoon/

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #925 on: October 28, 2010, 04:16:27 PM »

Hickory Police Chief now at the house talking with investigators.

http://twitpic.com/31mkfa

It looked to me like they were lifting something.  I would have thought praying, too, but they are far apart, and their backs are bent like they are lifting.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #926 on: October 28, 2010, 04:19:08 PM »

Thanks for the responses. Doesn't it seem it was an intentional move to put the leg there? So it makes me wonder if they tried to set someone up for this? perhaps it will somehow lead to where she is.
I don't know, it just sounds like such a stupid plan these two came up with. The fire, the 911 call, getting rid of the matress, placing the prosthetic leg some place, would the stupidity continue by burying her in the backyard of their rental home? Sorry having a hard time thinking stupid I guess.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #927 on: October 28, 2010, 04:23:04 PM »

Thanks for the responses. Doesn't it seem it was an intentional move to put the leg there? So it makes me wonder if they tried to set someone up for this? perhaps it will somehow lead to where she is.
I don't know, it just sounds like such a stupid plan these two came up with. The fire, the 911 call, getting rid of the matress, placing the prosthetic leg some place, would the stupidity continue by burying her in the backyard of their rental home? Sorry having a hard time thinking stupid I guess.

I am not sure that Zahra was exactly buried.  I am thinking she was spread out and then covered in mulch.         

Yes I believe they are stupid enough to throw the leg out the window of a vehicle in a known dumping ground and not thinking twice about it .  JMO
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #928 on: October 28, 2010, 04:32:33 PM »

SherlockHomey's new pictures from this afternoon. Thank you SH!

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x463/ZeeBee1234/Zahra%20102810%20afternoon/

Great pictures.

Thank you and thank SherlockHomey!

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: October 28, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »

I wonder how long that firewood and mulch has been there?

If it was put there recently to cover the area or holes they dug..or did they move all that firewood, bury some evidence and then move it back?  Lots of work involved in moving that firewood and mulch.

TG..I don't think they were trying to set anyone up..I think they thought if they placed the evidence in enough different areas, that no one would ever put the whole crime together by finding everything..dummies. 

To me appears like they got rid of almost everything that would have DNA/blood on it..since they kept the hearing aides by the bedside.  What horrible, stupid fools.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #930 on: October 28, 2010, 04:38:30 PM »

I am not sure that Zahra was exactly buried.  I am thinking she was spread out and then covered in mulch.         

Yes I believe they are stupid enough to throw the leg out the window of a vehicle in a known dumping ground and not thinking twice about it .  JMO

I know you do too, but I hope you are wrong. The thought of it just sends shivers down my spine. I think it maybe a good idea if we all brace ourselves though. This case is not going to end well and I am beginning to suspect worse then ever.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: October 28, 2010, 04:43:21 PM »

Hey Guys! Does anyone have any photos of the yard while the Bakers were still in the home? I'd still like to see where the dogs were located. Thank You in advance!

MK the only one I can think of is when the family had the balloons released in the backyard and then Adam is walking picking up stuff.  I think there is another one with Adam when he went with LE to the house and he his walking through the back yard with reporters as they are asking questions and  said something like "you guys know more than I do". 

Thank you, Northern.  If I remember correctly from myspace/facebook pages, they had two dogs.  Two pit bulls.  These dogs were kept in the yard.

Neglecting and abusing a child and flying into a rage and murdering a child is dispicable. 

In a nutshell, this child needed responsible adults to provide her with routine medical supervision due to her medical history, she needed to go to school, and she needed a stable environment to grow and mature.  We all know that wasn't the case.

Instead, what we do know, according to witnesses and people close to this family, this child was abused and neglected.  The father, being the primary caretaker, who delegated the primary care to the stepmother, and the system failed this child.

AB, and to a lesser degree, EB, both had access to the Tree Service/landscaping tools.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: October 28, 2010, 04:43:53 PM »

I agree with this thought.  AB - being a landscaper would have lime on hand or access to lime.  He could have used it to take care of the smell.  What monsters.  I feel like the police kknow they will not find her in tact.  They were especially concerned about finding her leg and the mattress.  Of course they want to find her, but I have a feeling they know that may not be possible.

I pray for the searchers and investigators....this has got to be taking a toll on them

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: October 28, 2010, 04:48:27 PM »

Hickory Police Chief now at the house talking with investigators.

http://twitpic.com/31mkfa

It looked to me like they were lifting something.  I would have thought praying, too, but they are far apart, and their backs are bent like they are lifting.

That was my impression too, unless someone was hurt and they were trying to stop the bleeding or something.  But, I think lifting is more likely.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #934 on: October 28, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »

I know you do too, but I hope you are wrong. The thought of it just sends shivers down my spine. I think it maybe a good idea if we all brace ourselves though. This case is not going to end well and I am beginning to suspect worse then ever.

This case really is awful.  Just when I think it can't get worse, it does.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: October 28, 2010, 04:52:54 PM »

Police: New Information Led Back To Bakers' Home

HICKORY, N.C. -- Investigators returned to the Hickory home of Adam, Elisa and Zahra Baker at about 9 a.m. Thursday, saying that new information led them back there.

Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins announced that investigators were returning to the house late Wednesday afternoon. Searchers have been digging up areas around the home, placing markers to show what ground has been covered. They have photographed and removed items from the ground, collecting them in plastic bags. Police haven't said what those items are or what specifically they are looking for at the home.

Investigators have also gone inside the home. Police confirmed that they have a search warrant for the house, but said it is sealed.

MORE...

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25538458/detail.html
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #936 on: October 28, 2010, 04:53:09 PM »

They alerted authorities to the fire in the yard and the ridiculous ransom note, I don't think Zahra was buried there somewhere in that yard or mixed with the mulch there. I don't know if they had the guts for that. Too close.

I'd think they'd want to "get rid" of the remains as far away from them as possible. They certainly had ample opportunity. They had two (or three) vehicles, and lots of time, lots of places. Plus the dogs hit on the cars.

I'm inclined to believe Zahra is elsewhere.

Maybe the fire was to burn clothes and such, maybe they did bury some belongings or evidence, but not Zahra's remains IMO.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #937 on: October 28, 2010, 04:56:07 PM »

They alerted authorities to the fire in the yard and the ridiculous ransom note, I don't think Zahra was buried there somewhere in that yard or mixed with the mulch there. I don't know if they had the guts for that. Too close.

I'd think they'd want to "get rid" of the remains as far away from them as possible. They certainly had ample opportunity. They had two (or three) vehicles, and lots of time, lots of places. Plus the dogs hit on the cars.

I'm inclined to believe Zahra is elsewhere.

Maybe the fire was to burn clothes and such, maybe they did bury some belongings or evidence, but not Zahra's remains IMO.
I don't know what they are all looking for, but it sure seems that Elisa is not being completely truthful because if she were she would point out where things were disposed at, instead the police are all over the place looking 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: October 28, 2010, 04:58:43 PM »

Dark fate for smiling Zahra

As US police examine a prosthetic leg, believed to belong to missing Australian girl Zahra Baker, the Herald Sun reveals her dark fate.
She fought cancer that claimed her leg, but a greater evil was waiting for this spirited Aussie girl.

AUSTRALIAN dad Adam Baker picked up the phone and dialled 911.

"Ah, yeah my daughter's missing," Baker said in his distinctive Aussie drawl.

Police issued an urgent child abduction alert but within barely 72 hours they had called in homicide detectives.

So began the most gripping child murder mystery to play out in the US this year.

Central to the case is the little Australian girl whose name is now known worldwide: Zahra Clare Baker. Locals in her adopted home town of Hickory, North Carolina, remember the 10-year-old's innocent smile, her shy nature -- and her prosthetic leg.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
Bone cancer ravaged her lower left leg when she was five and since then she has worn a substitute.

She also wore hearing aids to help with her a mild hearing impairment.

Born in Wagga Wagga, she lived briefly in Newcastle but spent most of her short life in a small township outside Townsville before moving with her father to the US two years ago. They moved after he married American woman Elisa Baker, whom he had met online.

Zahra's biological parents split when Zahra was about 12 months old.

To those who knew Zahra, she was full of spirit. "She was the most determined little girl I have ever met," family friend Kim Wright said from Townsville.

"She was going to still do everything she could, despite not having her leg or her hearing."

Now, the leg is the latest clue in her murder.

THE FBI is working with Australian officials to match serial numbers from her Australian-fitted leg with numbers inscribed on the prosthesis police found in bushland by an isolated stretch of road on Wednesday.

They are also testing DNA from a mattress believed to be linked to the case and dumped at a local tip.

The key finds had been a long time coming. Zahra's father had reported her missing more than a fortnight earlier, on October 9. Since then, investigators have spent countless hours searching bushland, rubbish tips, woodchip heaps and more than five properties. They even drained the local pond.

Behind the scenes though, their two jailed suspects -- Adam and Elisa Baker -- were beginning to crack.

Adam Baker, 33, worked at the Invicta Sugar Mill in far north Queensland before eventually skipping the country for love.

Questions about his role in his daughter's disappearance stunned friends and relatives back home.

"I can only imagine what poor Adam is going through, he really loved her, and there is no way he would ever hurt her," friend and sugar mill co-worker Kim Wright said.

Police are not so sure.

"We would say at this point in time we haven't eliminated any suspects," township police chief Major Clyde Deal said last night.

Twelve hours had passed before either husband or wife noticed Zahra had vanished from her bed.

"My daughter is going through puberty so she's going through that brooding stage so we only see her when she wants something," Adam explained in that emergency call.

Three days later, he choked on his own tears before a national television audience.

"I just hope I can get my daughter back. I miss her so much," he said.

"I appreciate everyone doing what they're doing, I just hope they keep looking," he later said into another TV camera.

He would turn up to search sites as directed by police, who said he was co-operating with their investigation.

This week, however, they arrested him on nine criminal charges unrelated to Zahra's disappearance.

He is now in jail accused of writing about $370 of worthless cheques and using a deadly weapon to assault one of Elisa Baker's daughters-in-law, Brittany Bentley.

Bad blood remains between Bentley and the Bakers.

WITHIN days of the case making headlines, Bentley publicly claimed Elisa Baker would lock Zahra in her bedroom all day, every day, beating her and allowing her out of her room for just five minutes to eat.

"She was beat almost every time I was over there for just the smallest things," Ms Bentley told CBS.

"Elisa would get mad, she would take it out on Zahra, things the kid didn't deserve. She just had a horrible home life."

The Bakers were well known to child welfare workers, according to US reports.Question marks have been raised over why relatives and neighbours did not go to the authorities after admitting suspicions that Zahra was abused.

They said Zahra often had bruises on her body, but her stepmother explained them away as her falling over due to her prosthetic leg.

Police barely hesitated in deciding to lock up Elisa Baker, 42.

They arrested her the morning after Zahra's reported disappearance on outstanding warrants for bad cheques. Two days later, they charged her with trying to obstruct justice by allegedly writing a $1 million ransom note left at the Bakers' home the morning of Adam's 911 call.

Police rebranded the kidnapping investigation a homicide probe after interviewing Ms Baker.

Judging by her online activity, she was interested in the dark side of life. She calls herself a "goth" on her Myspace page.

Under the username "gothicfairy6668" she says: "I am so sick of people judging me by how I look. I am gothic and proud of it."

She refers to Zahra as "the dark child!!!" on the website.

Her relationship with her adult children also appears strained.

Ms Baker's daughter, Amber Fairchild, told the court her mother had been sent $10,000 over the last year by a man in England with whom she had an online relationship, despite her marriage to Zahra's father.

LAST week, Ms Baker's lawyer Scott Reilly denied she had any involvement in Zahra's disappearance.

But she has been providing information to police since Sunday.

On Monday, she had joined police as they searched for evidence near a home she lived in three years ago.

According to local media, the leg was found near that area.

From here, police will keep sifting through the evidence and will probably maintain the pressure on Adam and Elisa Baker in jail.

Time will tell whether a murder charge will follow.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad-application/dark-fate-for-smiling-zahra/story-fn6bfkm6-1225944944357
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #939 on: October 28, 2010, 05:30:30 PM »

Shelving, yes at least that one board looked like shelving.

I thought it might be a table leaf.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.