May 28, 2024, 10:43:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #4 10/22/10 - 10/28/10  (Read 150392 times)
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #320 on: October 25, 2010, 11:52:12 PM »

pfaubush - you and all monkeys are welcome to visit my Australian thread in the Monkey Lounge.  I started posting about scenery, animals and life here and then went on to news items I thought would interest monkeys.  I think I may expand into more of our daily customs and lifestyle and especially legal matters.

Awesome! Thank you!

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: October 26, 2010, 02:51:00 AM »

Searchers in Caldwell don't find Zahra on Monday

GRANITE FALLS --
Authorities headed back to Caldwell County Monday in their search for missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

Despite a search by several law enforcement agencies and a surprise appearance by Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, at one point, authorities turned up nothing.

The Caldwell County Sheriff's Office FBI, SBI and the Hickory Police Department searched an area of Caldwell County off Dudley Shoals Road near Burns Road from daybreak Monday until about 5:35 p.m. Nearly a dozen cars were at the scene, as well as SBI and FBI lab vans.

Law enforcement searched a heavily wooded area near a waterfalls, but the search seemed to center more toward the stream at the foot of the falls and closer toward the road. The brush is dense in that part of the area, and the stream is about 15 feet across and contains large rocks. During parts of the search, some members of law enforcement could be seen peering over the side of the bridge from the road, inspecting the work searchers were doing below.

Law enforcement closed off Dudley Shoals Road from Burns Road to just past Dudley Shoals Baptist Church to better aid their search efforts on Monday.

"We're following up on leads Hickory gets in our county,'' said Alan Jones, sheriff of Caldwell County. "We've gotten several leads.''

He acknowledged that several have not panned out, but said any lead is important.

Jones did not say what, specifically, investigators were looking for, just that they were looking for "different parts of evidence.''

Investigators left just before dusk without finding Zahra, despite her stepmother, Elisa, being at the scene. Elisa arrived at the search of the woods in a SUV at about midday, but did not get out of the car. She stayed for only a short time, before the SUV left.

However, according to an official at the Catawba County Detention Center, Elisa, 42, did not return to the jail until about 6 p.m. Information about where she went after she left the search site was not available.

Elisa is currently in jail for obstruction of justice for writing a false ransom note, asking for $1 million. She is also being held on several other unrelated charges.

Zahra was first reported missing on Oct. 9 by her father, Adam Baker, although Hickory police believe she's been missing longer than that. Zahra, a cancer survivor, lost her lower left leg to the disease, as well as part of her hearing. Her prosthetic leg was not found at the home when she was reported missing, but her two hearing aids were. Zahra was last seen by someone outside of the family on Sept. 25 at In Your Home Furnishings in Hickory. Zahra was in the store with her stepmother, Elisa.

Police initially called Zahra's disappearance a missing persons case. On Oct. 12, that was changed to a homicide investigation. Investigators have searched several sites, including where Adam Baker is employed in Morganton and numerous former places the Bakers have lived in Caldwell County.

At one point, the investigators searching the area along Dudley Shoals Road seemed to find something, calling out to each other underneath the road overpass. However, when two investigators emerged from underneath the bridge, they were empty-handed.
We always like to be hopeful,'' Jones said. "We're not going to rest until we find this little girl.''

Anyone with information is asked to call the Hickory Police Department at 328-5551.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/25/searchers-caldwell-dont-find-zahra-monday-ar-482713/

Could be the mattress was in one location, the boxspring in another, her taser and gun or knife in another, and Zahra's leg in another.  AB has beem out free while the police have been coming up empty while searching for his daughter.  Apparently, he knows nothing or is a good/poor actor.

The police have probably advised EB that AB said she did it.

EB has been in there a while and has thought about things nonstop for 24/7.  They may even have told her AB has gone back to Au and left her to face the charges alone. 

Keeping her out of jail today, while AB was arrested and it's plastered all over the media, EB has no clue what's going on nor any chance of finding out differently.

EB, if AB IS involved, isn't going to take the rap for AB and will do whatever it takes to get her a$$ out of the sling.  She's too self serving.

We shall see how this unfolds.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #322 on: October 26, 2010, 07:56:18 AM »

Zahra's father, Adam Troy Baker, was at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport picking up a family member Sunday before he voluntarily went to the police department in Hickory, about 60 miles northwest of Charlotte, to talk to authorities.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/25/north.carolina.missing.girl/?hpt=T2
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: October 26, 2010, 09:00:02 AM »

Searchers in Caldwell don't find Zahra on Monday

GRANITE FALLS --
Authorities headed back to Caldwell County Monday in their search for missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

Despite a search by several law enforcement agencies and a surprise appearance by Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, at one point, authorities turned up nothing.

The Caldwell County Sheriff's Office FBI, SBI and the Hickory Police Department searched an area of Caldwell County off Dudley Shoals Road near Burns Road from daybreak Monday until about 5:35 p.m. Nearly a dozen cars were at the scene, as well as SBI and FBI lab vans.

Law enforcement searched a heavily wooded area near a waterfalls, but the search seemed to center more toward the stream at the foot of the falls and closer toward the road. The brush is dense in that part of the area, and the stream is about 15 feet across and contains large rocks. During parts of the search, some members of law enforcement could be seen peering over the side of the bridge from the road, inspecting the work searchers were doing below.

Law enforcement closed off Dudley Shoals Road from Burns Road to just past Dudley Shoals Baptist Church to better aid their search efforts on Monday.

"We're following up on leads Hickory gets in our county,'' said Alan Jones, sheriff of Caldwell County. "We've gotten several leads.''

He acknowledged that several have not panned out, but said any lead is important.

Jones did not say what, specifically, investigators were looking for, just that they were looking for "different parts of evidence.''

Investigators left just before dusk without finding Zahra, despite her stepmother, Elisa, being at the scene. Elisa arrived at the search of the woods in a SUV at about midday, but did not get out of the car. She stayed for only a short time, before the SUV left.

However, according to an official at the Catawba County Detention Center, Elisa, 42, did not return to the jail until about 6 p.m. Information about where she went after she left the search site was not available.

Elisa is currently in jail for obstruction of justice for writing a false ransom note, asking for $1 million. She is also being held on several other unrelated charges.

Zahra was first reported missing on Oct. 9 by her father, Adam Baker, although Hickory police believe she's been missing longer than that. Zahra, a cancer survivor, lost her lower left leg to the disease, as well as part of her hearing. Her prosthetic leg was not found at the home when she was reported missing, but her two hearing aids were. Zahra was last seen by someone outside of the family on Sept. 25 at In Your Home Furnishings in Hickory. Zahra was in the store with her stepmother, Elisa.

Police initially called Zahra's disappearance a missing persons case. On Oct. 12, that was changed to a homicide investigation. Investigators have searched several sites, including where Adam Baker is employed in Morganton and numerous former places the Bakers have lived in Caldwell County.

At one point, the investigators searching the area along Dudley Shoals Road seemed to find something, calling out to each other underneath the road overpass. However, when two investigators emerged from underneath the bridge, they were empty-handed.
We always like to be hopeful,'' Jones said. "We're not going to rest until we find this little girl.''

Anyone with information is asked to call the Hickory Police Department at 328-5551.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/25/searchers-caldwell-dont-find-zahra-monday-ar-482713/

Could be the mattress was in one location, the boxspring in another, her taser and gun or knife in another, and Zahra's leg in another.  AB has beem out free while the police have been coming up empty while searching for his daughter.  Apparently, he knows nothing or is a good/poor actor.

The police have probably advised EB that AB said she did it.

EB has been in there a while and has thought about things nonstop for 24/7.  They may even have told her AB has gone back to Au and left her to face the charges alone. 

Keeping her out of jail today, while AB was arrested and it's plastered all over the media, EB has no clue what's going on nor any chance of finding out differently.

EB, if AB IS involved, isn't going to take the rap for AB and will do whatever it takes to get her a$$ out of the sling.  She's too self serving.

We shall see how this unfolds.
Her attorney cancelled court to be in Hickory so I doubt the police got her alone and tricked her. Her attorney would be advising her.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #324 on: October 26, 2010, 10:46:19 AM »

I wonder how the bio mom lost custody of Zahra.  If AB had record in Australia, then why would he be given custody?  What did AB have to gain by keeping this child with him.  Was she on public assistance?  When AB married dumbazz, did that not make him a citizen of the US?  Lots of questions, pity there are so few answers.  I feel so sad for Zahra.  I keep thinking of what may have been her last day.  What is the last thing she saw?  Did she suffer long or was it quick?  This is so disturbing, like Caylee and all the others.  Oh, my dear Lord, please help us find her and give her a proper burial. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #325 on: October 26, 2010, 11:06:01 AM »

I wonder how the bio mom lost custody of Zahra.  If AB had record in Australia, then why would he be given custody?  What did AB have to gain by keeping this child with him.  Was she on public assistance?  When AB married dumbazz, did that not make him a citizen of the US?  Lots of questions, pity there are so few answers.  I feel so sad for Zahra.  I keep thinking of what may have been her last day.  What is the last thing she saw?  Did she suffer long or was it quick?  This is so disturbing, like Caylee and all the others.  Oh, my dear Lord, please help us find her and give her a proper burial. 

I have the same questions as you do, Mariloo. Since I don't know anything about the bio-mom other than what's been posted here, I can't "truth-filter" the words attributed to her. Taken at face value, it sounds like Zahra was almost kidnapped from her and that she's been looking for her.
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #326 on: October 26, 2010, 11:13:02 AM »

I have the same questions as you do, Mariloo. Since I don't know anything about the bio-mom other than what's been posted here, I can't "truth-filter" the words attributed to her. Taken at face value, it sounds like Zahra was almost kidnapped from her and that she's been looking for her.

That would make me feel better, however I cannot imagine my husband with a criminal past gaining custody of my child.  I would end up with a record, because I would kill him if he harmed my child and no way in hell would he take her from me willingly.  I hope the TRUTH comes out soon and little Zahra is found.
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #327 on: October 26, 2010, 11:20:10 AM »

I sure was hoping we would have some more news by this morning! 

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: October 26, 2010, 11:22:19 AM »

I have the same feeling that Zahra was taken away by Adam either by his own actions or persuaded by his family from bio-mom.  From looking at Gothmonsters profiles she was advertising herself as 25-26 yrs old.  That to me means Adam likes his woman young.  Could be that bio-mom was very young when Zahra was born, was naive and tricked or bullied into something without fully understanding what was going on.  We just do not know.  What we do know is Zahra is missing, she did not deserve this and I pray that they can find her so that bio-mom has some closure. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: October 26, 2010, 11:24:32 AM »

Adam Baker held on bad-check charges
Officials delayed arrest because he was helping in search for daughter Zahra.

Adam Baker, father of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker, was jailed Monday on charges unrelated to his daughter's disappearance, Hickory police say.

Baker had been wanted on five counts of worthless checks and five counts of failure to appear in court. Police say those charges predate Oct. 9, when Adam Baker called authorities and reported his daughter missing from their Hickory home.

Also Monday, police began another search for clues to Zahra's disappearance in Caldwell County, where the family once lived, according to media reports.

Authorities took Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, from jail to the search scene along Dudley Shoals Road, WSOC-TV reported. The family lived in Caldwell County before moving to Hickory.

Elisa Baker is in jail in Newton under $65,000 bond. She is charged with obstruction of justice, with investigators alleging she wrote a phony ransom note aimed at interfering with the police probe into the girl's disappearance. Elisa Baker also faces charges, including worthless checks, in Burke County.

Early in the investigation, Elisa Baker was named by police as a "person of interest" in Zahra's disappearance.

The Hickory Police Department on Monday continued to decline to answer questions or provide more details about the case.

Last week, a three-day search focused on a Caldwell County landfill, where police said they failed to find a mattress - and possible DNA evidence - that could help explain Zahra's disappearance. Police said the girl's parents disposed of her mattress just days before reporting her missing.

Authorities have said they had several outstanding warrants for Adam Baker, but that they delayed taking action because he was cooperating in the search for Zahra.

Police had hoped to find a significant clue in the case during last week's painstaking search through mounds of trash in the landfill. With that search ended, authorities decided to serve the warrants.

Baker was jailed Monday in Newton under $7,000 bond.

Hickory police continue to ask the public for help in the case, saying they are having a difficult time establishing a timeline on when Zahra Baker was last seen.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/26/1787098/adam-baker-held-on-bad-check-charges.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: October 26, 2010, 11:26:09 AM »

Cops resume search for Zahra Baker; stepmother cooperating

HICKORY, N.C. (AP) -- Police say the stepmother of a missing disabled 10-year-old girl is cooperating with investigators who are continuing to search several sites in rural North Carolina counties.

Hickory Deputy Chief Major Clyde Deal said Tuesday that Elisa Baker has been talking to investigators, and earlier this week was taken to a home in Caldwell County where she once lived. Deal would not elaborate, but said police were approached by her lawyer that she wanted to help.

The 42-year-old Baker has been charged with obstruction of justice. Police say she admitted writing a bogus ransom note found at the scene of a fire in the family's back yard on the day Zahra Clare Baker was reported missing.

Authorities think the girl is dead.

The girl's father, 33-year-old Adam Baker, was arrested Monday on unrelated charges.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Cops-resume-search-for-missing-10-year-old-NC-girl-105775613.html
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: October 26, 2010, 11:32:47 AM »

Does AB have a criminal record in Australia?  I thought his drug use and record started when he met EB and moved to the US.  People do change when they start doing drugs.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: October 26, 2010, 11:34:24 AM »

Adam Baker was arrested Monday
Baker was arrested on outstanding warrants for worthless checks, failure to appear in court.

HICKORY --
After interviewing Adam Baker early Monday morning, he was arrested by the Hickory Police Department on several charges unrelated to his daughter's disappearance.

Baker, 33, is the father of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

Baker voluntarily came into the Hickory Police Department at about 3:15 a.m. Monday for an interview with officers, according to officials. He was booked into the Catawba County Detention Center at about 5 a.m. on a $7,000 secured bond, and has yet to make bail.

Baker was charged with five counts of worthless checks, three counts of failure to appear for communicating threats and one count of failure to appear for a charge of returning rental property.

The five worthless checks amount to about $380, and were all written to grocery stores.

Just before Baker went to the Hickory Police Department for his interview with officers, he was at the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport to pick up a family member, according to the Hickory Police Department.

After Baker's arrest, the Australian Consulate in Atlanta, Ga., was notified, upon Baker's arrest.

Zahra was first reported missing on Oct. 9 by her father, Adam, although Hickory police believe she's been missing longer than that. Zahra was last seen by someone outside of the family on Sept. 25 at In Your Home Furnishings on U.S. 70, SE, in Hickory. Zahra was in the store with her stepmother, Elisa Baker.

Elisa Baker, 42, is currently in jail for writing a false ransom note, in which she demanded $1 million. Police charged Elisa with obstruction of justice. They also arrested her on several other charges unrelated to Zahra's disappearance.

Police initially called Zahra's disappearance a missing persons case. On Oct. 12, that was changed to a homicide investigation.

Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins had said authorities delayed taking action because Baker was cooperating with police since Zahra's disappearance was reported.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/25/9/adam-baker-arrested-worthless-check-charges-ar-481519/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: October 26, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »

Does AB have a criminal record in Australia?  I thought his drug use and record started when he met EB and moved to the US.  People do change when they start doing drugs.

We don't know anything about Adam from his Australia days.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: October 26, 2010, 11:41:58 AM »

Search For Zahra Resumes
POSTED: 10:48 am EDT October 26, 2010

HICKORY -- Police say the stepmother of a missing disabled 10-year-old girl is cooperating with investigators who are continuing to search several sites in rural North Carolina counties.

Hickory Deputy Chief Major Clyde Deal said Tuesday that Elisa Baker has been talking to investigators, and earlier this week was taken to a home in Caldwell County where she once lived. Deal would not elaborate, but said police were approached by her lawyer that she wanted to help.

The 42-year-old Baker has been charged with obstruction of justice. Police say she admitted writing a bogus ransom note found at the scene of a fire in the family's back yard on the day Zahra Clare Baker was reported missing.

The girl's father, 33-year-old Adam Baker, was arrested Monday on unrelated charges.

http://www.wcti12.com/news/25514976/detail.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: October 26, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »

Zahra Baker Fund – Scam Alert

In typical fashion, the criminals are showing their ugly heads.  Several different bloggers, and websites have begun posting about the Zahra Baker Fund and pointing out that it is a fraud.

Recently the Hickory, NC Police Department said in their press release:

Hickory Police Department has been made aware of an organization soliciting funds for Zahra Baker.  This group states that one purpose for these funds according to their website is to:   ”Support the efforts of law enforcement to investigate and prosecute the case surrounding the abduction/homicide of Zahra Claire Baker.”  Hickory Police Department has not been contacted by this group or has been given any information of their intent for this fund.  HPD intends to explore this matter in greater detail without diverting resources from the investigation of Zahra.

According to a site called Social Exploitation the Zahra Baker Fund (which can be found here,  is ran by a group called the Spiritual Counseling Network.  At the time of this post, the Spiritual Counseling Network site was down for a “redesign”.  We were unable to find an IRS certificate of non-profit for this group, but that does not mean for sure that they are not legal.  They may have it filed under a different name.

On the Zahra Baker Fund website, there is a link to the counseling service.  There is no claim on the site that it is run by the same people, and it has not designation of being a non-profit.  It does however have what appears to be a donation record.  It shows, at the time of this post, that they have NOT paid out any donation money.

It is typical that during a time of disaster or of crisis, these scam artists come out in droves.  It is becoming a normal thing.  There is always someone who out there who is willing to try to make a name for themselves or make money off the tragedies of others.  As with all charities or groups, it is a good idea to investigate before giving money.

I would suggest that if you want to help in the search for missing children, that you donate to the Center for Missing and Exploited Children.  That is a group that is well known, well established, and is used by numerous government agencies.

Be sure to read up on the group.  It is my personal recommendation, that if you want to help in the search for Zahra Baker, contact the local authorities, and ask what supplies you can donate to them to assist.  Find out what, if any, search organization is assisting in the search, and donate to them.  Be careful where you throw your money.  You may just be funding someone’s new car or home.

http://www.crimeinthenews.com/?p=1222
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: October 26, 2010, 11:48:58 AM »

Yup, as of this morning
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: October 26, 2010, 11:50:52 AM »

Cops resume search for Zahra Baker; stepmother cooperating

HICKORY, N.C. (AP) -- Police say the stepmother of a missing disabled 10-year-old girl is cooperating with investigators who are continuing to search several sites in rural North Carolina counties.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Cops-resume-search-for-missing-10-year-old-NC-girl-105775613.html

The only way she can "help" is by telling the truth about where Zahra is and what happened to her.
What else can cooperating mean?
No DP...Life..

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #338 on: October 26, 2010, 11:51:26 AM »

OK, so random thinking here. These two nit-wits are said to be 'co-operating' with investigators. If they were truly co-operating, they would have found Zahra and all of the evidence they've been searching for. It seems to me that since they haven't found anything, the two are playing dumb and trying to get the other to take the blame. I bet that AB is playing the, "well, she lived here and talked about places around there and could have done this or that." I'm guessing she is playing the, "He worked here and talked about places around there and could have done this or that." They are probably pointing investigators in a direction close enough for things to be found, but not close enough to get any of the blame. I just wish one would actually break and speak the truth. That would mean admitting culpability though.

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: October 26, 2010, 11:54:49 AM »

We don't know anything about Adam from his Australia days.

That is what I thought.  I was wondering why we would be questioning how he got custody when he has a criminal record.  I see now it was just a supposition.  Thanks for setting me straight Northern.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.