March 29, 2024, 03:56:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woman's body found (clay composite shown) 10/18/07 Bayonne, NJ  (Read 9675 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: October 17, 2010, 02:01:52 PM »

Unsure if this is a crime, but I need to get this woman's composite out to as many places as possible. The case bugs the crap out of me. Hair extensions are not cheap, which leads me to believe she is not a homeless person........

Identity of woman found dead three years ago in Bayonne still a mystery
Published: Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tomorrow, it will be three years since a driver discovered the decomposed remains of a young woman off Route 440 in Bayonne.

Three years later the unidentified woman remains known to authorities only as Jane Doe.

In May 2009, authorities released image of a clay reconstruction of her face and continue to monitor missing persons reports hoping to bring closure to the case, but all leads have drawn a blank, said Bayonne Detective Bill Napier, who has been working on the case with Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad.

"Any leads that do come in we act on but they take us nowhere," Napier said. "We are looking for a little public awareness so not as not forget she is still unidentified. We don't know who she is or where she is from."

Investigators are confident that she was not from Hudson County, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

Route 440 carries inter-county and interstate cars and trucks and she could have come from anywhere in the country. A driver reported the body to authorities Oct. 18, 2007, after seeing it in weeds about 25 feet west of the Route 440 New Hook Road jughandle between East 28th and East 29th streets, officials said.

The woman, who had been dead for about three weeks at the time her body was discovered, was African-American, aged between 16 and 35 years old stood 5-foot-2, and weighed 118 pounds.

She had hair extensions -- approximately 28 inches long -- and wore size 11 camouflage-style pants, a pink top and white ankle socks, DeFazio said.

She had a silver-colored chain around her waist, and a brown plastic thumb ring on her right thumb. She had no shoes, purse or money, DeFazio said.

An autopsy revealed no obvious signs of trauma, but the body may have decomposed at the site before being discovered, officials said.

The cause of death, which is being treated as suspicious, has not been determined pending further investigation.

Although there is no forensic evidence suggesting she was sexually assaulted, authorities have not ruled it out as a possibility.

Anyone with information about the woman's identity or her death is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345 or the Bayonne tip line at 1 (877) 900-8477.

http://www.nj.com/bayonne/index.ssf/2010/10/identity_of_woman_found_dead_t.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 02:02:15 PM »

http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_hudson_u190021501.html
ring

pants

shirt

socks

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 02:02:45 PM »

CASE INFORMATION The unidentified female was recovered in Bayonne, NJ on October 18, 2007. She had brown colored 28 inch braided hair extensions attached to her own hair.

NIC #  U190021501

Case Number 2007-80029

Date Body Found October 18, 2007

Estimated Date of Death Unknown

BIOLOGICAL PROFILE 

Estimated Year of Birth 1987-1991

Sex Female

Race Black

Height 5'2" - 5'5"

Weight 118 - 138 lbs.

Hair Black

Eyes Unknown

SCARS, MARKS, Tattoos Unknown

CLOTHING The victim was wearing a pink Pascal Tex brand tank top (Size M), black Buff brand bra with red lace around the cups (Size 36C), Green Vigoss brand camoflauge pants (Size 11/12), pink Pascal brand boy short underwear, white socks with orange toes and green colored bear heads on the ankles.

JEWELRY The victim had on a brown translucent plastic ring (shown above) on her right thumb and a silver colored body chain around her torso.

MISC. Partial Fingerprints, dental charts, and DNA is available for comparison. Dental characteristics are charted in NCIC.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any information about this case or the identification of this individual, please contact:
The New Jersey State Police at 1-800-709-7090 or e-mail at missingp@gw.njsp.org .

Bayonne Police Dept. #201-858-6900
http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_hudson_u190021501.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 02:04:40 PM »

Hat tip to monkalup @ porchlight 4 that one

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 05:05:22 PM »

Nut, I was thinking about what you said about hair extensions not being cheap in regard to the unidentified woman found.  There is another way she could have gotten hair extensions without paying a lot of money and that would be if she were either a hairdresser or friend or relative of a hairdresser.  I have a friend that is a hairdresser, and she has done hair extensions for her daughter, co-workers and for a friend and didn't charge a full salon price.   Just a thought. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 05:41:11 PM »

Muffy....you are so smart Smile

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 03:21:04 AM »

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2012/10/five_years_later_police_still_1.html

Five years later, police still trying to identify decomposed body found in Bayonne

snipped
"We renew our request for the public's help in her identification," Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Gene Rubino said last week. "Prosecutor's detectives along with Bayonne police have not forgotten and are committed to bringing this case one step closer to closure for her family and those that knew her."

On Oct. 18, 2007, a driver called police after spotting the body in weeds about 25 feet west of the Route 440 New Hook Road jughandle between East 28th and East 29th streets, officials said at the time.

The African-American woman, who had hair extensions approximately 28 inches long, was wearing size 11 camouflage-style pants, a pink top and white ankle socks, officials said.

She had a silver-colored chain around her waist, and a brown plastic thumb ring on her right hand. She was found with no shoes, purse, or money, officials said.

The medium-built brown-eyed woman was estimated to be between 16- and 35-years-old, stood 5-foot-2, and weighed 118 pounds. An autopsy revealed no obvious signs of trauma, but the body may have decomposed over a "passage of time" at the site before being discovered, officials said.

The body appeared to have been ravaged by animals and had no identification.

snip...
Anyone with information on the woman's identity or her death is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 07:01:49 AM »

It's been so long.     I hope this lady can be ID'd.  Maybe someone will see her face or description and realize she's someone they knew.  Thank you for posting the article Nut.  Somewhere, someone is possibly missing a sister, aunt, mother, co-worker, neighbor, cousin etc.   Maybe they didn't realize she's deceased, and thought perhaps she moved away or as some adults do, start elsewhere with their lives. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 07:11:46 AM »

There needs to be a television show on a major network that is dedicated to identifying all the UID's---I've been saying it for years.........They have America's Most Wanted, Unsolved Mysteries, Dateline specials...etc., why not one for all of the Unidentified???

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 07:14:34 AM »

There needs to be a television show on a major network that is dedicated to identifying all the UID's---I've been saying it for years.........They have America's Most Wanted, Unsolved Mysteries, Dateline specials...etc., why not one for all of the Unidentified???

Yes, I can see the need for this.   

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.