April 27, 2024, 06:56:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #35 11/11/10 - 11/21/10  (Read 176149 times)
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2010, 08:40:17 AM »

Uh, Klaas, apologies for misspelling your name, though I will defend my right to use typos anytime my fingers wish.

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2010, 08:50:49 AM »

Desiree just gave an interview on NBC Today show but I only caught the end of it. What I did get was that Desiree now knows that, based on Terri's words, Terri had a hatred of Kyron and felt he was the reason for the problems in her (Terri's) marriage to Kaine.

Not sure what "words" they were talking about, but for those of you further west where the show has not been broadcast yet, the interview ended at about 7:37 a.m., so must have started in the first half hour of the show.

Did anyone else see the segment and can help fill in the blanks?

Thanks

Sorry. I avoid the morning shows because of the nonsense one has to deal with in between the worthwhile segments. And, man, can they skew stuff!

Anyway, the video is not yet posted at their site, but it may be posted after the show ends on the West Coast.

Sounds interesting. Thanks for alerting us.

Grey, I hear ya! Anything past the 1st hour is just fluff, anyway.

Desiree was pretty outspoken but I couldn't remember exactly what else she said so didn't want to post anything inaccurate. God bless her.

OK, it's up... here's the link:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40192247  They give a recap of the story then it goes into the interview.

I would love to see those emails. I bet Terri's lawyers would too.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2010, 09:01:04 AM »

Wow! Desiree has a lot to say. Dumps all over Kaine.

Her interview starts at 2:03. Total segment 6:44.

Kaas? Anyone? Can this be embedded in the thread? Thanks.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/40192247#40192247

Wow! I had to walk away from that after listening to it. My heart was just breaking for her. 

Some of the things that stood out in the interview:

She tried to get custody of Kyron about a year ago before he went missing. Terri telling Desiree, personally, that she wanted Desiree to take Kyron.

The emails that TH sent to friends stated, in great detail, her 'severe' hatred for Kyron because she believed he was the reason for the problems between her and Kaine.

She, Desiree, without a shadow of a doubt, believes Terri hated Kyron so much that she is not only capable of hurting Kyron, but she could have hurt him in the worst possible way. 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2010, 09:07:57 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kyron-horman-case-dive-team-scours-sauvie-island/story?id=12149528
Search for Kyron Horman: Dive Teams Scour Sauvie Island Waters
Authorities Hoping Changing Weather Conditions Near Sauvie Island Hope to Turn Up New Evidence

Post a Comment
By NEAL KARLINSKY, SARAH NETTER and DEAN SCHABNER
Nov. 15, 2010

Video at link

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mompalm
Scared Monkey

« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2010, 09:23:28 AM »

Carla Castano at KOIN has been tweeting that Kaine is going to meet with reporters this a.m. at the wall of hope, and to watch KOIN News Now to find out why, but when I go to the KOIN website, I can't find anything about it.

http://twitter.com/#!/CarlaKOIN
CarlaKOIN Carla Castaño
Kyron Horman's dad meeting reporters at Wall of Hope today. Find out why on KOIN News Now at 6am.

Anyone know what it's about?
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2010, 09:31:40 AM »

Wow! I had to walk away from that after listening to it. My heart was just breaking for her. 

She tried to get custody of Kyron about a year ago before he went missing. Terri telling Desiree, personally, that she wanted Desiree to take Kyron.

The emails that TH sent to friends stated, in great detail, her 'severe' hatred for Kyron because she believed he was the reason for the problems between her and Kaine.

She, Desiree, without a shadow of a doubt, believes Terri hated Kyron so much that she is not only capable of hurting Kyron, but she could have hurt him in the worst possible way. 

Good summary Sassi.  I wasn't sure where she got the hateful words of Terri's.  You mention email from Terri to friends.  I hope those friends are not in support of Terri now. 

Yes, I saw the interview as well.
Desiree was very outspoken.  About a year ago she attempted to have Kyron come and live with her.  Kaine told her that was not an option.  Somehow I can imagine him saying just that.
It was a heartbreaking picture of a Mom who now believes Kyron's wellbeing was at risk and as I read it, could have been avoided, if she had known before what she has recently learned.
Although she did not foresee Kyron being at risk before or she  would have got him out of there. 
Kyron said he wanted to live with her and I guess that's when she approached Kaine.
She said that Terri is a pathological liar.
I thought Desiree's pain and anger was palpable.
My God what more must she endure, while asking herself what her precious child endured.

Wonder what Kaine will have to say at the wall of hope today, or if he will cancel?
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2010, 09:32:22 AM »

From the fact that Desiree had tried once before to get Kyron back and Kaine fought her, I knew she was in a situation where he would not let her win.

Those emails sound like they could really work against Terri. I wish they would be published just to give her supporters a glimpse of whom they are supporting.

LE is available to talk with Terri any time she wants to talk truthfully about what happened June 4. If she had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance, she is the cause of a lot of wasted time and effort.

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2010, 09:39:04 AM »

Carla Castano at KOIN has been tweeting that Kaine is going to meet with reporters this a.m. at the wall of hope, and to watch KOIN News Now to find out why, but when I go to the KOIN website, I can't find anything about it.

CarlaKOIN Carla Castaño
Kyron Horman's dad meeting reporters at Wall of Hope today. Find out why on KOIN News Now at 6am.

I had heard this would happen today, but I never heard or saw a scheduled time. One source (forgot which) said no new details are expected.

After Desiree's tirade this morning, this should be interesting. It will be harder for him to keep his personal life out of news on the search for Kyron.

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2010, 09:39:46 AM »

Hi Monks.  I watched Desiree this AM on the Today.  Her pain is gut wrenching.  I don't know how she can treat Kaine with any amount of civility.  I've had a bad feeling about him since the beginning.  I don't think he had anything to do with Kyron's disappearance directly - but he sure as heck didn't protect his little boy.   
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2010, 09:47:05 AM »

CarlaKOIN Carla Castaño

I had heard this would happen today, but I never heard or saw a scheduled time. One source (forgot which) said no new details are expected.

After Desiree's tirade this morning, this should be interesting. It will be harder for him to keep his personal life out of news on the search for Kyron.

Respectfully Grey, I absolutely think that is the wrong description to use for Desiree' interview, and frankly it just ticks me off. She's in a lot of pain.  
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:58:08 AM by klaasend » Logged

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2010, 09:50:25 AM »

Oops! Meant 'use' NOT us.  Sorry.

mompalm
Scared Monkey

« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2010, 09:51:32 AM »

From the fact that Desiree had tried once before to get Kyron back and Kaine fought her, I knew she was in a situation where he would not let her win.

Those emails sound like they could really work against Terri. I wish they would be published just to give her supporters a glimpse of whom they are supporting.

LE is available to talk with Terri any time she wants to talk truthfully about what happened June 4. If she had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance, she is the cause of a lot of wasted time and effort.

I wonder if any of the recipients of those emails stepped forward right away after Kyron went missing? We may never know, and probably isn't relevant at this point to actually finding him now.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2010, 09:52:40 AM »

I really wondered when Desiree was going to do that. I can't blame her at all for having anger with him after what all happened when she was pregnant. I'm sure Desiree is angry as can be and terrified  an angelic monkey
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2010, 09:55:09 AM »

Transcript from The Today Show. 11/15/10
Closed captioning of: Mom: Stepmom had ‘severe hatred’ for KyronAdvertisement | ad info
>>> talk to kyron horman's mom, but here's the latest developments.

>> reporter: this weekend, divers searched the waters of sobi island, a two-day multiagency effort to find little kyron horman. in june when he was 7 years old, kyron disappeared from school after a science fair . on sunday they again walked away empty handed.

>> the dedication is to bring kyron home for closure for the family and for the investigation.

>> reporter: despite a search that appears to be more of a recovery effort, kyron's parents hold out hope their son is alive.

>> some days are better than others, we live it almost hour by hour.

>> it's sickening, it's painful.

>>> it's the worst torture.

kyron's biological parents -- kaine has since filed for divorce from horman.

>> i have everything to --

>> terry horman has never spoke on the the media but in court documents, kaine 's claims -- some of her former friends have spoken out.

>> i don't think terri is capable or harming a child, period. she's just not the type of woman that would do it that i can see.

>> reporter: but in divorce documents, kaine describe s terri as a terrible stepmother, it was common for her to be visibly impaired by alcohol and to pass out on the couch.

>> without a doubt, i wish i would have known it before, i wouldn't tolerate it.

>> a mother and father with her own suspicions as the search for n5 their son approaches six months. @8

>> kyron's mom desiree young is with us exclusively. good morning to you. this is the first time you're speaking out about kyron without your ex-husband kaine . up until now you have presented a united front so what has chan change?

we're still a united front in the goal that we want kyron home and we want answers, that hasn't changed. i personally have learned of information lately that has disappointed me in kaine 's choices and his behavior and i just can't stand by and support the choices that he's making.

>> some of that has to do with these court documents that you have seen where he talks about his wife terri being visibly impaired from alcohol several times a week, he calls her emotionally disturbed , yet he never shared any of his concerns with you, is that correct?

>> that's correct. we learned of all of this information after the fact and from the media. he had several opportunities to let tony and i know what was going on in the house and he did not. he had several opportunities to make the right choice and either let me know or remove kyron from the house, i would have removed kyron from the house if i would have known what was going on.

>> did you see signs ever desiree that terri was dealing with alcohol abuse or that she was emotionally disturbed ?

i did not see any evidence of alcohol abuse , in fact i didn't know about the dui until after kyron went missing. but as far as a personality disorder, i did for years, i was aware that she had some issues with pathological lying, things of that nature, but just mostly from my interactions with her. i didn't see, you know, as much as kaine did.

>> if you had any concerns, why didn't you at any time -- or did you try to get your son kyron out of that home?

>> oh, yes, i did. starting a year prior to him going missing , i tried to get custody of him.

>> and what would happen?

>> kaine told me it was not an option on several occasions and it was a point of contention with us. he was exhibiting some problems in school and he was expressing a lot of sadness and upset at the situation and kyron on many occasions told me he wanted to come and live with me and on a couple of different occasions, terri had called me specifically so that i could talk to kyron because he was so upset and terri , personally wanted me to take kyron.

>> and then on friday, the police showed you some e-mails that terri had sent to friends of hers describing her marriage to kaine and her feelings about your son. i know you can't reveal the specifics because of the investigation, but generally, what did they say?

it's very clear from terri 's horrible words that she had a severe hatred for kyron and that a lot -- she blames a lot of the marital rproblems between kaine and herself on kyron. it was a huge point of contention in their marriage and she had expressed in great detail her hatred for kyron. i now believe, without a shadow of a doubt that not only is she capable of hurting kyron, that it's clear that she could have hurt him in the worst possible way.

>> do you still hold out hope that your son's alive?

>> i will until the day i die.

>> thank you so much for joining us and please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

>> thank you.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2010, 09:55:18 AM »

CarlaKOIN Carla Castaño

Respectfully Grey, I absolutely think that is the wrong description to us for Desiree' interview, and frankly it just ticks me off. She's in a lot of pain. 
I see Desiree as a woman who is so betrayed and hurt, and this has to come out of her, she can't bottle it up inside, that is not good. I don't blame her one bit saying what she has said.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2010, 09:56:56 AM »

CarlaKOIN Carla Castaño

Respectfully Grey, I absolutely think that is the wrong description to us for Desiree' interview, and frankly it just ticks me off. She's in a lot of pain. 

Respectfully, sassifrass, please call the vocabulary police or post a list of words I am allowed to use in order to keep you happy. We are here to please you.

I know she is in a lot of pain, and I am glad she was able to vent with a lot of reasons about why she is upset about Terri. It has been obvious that she has held back before, but all of this new information is too much for her to remain silent.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2010, 09:58:10 AM »

CarlaKOIN Carla Castaño

I see Desiree as a woman who is so betrayed and hurt, and this has to come out of her, she can't bottle it up inside, that is not good. I don't blame her one bit saying what she has said.

I totally agree with you NRCG. 

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2010, 10:01:05 AM »

Thanks, trimmonthelake. Love transcripts!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2010, 10:06:03 AM »

I didn't watch the segment but it sounds like it was an angry speech (and who could blame her):

tirade [taɪˈreɪd]
n
1. a long angry speech or denunciation
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2010, 10:06:06 AM »

CarlaKOIN Carla Castaño

Respectfully, sassifrass, please call the vocabulary police or post a list of words I am allowed to use in order to keep you happy. We are here to please you.

I know she is in a lot of pain, and I am glad she was able to vent with a lot of reasons about why she is upset about Terri. It has been obvious that she has held back before, but all of this new information is too much for her to remain silent.

BBM

Respectfully Grey, that comment was uncalled for and I refuse to comment to you about it further.

I do agree with you that I am also glad that she was had the strength to talk about all of the new info that has been coming to light. My heart breaks for her.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.