April 27, 2024, 03:52:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #35 11/11/10 - 11/21/10  (Read 176142 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2010, 10:07:05 AM »

Transcript from The Today Show. 11/15/10
Closed captioning of: Mom: Stepmom had ‘severe hatred’ for KyronAdvertisement | ad info
>>> talk to kyron horman's mom, but here's the latest developments.

>> reporter: this weekend, divers searched the waters of sobi island, a two-day multiagency effort to find little kyron horman. in june when he was 7 years old, kyron disappeared from school after a science fair . on sunday they again walked away empty handed.

>> the dedication is to bring kyron home for closure for the family and for the investigation.

>> reporter: despite a search that appears to be more of a recovery effort, kyron's parents hold out hope their son is alive.

>> some days are better than others, we live it almost hour by hour.

>> it's sickening, it's painful.

>>> it's the worst torture.

kyron's biological parents -- kaine has since filed for divorce from horman.

>> i have everything to --

>> terry horman has never spoke on the the media but in court documents, kaine 's claims -- some of her former friends have spoken out.

>> i don't think terri is capable or harming a child, period. she's just not the type of woman that would do it that i can see.

>> reporter: but in divorce documents, kaine describe s terri as a terrible stepmother, it was common for her to be visibly impaired by alcohol and to pass out on the couch.

>> without a doubt, i wish i would have known it before, i wouldn't tolerate it.

>> a mother and father with her own suspicions as the search for n5 their son approaches six months. @8

>> kyron's mom desiree young is with us exclusively. good morning to you. this is the first time you're speaking out about kyron without your ex-husband kaine . up until now you have presented a united front so what has chan change?

we're still a united front in the goal that we want kyron home and we want answers, that hasn't changed. i personally have learned of information lately that has disappointed me in kaine 's choices and his behavior and i just can't stand by and support the choices that he's making.

>> some of that has to do with these court documents that you have seen where he talks about his wife terri being visibly impaired from alcohol several times a week, he calls her emotionally disturbed , yet he never shared any of his concerns with you, is that correct?

>> that's correct. we learned of all of this information after the fact and from the media. he had several opportunities to let tony and i know what was going on in the house and he did not. he had several opportunities to make the right choice and either let me know or remove kyron from the house, i would have removed kyron from the house if i would have known what was going on.

>> did you see signs ever desiree that terri was dealing with alcohol abuse or that she was emotionally disturbed ?

i did not see any evidence of alcohol abuse , in fact i didn't know about the dui until after kyron went missing. but as far as a personality disorder, i did for years, i was aware that she had some issues with pathological lying, things of that nature, but just mostly from my interactions with her. i didn't see, you know, as much as kaine did.

>> if you had any concerns, why didn't you at any time -- or did you try to get your son kyron out of that home?

>> oh, yes, i did. starting a year prior to him going missing , i tried to get custody of him.

>> and what would happen?

>> kaine told me it was not an option on several occasions and it was a point of contention with us. he was exhibiting some problems in school and he was expressing a lot of sadness and upset at the situation and kyron on many occasions told me he wanted to come and live with me and on a couple of different occasions, terri had called me specifically so that i could talk to kyron because he was so upset and terri , personally wanted me to take kyron.

>> and then on friday, the police showed you some e-mails that terri had sent to friends of hers describing her marriage to kaine and her feelings about your son. i know you can't reveal the specifics because of the investigation, but generally, what did they say?

it's very clear from terri 's horrible words that she had a severe hatred for kyron and that a lot -- she blames a lot of the marital rproblems between kaine and herself on kyron. it was a huge point of contention in their marriage and she had expressed in great detail her hatred for kyron. i now believe, without a shadow of a doubt that not only is she capable of hurting kyron, that it's clear that she could have hurt him in the worst possible way.

>> do you still hold out hope that your son's alive?

>> i will until the day i die.

>> thank you so much for joining us and please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

>> thank you.

Thanks Trim.  Gosh you're speedy!

In looking at the transcript I see that the police showed Terri the emails on Friday.  I wonder why LE has chosen to do this now? 
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2010, 10:08:37 AM »

I listened to the 6:30am news and they stated that they will have Kaines comments on the 12:00 news.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2010, 10:11:07 AM »

I listened to the 6:30am news and they stated that they will have Kaines comments on the 12:00 news.

Thanks Sass
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »

Thanks Trimm.    No option for Desiree to have Kyron    this makes me so mad, I don't even want to know how angry Desiree must be. It sounds to me like Kyron was unhappy, couldn't they have at least tried to see how things might go if he lived with Desiree? Since I never had to deal with custody issues, it just blows me away the game playing and meanness that some couples play with the children 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »

Respectfully, why don't we direct our anger to those that are responsible for
hurting Kyron?  jmo.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2010, 10:15:49 AM »

Respectfully, why don't we direct our anger to those that are responsible for
hurting Kyron?  jmo.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2010, 10:18:11 AM »

Would anyone care to comment on why they think LE has shown Desiree those emails on Friday?  At least that's how I read it.  ICBW - tia
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2010, 10:20:23 AM »

I didn't watch the segment but it sounds like it was an angry speech (and who could blame her):

tirade [taɪˈreɪd]
n
1. a long angry speech or denunciation

Thank you, Klass, for the definition. She was definitely angry, and the segment lasted about four minutes which is long on a news broadcast.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2010, 10:26:32 AM »

It seems unfortunate and heartbreakingly (though likely unintentionally) cruel, that Desiree has had to hear of all this via the media.  Gutwrenching indeed.  How she must torture herself day and night! 

Knowing that these divorce documents are destined to be released to the public, Kaine (IMO) definitely should have discussed these allegations and their implications with her and Tony.  I don't think anyone with a heart would blame her for her anger and imprecations when such a thing happens.  Not only that, to whatever degree he was aware of the problems with Terri vis a vis Kyron, she has a right to be furious that he did not share these things with her, Kyron's mother.  Desiree is certainly entitled to a 'tirade' at the very least; I have no problem with the use of that term to describe her words this morning.

Poor Desiree.

IMO, many engineer-types exhibit an almost delusional tendency to seek to administratively, with logic and order, manage and constrain the trends and events in their lives and in the lives of their close families.  I see that in Kaine.  From the beginning he had that deer-in-headlights look that comes from not only the shock of suddenly losing his son, but the implications that things he thought he could handle, including problems in his home as well as repercussions from choices he had previously made, had suddenly spiraled out of all control, and his precious little 'mini-me' was lost as a result.  From the beginning, he has seemed to struggle to cope from his 'Mr. Project Manager place' -- which works well in some aspects of a nightmare like this, but for others, is a disaster, as we are seeing right now.

I agree with Grey that it is only since Kyron has disappeared that Kaine has (a) had to honestly and starkly face the known issues with Terri in that home, in the light of all that has happened since June 4, (b) learned much more about her behavior from LE and from people with information who have come forward; has been able to put two and two together; and has developed a picture of the real Terri, and (c) been forced -- by both the intense scrutiny from the public and media, and the crucial need to protect Kiara, to take a strong stand against Terri's dangerous behavior.  Kaine has no choice but to comprehend the piercing reality that if he had looked realistically at the picture before, when he could have done something about it, dear little Kyron might still be with him, alive and well.  This will haunt him forever, I'm thinking.

Poor Kaine.

I'm also wondering now whether or not Kaine is aware of these emails in which it is evident that Terri "severely hated" Kyron and seemed capable of "harming him in the worst way."  LE is quite aware of them, and certainly of many other horrible things that have not yet been made public.  It is almost beyond belief.  What kind of twisted monster could hate -- or harm -- such a lovely boy???

Poor Kyron!

Where are you little guy?  batman

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2010, 10:27:24 AM »

Would anyone care to comment on why they think LE has shown Desiree those emails on Friday?  At least that's how I read it.  ICBW - tia

Can, I think they are just keeping her in the loop. It's possible that they had just received them from TH's friends although that would be a bit disconcerting if they held on to them that long before turning them over to LE.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2010, 10:27:30 AM »

1. I can venture a guess that Desiree is not often in Portland and that this was the first opportunity LE had to show them to her after they obtained and verified them.

2. I doubt she is given every detail of their investigation, just general, non-specific updates, but after Kaine's filings about Terri's drinking, this may have been a suitable time to give Desiree the emails.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2010, 10:27:34 AM »

I didn't watch the segment but it sounds like it was an angry speech (and who could blame her):

tirade [taɪˈreɪd]
n

Thank you, Klass, for the definition. She was definitely angry, and the segment lasted about four minutes which is long on a news broadcast.

She certainly has a right to be angry, I think most of us in this position would be. She was tame compared to what I would have said 
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2010, 10:30:30 AM »

"It broke my heart to see Desiree last night when she talked about "if I knew about Terri's drinking and passing out every night etc, I would have him out of that house ASAP".........and even though KH isn't responsible, you know Desiree must have some resentment after learning that,"
Snipped.

I felt a long time ago when we were all wondering why Kaine seemed to be evasive about Terri and changing what he was saying about her that there was trouble in the house that he kept from Desiree. No one could have foreseen that she would harm Kyron, IF she did, but I agree that in too many of these cases where there is some prior custody dispute, the other non primary custodial parent is often in the dark because it is all about child support and God forbid that anything comes out to change that arrangement. I am assuming that Desiree was paying child support based on her income and if the shoe had been on the other foot, Kyron with Desiree, Kaine would have had to pay Desiree and it would have been based on his income. I am making assumptions, but I have known too many cases where custody has to be split and both parents fight tooth and nail for the kid, but in reality it is about not paying child support to the other one.
If Terri's financials have to be disclosed, then so does Kaines and if he has taken five cents for any of his interviews or selling of photos, that will come out.
.. I know my thoughts and views are unpopular here and that is why I don't post very often on this one. I dislike what we know of Terri, but I also dislike Kaine.

Oh Kat G, what foresight you had!  After seeing this am's Today show and hearing that TH hated Kyron and asked DY to take him back I am 100% TH did away with this child.  I had kinda defended her and just didn't want the main caregiver for little Ky to want him gone.  I see (IMO!!!) that KH's controlling ways might have led to what happened to Kyron now.  If my spouse hated my child that much do you think that I would ask that person to be his caregiver?  WTF????!!!  Was it all about winning to you Kaine?  Didn't want to pay child support?  Yes, children sometimes play parent against parent but I think Ky was very sensitive and sensed he was causing trouble but didn't want to actually say TH, my stepmom doesn't like me.  Therapy, extended stays at Mom's, talks with only bioparents just to feel out the situation.  Do you think TH wanted KH to take more responsibility in Kyron's daily life?  DY did ask to take her child home and KH said not possible!  What was not possible?  Good going Kaine!  I bet right now Houze is headed for a PPD defense.  It's all making sense now.  Someone could have saved this child!  I don't believe one word KH says or has said now.  Good for you DY, stand up for yourself and Ky!  He can't control what you say now!  Oh how my heart hurts for DY.  How I feel for those who have lost a child before their time for any reason.  I mentally don't think I could bury my baby and live through it.  My heart goes out to each and every one of you.  God Bless you all!  God Bless Kyron and his Mommy.  I only hope that this does not devastate DY so that she can't carry on.  I only have one child and she must carry on for hers.  I think that the fire that is lit in DY right now will not burn out.  I see her carrying on as a child advocate/victim's rights activist.  I think we have all identified with her from the beginning and maybe she will carry on and become a great crusader for all children.  She and M. Klaas should join forces.  I admire him along with Walsh and a couple others.  Their strength is so uplifting.  I'll quit now, I just couldn't stop crying while watching Today and seeing that as one of the top stories.  Kyron, Zahra, Caylee, Shaniya and so many others...Dear God in Heaven what can we do to put an end to this?  You monkeys have a good day and I am so sorry to unload and depress you even more.  Sorry.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2010, 10:33:18 AM »

Can, I think they are just keeping her in the loop. It's possible that they had just received them from TH's friends although that would be a bit disconcerting if they held on to them that long before turning them over to LE.

I hadn't thought of that Sassi.  Thank you.  I assumed LE had them all along.
Indeed concerting if friends held on to that kind of email from a person who cannot account for 90 minutes of her time that fateful morning.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2010, 10:34:58 AM »

tirade [taɪˈreɪd]
n

She certainly has a right to be angry, I think most of us in this position would be. She was tame compared to what I would have said 

I would have been seriously bleeped with only one or two words left to broadcast.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »

1. I can venture a guess that Desiree is not often in Portland and that this was the first opportunity LE had to show them to her after they obtained and verified them.

2. I doubt she is given every detail of their investigation, just general, non-specific updates, but after Kaine's filings about Terri's drinking, this may have been a suitable time to give Desiree the emails.

Thanks Grey. 

I sure would like to know how long LE has been privy to those emails and can't help wonder (if they had them all along) if this firmed up their suspicions and led to their sharing with Kaine and Desiree from the outset.
Without mentioning the emails.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2010, 10:45:33 AM »

Des--In your part about KH do you think that when DY asked to take Kyron back that she didn't say what her reasons were?  If she recieved emails from TH that asked her to take Ky and he was having trouble in school and begging to not go back to his permanent home don't you think that DY addressed it with Kaine?  I just feel like she isn't the type of person to out of the blue say can I have Kyron back without saying why.  I don't know but I feel such hostility toward KH right now I can't see straight.  He's dancing around the answers from the beginning!  From "was there any sign of trouble you could see in TH", to "she would pass out on the couch from drinking"!  How do you go from ordinary squabbles/troubles that all married couples have to she kept Kitty up at night while she passed out on the couch from drinking?  None of us would want to air our dirty laundry nor do we want to believe that our spouse would harm our child but you should never lie to LE about what is going on in your home when a child is missing.  Every iota of info is important.  Why did he hold back such important info?  Why not do what was best for Kyron and give living at Mom's a trial run till he could straighen out him home life?  I say his controlling ways has played a part in what has happened.  I am so sorry for saying that also.  It is his child that is missing but it is also DY's child and she did try to intervene.  There was evident trouble in that home and with Kyron and KH stood in the way of finding a solution other that what happened.  Would you have the person who blamed the trouble in your marriage taking almost complete care of your child.  I don't think you would and I definately would not!  I gotta go to work.  I'm sorry for being harsh and please I hope I didn't offend you this am.  What DY said this am has me burning to kick KH's butt!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2010, 10:45:44 AM »

It seems unfortunate and heartbreakingly (though likely unintentionally) cruel, that Desiree has had to hear of all this via the media.  Gutwrenching indeed.  How she must torture herself day and night! 

Knowing that these divorce documents are destined to be released to the public, Kaine (IMO) definitely should have discussed these allegations and their implications with her and Tony.  I don't think anyone with a heart would blame her for her anger and imprecations when such a thing happens.  Not only that, to whatever degree he was aware of the problems with Terri vis a vis Kyron, she has a right to be furious that he did not share these things with her, Kyron's mother.  Desiree is certainly entitled to a 'tirade' at the very least; I have no problem with the use of that term to describe her words this morning.

Poor Desiree.

IMO, many engineer-types exhibit an almost delusional tendency to seek to administratively, with logic and order, manage and constrain the trends and events in their lives and in the lives of their close families.  I see that in Kaine.  From the beginning he had that deer-in-headlights look that comes from not only the shock of suddenly losing his son, but the implications that things he thought he could handle, including problems in his home as well as repercussions from choices he had previously made, had suddenly spiraled out of all control, and his precious little 'mini-me' was lost as a result.  From the beginning, he has seemed to struggle to cope from his 'Mr. Project Manager place' -- which works well in some aspects of a nightmare like this, but for others, is a disaster, as we are seeing right now.

I agree with Grey that it is only since Kyron has disappeared that Kaine has (a) had to honestly and starkly face the known issues with Terri in that home, in the light of all that has happened since June 4, (b) learned much more about her behavior from LE and from people with information who have come forward; has been able to put two and two together; and has developed a picture of the real Terri, and (c) been forced -- by both the intense scrutiny from the public and media, and the crucial need to protect Kiara, to take a strong stand against Terri's dangerous behavior.  Kaine has no choice but to comprehend the piercing reality that if he had looked realistically at the picture before, when he could have done something about it, dear little Kyron might still be with him, alive and well.  This will haunt him forever, I'm thinking.

Poor Kaine.

I'm also wondering now whether or not Kaine is aware of these emails in which it is evident that Terri "severely hated" Kyron and seemed capable of "harming him in the worst way."  LE is quite aware of them, and certainly of many other horrible things that have not yet been made public.  It is almost beyond belief.  What kind of twisted monster could hate -- or harm -- such a lovely boy???

Poor Kyron!

Wonderful post Desdemona.

God bless you Kyron.   an angelic monkey
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2010, 10:49:24 AM »

Thanks Grey. 

I sure would like to know how long LE has been privy to those emails and can't help wonder (if they had them all along) if this firmed up their suspicions and led to their sharing with Kaine and Desiree from the outset.
Without mentioning the emails.

Maybe after reading the sexts and hearing about Terri's drinking problem via the media, Desiree stormed into the LE office and demanded to know what else they had on Terri. The task force had no choice but to fold and give her something.

We may never know the reason for the why and when of giving Desiree the emails, but I think they do give Desiree more reasons for focusing on Terri. She has suspected Terri but could not prove it. The emails back up her suspicions even more.

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2010, 10:51:50 AM »

Poor Desiree.

Poor Kaine.

Poor Kyron!

Wonderful post Desdemona.

God bless you Kyron.   an angelic monkey

Yup.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.