April 27, 2024, 04:44:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #35 11/11/10 - 11/21/10  (Read 176143 times)
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2010, 12:08:39 PM »

... snip ...

'The emails back up her suspicions even more" -

Oh boy, do they ever!

With the water search going on, I also wonder if they are, in their own way, trying to brace Desiree for the very worst outcome. 

You may be right. LE may be doing what they can to help Desiree emotionally. Desiree has barely held herself together in press conferences, and I would imagine that she is more fragile in private. Until they find a body, they cannot prove to Desiree that he is gone, and she will never believe it without a body unless Terri confesses. Even then Desiree might hope Terri is lying.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2010, 12:11:23 PM »

... snip ...

'The emails back up her suspicions even more" -

Oh boy, do they ever!

With the water search going on, I also wonder if they are, in their own way, trying to brace Desiree for the very worst outcome. 

You may be right. LE may be doing what they can to help Desiree emotionally. Desiree has barely held herself together in press conferences, and I would imagine that she is more fragile in private. Until they find a body, they cannot prove to Desiree that he is gone, and she will never believe it without a body unless Terri confesses. Even then Desiree might hope Terri is lying.

Does anyone think that perhaps in one of the emails there was mention of the water and the island? I don't mean she said anything like she would do harm to Kyron and dispose of him in the water. Maybe some comments that the police have looked at there were suspicious.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2010, 12:21:16 PM »

I know how to write an email and delete, I delete all of them everyday except if some are very important. I never gave it any thought that once they are deleted are they gone forever? There probably must be some way of getting them, maybe? What I would like to know if these friends showed the police the emails right away? Or were they deleted and they were recovered?

Nope. Not gone forever. I've heard that even reformatting the hard drive won't get rid of files. Sometimes the files are not whole, but enough is there to help in investigations. The sooner the files are recovered, the better the condition they will be in. With today's recovery programs, it could be that everything can be recovered in tact.

The delete button is a toy that hides files that are in your way. If you really want files deleted, drill holes through the hard drive. Maybe an acid bath too.

If you want to recover files on your computer, there are programs available at your local computer store or online. It has been years since I have used one, but it was easy to use.

LE can also subpoena your internet provider for their files.

If you put anything in writing, make sure it is something you don't mind the world reading. Case in point ... Terri ...

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2010, 12:29:44 PM »

I know how to write an email and delete, I delete all of them everyday except if some are very important. I never gave it any thought that once they are deleted are they gone forever? There probably must be some way of getting them, maybe? What I would like to know if these friends showed the police the emails right away? Or were they deleted and they were recovered?

Nope. Not gone forever. I've heard that even reformatting the hard drive won't get rid of files. Sometimes the files are not whole, but enough is there to help in investigations. The sooner the files are recovered, the better the condition they will be in. With today's recovery programs, it could be that everything can be recovered in tact.

The delete button is a toy that hides files that are in your way. If you really want files deleted, drill holes through the hard drive. Maybe an acid bath too.

If you want to recover files on your computer, there are programs available at your local computer store or online. It has been years since I have used one, but it was easy to use.

If you put anything in writing, make sure it is something you don't mind the world reading. Case in point ... Terri ...

So true, remember the Menendez Brothers, thought they had gotten away with shooting their parents.....Had Super tech friend "erase" the hard drive etc., didn't take L.A.P.D. anytime at all to retrieve all their correspondence, nothing on a puter is permanently gone unless you destroy the Hard drive.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2010, 12:32:37 PM »

Thanks for the computer info, you have to wonder with people that commit crimes, why don't they destroy their hard drive?
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2010, 12:36:31 PM »

Grey is correct NRCC.. I was reading and thinking of how to put it into words. lol   I know this from when I worked at 911 and have spoken to detectives. It also costs a hell of alot of $$$ to check someones hardrive,, I know someone who had to get his EX wife checked out and it costs him thousands..Detectives checked emails.. bank accounts.. you name it.. she had it deleted of course but info still on the HD.  She raked him over the coals.. <the man I know> .  I havnt posted and been reading off and on. Keeping Kyron in my prayers. I feel bad for Desiree and Kaine.. BUT.. <and I am sorry> for some reason I have not been found of Kaine from the beginning.. and after seeing the last few videos.. I still dont like the man. My heart breaks for him..but.. he just seems like a very controlling person IMO.. and hiding things from the mother of his child.. well.. thats just bullshit. 
Its a shame she has to find things out from others. Been praying Kyron is alive.. but I just dont think he is anymore. Sad   So sad .
 Poor little Zahra Baker too.. that really broke my heart. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2010, 12:36:33 PM »

Thanks for the computer info, you have to wonder with people that commit crimes, why don't they destroy their hard drive?

Ah, but they believe that they are all-powerful as is their belief the delete key. Terri probably did not even delete her files, or if she did, it was at the last minute.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2010, 12:38:43 PM »

Ah, but they believe that they are all-powerful as is their belief the delete key. Terri probably did not even delete her files, or if she did, it was at the last minute.

I wouldn't have known what to do, but there is nothing on mine that I would fear.  Angiex911dsptchr  thank-you for the information, sounds to me like it is a good idea not to ever use your computer for a list of things, or you will get caught eventually.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »

For those wondering if LE found the emails on Terri's computer or if her friends came forward with the emails, it is probably both. But, those who received the emails and did not come forward have some explaining to do, and LE is open for business.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2010, 12:47:31 PM »

Must go and run the sweeper. Have my 19th old Grandaughter here.. walked out of the room for 5 minutes to throw wood in the woodburner.. post a post.. and she took her shirt off and smashed all of her gold fish crackers on the floor. LOL
Prayers for Kyron. Check back later>
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2010, 12:47:59 PM »

For those wondering if LE found the emails on Terri's computer or if her friends came forward with the emails, it is probably both. But, those who received the emails and did not come forward have some explaining to do, and LE is open for business.

I agree...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2010, 12:50:58 PM »

Hi Angie

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2010, 12:56:33 PM »

Grey is correct NRCC.. I was reading and thinking of how to put it into words. lol   I know this from when I worked at 911 and have spoken to detectives. It also costs a hell of alot of $$$ to check someones hardrive,, I know someone who had to get his EX wife checked out and it costs him thousands..Detectives checked emails.. bank accounts.. you name it.. she had it deleted of course but info still on the HD.  She raked him over the coals.. <the man I know> .  I havnt posted and been reading off and on. Keeping Kyron in my prayers. I feel bad for Desiree and Kaine.. BUT.. <and I am sorry> for some reason I have not been found of Kaine from the beginning.. and after seeing the last few videos.. I still dont like the man. My heart breaks for him..but.. he just seems like a very controlling person IMO.. and hiding things from the mother of his child.. well.. thats just bullshit. 
Its a shame she has to find things out from others. Been praying Kyron is alive.. but I just dont think he is anymore. Sad   So sad .
 Poor little Zahra Baker too.. that really broke my heart. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

Thanks for backing me up, Angiex911dsptchr.

I need to clear up what I said about a recovery program being easy to use. It is easy if you need to recover one or two files and you know the directory/folder it was in.

To go through a whole computer for live and deleted files is a time-consuming task. LE has to look through all files in order to locate those related to the investigation. Files can be hidden in program directories. File extensions can be renamed, i.e., change the name a text file, *.txt, to a graphics file, *.jpg., then change the file extension back to the correct one to open it.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2010, 01:02:16 PM »

Did I just hear their is a new search going on today?

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2010, 01:07:06 PM »

Hi, Monks. 

Sorry if this is redundant, but does anyone know what time Kaine is speaking today at the Wall of Hope?
Thanks.

Also....  Blonde, you heard about a search, today, Monday?  On the news, or??? Can you link us up, please?
 an angelic monkey

TIA,

K. Cat

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2010, 01:09:02 PM »

Another heartbreaking case of custody disputes which end up with the children paying the price. If parents can just put the interest of the children above the interest of anything else, perhaps these cases wouldn't end in such horrible ways.
Desiree should have been informed of the trouble in the house, it was inappropriate that she was not told. Kyron should have been allowed to live with his mother if he wanted to live with her, especially given the problems in the household that kaine has spoken of. That is not being a monday morning quarterback, that is common sense.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2010, 01:09:32 PM »

Did I just hear their is a new search going on today?

Yeah. I've heard the divers are out again today, but I don't have a good source for the info.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: November 15, 2010, 01:11:34 PM »

Search for Kyron Horman: Dive Teams Scour Sauvie Island Waters
Authorities Hoping Changing Weather Conditions Near Sauvie Island Hope to Turn Up New Evidence

By NEAL KARLINSKY, SARAH NETTER and DEAN SCHABNER
Nov. 15, 2010

Authorities have returned to the waters near an Oregon island hoping to find new evidence that would lead them to the missing 8-year-old boy Kyron Horman.

About 50 paid workers, divers and volunteers scoured Sauvie Island, not far from the little boy's home, in search of new evidence that may have turned up as a result of changing weather patterns.

"When you have water levels that are changing, there's some idea if Kyron or some other evidence has been lurking on the bottom of that muddy flat all summer, it might actually get dislodged," said retired Multnomah County Sheriff's Captain Bruce McCain.

So far, authorities say, they have found nothing of note.

Kyron, who would be 8 years old by now, has been missing for nearly six months. His father, birth mother and the police have all pointed fingers at the boy's stepmother, Terri Horman, but she has not been charged or even named a person of interest.

Authorities said this weekend that the new Sauvie Island search, which has been thoroughly combed in the past several months, was based on an ongoing investigation, not any new leads.

The boy's father, Kaine Horman, has taken his estranged wife's silence in the case as an admission of guilt, according to court documents.

In court filings from last week in the couple's ongoing divorce, an attorney for Kaine Horman wrote that "one can only infer that Mother will not speak because her testimony will lead to criminal liability for Kyron's disappearance. Until Mother denies the allegation, there can be no other inferences drawn."

Kaine Horman has been outspoken about what he believes to be Terri Horman's involvement in the case. Three months ago, he and Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, appeared on "Good Morning America" to accuse Terri Horman of taking their son.

"You will go to jail, and whoever has been helping you, if they don't talk, they will go to jail," Young said in August.

"I really believe that you want to do the right thing here and bring Kyron home," she said.

Terri Horman was the last known person to see Kyron on June 4 when he left her to go to class at his elementary school following an early-morning science fair.

Terri Horman has remained steadfastly silent through most of the investigation, only releasing brief statements through her attorney that she did not have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance.

Suspicion Continues to Mount Against Terri Horman, Possible Accomplice

Kaine Horman filed for divorce shortly after his son disappeared after being told that she had allegedly tried to hire someone to kill him.

He was also granted a restraining order keeping his wife away from him and their young daughter.

Police said there have been several discrepancies in Terri Horman's story. Over the summer they released a picture of her white truck in hopes of finding witnesses who saw her in the company of someone else the morning of Kyron's disappearance.
Related

There is suspicion that Terri Horman's close friend DeDe Spicher was that person. Though there have been reports that Spicher was unaccounted for on the morning of June 4, she has repeatedly denied that she knows anything about Kyron's disappearance.

Spicher was subpoenaed by a grand jury this summer. Like Terri Horman, she has not been charged or named a person of interest.

Kyron was last seen walking toward his Skyline Elementary School classroom after he had proudly displayed his science fair project on tree frogs.

He was last seen wearing a "CSI" T-shirt and black cargo pants.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kyron-horman-case-dive-team-scours-sauvie-island/story?id=12149528&page=2

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »

Another heartbreaking case of custody disputes which end up with the children paying the price. If parents can just put the interest of the children above the interest of anything else, perhaps these cases wouldn't end in such horrible ways.
Desiree should have been informed of the trouble in the house, it was inappropriate that she was not told. Kyron should have been allowed to live with his mother if he wanted to live with her, especially given the problems in the household that kaine has spoken of. That is not being a monday morning quarterback, that is common sense.

I totally agree, and like I said in a previous post, it just amazes me the games some couples play and the children are in the middle, it is all very sad 
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2010, 01:13:56 PM »

Hi, Monks. 

Sorry if this is redundant, but does anyone know what time Kaine is speaking today at the Wall of Hope?
Thanks.

Also....  Blonde, you heard about a search, today, Monday?  On the news, or??? Can you link us up, please?
 an angelic monkey

TIA,

K. Cat

When I was watching a video on a previous post, the reporter on that newscast stated 10:30.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.