April 28, 2024, 12:03:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #35 11/11/10 - 11/21/10  (Read 176158 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »

Hi, Monks. 

Sorry if this is redundant, but does anyone know what time Kaine is speaking today at the Wall of Hope?
Thanks.

Also....  Blonde, you heard about a search, today, Monday?  On the news, or??? Can you link us up, please?
 an angelic monkey

TIA,

K. Cat

Koko! 

I haven't seen a time when KH will speak at the Wall of Hope but I watched the 6:30am news this morning and they said they will have a response from Kaine at noon today on  KGW.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »

Search for Kyron Horman: Dive Teams Scour Sauvie Island Waters
Authorities Hoping Changing Weather Conditions Near Sauvie Island Hope to Turn Up New Evidence

By NEAL KARLINSKY, SARAH NETTER and DEAN SCHABNER
Nov. 15, 2010

Authorities have returned to the waters near an Oregon island hoping to find new evidence that would lead them to the missing 8-year-old boy Kyron Horman.

About 50 paid workers, divers and volunteers scoured Sauvie Island, not far from the little boy's home, in search of new evidence that may have turned up as a result of changing weather patterns.

"When you have water levels that are changing, there's some idea if Kyron or some other evidence has been lurking on the bottom of that muddy flat all summer, it might actually get dislodged," said retired Multnomah County Sheriff's Captain Bruce McCain.

So far, authorities say, they have found nothing of note.

Kyron, who would be 8 years old by now, has been missing for nearly six months. His father, birth mother and the police have all pointed fingers at the boy's stepmother, Terri Horman, but she has not been charged or even named a person of interest.

Authorities said this weekend that the new Sauvie Island search, which has been thoroughly combed in the past several months, was based on an ongoing investigation, not any new leads.

The boy's father, Kaine Horman, has taken his estranged wife's silence in the case as an admission of guilt, according to court documents.

In court filings from last week in the couple's ongoing divorce, an attorney for Kaine Horman wrote that "one can only infer that Mother will not speak because her testimony will lead to criminal liability for Kyron's disappearance. Until Mother denies the allegation, there can be no other inferences drawn."

Kaine Horman has been outspoken about what he believes to be Terri Horman's involvement in the case. Three months ago, he and Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, appeared on "Good Morning America" to accuse Terri Horman of taking their son.

"You will go to jail, and whoever has been helping you, if they don't talk, they will go to jail," Young said in August.

"I really believe that you want to do the right thing here and bring Kyron home," she said.

Terri Horman was the last known person to see Kyron on June 4 when he left her to go to class at his elementary school following an early-morning science fair.

Terri Horman has remained steadfastly silent through most of the investigation, only releasing brief statements through her attorney that she did not have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance.

Suspicion Continues to Mount Against Terri Horman, Possible Accomplice

Kaine Horman filed for divorce shortly after his son disappeared after being told that she had allegedly tried to hire someone to kill him.

He was also granted a restraining order keeping his wife away from him and their young daughter.

Police said there have been several discrepancies in Terri Horman's story. Over the summer they released a picture of her white truck in hopes of finding witnesses who saw her in the company of someone else the morning of Kyron's disappearance.
Related

There is suspicion that Terri Horman's close friend DeDe Spicher was that person. Though there have been reports that Spicher was unaccounted for on the morning of June 4, she has repeatedly denied that she knows anything about Kyron's disappearance.

Spicher was subpoenaed by a grand jury this summer. Like Terri Horman, she has not been charged or named a person of interest.

Kyron was last seen walking toward his Skyline Elementary School classroom after he had proudly displayed his science fair project on tree frogs.

He was last seen wearing a "CSI" T-shirt and black cargo pants.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kyron-horman-case-dive-team-scours-sauvie-island/story?id=12149528&page=2

Even though that has today's date, it sounds like the news releases from Saturday and Sunday.

I looked for one that states the search is on Monday, Nov. 15.

There probably won't be anything online until after the Noon news Pacific Time.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »

Hi, Monks. 

Sorry if this is redundant, but does anyone know what time Kaine is speaking today at the Wall of Hope?
Thanks.

Also....  Blonde, you heard about a search, today, Monday?  On the news, or??? Can you link us up, please?
 an angelic monkey

TIA,

K. Cat

When I was watching a video on a previous post, the reporter on that newscast stated 10:30.

Thanks wildmala! Do you know what station that was by any chance?

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2010, 01:21:54 PM »

At the end of this clip from KATU, they state tomorrow (Monday) at 10:30.

Edit to add link.  MB
: .http://www.katu.com/news/local/107834189.html?tab=video
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:25:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2010, 01:23:39 PM »

Sorry....http://www.katu.com/news/local/107834189.html?tab=video
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »

Hi, Monks. 

Thanks.

an angelic monkey

TIA,

K. Cat

Koko! 

I haven't seen a time when KH will speak at the Wall of Hope but I watched the 6:30am news this morning and they said they will have a response from Kaine at noon today on  KGW.

Sassi!    

Thanks.  Hope you are well.  Great to "see" you again!

Grey, thanks for the info.

Koko's Cat

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2010, 01:27:41 PM »

Another heartbreaking case of custody disputes which end up with the children paying the price. If parents can just put the interest of the children above the interest of anything else, perhaps these cases wouldn't end in such horrible ways.
Desiree should have been informed of the trouble in the house, it was inappropriate that she was not told. Kyron should have been allowed to live with his mother if he wanted to live with her, especially given the problems in the household that kaine has spoken of. That is not being a monday morning quarterback, that is common sense.

I totally agree, and like I said in a previous post, it just amazes me the games some couples play and the children are in the middle, it is all very sad 

It is sad and look at what happens....
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #207 on: November 15, 2010, 01:36:34 PM »

It is alarming to learn Terri had asked Desiree to take Kyron...I can understand why it is considered that Terri gave Kyron to somebody. It is equally alarming to learn of the mails where she talks about her hatred for Kyron...I wonder what was the reason she felt Kyron was the reason for the trouble between Kaine and herself? I wonder if Terri told Kaine of her wanting Kyron to live with Desiree...
To me, just by the little we know, it sounds like Terri knew something bad was going to happen and wanted to stop it. So the question is, did she rid herself of Kyron by sending him away or did she hurt Kyron in the ultimate way? From what we know, either one is a possibility. 
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: November 15, 2010, 01:39:21 PM »

Thanks Trimm.    No option for Desiree to have Kyron    this makes me so mad, I don't even want to know how angry Desiree must be. It sounds to me like Kyron was unhappy, couldn't they have at least tried to see how things might go if he lived with Desiree? Since I never had to deal with custody issues, it just blows me away the game playing and meanness that some couples play with the children 

I feel so sorry for both Desiree and Kaine. I hope Desiree is able at some point to put aside the pain and anger she can't help but feel at Kaine's choices and her inability to save Kyron. And I also feel sorry for Kaine because yeah, he knows he didn't understand what all the signals would eventually come to mean, and must feel responsible too. And to feel on top of what's happening to his son, that his ex-wife is going thru this pain and blames him as well, must be awful. Sometimes I think it may be easier for people outside of the immediate relationship to see what's going on more clearly. For instance, Desiree recognized Terri as a pathological liar, but Kaine may have bought into her act at the time.

Logically however, setting aside all hurt and anger, IMO the only person responsible is Terri and whomever she had help her (if there was an accomplice).
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: November 15, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »

It is alarming to learn Terri had asked Desiree to take Kyron...I can understand why it is considered that Terri gave Kyron to somebody. It is equally alarming to learn of the mails where she talks about her hatred for Kyron...I wonder what was the reason she felt Kyron was the reason for the trouble between Kaine and herself? I wonder if Terri told Kaine of her wanting Kyron to live with Desiree...
To me, just by the little we know, it sounds like Terri knew something bad was going to happen and wanted to stop it. So the question is, did she rid herself of Kyron by sending him away or did she hurt Kyron in the ultimate way? From what we know, either one is a possibility. 
As sad as it is to contemplate, my bet is firmly on Door #2.   Sad

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: November 15, 2010, 01:44:42 PM »

I feel so sorry for both Desiree and Kaine. I hope Desiree is able at some point to put aside the pain and anger she can't help but feel at Kaine's choices and her inability to save Kyron. And I also feel sorry for Kaine because yeah, he knows he didn't understand what all the signals would eventually come to mean, and must feel responsible too. And to feel on top of what's happening to his son, that his ex-wife is going thru this pain and blames him as well, must be awful. Sometimes I think it may be easier for people outside of the immediate relationship to see what's going on more clearly. For instance, Desiree recognized Terri as a pathological liar, but Kaine may have bought into her act at the time.

Logically however, setting aside all hurt and anger, IMO the only person responsible is Terri and whomever she had help her (if there was an accomplice).
salut I agree with every point in your admirably thoughtful post, Scatty.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2010, 01:53:13 PM »

If this is true they why didn't Desiree take him?

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »

Thanks Trimm.    No option for Desiree to have Kyron    this makes me so mad, I don't even want to know how angry Desiree must be. It sounds to me like Kyron was unhappy, couldn't they have at least tried to see how things might go if he lived with Desiree? Since I never had to deal with custody issues, it just blows me away the game playing and meanness that some couples play with the children 

Obviously if Terri hurt Kyron then she is legally responsible for this, no doubt about that at all. No matter what the problem was, if she harmed Kyron, she had no right to do that. If she gave Kyron to somebody, he was not hers to give away.

As for Kaine, I am keeping my opinion to myself, (at the moment anyway), until we learn more about it all. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2010, 01:59:02 PM »

Desiree said that Kaine said it wasn't an option, don't know the exact words but it is posted a page or two back. And I'm guessing it would all have to have been done in the courts.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2010, 01:59:39 PM »

According to the interview, she tried, how I am not sure. She did say she spoke with Kaine and he said it was not an option that Kyron go live with her. If she took it further, I don't know. I recall an interview when she spoke about Kyron wanting to live with her, she spoke to Kaine and they figured it was just his missing his mother and nothing which would have indicated any signs of a problem. Of course, at that time, Desiree didn't know of the drinking Kaine is now talking about nor did she know of the supposed hatred Terri felt for Kyron. She was a bit in the dark.
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2010, 02:03:08 PM »

If Terri had hatred towards Kyron, did nobody notice this at all? Maybe the teachers or someone? When I don't like someone it is very hard for me to hide my feelings and pretend that I like the person. Even James said she was good with Kyron, so she must be really good at hiding her feelings.

Apparently the friends who received the emails knew. Why didn't they say something to Kaine about this? 
That is what I'm not understanding?  And even people that she didn't send emails to, wonder if they saw a hatred directed towards Kyron?

I would think that since very early on LE has had these emails..when they took the computers from the home.

I think it is interesting that they just shared these emails with Desiree on Friday..and then spent the weekend searching SI again.  Besides the cell pings, there must be other info that leads them to believe TMH disposed of him in water and on SI.  Didn't LE say there was a lot of water to search on SI ?

I really feel for Desiree and Kaine in this..hindsight is always so easy. 

I still want to know the real reason that Terri removed James from the home, why she would hurt Kyron rather then just leave herself.  Why in the heck she was apparently leading a double life.  Some friends cannot imagine her hurting a child and others receive emails showing real hatred towards Kyron.

After reading about emails that showed her dislike of Kyron, it makes me believe even more that the person who posted on that iVillage (I think that was the site) site about her stepson and how she despised him, was indeed Terri Horman. I wish I still had that link.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »

Why are divers back at the island?  Was new information given???

http://www.katu.com/news/local/107834189.html

Kyron search: Dive teams back on Sauvie Island 58
Share By KATU News and KATU.com Staff

Story Published: Nov 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM PST
Story Updated: Nov 14, 2010 at 7:02 PM PST

PORTLAND, Ore. – Dive teams from eight different agencies are back out on Sauvie Island over the weekend, searching for clues to the disappearance of Portland elementary student Kyron Horman.

A spokesperson for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office says about 50 people are part of the search, including paid workers and volunteers.

Multnomah County Sheriff Public Information Officer Mary Lindstrand tells us the search is only in the water. Inch by inch, foot by foot, in 50-degree water only a few feet deep, dive teams combed Sauvie Island's canals, ponds and lakes – looking for any trace of Kyron Horman.

SNIP...

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2010, 02:04:21 PM »

I'll watch the 12:00 news on KGW and see what Kaine had to say and post what they have since the Wall of Hope statement was not a live presser.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2010, 02:05:11 PM »

... snip ...

'The emails back up her suspicions even more" -

Oh boy, do they ever!

With the water search going on, I also wonder if they are, in their own way, trying to brace Desiree for the very worst outcome. 

You may be right. LE may be doing what they can to help Desiree emotionally. Desiree has barely held herself together in press conferences, and I would imagine that she is more fragile in private. Until they find a body, they cannot prove to Desiree that he is gone, and she will never believe it without a body unless Terri confesses. Even then Desiree might hope Terri is lying.

Yes Grey.  It is a common lament of Mother's of missing children.  The hope that their child will be found alive.  So sad.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2010, 02:08:25 PM »

As sad as it is to contemplate, my bet is firmly on Door #2.   Sad

ditto
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.