April 28, 2024, 06:51:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #35 11/11/10 - 11/21/10  (Read 176172 times)
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #340 on: November 15, 2010, 08:35:16 PM »

I didn't watch the segment but it sounds like it was an angry speech (and who could blame her):

tirade [taɪˈreɪd]
n
1. a long angry speech or denunciation
I respect you, Klaas, and agree that the speech sounded angry.  I'm just really sick of the snark.  I'm surprised she's allowed to do this over and over and over.  Maybe I'm just too sensitive, I'm going through a trying time here, and I just really feel like Grey is over the top smartassy.  It's uncalled for, and I guess I just need to quit reading here until Grey gets some happy in her pants.

I'm sick of all the drinks and banana toasting, but I don't complain.  It's just nice forum manners, I wish Grey would learn some.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #341 on: November 15, 2010, 08:39:22 PM »

Hi O4Bull I miss see you around! Sorry you are having a difficult time of it.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #342 on: November 15, 2010, 08:39:37 PM »

I really think this is from TH, with some lies thrown in to make it a more compelling, sympathetic (she thinks!) story.

RE: Can't Accept My Stepson  clip this post email this post what is this?
see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by stepmom2kids (My Page) on Sat, Mar 13, 10 at 18:35

I hate my step kid too. Its not pleasant to think of your husband with another woman making babies, much less having to care for them yourself as a free babysitter, and all the bull that comes with it. Out in the wild, hippos, lions and various other mammals will kill these offspring. I can't stand my step kid, and he lives with us Sad
Anyways, if I didn't know him I'd say he's a very sweet kid, that has a speech disorder/learning disorder, and as long as I wouldn't have to be around him for extended periods of time, I'd like him, or be indifferent. But since he's my step kid and I�m his main caretaker, I harbor a lot of resentment, that I worry may harm my health carrying all of this secret hate around, or that it will come around band bite me in the ass somehow later on. It is very unnatural having step kids, very unnatural to love them, it goes against nature is how it feels anyway. I have often wished he�d get out of my life, but we can�t afford to pay child support and I have my own daughter to worry about. If we pay more than we can afford each month, how am I going to take care of my own daughter? That would agonize me much more than gritting my teeth everyday and enduring my stepson�s presence. I too would get up and do the gig if I only had to have him 3weeks out of the year. I used to wish that he would choke to death, and one day at a buffet it actually almost happened, man, did I regret that wish, I cried so much, I felt so sorry for his helpless little face as he chocked for air. I couldn�t have lived with the guilt if he�s dad wouldn�t of been there to save his life. Now I just wish he�d get abducted by aliens or something, Just kidding. He's okay sometimes, but usually talks like a +++++ behind his years. I think he has some kind of learning disability that makes him very good with numbers, but a social +++++ (in my spiteful opinion). According to the dad he is a genius...Pff.. HAHA! What happened to me, I used to be nice, I still am a very nice person, it was normal for close friends to call me one of the nicest, accepting friends, accepting and befriending anyone for who they were. But being a step mom has brought out the worst in me, and is certainly the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I feel like Angelina Jolie in that movie where the police give her a kid that is not hers and he�s calling her "mom", she throws a pan at the wall and shrieks, "I�m NOT YOUR MOTHER, DON�T CALL ME THAT!!!". That�s what I want to do when he calls me mom. Instead I shutter inside, and on the outside, I smile sweetly and say, Yes? This is what my life will be from now on because I married a good guy who already had a kid. 

http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/step/msg011826118329.html?60

What makes you really think this is Terri H? You are kidding, right? It could be her, and it could be a lot of people.

Just throwing my 2 cents in.  Terri would of used the proper word/spelling "shudder" not shutter.  The writing/wording is to simple to be Terri Hormon...jmo.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #343 on: November 15, 2010, 08:44:07 PM »

I am listening to the PC and he pretty much says the drinking was something that concerned him but he didn't label it alcoholism until he spoke to other people about it. If that is what he says I suppose that is his story.

See...that sounds odd...when juxtaposed with his statements in his filing - that Terri staggered, slurred her speech, passed-out drunk...several nights a week...

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #344 on: November 15, 2010, 08:52:09 PM »

I am listening to the PC and he pretty much says the drinking was something that concerned him but he didn't label it alcoholism until he spoke to other people about it. If that is what he says I suppose that is his story.

See...that sounds odd...when juxtaposed with his statements in his filing - that Terri staggered, slurred her speech, passed-out drunk...several nights a week...

I suppose he is saying he didn't recognize the signs of alcoholism? Does it really matter though if you put a lable on it or not? The signs do not change do they? Does it become more serious if your "wife the alcoholic" passes out on the couch, slurs her speed and stumbling a few nights per week, then just your "wife who has a few too many a few times per week" but also is found passed out on the couch, slurs her speech and at time staggers about? I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me he also was drinking. I don't know if that is true and is just my opinion. I just get the feeling there is more to come out and none of it will be pretty. 
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #345 on: November 15, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »

Also, Klaasend...when we are in terrible situations with loved ones...we do tend to make excuses because we love them and it is difficult to sometimes see the problem when you are in the thick of it...too busy reacting and limiting the fall out.  But, Kaine is making contradictory statements.  People can see that.  Contradictions are red flags. 

His statements aren't contradictory if you look at the timeline of what he says. For example, when a crime is first committed LE can say they have no suspects, Mr X is not a person of interest. Two days later they can say they view Mr. X as a person of interest. Contradictory? No, just different based on new information. In Kaine's case, the more he found out, from LE and friends following Ky's disappearance, a new picture came into focus. A different picture. That's a change based on new facts. To blindly stick to what he first said and thought, despite new evidence to the contrary would make him Cindy Anthony, not Kaine Horman.
To me they are contradictory, he states she was on medication for ppd, then says he knew nothing of it, knew nothing was wrong then in court doc's he says she is a falling down drunk, earlier in the case he said he saw no signs of her drinking.
Sorry you can't have it both ways.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #346 on: November 15, 2010, 08:54:52 PM »

I don't know if it was written by Terri but it sure is interesting timing. I am really curious as to how this post was found. What made somebody check postings on random sites about a step mother hating her step son? Who originally found this and how were they told of it? does anybody know? Perhaps this was a leak?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #347 on: November 15, 2010, 08:57:04 PM »

I didn't watch the segment but it sounds like it was an angry speech (and who could blame her):

tirade [taɪˈreɪd]
n
1. a long angry speech or denunciation
I respect you, Klaas, and agree that the speech sounded angry.  I'm just really sick of the snark.  I'm surprised she's allowed to do this over and over and over.  Maybe I'm just too sensitive, I'm going through a trying time here, and I just really feel like Grey is over the top smartassy.  It's uncalled for, and I guess I just need to quit reading here until Grey gets some happy in her pants.

I'm sick of all the drinks and banana toasting, but I don't complain.  It's just nice forum manners, I wish Grey would learn some.

O4B~so good to see you posting, pls don't let someone's attitude stop you from posting, speaking for myself and I can say many others we miss your posting, insight and humor. Maybe you could loan a thong out for some "happy" pants ......

What a heartbreaking case, this on top of Zahra's case ......well, it's just unimaginable and I have always worried this case would turn out like HaLeigh's case with no resolution, no semblance of closure for those who love this little boy and miss him

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: November 15, 2010, 08:57:30 PM »

"Kaine Horman told reporters today that he never thought that his son Kyron was in danger around his estranged wife in the months before he disappeared."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/11/kaine_horman_says_he_didnt_rea.html

You can bet that TH's attorney will ask Kaine if she was a drunk, and all of the things he brings up in his motion, then why did he continue to leave his children in her care.  THis is a double-edged sword for him, and I think he needs to drop it.  JMO
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #349 on: November 15, 2010, 08:57:47 PM »

1.  People are concerned about the high rate of divorce.  But it appears that Kaine wanted to keep his marriage together and was willing to work on the rough spots.

2.  I know I complain about fathers that are merely "sperm" donors, but Kaine is a father that loves his children and did not want to become a weekend father or every other weekend or whatever the terms would have been.  Instead of applauding him for wanting to keep his son, he is criticized.  A son that is living with a master teacher.  A woman who has been praised by several people apparently.  He loved her at one time and probably saw the person that she could be.

3.  Alcoholism- I know of so many undiagnosed alcoholics that are professionals that it's ridiculous.  As a non-drinker, it is so glaringly obvious to me.

It's totally acceptable to people.  It boggles my mind, but most people have no clue about alcoholism. I can spot it a mile away. 

4.  To blame Kaine for wanting to keep his child because of these results, who in their wildest wildest dreams could fathom something like this?

It's like blaming the victim of a rape. 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #350 on: November 15, 2010, 08:57:53 PM »

With all the step moms there are across the world, this could have been written by a great number of women. Pathetic for sure, maybe something that should have been said to a therapist instead of posting it on the internet.

Agree.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #351 on: November 15, 2010, 08:58:18 PM »

Also, Klaasend...when we are in terrible situations with loved ones...we do tend to make excuses because we love them and it is difficult to sometimes see the problem when you are in the thick of it...too busy reacting and limiting the fall out.  But, Kaine is making contradictory statements.  People can see that.  Contradictions are red flags. 

His statements aren't contradictory if you look at the timeline of what he says. For example, when a crime is first committed LE can say they have no suspects, Mr X is not a person of interest. Two days later they can say they view Mr. X as a person of interest. Contradictory? No, just different based on new information. In Kaine's case, the more he found out, from LE and friends following Ky's disappearance, a new picture came into focus. A different picture. That's a change based on new facts. To blindly stick to what he first said and thought, despite new evidence to the contrary would make him Cindy Anthony, not Kaine Horman.
To me they are contradictory, he states she was on medication for ppd, then says he knew nothing of it, knew nothing was wrong then in court doc's he says she is a falling down drunk, earlier in the case he said he saw no signs of her drinking.
Sorry you can't have it both ways.

I think Kaine was hiding the truth because if everything came out and Kyron came home, he could have lost custody of Kyron.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #352 on: November 15, 2010, 08:58:59 PM »

I really think this is from TH, with some lies thrown in to make it a more compelling, sympathetic (she thinks!) story.

RE: Can't Accept My Stepson  clip this post email this post what is this?
see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by stepmom2kids (My Page) on Sat, Mar 13, 10 at 18:35

I hate my step kid too. Its not pleasant to think of your husband with another woman making babies, much less having to care for them yourself as a free babysitter, and all the bull that comes with it. Out in the wild, hippos, lions and various other mammals will kill these offspring. I can't stand my step kid, and he lives with us Sad
Anyways, if I didn't know him I'd say he's a very sweet kid, that has a speech disorder/learning disorder, and as long as I wouldn't have to be around him for extended periods of time, I'd like him, or be indifferent. But since he's my step kid and I�m his main caretaker, I harbor a lot of resentment, that I worry may harm my health carrying all of this secret hate around, or that it will come around band bite me in the ass somehow later on. It is very unnatural having step kids, very unnatural to love them, it goes against nature is how it feels anyway. I have often wished he�d get out of my life, but we can�t afford to pay child support and I have my own daughter to worry about. If we pay more than we can afford each month, how am I going to take care of my own daughter? That would agonize me much more than gritting my teeth everyday and enduring my stepson�s presence. I too would get up and do the gig if I only had to have him 3weeks out of the year. I used to wish that he would choke to death, and one day at a buffet it actually almost happened, man, did I regret that wish, I cried so much, I felt so sorry for his helpless little face as he chocked for air. I couldn�t have lived with the guilt if he�s dad wouldn�t of been there to save his life. Now I just wish he�d get abducted by aliens or something, Just kidding. He's okay sometimes, but usually talks like a +++++ behind his years. I think he has some kind of learning disability that makes him very good with numbers, but a social +++++ (in my spiteful opinion). According to the dad he is a genius...Pff.. HAHA! What happened to me, I used to be nice, I still am a very nice person, it was normal for close friends to call me one of the nicest, accepting friends, accepting and befriending anyone for who they were. But being a step mom has brought out the worst in me, and is certainly the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I feel like Angelina Jolie in that movie where the police give her a kid that is not hers and he�s calling her "mom", she throws a pan at the wall and shrieks, "I�m NOT YOUR MOTHER, DON�T CALL ME THAT!!!". That�s what I want to do when he calls me mom. Instead I shutter inside, and on the outside, I smile sweetly and say, Yes? This is what my life will be from now on because I married a good guy who already had a kid. 

http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/step/msg011826118329.html?60

What makes you really think this is Terri H? You are kidding, right? It could be her, and it could be a lot of people.

Just throwing my 2 cents in.  Terri would of used the proper word/spelling "shudder" not shutter.  The writing/wording is to simple to be Terri Hormon...jmo.

I agree that it could be any one of the (probably) many stepmoms out there that have issues with their stepkids.  (and that's not to say that many stepmoms aren't perfectly wonderful parents to their stepkids.)

I also agree that Terri probably would not have made such errors in her writing, but who knows?

I do find it interesting the post was made March 13 (the day before TH's birthday) and the poster registered her birthday is April 14 (I know some people who change their birthday when posting things online, to avoid being identified).   
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: November 15, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »

JMO but I think Kaine is going to use whatever he has to keep the present child away from Terri Horman until this is resolved.  I personally can't say I blame him at this point.  Until or Unless she talked and cleared it in "my mind" that she was not involved in Kyron missing I'd throw everything I had at her to include the kitchen sink to protect the present child.  And I'm sure guilt over Kyron is pushing him forward on this.  All JMO.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: November 15, 2010, 08:59:38 PM »

Kaine's assertion that TH was a "master of deception" is pretty predictable...what's he going to say?...that he was too selfish, lazy, stupid, weak, etc. to notice the woman he allowed to be the primary caregiver of his son and daughter was a drunken, irresponsible manipulative mess of a human being.      He does not get a pass from me.  He lived with this woman for years.  This naivety does not compute with a man who controlled news conferences when his son went missing.     Nor does it compute with a man who told his ex-wife and son that a change in custody was not an option.  All, IMO.

look at this...

Young, interviewed on the Today Show this morning, said the emails revealed "a severe hatred of Kyron."

In the news conference, Kaine didn't address that issue directly, but he did talk about accusations in his court files that Terri Horman had a drinking problem.

He said it wasn't until recently, after conversations with friends and family and talking to people who know about alcoholism, that he said he realized she was an alcoholic. If it wasn't until recently.....how could he know the following below

He said she exhibited odd behavior but he didn't know what it meant.

"I had no idea what the problem was," he said.  "All of a sudden it comes right into focus."

He said "I think the alcoholism was the tip of the iceberg."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/11/kaine_horman_says_he_didnt_rea.html

I just have a curious question........how can it be both???

6. It was common for Respondent to be visibly impaired from alcohol, i.e. slurring speech, staggering gait, etc... several nights a week. Often, Respondent would pass out on the couch around 7:00 or 8:00 p.m. after drinking heavily and would wake up on and off for the rest of the night. Sometimes Kiara would be up with Respondent rather than on a schedule. Respondent spent most nights sleeping on the living room couch with Kiara. Respondent would typically be passed out from heavily drinking. Kiara would be up past midnight playing and/or watching tv until I tried to intervene. Sometimes if I tried to help by putting Kiara to bed, Respondent would become verbally combative and seem offended.   

7. Respondent's alcoholism, coupled with depression issues, significantly affected the manner in which she cared for Kiara and greatly affected Kiara's attachment to her. Respondent did not maintain consistent routines for Kiara in her daily activities or sleep patterns. It was common to find Kiara up and awake at 1:00 a.m. while Respondent was asleep from alcohol.  As a result, Kiara was never well rested, she was fussy and upset frequently during each day, and her mood was abnormal for her age.

Sorry~I don't buy it but that's just me 
yeah, that's where I was headed too.  LOL.  I'm waay behind!
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #355 on: November 15, 2010, 09:01:16 PM »

IM - It really doesn't matter what you or I "buy".  He may not have realized until recently that her actions were alcohol related.  We really don't know. 
passed out, slurring her speech, and combative.  what did he think it was, PMS?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #356 on: November 15, 2010, 09:07:21 PM »

"Kaine Horman told reporters today that he never thought that his son Kyron was in danger around his estranged wife in the months before he disappeared."

You can bet that TH's attorney will ask Kaine if she was a drunk, and all of the things he brings up in his motion, then why did he continue to leave his children in her care.  THis is a double-edged sword for him, and I think he needs to drop it.  JMO

This one issue has been a sticky point for me since the response was released......no matter what was causing her "issues", none of the kids were safe and while I am sure no parent could imagine the outcome, what about accidents happening, I guess I am a worrier because I think about those type issues all the time, only a few ppl can drive with my son in the car and gratefully we are less than a mile from his school, and now that my daughter has been driving for yrs, I have almost no fingernails from worry.

Obviously no child was safe with Terri for more than one reason and if there had been an out of court agreement for Kyron to live with Desiree for a while and no court papers filed, I wonder if that would have changed anything ? Maybe not, maybe so.. but the guilt from the what if's must be killing him, and the resentment I think Desiree is entitled to after learning this from the press are just gut wrenching. Add that onto the pain of Kyron missing and I can't imagine how they go on everyday

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #357 on: November 15, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »

I keep going to the "silence" of LE, the cryptic things they do say when speaking out.  Example, we know things we wish we didn't know?
I have been very quite the past few months holding my judgement on anyone, and afraid this is going to be worse than we could imagine when all told.
Going back to what I was reading earlier today on Kaine's statements today found this so odd>>
He said it wasn't until recently, after conversations with friends and family and talking to people who know about alcoholism, that he said he realized she was an alcoholic.
He said she exhibited odd behavior but he didn't know what it meant.
"I had no idea what the problem was," he said.  "All of a sudden it comes right into focus."
He said "I think the alcoholism was the tip of the iceberg."

Wouldn't that be second hand information, why wasn't that worded as such in the court documents.  I am not judging KH I feel for him, only wish he would admit he didn't maybe pay enough attention.  When ever anything comes up he says "others told me", "now I get it".  That does bother me.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #358 on: November 15, 2010, 09:07:41 PM »

I suppose he is saying he didn't recognize the signs of alcoholism? Does it really matter though if you put a lable on it or not? The signs do not change do they? Does it become more serious if your "wife the alcoholic" passes out on the couch, slurs her speed and stumbling a few nights per week, then just your "wife who has a few too many a few times per week" but also is found passed out on the couch, slurs her speech and at time staggers about? I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me he also was drinking. I don't know if that is true and is just my opinion. I just get the feeling there is more to come out and none of it will be pretty. 

Yes, there's more to the story.  I don't know if we'll ever know the simple truth.  Maybe....the divorce might bring out some very big surprises. Just speculation on my part.  But, I do believe this is going to be a whopper of a divorce before it's over.

Terri has not really spoken much, except for her attorney's to somewhat take the "high-road" approach.  I don't believe for one minute that it means Terri has nothing to say...just that it's not been said yet...after all, she was with Kaine for about 8 years, right?  She knows everything.  Terri probably even knows how Kaine fought Desiree for Kyron.  Terri knows Kaine IMO and probably was not surprised one bit by his court filing.  Just Desiree...boy...brings a new meaning to blind-sided.  IMO Desiree has been hit with a one-two punch.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #359 on: November 15, 2010, 09:09:04 PM »

IM - It really doesn't matter what you or I "buy".  He may not have realized until recently that her actions were alcohol related.  We really don't know. 
passed out, slurring her speech, and combative.  what did he think it was, PMS?
Good to see you O4Bull 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.