April 27, 2024, 01:10:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #35 11/11/10 - 11/21/10  (Read 176135 times)
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 11:35:42 PM »

Is anyone else watching Dateline?  Kyron segment almost over ....

I'm still waiting on the West Coast.  I'm really hoping the Blazers game doesn't interfere with Dateline...

I watched most of it, but missed some bits and pieces. Totally missed the last 5 mins or so when Terri's friends talked. I didn't pick up anything new, and just wanted to see if anyone else does.

Me, too.  We were out and got back just a few minutes into the show.  I watched and am glad that it was aired for those who have not followed the case. 

It was a good show, but I didn't learn anything new. Every time there is a national program featuring Kyron, more people hear and learn about him. There is always the hope that it will reach someone who knows something and will contact LE.

Dateline may know more than what was shown, but LE and Dateline's legal team might work together to protect the investigation.

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 11:44:57 PM »

I can't be objective.

I thought that the questions raised about TH were not really rebutted.

It appears that the high school friend has not seen her for 22 years?  I don't know what kind of testimony that could be.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2010, 11:46:20 PM »

Is anyone else watching Dateline?  Kyron segment almost over ....
I'm still waiting on the West Coast.  I'm really hoping the Blazers game doesn't interfere with Dateline...
I watched most of it, but missed some bits and pieces. Totally missed the last 5 mins or so when Terri's friends talked. I didn't pick up anything new, and just wanted to see if anyone else does.
Me, too.  We were out and got back just a few minutes into the show.  I watched and am glad that it was aired for those who have not followed the case. 
It was a good show, but I didn't learn anything new. Every time there is a national program featuring Kyron, more people hear and learn about him. There is always the hope that it will reach someone who knows something and will contact LE.

Dateline may know more than what was shown, but LE and Dateline's legal team might work together to protect the investigation.
Yes, speaking from limited personal knowledge, I believe you are spot on.  (BBM)

I am appreciating reading everyone's thoughts about the impact of the show.  So, the consensus seems to be that the material was not new to us who have followed the case closely, but that NBC did an overall good job of getting Kyron and his story out there, and keeping the spotlight on the fact that he has not been found and needs to be --- like, yesterday.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2010, 11:46:21 PM »

NBC Web Exclusives

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/

Listed under "Searching for Kyron" photo and blurb.

- Why is Terri Horman keeping quiet?
- A public plea from Kyron Horman's father
- Terri Horman's past as a champion bodybuilder

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 11:54:19 PM »

I can't be objective.

It appears that the high school friend has not seen her for 22 years?  I don't know what kind of testimony that could be.

Her high school friend was the only one who would agree to be interviewed on air. Kinda' sad, but I get the feeling that not many people want to speak about the investigation and those involved other than Kyron.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2010, 11:57:36 PM »

I can't be objective.

I agreed with that as I watched. How could he know what she is like NOW?

I also felt sad for his classmate who prays for Kyron every night.

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2010, 12:00:10 AM »

Ugh, the game is still on, still waiting for Dateline...
wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2010, 12:06:56 AM »

Because of the game they just said that the portion that is missed on Dateline tonight will be shown at 3am tomorrow! 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2010, 12:30:45 AM »

Because of the game they just said that the portion that is missed on Dateline tonight will be shown at 3am tomorrow! 

I enjoyed watching it.

It was also a good refresher.

I left you a post, wantky, in my thread Wink

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2010, 01:38:38 AM »

Thank you, I don't know that I will be up that late!  I did catch most of it, but my own little ones got out of bed at the end and I missed the last few minutes as I was getting them back in bed.

One thing was confirmed for me (or at least if you take everything on the show to be accurate) and that was that NOBODY knew about the Dr.'s appt or that Kyron was having any medical problems like mini-seizures.  I don't know if that was previously confirmed, there has been so much speculation due to the lack of information.
wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2010, 02:10:02 AM »

I enjoyed watching it.

It was also a good refresher.

I left you a post, wantky, in my thread Wink
Thanks Brandi! an angelic monkey

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2010, 02:46:10 AM »

The show was interesting, I found the woman at the gym pretty believable. She had given her impression of Terri's personality. I had no reason to not believe her.
The high school friend, from what I gathered he has been in contact with her from high school but I think it was just through the internet, so who knows.

The former prosecutor was interesting and had tid bits for each side of the "terri did it" debate.

I am still on the fence. Therefore, I return to what I normally do, research. I am looking at Sex offenders in the area. I found one in the hillsboro area. Hillsboro is the area Terri visited the 2nd store, for some reason, after that time, her phone supposedly pinged on Suave. 

JAMES FRANKLIN KEMP
Address:6983 S W LOIS STREET, HILLSBORO, OR 97123  Race:White  Sex:Male  Height: 5' 5   Weight: 160 lbs.   Eyes:Blue  Hair:Brown  Age/DOB: 1/5/1978
Solicitation of minor to engage in acts constituting crimes against nature - Any other offense committed in another state for which registration is required in that state
  Conviction Date: 4/14/1998
From what I can gather, the charge has to do with a person of the same sex.

This person is moving I would assume because the home is for sale. http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6983-SE-Lois-St-Hillsboro-OR-97123/52696912_zpid/
(It should be noted, a sex offender after repeating a crime is known to leave the area he onced lived, ie john gardner.)

Not sure if it a forecloser or a for sale by owner. I think the later but not sure. I looked at the home on google street view and there is a red car that looks like a red mustang, ie the report on sauvie island the morning of 7/10, fact or fiction, rumor or not we don't know. I am working on finding more about him, where he works or where others who live with him work. I have not found a hit on myspace or facebook as of yet.
If anybody is interested in researching this case, perhaps we can start a thread. I am only interested in research. I would like to start with Sex offenders living in the area's Terri was said to visit that day, Beaverton, Hillsboro and Sauvie. If this sounds like something you would like to do, please let me know.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2010, 06:26:55 AM »

Any legal eagles around? I have a question.

I have always thought that when pleading the 5th, it has to be the response to all questions asked in court, i.e., one cannot pick and choose which questions to answer and which to plead the 5th. If a question is answered, then pleading the 5th can no longer be used. Is this true?

Does it depend on the state? State versus Federal court? Courts versus Senate hearings.

If this requires an answer of 200 words or more, forget it. I don't listen to court cases or Senate hearings anyway. I wait for the final results.

Not much of an eagle, legal or otherwise.  However, for "under 200 words," I found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleading_the_Fifth
Pleading the Fifth

"If the defendant does answer any question put by the prosecutor during the proceeding, the protection of the Fifth Amendment is lost."

[and:]

"The U.S. supreme court ruled that the right against self-incrimination applies whether the witness is in a federal or state court (see Malloy v. Hogan, 378 U.S. 1 (1964)), and whether the proceeding itself is criminal or civil (see McCarthy v. Arndstein, 266 U.S. 34 (1924))."
--

Hmm, and a little o/t, I thought this was interesting, too, in light of the argument in Kaine's motion:

Refusal to testify in a civil case

While defendants are entitled to assert that right, there are consequences to the assertion of the Fifth Amendment in a civil action.

The Supreme Court has held that “the Fifth Amendment does not forbid adverse inferences against parties to civil actions when they refuse to testify in response to probative evidence offered against them.” Baxter v. Palmigiano, 425 U.S. 308, 318 (1976). “[A]s Mr. Justice Brandeis declared, speaking for a unanimous court in the Tod case, ‘Silence is often evidence of the most persuasive character.’” Id. at 319 (quoting United States ex rel. Bilokumsky v. Tod, 263 U.S. 149, 153-154 (1923)). “‘Failure to contest an assertion...is considered evidence of acquiescence...if it would have been natural under the circumstances to object to the assertion in question.’” Id. (quoting United States v. Hale, 422 U.S. 171, 176 (1975)).

In Baxter, the state was entitled to an adverse inference against Palmigiano because of the evidence against him and his assertion of the Fifth Amendment privilege;
--

re Part b refusal to testify in a civil case.

Hope this will apply to Terri!   

Thank you Desdemona! 

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2010, 06:38:21 AM »

I can't be objective.

That guy really creeped me out!  Gave me the willies.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2010, 06:52:20 AM »

Kyron's smiling face in most of the pic's got to me.  What a wonderful little boy.  He brought so much joy to Kaine and Desiree and many others.

Your little friend is waiting for you Kyron - He spoke of how keen you were on red frogs.  He has trouble sleeping.  You mattered and we wait for you to be brought home.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2010, 11:39:11 AM »

I can't be objective.

Ditto!  Do you think he was one of the 5 men she talked about in her texts?  He seemed more like a former boyfriend hoping to reconnect!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2010, 01:57:07 PM »

I can't be objective.

His view of her from over two decades ago has little if any impact whatsoever - if anything it would show the steady decline of morality this woman has had since he last saw her...in a word RIDICULOUS!   He was only put on there to "appear" fair & offer up some ounce of doubt that she is directly involved.  TH's darkened heart is visible, just look at her when she was younger & seemingly happier to the past year or two-the downward mouth, droopy sad eyes, obvious nervousness, etc - evil has reared its ugly head.

Let's put it this way, if she was innocent she would have been screaming from the rooftops & turning over every rock with LE to find Kyron.  Even during that first presser, she was burying her head...as I witnessed all I could muster was Susan Smith.

Ditto!  Do you think he was one of the 5 men she talked about in her texts?  He seemed more like a former boyfriend hoping to reconnect!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2010, 01:58:17 PM »

Opps!   Post above, got it within the last quote.   Mine starts with "his view" and ends with "Susan Smith."

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2010, 03:49:51 PM »

I can't be objective.

Not sure what his story was, is he just naive or does he know Terri better then just high school and most recently on facebook. I will say one thing, he is a brave man for doing the interview. 
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2010, 05:48:35 PM »

TH said that she drove around with the baby, but she didn't know where

The phone pinged on Sauvie.

She would know if she went to Sauvie or not;hence the disbelief by Desiree on TH not knowing what she had done that day.

To me, that raises the old hinky meter sky high
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.