April 28, 2024, 09:13:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #35 11/11/10 - 11/21/10  (Read 176177 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #440 on: November 16, 2010, 12:46:02 AM »

Goodnight everyone. Good discussions tonight. It was nice to see some monkeys who have not posted in a while. I appreciated the conversations so much. I think we are getting closer to answers in this case and to Kyron being found. imo of course.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: November 16, 2010, 03:04:31 AM »

BBM   Found this interview from back in June where Kaine was discussing vacation in California  -----  June 25

Transcript Of Interview With Kyron Horman Parents

POSTED: 6:48 am PDT June 25, 2010
UPDATED: 7:07 am PDT June 25, 2010

http://www.kptv.com/news/24037975/detail.html

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The parents of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman answered questions from reporters for the first time Friday.

Kyron disappeared from Skyline School after a science fair on June 4. Multnomah County detectives are treating his disappearance as a criminal investigation, but they have not announced whether any evidence has been found or if there is a person of interest in the case.

The following is a transcript of a June 25, 2010, interview with Kyron's biological father, Kaine Horman, and his biological mother, Desiree Young.

Reporter: First of all, we just want to hear about Kyron. We've heard you say that he's shy, he likes art, he likes soccer. What else can you tell us about the kind of kid he is?

Desiree Young: He's got a great sense of humor. (He's) a funny, quirky little kid. Again, he's very shy. And he likes to go to the beach. He loves fishing and camping. He likes the outdoors.

Reporter: We saw those pictures yesterday of you swimming with him.

Kaine Horman: Yeah, swimming class. He loves to be in the water. He just loves to be outside. All his activities -- baseball, mini golf, there's a couple pictures of him making sand angels at the beach. Those types of things are things he just loves to do.

Reporter: What do you both remember about the last time you saw Kyron or what you talked about?

Desiree Young: We talked about summer and spending more time together. And our trip that we had planned. And he was extremely happy about that.

Kaine Horman:   Vacation.   We were actually supposed to be on vacation right now. We were really looking forward to going down and visiting some friends in California. We were going to be there for an extended period of time. A lot of the families down there have kids around his age that he knows so we were really excited about that.

. We'll keep up the search and we will not stop until we find you.
mompalm
Scared Monkey

« Reply #442 on: November 16, 2010, 08:34:44 AM »

Terri can take the stand plead the 5th and Kaine can be called and be crossed by Terri's attorney so in actuality, she can testify by not testifying and use Kaine.

I have to say, there are many reasons to believe Terri did this, but her staying silent in my opinion is not an admission of guilt or proof of her guilt, Kaine said that and I disagree.   

TG - TY

Interesting

Well, it's like when you get a voice mail from the doctor's office and they say that, unless they hear differently from you, your appointment is considered confirmed.  They are setting the terms on their side, but doesn't really mean you confirmed the appointment.

I question how, legally, Kaine can set the terms as to how not talking can be considered an admission of guilt.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #443 on: November 16, 2010, 09:15:41 AM »

Not sure if this was posted yet.

Sonar Equipment Helping Crews In Kyron Case

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Scouring the murky bottom of the Multnomah Channel is a tedious and time consuming task, but high-tech equipment is making the job easier for searchers in the Kyron Horman investigation.

Investigators from several agencies were out on the water this weekend. They tell FOX 12 visibility is poor to bad for divers.

"You're looking at maybe one-foot of visibility at the most, so it's diving by braille" said Deputy Doug Olsen, with the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office.

When divers do get into the water, they aren't simply jumping in and looking around. Sophisticated sonar equipment is used beforehand to pinpoint exact locations where they should look first.

"Basically, we're just taking the sonar images off the bottom. We can adjust it for different widths depending on where we are," says Multnomah County Deputy Brett Lort.

The sonar scans about 100-feet off each side of the boat.

"We're just looking for images that are going to be outside of the ordinary. Things that aren't large logs and trees. Then we mark those spots and have the divers try to find those spots later," Lort says.

Investigators have not said what, if anything, they have found during this weekend's search. All do agree, however, they will help out again whenever they are needed.

"I couldn't imagine what the family's going through and just to be able to think about my children missing for that long...I want to bring closure," says Olsen.

http://www.kptv.com/news/25790396/detail.html

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: November 16, 2010, 10:12:48 AM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html

E-mail: Terri Horman accuses Kaine of being overbearing

By Anita Kissée KATU News and KATU.com Staff

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman disappeared from his elementary school, his stepmother, Terri Horman, told a friend in at least one e-mail that her husband, Kaine Horman, was overbearing.

In the April 6 e-mail obtained by KATU News, Terri writes the following about Kaine: “I have to ask him before I go out to meet anyone. I have no money because I stayed home with Kyron at birth since his natural mom wouldn't - spent all of my 30k to do so. …

“I am The one who was able to get him glasses (I noticed at 6 months when I was working with him but Kaine wouldn't go in to a doc until he was 2 years - yeah - he's farsighted 750)). He's on me about being fat. Wants me to do another show. Makes me pay $1000 a month to him for bills although it's my child support and unemployment. I do all the yard work, house work, mowing the lawn, cleaning the gutters.”

Kaine said during a Monday news conference that Terri is a “master of deception and misdirection. All the conversations she was having with people was the misdirection part.”

Kaine said he picked up on the tension between Terri and Kyron.

“Her and I were getting into arguments all the time about her relationships with the children in general, and I wasn’t finding it acceptable.”

But Kaine said he never had a reason to worry.

Kyron’s biological mother, Desiree Young, said investigators shared e-mails with her that Terri sent friends. She said in them Terri talked about hurting Kyron. Desiree said she now believes Terri is capable of doing so.

“Extreme hatred for Kyron, and she talked about hurting him and things that you just don’t talk about with children,” she told KATU News Monday evening by phone. “I don’t understand how you can feel that way about a 7-year-old.”

Young said it is now clear that Terri dislikes her and believes she transferred that to Kyron.

“I no longer had that little part of me that hoped she hadn’t done anything to Kyron,” Desiree said after she read the e-mails. “I realized that she is capable of hurting him. That was the hardest part about it.”

She said she struggles with anger and guilt because she didn’t know more.

“I’m just upset that Kyron wasn’t protected when he needed to be and unfortunately it was on Kaine’s watch.”

She said she’s mainly upset right now by finding out things - like Terri’s alleged alcoholism - through the media and court documents and not from Kaine. Kaine said he’s not hiding anything and is just finding out all of this, too.

Kyron Horman, now eight years old, has been missing since June 4. According to investigators, Terri Horman was the last known adult to see him. Investigators have not named Terri a person of interest or a suspect in the case and have not made any arrests.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: November 16, 2010, 10:34:10 AM »

Carla Castano at KOIN has been tweeting that Kaine is going to meet with reporters this a.m. at the wall of hope, and to watch KOIN News Now to find out why, but when I go to the KOIN website, I can't find anything about it.

http://twitter.com/#!/CarlaKOIN
CarlaKOIN Carla Castaño
Kyron Horman's dad meeting reporters at Wall of Hope today. Find out why on KOIN News Now at 6am.

Anyone know what it's about?

I had heard this would happen today, but I never heard or saw a scheduled time. One source (forgot which) said no new details are expected.

After Desiree's tirade this morning, this should be interesting. It will be harder for him to keep his personal life out of news on the search for Kyron.

Respectfully Grey, I absolutely think that is the wrong description to us for Desiree' interview, and frankly it just ticks me off. She's in a lot of pain. 

Respectfully, sassifrass, please call the vocabulary police or post a list of words I am allowed to use in order to keep you happy. We are here to please you.

I know she is in a lot of pain, and I am glad she was able to vent with a lot of reasons about why she is upset about Terri. It has been obvious that she has held back before, but all of this new information is too much for her to remain silent.

I'm waaaaay behind and will never be able to read every post, but after reading several of your snarky posts grey, I just couldn't take it anymore.  Add me to the list of posters who are offended by you.  AGAIN.

sometimes even the imaginary ignore button doesn't work!@!@

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: November 16, 2010, 10:38:18 AM »

I didn't watch the segment but it sounds like it was an angry speech (and who could blame her):

tirade [taɪˈreɪd]
n
1. a long angry speech or denunciation
I respect you, Klaas, and agree that the speech sounded angry.  I'm just really sick of the snark.  I'm surprised she's allowed to do this over and over and over.  Maybe I'm just too sensitive, I'm going through a trying time here, and I just really feel like Grey is over the top smartassy.  It's uncalled for, and I guess I just need to quit reading here until Grey gets some happy in her pants.

I'm sick of all the drinks and banana toasting, but I don't complain.  It's just nice forum manners, I wish Grey would learn some.

I am sorry to read you are going through a bad time.....if you want to talk or vent....go to Musing, we will be there for you if you need us.  I agree with you.....I read and try not to post.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: November 16, 2010, 10:42:57 AM »

A reminder from the Forum Rules:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8844.0

"6.  We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.  No messages that harass, insult, belittle, or threaten another member. When posting, use the Golden Rule: treat others as you would like to be treated."

Thanks Miz Bee

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: November 16, 2010, 10:43:34 AM »

Snarkiness is in the eye of the beholder and goes both ways IMO.  I agree that everyone needs to be more respectful and less snarky. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: November 16, 2010, 10:47:46 AM »

Yes, Tony was going to take Kyron fishing, but I believe a trip to CA with Kaine was also planned.

For what it's worth - Kaine says in the presser that they split summers.  He had Kyron half the summer and Desiree half the summer.  And yes I remember a trip to CA with Kaine also.

I think Terri thought Kyron would tell Kaine about her treatment of him when they went away and were alone....away from her.  She had to get rid of Kyron before that could happen. JMO

Rest in Peace Caylee

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #450 on: November 16, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman disappeared from his elementary school, his stepmother, Terri Horman, told a friend in at least one e-mail that her husband, Kaine Horman, was overbearing.

In the April 6 e-mail obtained by KATU News, Terri writes the following about Kaine: “I have to ask him before I go out to meet anyone. I have no money because I stayed home with Kyron at birth since his natural mom wouldn't - spent all of my 30k to do so. …

“I am The one who was able to get him glasses (I noticed at 6 months when I was working with him but Kaine wouldn't go in to a doc until he was 2 years - yeah - he's farsighted 750)). He's on me about being fat. Wants me to do another show. Makes me pay $1000 a month to him for bills although it's my child support and unemployment. I do all the yard work, house work, mowing the lawn, cleaning the gutters.”

Kaine said during a Monday news conference that Terri is a “master of deception and misdirection. All the conversations she was having with people was the misdirection part.”

“Her and I were getting into arguments all the time about her relationships with the children in general, and I wasn’t finding it acceptable.”

Kyron’s biological mother, Desiree Young, said investigators shared e-mails with her that Terri sent friends. She said in them Terri talked about hurting Kyron. Desiree said she now believes Terri is capable of doing so.

“Extreme hatred for Kyron, and she talked about hurting him and things that you just don’t talk about with children,” she told KATU News Monday evening by phone. “I don’t understand how you can feel that way about a 7-year-old.”

Young said it is now clear that Terri dislikes her and believes she transferred that to Kyron.

“I no longer had that little part of me that hoped she hadn’t done anything to Kyron,” Desiree said after she read the e-mails. “I realized that she is capable of hurting him. That was the hardest part about it.”

“I’m just upset that Kyron wasn’t protected when he needed to be and unfortunately it was on Kaine’s watch.”

She said she’s mainly upset right now by finding out things - like Terri’s alleged alcoholism - through the media and court documents and not from Kaine. Kaine said he’s not hiding anything and is just finding out all of this, too.

Kyron Horman, now eight years old, has been missing since June 4. According to investigators, Terri Horman was the last known adult to see him. Investigators have not named Terri a person of interest or a suspect in the case and have not made any arrests.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: November 16, 2010, 10:59:08 AM »

I finally got caught up and am still confused.....at times I think Kaine had to know that Kyron was being abused in some way by her....then I think he had his head stuck in a hole....but her drinking and passing out should have IMO been enough for him to either insist she get help of get the children away from her care.

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #452 on: November 16, 2010, 10:59:16 AM »

When are people going to learn that it isn't a great idea to email all this stuff to people?     Just plain stupid.
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #453 on: November 16, 2010, 11:02:56 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

Sorry I hit post to soon on the last quote. Klaas will you delete my previous post. My response is in reference to the sentence in blue. Does anyone know how Terri could possibly be drawing unemployment, when she has not worked in years? Unemployment is based on your quarterly earning from the previous qualifying quarters. You can't be a stay at home mom and then after 5-6 yrs to go apply for unemployment. It does not work that way.

God Bless!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: November 16, 2010, 11:04:10 AM »

thanks Darla......

no reason to worry?????

Rest in Peace Caylee

novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #455 on: November 16, 2010, 11:04:26 AM »

What is the point of placing blame now on Kaine?  Terri is the unstable one and Terri is the one LE believes harmed Kyron.  Why place blame on Kaine or Desiree?  I'm sure they both feel horrible.
I'm not blaming Kaine, his conscience will torture him for the rest of his life, my opinion is nothing but an opinion.  However, I do not like how he is speaking out of both sides of his mouth.  He is coming across as unbelievable, it appears he is a "win at any cost" kind of guy.  First with Desiree, and now with Terri.  That's my opinion, no hatred or blame, just what I see. 

Nice to see you O4Bull! 

Well...it looks like gaslighting to me...and that is a form of emotional abuse.  I lived with a gaslighter and these people make you feel like you are crazy.  They are very insidious, change stories as it suits them and turn others against you.  I can now, thankfully, recognize a gaslighter immediately after dealing with one for years. 

I think that Desiree did not go for Kyron in a court of law because she had been up against Kaine before and knew exactly what she was up against.  She was probably waiting for Kyron to get older so he could decide where he wanted to live.  That is just pure speculation on my part...but from my experiences, I believe this is what happened. 

As far as Kaine contradicting himself and Terri's emails about how miserable she was...well we know that household was not emotionally healthy.  I think that if TH had anything to do with Kyron going missing...Kyron knew something and it was going to come out this summer.  What did Kyron know?  Who has motive?  Well, Desiree's interview and Kaine's response was an eye opener for me.  Camps are dividing and for good reason...Desiree has lost Kyron twice and her tone in that interview told us that TH was not the only one capable of lying. 

Maybe Kyron is alive.  I pray for Desiree that he is.
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #456 on: November 16, 2010, 11:05:53 AM »

thanks Darla......

no reason to worry?????

Not according to court documents he filed...just saying! 
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #457 on: November 16, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »

And looking at Terri's email...here is a woman who is coming undone. She feels unappreciated, overworked and resentful.  Very apparent in the email.  Add to that possible emotional unstability and Kyron seeing or knowing something he should not...well there was the powder key.  I wonder what lit it? 
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #458 on: November 16, 2010, 11:11:59 AM »

http://www.oregon.gov/EMPLOY/UI/ui_benefit_eligibility.shtml

Note: This section explains the eligibility requirements for establishing a valid unemployment account. It does not explain all issues that can impact eligibility to receive benefits.

The minimum weekly benefit amount available is currently $116 a week. The maximum potential weekly benefit is currently $496 a week. Your weekly benefit amount is based on your recent work record for a 12-month period known as the base year.

The base year is four calendar quarters (January through March, April through June, July through September, and October through December). For Oregon claims, a Regular Base Year is the first four of the last five calendar quarters completed at the time you file your initial application. For example, if you file a new claim in May, your base year is all four quarters of the prior calendar year.

To qualify for a valid claim, your work and wages during the base period must meet one of the following two tests.

Your total base period wages must be at least one and one half times the wages in the highest quarter in the base period and at least $1000 in wages earned in subject employment, or
You must have worked 500 hours of subject employment.

Alternate Base Year:  Effective July 1, 2009, if you do not have enough wages and hours to qualify using a regular base year, your claim may be set up using an Alternate Base Year.  An Alternate Base Year uses wages and hours during the most recent four calendar quarters completed.  If you worked in the 3 month period immediately following the base year shown on your wage and potential benefit report, and you have not already asked the Employment Department to review your claim under the provisions of an Alternate Base year, please contact your UI Center.

I couldn't copy the charts to bring over but if you go to the link, it will show you how unemployment quarters work. No way was she drawing unemployment.

God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #459 on: November 16, 2010, 11:12:58 AM »

Is it at all possible that Desiree may have something in her past where she wouldn't be able to have custody of Kyron? I really don't know how this works, but it seems a lot of the time the mom gets the children over the dad, not all the time, but it seems most of the time. She seems like a very nice woman and has a stable home life, but maybe she was afraid to go and pursue this in court, not that she wouldn't be a good mother to Kyron but was afraid she may lose in court? I just don't know, or maybe she figured she couldn't win against Kaine?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.