April 27, 2024, 10:29:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #35 11/11/10 - 11/21/10  (Read 176129 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #500 on: November 16, 2010, 01:43:08 PM »

you know I seem recall there was an herbal medication which came under fire in the early 2000's maybe 2003 or 2004 ish, for causeing health problems. I recall something about treatments available in Canada and Mexico. Does anybody else recall this?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #501 on: November 16, 2010, 01:45:06 PM »

I don't believe for a minute that Kiara doesn't ask for her mom, little kids like that would always ask for their mom.

Totally agree.  And...so would most other people...therefore, it does not help Kaine's cause when he makes those statements.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #502 on: November 16, 2010, 01:49:14 PM »

Hi NR!  I don't know...after the affair KH had with TH when she was pregnant then the medical issues and custody battle...I think (pure speculation) that DY felt she could not win against KH.  DY is a victim just as her son.
(Edit to add missing quote bracket. MB)  

I haven't heard of a "custody battle".  Correct me if I'm wrong, please...what I recall is that during Desiree's illness she went to Canada and had a recovery period.  During that time, Desiree thought it best for the "dad's" of her two boys to watch after the boys.  Then...when Desiree was better, she asked both dad's to let her have the boys back and they refused.  I did not hear there was a court battle over either son.  That she asked the two dads to let her have her boys and both dads wouldn't agree to give back the boy.  I do wonder why "both" dads wouldn't return custody of the sons back to Desiree.  Maybe there were court battles, but I've not read anything about it.

Has anyone else any knowledge?

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in-seattle/kyron-horman-update-family-turmoil-two-911-calls-saturday-at-horman-residence-dad-moves-out
In 2003 Desiree and Kaine’s divorce is final. They share custody of Kyron who lives mostly with Desiree.

By 2004 Terri is back in school and earns her master’s in education at Pacific University in Forest Grove.

Also in 2004 Desiree moves to Canada for medical treatment. Terri, Desiree’s friend, offers to move in with Kaine to help care for Kyron, a toddler at the time. She brings her son James with her.

Just two months later Desiree returns from Canada with $30,000 in bills. She moves in with her parents in Medford and allegedly did not try to regain custody of Kyron. She did maintain a relationship with him.

I do not know for certain...but I imagine there was a custody battle during the divorce because of this:

Because Desiree was afraid Kaine would take Kyron and her older son from a previous marriage, she filed a restraining order against him when she was divorcing him (Just above the mid story ad http://wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/ ) and it was granted by the judge.

What hasn’t been made public is the fact that, a month after filing for divorce, Young sought a restraining order against Kaine Horman, Kyron’s dad.

At the time, she had a 7-year-old son from a previous marriage. In court documents, Young said she feared Kaine Horman would “remove our children from their residence.” It’s unclear whether the couple was living together at the time. Washington County Circuit Judge Donald Letourneau granted Young’s request, forbidding either her or Kaine Horman from taking the children without the other’s consent.http://wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #503 on: November 16, 2010, 01:55:16 PM »

What did Desiree mean by "our children" as far as we know, they only have one child, correct? I don't think she would be talking about her oldest son. I hate asking this and I hope it is not so, but did they have another child together?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #504 on: November 16, 2010, 01:55:48 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html

E-mail: Terri Horman accuses Kaine of being overbearing

By Anita Kissée KATU News and KATU.com Staff

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman disappeared from his elementary school, his stepmother, Terri Horman, told a friend in at least one e-mail that her husband, Kaine Horman, was overbearing.

In the April 6 e-mail obtained by KATU News, Terri writes the following about Kaine: “I have to ask him before I go out to meet anyone. I have no money because I stayed home with Kyron at birth since his natural mom wouldn't - spent all of my 30k to do so. …

“I am The one who was able to get him glasses (I noticed at 6 months when I was working with him but Kaine wouldn't go in to a doc until he was 2 years - yeah - he's farsighted 750)). He's on me about being fat. Wants me to do another show. Makes me pay $1000 a month to him for bills although it's my child support and unemployment. I do all the yard work, house work, mowing the lawn, cleaning the gutters.”

Kaine said during a Monday news conference that Terri is a “master of deception and misdirection. All the conversations she was having with people was the misdirection part.”

Kaine said he picked up on the tension between Terri and Kyron.

“Her and I were getting into arguments all the time about her relationships with the children in general, and I wasn’t finding it acceptable.”

But Kaine said he never had a reason to worry.

Kyron’s biological mother, Desiree Young, said investigators shared e-mails with her that Terri sent friends. She said in them Terri talked about hurting Kyron. Desiree said she now believes Terri is capable of doing so.

“Extreme hatred for Kyron, and she talked about hurting him and things that you just don’t talk about with children,” she told KATU News Monday evening by phone. “I don’t understand how you can feel that way about a 7-year-old.”

Young said it is now clear that Terri dislikes her and believes she transferred that to Kyron.

“I no longer had that little part of me that hoped she hadn’t done anything to Kyron,” Desiree said after she read the e-mails. “I realized that she is capable of hurting him. That was the hardest part about it.”

She said she struggles with anger and guilt because she didn’t know more.

“I’m just upset that Kyron wasn’t protected when he needed to be and unfortunately it was on Kaine’s watch.”

She said she’s mainly upset right now by finding out things - like Terri’s alleged alcoholism - through the media and court documents and not from Kaine. Kaine said he’s not hiding anything and is just finding out all of this, too.

Kyron Horman, now eight years old, has been missing since June 4. According to investigators, Terri Horman was the last known adult to see him. Investigators have not named Terri a person of interest or a suspect in the case and have not made any arrests.

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

Sorry I hit post to soon on the last quote. Klaas will you delete my previous post. My response is in reference to the sentence in blue. Does anyone know how Terri could possibly be drawing unemployment, when she has not worked in years? Unemployment is based on your quarterly earning from the previous qualifying quarters. You can't be a stay at home mom and then after 5-6 yrs to go apply for unemployment. It does not work that way.

Agree....begs the question:  just how old are these emails?

It has been stated before that Terri was on unemployment for the last 2 years.  Her unemployment ended this past June..so I would say these emails were fairly recent.

It may not have been the first time she was on unemployment, either.

Wait...

her unemployment ended in June

her email says Kaine "makes her" pay him $1000 a month

the marriage is in deep trouble according to many

money's run out (unemployment payments stopped)

how's she going to pay the $1000 a month that Kaine demands

btw...she's a stay at home mom for three kids -2 of the Kaine's (so he doesn't pay babysitters)
she takes care of the house and chores
she takes care of the yard work

yet she "has to" pay $1000?  on top of all the work she provides?

she hires a landscaper to help clear out huge blackberry vines
and Kaine makes her fire the landscaper

my noodle is noodling that there's something a little strange about this...

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #505 on: November 16, 2010, 01:59:23 PM »

Hi NR!  I don't know...after the affair KH had with TH when she was pregnant then the medical issues and custody battle...I think (pure speculation) that DY felt she could not win against KH.  DY is a victim just as her son.
(Edit to add missing quote bracket. MB)  

I haven't heard of a "custody battle".  Correct me if I'm wrong, please...what I recall is that during Desiree's illness she went to Canada and had a recovery period.  During that time, Desiree thought it best for the "dad's" of her two boys to watch after the boys.  Then...when Desiree was better, she asked both dad's to let her have the boys back and they refused.  I did not hear there was a court battle over either son.  That she asked the two dads to let her have her boys and both dads wouldn't agree to give back the boy.  I do wonder why "both" dads wouldn't return custody of the sons back to Desiree.  Maybe there were court battles, but I've not read anything about it.

Has anyone else any knowledge?

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in-seattle/kyron-horman-update-family-turmoil-two-911-calls-saturday-at-horman-residence-dad-moves-out
In 2003 Desiree and Kaine’s divorce is final. They share custody of Kyron who lives mostly with Desiree.

By 2004 Terri is back in school and earns her master’s in education at Pacific University in Forest Grove.

Also in 2004 Desiree moves to Canada for medical treatment. Terri, Desiree’s friend, offers to move in with Kaine to help care for Kyron, a toddler at the time. She brings her son James with her.

Just two months later Desiree returns from Canada with $30,000 in bills. She moves in with her parents in Medford and allegedly did not try to regain custody of Kyron. She did maintain a relationship with him.

I do not know for certain...but I imagine there was a custody battle during the divorce because of this:

Because Desiree was afraid Kaine would take Kyron and her older son from a previous marriage, she filed a restraining order against him when she was divorcing him (Just above the mid story ad http://wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/ ) and it was granted by the judge.

What hasn’t been made public is the fact that, a month after filing for divorce, Young sought a restraining order against Kaine Horman, Kyron’s dad.

At the time, she had a 7-year-old son from a previous marriage. In court documents, Young said she feared Kaine Horman would “remove our children from their residence.” It’s unclear whether the couple was living together at the time. Washington County Circuit Judge Donald Letourneau granted Young’s request, forbidding either her or Kaine Horman from taking the children without the other’s consent.http://wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/

I thought that TH was making moves on Kaine when Desiree was pregnant?  I don't buy that Terri offered to move in with Kaine as a gesture of friendship towards Desiree.  Some of the people that write for that website make a lot of errors.
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #506 on: November 16, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »

I agree monchichi about that website...my main point was the restraining order DY filed on KH...before custody and the divorce was resolved.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #507 on: November 16, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »

I agree monchichi about that website...my main point was the restraining order DY filed on KH...before custody and the divorce was resolved.

Yeah, that makes you wonder.  I don't know if that is a standard move in divorces/custody issues.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #508 on: November 16, 2010, 02:32:48 PM »

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman disappeared from his elementary school, his stepmother, Terri Horman, told a friend in at least one e-mail that her husband, Kaine Horman, was overbearing.

In the April 6 e-mail obtained by KATU News, Terri writes the following about Kaine: “I have to ask him before I go out to meet anyone. I have no money because I stayed home with Kyron at birth since his natural mom wouldn't - spent all of my 30k to do so. …

“I am The one who was able to get him glasses (I noticed at 6 months when I was working with him but Kaine wouldn't go in to a doc until he was 2 years - yeah - he's farsighted 750)). He's on me about being fat. Wants me to do another show. Makes me pay $1000 a month to him for bills although it's my child support and unemployment. I do all the yard work, house work, mowing the lawn, cleaning the gutters.”

Kaine said during a Monday news conference that Terri is a “master of deception and misdirection. All the conversations she was having with people was the misdirection part.”

“Her and I were getting into arguments all the time about her relationships with the children in general, and I wasn’t finding it acceptable.”

Kyron’s biological mother, Desiree Young, said investigators shared e-mails with her that Terri sent friends. She said in them Terri talked about hurting Kyron. Desiree said she now believes Terri is capable of doing so.

“Extreme hatred for Kyron, and she talked about hurting him and things that you just don’t talk about with children,” she told KATU News Monday evening by phone. “I don’t understand how you can feel that way about a 7-year-old.”

Young said it is now clear that Terri dislikes her and believes she transferred that to Kyron.

“I no longer had that little part of me that hoped she hadn’t done anything to Kyron,” Desiree said after she read the e-mails. “I realized that she is capable of hurting him. That was the hardest part about it.”

“I’m just upset that Kyron wasn’t protected when he needed to be and unfortunately it was on Kaine’s watch.”

She said she’s mainly upset right now by finding out things - like Terri’s alleged alcoholism - through the media and court documents and not from Kaine. Kaine said he’s not hiding anything and is just finding out all of this, too.

Kyron Horman, now eight years old, has been missing since June 4. According to investigators, Terri Horman was the last known adult to see him. Investigators have not named Terri a person of interest or a suspect in the case and have not made any arrests.

Sorry I hit post to soon on the last quote. Klaas will you delete my previous post. My response is in reference to the sentence in blue. Does anyone know how Terri could possibly be drawing unemployment, when she has not worked in years? Unemployment is based on your quarterly earning from the previous qualifying quarters. You can't be a stay at home mom and then after 5-6 yrs to go apply for unemployment. It does not work that way.

It has been stated before that Terri was on unemployment for the last 2 years.  Her unemployment ended this past June..so I would say these emails were fairly recent.

Wait...

btw...she's a stay at home mom for three kids -2 of the Kaine's (so he doesn't pay babysitters)

I think it is a matter of how you look at the payments. The 1000 per month included child support which it is not Terri's money but money to help support James and a place for James while he was with Terri. The unemployment was most likely put into the household funds.
All couples do this differently. My husband and I have one general fund, everything including any money from another business I have and also the child support I receive for my children. But in my husbands previous marriage, they had separate accounts and split bills 50/50. In my previous marriage I was a stay at home mom, my ex earned the money while I cared for the house. It was a general fund again and each of us received what we called, "fun money" to do with as we please. Perhaps Kaine had a general fund but terri didn't get "fun money"? 
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #509 on: November 16, 2010, 02:48:05 PM »

Wait...

The email was from April 6, so the unemployment had not run out.  We don't know that Kaine would have continued to "make" her pay $1000 a month, we don't know how much income she had overall, and it makes sense to me if he was paying for a roof over their  (including James up until he moved out) heads and all of the bills, that she should contribute some of whatever income she had to the family.  The point being they were a "family" and why should he support them all on his own income while Terri gets to keep all of her income for what?

Besides, from previous posts, it sounds like the Horman men were familiar with doing their own laundry and dishes.  It doesn't seem like Terri had to do everything.  And sorry but, if you aren't the one working outside the home, you usually do more around the house.
neighbor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #510 on: November 16, 2010, 02:49:17 PM »

I don't believe for a minute that Kiara doesn't ask for her mom, little kids like that would always ask for their mom.

I don't think Kiara would understand any of this. She is probably confused as to why her mommy and Kyron are not home. Kids at that age, their world is so small and so limited, the concepts of this case will be beyond her limites. If she is not verbalizing "where is mommy" then perhaps she doesn't have the words to put her thoughts into words? We hear one thing, she cared for Kiara and loved her, she gave her a lot of attention and loved her very much. Logic implys she would be missing her mother, even if her words do not convey that. Again, I think this is a custody battle and a bit of exaggeration on Kaines part.  ...

According to one of the other parents in Ki's daycare, she changed 180 degrees and is a happy little girl now.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #511 on: November 16, 2010, 02:52:04 PM »

Wait...

The email was from April 6, so the unemployment had not run out.  We don't know that Kaine would have continued to "make" her pay $1000 a month, we don't know how much income she had overall, and it makes sense to me if he was paying for a roof over their  (including James up until he moved out) heads and all of the bills, that she should contribute some of whatever income she had to the family.  The point being they were a "family" and why should he support them all on his own income while Terri gets to keep all of her income for what?

Besides, from previous posts, it sounds like the Horman men were familiar with doing their own laundry and dishes.  It doesn't seem like Terri had to do everything.  And sorry but, if you aren't the one working outside the home, you usually do more around the house.

Okay...email in April.  James was gone by February..2-3 months before April. Why would she have to be paying Kaine for James in April?  Also, what Kaine was supposedly demanding...well part of those funds were going to run out in June.  Where was Terri going to the the money to pay Kaine the $1000 after the unemployment ran out?  June - strange timing.

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #512 on: November 16, 2010, 02:52:19 PM »

I don't think Kiara would understand any of this. She is probably confused as to why her mommy and Kyron are not home. Kids at that age, their world is so small and so limited, the concepts of this case will be beyond her limites. If she is not verbalizing "where is mommy" then perhaps she doesn't have the words to put her thoughts into words? We hear one thing, she cared for Kiara and loved her, she gave her a lot of attention and loved her very much. Logic implys she would be missing her mother, even if her words do not convey that. Again, I think this is a custody battle and a bit of exaggeration on Kaines part.  ...

According to one of the other parents in Ki's daycare, she changed 180 degrees and is a happy little girl now.

I had heard Kaine has said that, it is good to hear people outside of the family are saying the same thing!
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #513 on: November 16, 2010, 02:56:03 PM »

Morning Monkeys and Guest!

Wait...

[/quote]

I think it is a matter of how you look at the payments. The 1000 per month included child support which it is not Terri's money but money to help support James and a place for James while he was with Terri. The unemployment was most likely put into the household funds.
All couples do this differently. My husband and I have one general fund, everything including any money from another business I have and also the child support I receive for my children. But in my husbands previous marriage, they had separate accounts and split bills 50/50. In my previous marriage I was a stay at home mom, my ex earned the money while I cared for the house. It was a general fund again and each of us received what we called, "fun money" to do with as we please. Perhaps Kaine had a general fund but terri didn't get "fun money"? 
[/quote]

I think Terri is lying about unemployment. If you go back and read the link I posted a couple of pages back it will clearly tell you all you need to know about filing for unemployment. IIRC Terri has not had a job for about 5 or 6 yrs. unemployment runs out after 26 weeks , but she hasn't had a job so she is not elligible to apply for it.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: November 16, 2010, 02:57:23 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT!

Guests

1. Former DA, author and law professor Wendy Murphy

"how-to" book for child predators is NOT protected "speech"  http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/11/12/wendy-murphy-amazon-pedophile-guide-love-pleasure-rights-supreme-court/

Also her thoughts on the Zahra Baker case. 9pm et

2. Blink from Blink On crime www.blinkoncrime.com  Discussing breaking news in the George/Ocasio cases  9:25pm et

3. Jossy Mansur - Diario - regarding the jawbone recently found on the beach in Aruba. 

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #515 on: November 16, 2010, 02:57:58 PM »

Wait...

Okay...email in April.  James was gone by February..2-3 months before April. Why would she have to be paying Kaine for James in April?  Also, what Kaine was supposedly demanding...well part of those funds were going to run out in June.  Where was Terri going to the the money to pay Kaine the $1000 after the unemployment ran out?  June - strange timing.

I didn't mean that she was paying specifically for James, but they were married, living together, and had a child together, why should her income be entirely hers alone?  Why shouldn't she contribute something if she has income from unemployment or other sources?  We do not know Kaine expected her to continue contributing that amount forever.  What would she have done with all of that money otherwise? 
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #516 on: November 16, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »

IIRC, Terri had done some substitute teaching at different times, and also she had been involved with making some guide book or something for the school district, which I think she may have been paid for.  I don't know if she could qualify for unemployment after working on something like that.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #517 on: November 16, 2010, 03:01:35 PM »

Wait...

[/quote]

I think Terri is lying about unemployment. If you go back and read the link I posted a couple of pages back it will clearly tell you all you need to know about filing for unemployment. IIRC Terri has not had a job for about 5 or 6 yrs. unemployment runs out after 26 weeks , but she hasn't had a job so she is not elligible to apply for it.
[/quote]

I know that in Oregon there has been extentions for unemployment money. My ex had unemployment benefits for about 78 weeks.
neighbor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #518 on: November 16, 2010, 03:10:20 PM »

Wait...

IIRC the usual maximum for unemployment compensation is 26 weeks and depends on how much unemployment insurance you paid (how long you were employed).  However .. given the economy there have been extensions up to 52 weeks.  Having said that, given TMH's work history, I highly doubt that she qualified for any of that.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #519 on: November 16, 2010, 03:17:02 PM »

There are extensions, but I assume your husband had a job to be unemployed from?

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.