April 28, 2024, 12:45:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #35 11/11/10 - 11/21/10  (Read 176161 times)
tnmomb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #600 on: November 17, 2010, 10:25:48 PM »

If you want to read about Bottoms up, go to Google earth type in
16900 NW St Helens Rd, Portland, Or. 97231 and click on the little green cocktail glass. It will open a window that will tell you just about all you want to know about bottoms up. More than you want to know. It is a horrible place, and yes a biker bar.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #601 on: November 17, 2010, 10:43:12 PM »

It's not that I don't believe that TH could have worked at Bottoms up, but I think that FB page is fake.

The owner has 5 friends?  That's really hard to believe.

And that pic of him and Kaine looks photo shopped to me.  Kaine's head looks huge compares to his, and the arm angles are weird.

I hope some photo shop expert will look at it.

Ok, I couldn't sleep and peeked in. HK, I have FB and only have 8 friends, some of which I have added and deleted. I use it for a tool. I have a few friends from when I lived on the east coast, and now I have 1 Monkey that is a child advocate.

What I'm trying to say is that I use it for a tool only.

As far as the photo shop pic, IMO, I don't believe that. 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #602 on: November 17, 2010, 10:45:29 PM »

Didn't she mention this name in her sexts to M Cook ? It wouldn't surprise me of she worked there when she met Kaine.
After they were married, she did work at a nicer place as a manager, a dining room , family type of place, I do remember reading that.
But does it matter ? Doesn't help with finding Kyron.
I don't believe I have ever doubted what Desiree has had to say. I am glad she has married up and has Tony. 
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #603 on: November 17, 2010, 10:47:51 PM »

I just have a hinky feeling that this is where Terri went. What happened then, only Terri knows. JMO.

O/T Is there a sleep guardian angel out there?   an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #604 on: November 17, 2010, 10:52:40 PM »

Didn't she mention this name in her sexts to M Cook ? It wouldn't surprise me of she worked there when she met Kaine.
After they were married, she did work at a nicer place as a manager, a dining room , family type of place, I do remember reading that.
But does it matter ? Doesn't help with finding Kyron.
I don't believe I have ever doubted what Desiree has had to say. I am glad she has married up and has Tony. 

I agree, it doesn't help find Kyron, but if, and I say IF, she went there and hooked up with someone, then it would help in finding Kyron.

Joni97103
Scared Monkey

« Reply #605 on: November 17, 2010, 10:55:19 PM »

Hi Monkeys...I missed the conversation yesterday about unemployment but wanted to mention something.  There is no way that TH could have been making much from her unemployment, IF she had it at all, which I highly doubt. 

I am currently on unemployment, just started the 2nd phase (extension), which is for 20 more weeks.  The maximum amount of unemployment paid in Oregon is around $478/mo, regardless of how much you made.  I made over $15/hr in the job I was laid off from, and my unemployment is right around $400.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #606 on: November 17, 2010, 11:02:28 PM »

Hi Monkeys...I missed the conversation yesterday about unemployment but wanted to mention something.  There is no way that TH could have been making much from her unemployment, IF she had it at all, which I highly doubt. 

I am currently on unemployment, just started the 2nd phase (extension), which is for 20 more weeks.  The maximum amount of unemployment paid in Oregon is around $478/mo, regardless of how much you made.  I made over $15/hr in the job I was laid off from, and my unemployment is right around $400.

Yeah Joni, it's typically around 70% of your wages.

She stated she was a stay at home mom and did volunteer work at Skyline. I don't believe they get paid for that. IF she was a teachers assistant, then yes, she would get paid for that.

Basically, we don't know the facts on her work history that would enable her to collect unemployment which we aren't even sure she did. For all I know, she could have been telling Kaine that she was getting unemployment and actually working for the goochie bar. JMO.

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #607 on: November 17, 2010, 11:04:32 PM »

If there is in fact a Bottom's Up connection, I think it is important  in the search for Kyron.

I wish someone would look at the FB pic of Kaine and the owner as much as they scrutinized the picture of Kyron at the science fair, though.

A guy like the owner of that bar would have tons of friends, though, I feel on FB. 

Anyone that I know that is a business owner (though not of that type of place) has tons of "friends".
Joni97103
Scared Monkey

« Reply #608 on: November 17, 2010, 11:08:09 PM »

Yeah Joni, it's typically around 70% of your wages.

She stated she was a stay at home mom and did volunteer work at Skyline. I don't believe they get paid for that. IF she was a teachers assistant, then yes, she would get paid for that.

Basically, we don't know the facts on her work history that would enable her to collect unemployment which we aren't even sure she did. For all I know, she could have been telling Kaine that she was getting unemployment and actually working for the goochie bar. JMO.

Hi Sassi...yes, one time many years ago when I was on unemployment for awhile, it was more than I'm getting now, so Oregon's scale is different from some states.  I just went and looked, and the potential maximum benefit is $496.  Gotta feel sorry for my ex-boss, who was laid off at the same time I was, and he was making over 100K a year. 
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #609 on: November 17, 2010, 11:27:06 PM »

HK: It doesn't surprise me that he only has 5 friends on his FB. This guy has, as far as I know, owns 2 bars. One is a strip club, and the other is a family bar/restaurant. The latter I believe is just a cover up for his other bar, IMO.

Joni: I feel for you and I'm not quite sure I understand it. I had a tenant that was a professor at one of the colleges here in Oregon, and when he got laid off he collected unemployment. I don't know what his income was at that time but it was enough to pay the rent and then buy a house. So that part is a bit perplexing to me.

Joni97103
Scared Monkey

« Reply #610 on: November 17, 2010, 11:37:21 PM »

HK: It doesn't surprise me that he only has 5 friends on his FB. This guy has, as far as I know, owns 2 bars. One is a strip club, and the other is a family bar/restaurant. The latter I believe is just a cover up for his other bar, IMO.

Joni: I feel for you and I'm not quite sure I understand it. I had a tenant that was a professor at one of the colleges here in Oregon, and when he got laid off he collected unemployment. I don't know what his income was at that time but it was enough to pay the rent and then buy a house. So that part is a bit perplexing to me.

He probably had PERS as well, which is the state employees retirement system...

OK..back on topic Smile  I don't like the look of that place, and it has come up in conversation on several boards
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #611 on: November 17, 2010, 11:40:21 PM »

that unemployment is really low!

As far as the professor, maybe he was a trust fund baby.  sometimes people have other means of money.

That could be that TH was getting a secret wage from somewhere.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: November 18, 2010, 08:48:39 AM »

Just a thought regarding TH's statement about $30K used in their marriage...and you guys know my thoughts and statements are usually just fluff and no substance but here goes...right before she met KH or around that time didn't TH get some kind of settlement from a bad business venture or accident or something like it?  This is where she may have had money put up from to use in the beginning of their marriage.  I dunno, probably just another one of her exaggerations.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #613 on: November 18, 2010, 09:42:07 AM »

If you want to read about Bottoms up, go to Google earth type in
16900 NW St Helens Rd, Portland, Or. 97231 and click on the little green cocktail glass. It will open a window that will tell you just about all you want to know about bottoms up. More than you want to know. It is a horrible place, and yes a biker bar.

May I ask why this is a horrible place? It looks kind of small to be a strip club, and we have a biker bar/restaurant in the canyon by our house and I have never known them to cause trouble there, though it isn't a strip club.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #614 on: November 18, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »

She was in some kind of car accident as well, but $30 k sounds like too much of a settlement as she settled within 6 months.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #615 on: November 18, 2010, 10:35:01 AM »

I think the school district was in her plan for a law suit.

She is experienced.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #616 on: November 18, 2010, 10:38:17 AM »

Is Bottoms Up a gay bar?

Please, no bashing - it's a legitimate question. I seriously thought this was a chain of gay bars... No, I'm not starting rumors either.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #617 on: November 18, 2010, 10:40:54 AM »

Is Bottoms Up a gay bar?

Please, no bashing - it's a legitimate question. I seriously thought this was a chain of gay bars... No, I'm not starting rumors either.
It appears to be some kind of strip bar, but couldn't tell you to what degree. There was only one comment in the bar sites web page, and it clearly was talking about a woman that works there.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: November 18, 2010, 10:45:24 AM »

Is Bottoms Up a gay bar?

It appears to be some kind of strip bar, but couldn't tell you to what degree. There was only one comment in the bar sites web page, and it clearly was talking about a woman that works there.

Thanks BRCG! Nice to se eyou! I'm googling the info now. I know some gay bars do other things to bring in larger crowds...such as stripping. I'm not suggesting anything, only just now saw this & typed exactly what came into my mind from past knowledge. I know there's a Bottom's Up in Orlando, which is where I lived some time ago. I've been so busy since football season came into play (3 boys) and one of them in cross country - busy mama! Again, very sorry for the brief hits & misses but I'm always trying to check in here and on Blink's site. I'll look more into Bottoms Up Tavern & it's owner...
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: November 18, 2010, 10:59:48 AM »

Has this been posted yet?

http://portland.everyblock.com/restaurant-inspections/by-date/2010/9/9/298420/

Restaurant inspection details
Location 16900 NW St Helens Rd 

Establishment name  Bottoms Up Tavern 
Inspection type  Semiannual
This is a regular, semiannual inspection. Oregon Revised Statutes require food establishments to be inspected at least twice a year.

Score  93 
Inspection report Code Violations Comments Corrective text Corrective comments
SECTION 4-203.12 Ambient air temperature measuring devices are not accurately or properly scaled, specifically: Please provide a 0-220 degrees probe thermometer(not 50-550 degrees). REQUIRED CORRECTION: Ambient air temperature measuring devices shall be accurate to plus or minus 3°F. None
SECTION 4-602.12 Cooking and baking equipment or the interior of microwaves are not cleaned at least once every 24 hours, specifically: Kitchen microwave:Interior is soiled with old food debris, please clean and maintain on regular basis. REQUIRED CORRECTION: The food-contact surfaces of cooking and baking equipment and interior cavities of microwave ovens must be cleaned at least every 24 hours. None
SECTION 6-501.12 The establishment is not cleaned as often as necessary or at a time when the least amount of food is exposed, specifically: Floor drain for food prep sink, please clean on regular basis. REQUIRED CORRECTION: The physical facilities shall be cleaned as often as necessary to keep them clean. Cleaning shall be done during periods when the least amount of food is exposed, such as after closing. None

Added to EveryBlock on September 24, 2010.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.