June 16, 2024, 10:38:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #35 11/11/10 - 11/21/10  (Read 178829 times)
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2010, 12:31:51 AM »

Divers out on Sauvie Island today searching the water for Kyron. They will return again tomorrow. Lets pray they find something this time. Before the River and local waterways get way too swift and high to be searched safely.

Saw it on the news at 5;00pm KPTV. 

Here is a link to KGW.com

http://www.kgw.com/home/related/newkyronsearch-107821564.html

Thanks for the info and link.

*fingers crossed*

I have a really dumb question. It looks like the word "Search" is added to the sign. What is under "Search", i.e., what is "in progress" when it is not a "Search"?

I haven't seen it but, is it "and Rescue" that is covered?  Sad

There's a photo at the link. It looks as though it is covering one word. The type size for "Search" is the same as on the sign base, so there is only room for one word. Perhaps they attach different words and there is a blank on the base. Just curious.

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2010, 12:45:08 AM »

I wonder if dateline paid for those videos of TH?
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2010, 01:26:52 AM »

Divers out on Sauvie Island today searching the water for Kyron. They will return again tomorrow. Lets pray they find something this time. Before the River and local waterways get way too swift and high to be searched safely.

*fingers crossed*

I have a really dumb question. It looks like the word "Search" is added to the sign. What is under "Search", i.e., what is "in progress" when it is not a "Search"?

There's a photo at the link. It looks as though it is covering one word. The type size for "Search" is the same as on the sign base, so there is only room for one word. Perhaps they attach different words and there is a blank on the base. Just curious.

Hmm.  Maybe Recovery?  I think I've seen those before, but don't recall.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2010, 02:08:10 AM »

So, where does this go from here? Will Terri cave? NO way in He**. What does her attorney plan? Will this become a civil suit? Will Desiree sue Terri, and have info that would not come out in a criminal case, just to find out where Kyron is?

I personally think,that Desiree or Kaine is going to pursue this civilly so they get the answers they need.  Civilly, the court allows much more info than the criminal courts. They will work around this one way or another.  JMO

Yea Terri is taking the advice of her attorney and not talking at all, nothing, nada, nil. If she is guilty this is what she will do until she is tied to the crime. If she is not guilty, there is nothing she can really say. If she comes out and says she is not guilty, everybody will just scream she is lying. Guilty or not, she aint talking!

I get the feeling from Desiree finding Kyron is the #1 goal. I believe her when she says she will never stop looking. I know one day she will find him. I was thinking about her all day. When she said if she had just known she would have taken him from that house, I believe that with every fiber of my being. Ugh it is just so sad to me. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2010, 02:35:23 AM »

The show was interesting, I found the woman at the gym pretty believable. She had given her impression of Terri's personality. I had no reason to not believe her.
The high school friend, from what I gathered he has been in contact with her from high school but I think it was just through the internet, so who knows.

The former prosecutor was interesting and had tid bits for each side of the "terri did it" debate.

I am still on the fence. Therefore, I return to what I normally do, research. I am looking at Sex offenders in the area. I found one in the hillsboro area. Hillsboro is the area Terri visited the 2nd store, for some reason, after that time, her phone supposedly pinged on Suave. 

JAMES FRANKLIN KEMP
Address:6983 S W LOIS STREET, HILLSBORO, OR 97123  Race:White  Sex:Male  Height: 5' 5   Weight: 160 lbs.   Eyes:Blue  Hair:Brown  Age/DOB: 1/5/1978
Solicitation of minor to engage in acts constituting crimes against nature - Any other offense committed in another state for which registration is required in that state
  Conviction Date: 4/14/1998
From what I can gather, the charge has to do with a person of the same sex.

This person is moving I would assume because the home is for sale. http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6983-SE-Lois-St-Hillsboro-OR-97123/52696912_zpid/
(It should be noted, a sex offender after repeating a crime is known to leave the area he onced lived, ie john gardner.)

Not sure if it a forecloser or a for sale by owner. I think the later but not sure. I looked at the home on google street view and there is a red car that looks like a red mustang, ie the report on sauvie island the morning of 7/10, fact or fiction, rumor or not we don't know. I am working on finding more about him, where he works or where others who live with him work. I have not found a hit on myspace or facebook as of yet.
If anybody is interested in researching this case, perhaps we can start a thread. I am only interested in research. I would like to start with Sex offenders living in the area's Terri was said to visit that day, Beaverton, Hillsboro and Sauvie. If this sounds like something you would like to do, please let me know.

Interesting info.......I can search the clerk of court records and see if the home is in short sale, pre-foreclosure or foreclosure if you'd like, just give me the county.

Also, I have been reading all summer but not posting so much as we've had alot going on here and IRL, but I have so many questions:

1) What was the consensus about the text that Blink posted, is it that they are fruit of the poisionous tree or just something else?

2) How often did Kyron go visit his mom, was it every other weekend (as it should be) and who took him? Was it whomever was available because I thought I read early on it was Terri - but there is so much that is fact I wanted to double check?

3) I was happy to see a full hour devoted to this sweet little boy on Dateline last night, it answered on question about where Kitty was as I wondered if she really went to the Science Fair with Terri or not, but did find it odd nobody from the school mentioned it, unless I missed that part, so did another monkey catch that part or was it only the woman in the FM store that saw Terri with Kitty?

4) Does anyone know where the LS wife and kids are?

5) Has there been anything else reported about the man who looked like the turf tech who was mowing at Skyline and the attempted abduction of another child, IIRC the sketch looked so much like him it was freaky?

6) IIRC in the beginning LE mentioned that Kristian H was part of the investigation, has that been kept close to the vest because I don't recall much more info ever being released from LE.

7) Do we know and I am only asking since I recall Blink mentioning the polygraph and "not knowing what questions" Terri failed, so has that ever been established thru her sources?

Cool Has anyone ever read or seen "Along comes a Spider" by James Patterson......in the book/movie a child was removed from the school by a teacher in a small file cabinet type box, you know when they roll TV's into the school rooms on carts, well this was like that cart on wheels and the teacher just knocked the child out and put him in this "cabinet", loaded in his SUV and kept the child on a boat? I know it sounds preposterous but ppl do emulate what they see in movies etc when committing crimes (although it's rare, it has happened) and other than Terri I have wondered about anyone on the campus such as a janitor, substitute etc having access to kids as it does seem security there was lax by my standards and any school my children ever attended?

I am still shocked there has been no movement in this case as in an arrest, and I can only imagine the hell the family is going thru  and it is infuriating to see it linger without anything solid. I just pray LE does have so much more than they have released and something that will stick in a court of law. I know they owe nothing to the public, but it reminds me so much of Haleigh's case and I would be pizzed if it ends up like that with no resolution as to his disappearance and likely death, but just other charges. I want whomever did this to pay and pay dearly for taking Kryon from his loved ones. It broke my heart to see Desiree last night when she talked about "if I knew about Terri's drinking and passing out every night etc, I would have him out of that house ASAP".........and even though KH isn't responsible, you know Desiree must have some resentment after learning that, and I wonder if she ever knew about Kristian and the arrest, because I would have snatched my child custody or not if I thought they were around child molesters in the family. I know KH must be greiving and also thinking back to "what if I had never brought Terri into my life", and that must be an extremely difficult burden to bear on top of Kyron disappearing. Also, this isn't going to make me very popular but after reading and following Zahra's thread I am looking back at these cases where the father had custody (Kaine Horman, Ron Cummings and Adam Baker" and to me it seems as they all invited the devil inside by thinking with the wrong head.............just rambling thoughts and a rant, but if anyone has the answers to the questions I posted I'd appreciate it-I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

God Bless Kyron an angelic monkey

Good post and you bring up some good points and ask some of the questions I am still stuck on.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2010, 02:37:25 AM »

*fingers crossed*

That is my thought.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2010, 02:51:45 AM »

Well I finally got to watch the recorded Dateline episode. Unfortunately, I missed the first 24 minutes because of the basketball game, which I'll have to listen to when it's posted.

3 things stuck out at me when watching this show......

1. It's the first time I ever heard Terri speak.

2. The 'friend' from the gym kept mentioning that Terri was always tired. She mentioned it several times. I don't think it was from drinking. I don't know about you, but when I am near someone who is drinking, I can clearly smell it. It's like being hit by a brick wall. The smell is intense. Could she have been on anti-anxiety medication? Smoking pot? Little sleep? I don't know.

3. The other thing that has always bothered me. On TH's FB, http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8263.0 she made a comment which always left me wondering why at the beginning of Kyron being missing she said " Terri Moulton Horman If you attended RHS with me and are in Eugene, OR please let me know." Why would she ask that question? Then, who shows up on Dateline exonerating her is a long time High School Friend. I personally don't believe squat into anything he said. Dear God, he hasn't even seen her since High School. My point is though, why would she ask that question? Did she know what was about to come and she wanted to either hook up with someone from her past, or was she slowly building a group of people that would vouch for her as being a 'good person who loved children'.

My opinion right now is that TMH had pre-meditated Kyrons demise and worked diligently to have herself look like an innocent victim and will continue to do so by hiding behind her high priced lawyer and keeping her mouth shut.

All IMO.

Depression can make a person very tired but it could have been from drugs. She said something about her seeming a bit unstable, that concerned me although I don't know what she really meant by unstable since she doesn't seem to believe Terri would have been able to hurt Kyron, especially in front of the baby.
I agree about the booze. My ex would always say if he drank vodka nobody would smell it... I sure smelled it every time so not sure what he was talking about. Sorry to read you were raised in a household that was affected by drinking.  I have always said, drinking has hurt more people then it ever helped. Usually children are the ones that suffer the most and have no choice in the matter. Makes me so sad to think this may have been the life Kyron was living at his home. I sort of hope Kaine is exaggerating....
Prayers for you Kyron... an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2010, 06:21:19 AM »

I can't be objective.

I thought that the questions raised about TH were not really rebutted.

It appears that the high school friend has not seen her for 22 years?  I don't know what kind of testimony that could be.

That guy really creeped me out!  Gave me the willies.

Ditto!  Do you think he was one of the 5 men she talked about in her texts?  He seemed more like a former boyfriend hoping to reconnect!

I don't know. 
Maybe wanted his five minutes of fame.  Maybe he was paid for the interview. 
If that's all the support that could be found (exception gym person) for Terri it doesn't count for much, imo.

I appreciated the coverage for Kyron and hope it will be shown in full
again in the Portland area.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2010, 06:27:21 AM »

Thank you Lazydog! 
Glad they will be returning today.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2010, 09:38:41 AM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/107834189.html

Kyron search: Dive teams back on Sauvie Island

By KATU News and KATU.com Staff November 13, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. – Dive teams from eight different agencies were back out on Sauvie Island Saturday, searching for clues to the disappearance of Portland elementary student Kyron Horman.

A spokesperson for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office says about 50 people were part of the search, including paid workers and volunteers.

Multnomah County Sheriff Public Information Officer Mary Lindstrand tells us the search was only in the water. Near the end of the day Saturday Lindstrand said searchers "found nothing of note" – that she can tell us about.

Lindstrand said the dive teams will be at the search again on Sunday.

This search comes just days after Kyron's father Kaine reiterated to a Multnomah County Court judge that he thinks his estranged wife, Kyron's stepmother Terri, had something to do with his then-7-year-old boy's disappearance from a Skyline School science fair. In the most-recent court filing, Kaine asked a judge to sanction Terri in some way if she refuses to testify in court.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2010, 09:40:40 AM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/25786885/detail.html

Search Crews Return To Sauvie Island In Kyron Case
Authorities Look For Clues In Disappearance

POSTED: 8:30 pm PST November 13, 2010
UPDATED: 12:43 am PST November 14, 2010

MULTNOMAH CO., Ore. -- Multnomah County Sheriff deputies said they returned to Sauvie Island to look for any clues in the Kyron Horman disappearance but wouldn't comment on exact search locations or why things seem to be focused around the water.

This is the first time since mid-October that search crews were on the island and deputies say Saturday dive teams were in the water looking for clues.

"We just feel really sad that he's still missing," said Linda Richardson of Sauvie Island.

Pastor Russell Richardson prayed for Kyron Horman's family during an early community Thanksgiving dinner.

"Our concern, of course, is for the family and for those doing the searching," said Pastor Richardson.

Eight law enforcement agencies and fire departments helped in Saturday's search and Multnomah County Sheriff's Investigators say more searchers will be out on Sauvie Island Sunday.

They didn't say if a new lead prompted them to search the island again, or if it was just a follow-up to other recent searches.

"Our prayers are with the family of course. In fact we pray for them every week," said Richardson.

Kyron disappeared from Skyline School in Northwest Portland on June 5.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2010, 09:42:23 AM »

Divers search for Kyron

Credit: KGW News

Divers search for Kyron

by KGW Staff
Bio | Email | Follow: @KGWNews

kgw.com

Posted on November 13, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Updated yesterday at 7:23 PM

PORTLAND - The search for Kyron Horman resumed Saturday.

More than four dozen searchers were diving into bodies of water on Sauvie Island, the first time they had been back on the island in about a month.

Officials told KGW that the operation had been planned for several weeks but that they had had to wait for resources to become available from other agencies.

The search is expected to continue Sunday.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2010, 11:17:11 AM »

"It broke my heart to see Desiree last night when she talked about "if I knew about Terri's drinking and passing out every night etc, I would have him out of that house ASAP".........and even though KH isn't responsible, you know Desiree must have some resentment after learning that,"
Snipped.

I felt a long time ago when we were all wondering why Kaine seemed to be evasive about Terri and changing what he was saying about her that there was trouble in the house that he kept from Desiree. No one could have foreseen that she would harm Kyron, IF she did, but I agree that in too many of these cases where there is some prior custody dispute, the other non primary custodial parent is often in the dark because it is all about child support and God forbid that anything comes out to change that arrangement. I am assuming that Desiree was paying child support based on her income and if the shoe had been on the other foot, Kyron with Desiree, Kaine would have had to pay Desiree and it would have been based on his income. I am making assumptions, but I have known too many cases where custody has to be split and both parents fight tooth and nail for the kid, but in reality it is about not paying child support to the other one.
If Terri's financials have to be disclosed, then so does Kaines and if he has taken five cents for any of his interviews or selling of photos, that will come out.
.. I know my thoughts and views are unpopular here and that is why I don't post very often on this one. I dislike what we know of Terri, but I also dislike Kaine.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2010, 11:31:25 AM »

Thanks Klaas.  I am glad the task force is organized and ready to go and curious as to why they're focusing their search here.  If they have more, than just the pings of Terri's cell phone?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2010, 11:37:09 AM »

Video about the current search.  Click on the picture below to watch in photobucket:

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2010, 11:50:46 AM »

I'm glad they are searching, and just a question, if Kyron would be in the water and in some container then yes he may be found. But if he isn't in some kind of container, I'm not sure where this body of water goes, does it go into the ocean? 
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2010, 12:33:39 PM »

I'm glad they are searching, and just a question, if Kyron would be in the water and in some container then yes he may be found. But if he isn't in some kind of container, I'm not sure where this body of water goes, does it go into the ocean? 

NRCG It flows into the Multnomah Channel which eventually flows into the Columbia River. The Columbia River eventually flows into the Pacific ocean.

Hope that helps! 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2010, 12:43:55 PM »

NRCG It flows into the Multnomah Channel which eventually flows into the Columbia River. The Columbia River eventually flows into the Pacific ocean.

Hope that helps! 
Thank-you, this I hate to say reminds me of little Haleigh and the possibility that she was thrown in the river there in Satsuma. Hope this is not what happened to little Kyron 
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2010, 12:46:01 PM »

As usual I am praying today is the day they bring our little frogman home. I would love to be a fly on the wall in Terri's current home. To watch her reactions to all the searches and such. Is she nervous that they will find him. If he is in a sealed container is it still possible to find finger prints on the inside of the container?

We can hope if he is in the water it is in an area where the current hasn't been swift all season. I just want him found. I want his parents to have some kind of closure. This whole thing is so terribly heart breaking.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2010, 01:10:24 PM »

As usual I am praying today is the day they bring our little frogman home. I would love to be a fly on the wall in Terri's current home. To watch her reactions to all the searches and such. Is she nervous that they will find him. If he is in a sealed container is it still possible to find finger prints on the inside of the container?

We can hope if he is in the water it is in an area where the current hasn't been swift all season. I just want him found. I want his parents to have some kind of closure. This whole thing is so terribly heart breaking.

LD1, I don't think they would find fingerprints because they probably wore gloves and if he is in a container in the water after all this time, I would assume that the decomposition of the body would interfere with any chance of gathering latent prints. 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.