June 16, 2024, 09:03:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #35 11/11/10 - 11/21/10  (Read 178734 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: November 21, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »

So Kaine's attorney is trying to make both women, Desiree and Terri, look like incompetants and he's the dear, sweeet man who's the victim of both women.

Geesh!

I have a feeling this is going to backfire and open up a BIG can of worms!!

Rackner has to realize these below the belt tactics have repercussions AND her client will wind up with egg on his face.  I understand she has expertise is with custody cases, and she may very well be a great attorney, however, I think the Bunch/Houze combination will eat her up.

I guess I missed the part where Rackner says anything about Desiree.  Could you direct me?

What is it that you consider "below the belt tactics" by Rackner?

http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/107/a/9/2/a92b2731-0d99-453a-80b8-3ed80892bf53/Horman_Paperwork.pdf

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #901 on: November 21, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »

Though a judge already agreed to dismiss Terri Moulton Horman's motion to seek parenting time with her daughter, Kaine Horman's lawyer filed a 10-page response, threatening to ask the court to sanction Terri Horman if she refuses to testify in the pending divorce and child custody case.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/11/kaine_horman_may_seek_sanction.html

Legal ?  what the heck are "Sanctions"???  Anybody?

Clueless here~when I hear the word sanction I think "withhold" or a political sanction (don't kow why)...but at this point what could they withhold from her other than what has been requested. Maybe it means "fine" in these terms, I just have no clue what LE is doing in regards to the information and withhholding the 911 call, alot of it just makes no sense to me.

Generally, I thing sanction would mean a "fine" of some sort: either money or be placed in jail. 

Rackner, IMO, is a little off-the-walls so early in the game.  I guess that's fine for Bunch/Houze though if Rackner wants to show her cards; that way they know up-front what they're dealing with. 

I can see a possiblity of Rackner, herself, getting some sanctions before it's all over.  Her filing with the court that included information about LD was not legal (LD are not allowed in court); therefore, if someone wanted to, they could file a complaint with the bar against her.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #902 on: November 21, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »

So Kaine's attorney is trying to make both women, Desiree and Terri, look like incompetants and he's the dear, sweeet man who's the victim of both women.

Geesh!

Rackner has to realize these below the belt tactics have repercussions AND her client will wind up with egg on his face.  I understand she has expertise is with custody cases, and she may very well be a great attorney, however, I think the Bunch/Houze combination will eat her up.

One below-the-belt tactic would be the filing with the court that included information about LD.  LD are not admissable in court.

I guess I missed the part where Rackner says anything about Desiree.  Could you direct me?

http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/107/a/9/2/a92b2731-0d99-453a-80b8-3ed80892bf53/Horman_Paperwork.pdf

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #903 on: November 21, 2010, 01:56:28 PM »

Geesh!

Where are you reading that........I totally missed that the atty was also trying to make Desiree looks incompetent????? Geesh, if that's true you are right, a huge ugly can of worms because IIRC Desiree asked for custody back once she was thru with her treatment and on her feet, and he told her no from what I recall.........

Read Kat_Gram's post, #890 above.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #904 on: November 21, 2010, 01:57:13 PM »

Geesh!

One below-the-belt tactic would be the filing with the court that included information about LD.  LD are not admissable in court.

I'm sorry, I got in the quote box.  Here's my response:

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #905 on: November 21, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »

Oh, and I did notice how she twisted it so that Desiree wouldn't stay at home to look after Kyron. Kaine got custody back from Desiree because Desiree was in Canada being treated for kidney failure. Then, she was in debt for the medical treatments afterwards. Kaine didn't get custody because he was a better perent or anything like that, it was just because of necessity. And he had a gf who was more available for child care. She did get an education during that time.
Terri's perception seems "off".   

Either Terri's perception is "off" or what Terri was told by Kaine is "off".  We don't know...maybe Terri got that information from Kaine.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #906 on: November 21, 2010, 02:02:14 PM »

This divorce will take a long time. And money for both sides.
Can Terri even work right now ? As if anyone would hire her

Just a wild guess here, but he77 NO!!! With all the dirt they have given the media on her, all her transgresions in full view of the public, I don't think anyone would hire her. And, one more thing does bother me alot, while I can understand Kaine not wanting unsupervised visitation with Kitty, and the fact she hasn't even been indicted and normally you can invite a ham sandwich I do think she should be allowed to have supervised visitation with Kitty (no nanner throwing, but it just seems odd IMO considering OJ and Drew P had full custody of their kids, and even parents in prison are allowed to see their kids), at some point it should be what is in the best interest of Kitty and not about punishing her when she hasn't been indicted much less charged with anything.....it seems Kaine and his atty are taking the scorched earth approach and praying she folds. My emotions are so mixed as I do think she had some involvement (but I only think that from the smearing of her character by Kaine and his atty), and how reliable is he at this point in EVERYTHING he has stated, we know he allowed her to continue to care for both Kitty and Ky and drive with them all this time, but now all of the sudden she is deemed unfit.......why wasn't she unfit when she was visibly drunk and pased out on the couch, it just seems to me anyway it can't be both, and his affadavit clearly states he witnessed her visibly impaired.

And, again how are we privy to the information about all the horrors Terri was exhibiting in the home???? Kaine only, and we all know everything stated in divorce filings is true...........NOT.........my ex tried some underhanded crap when we were divorcing, yet he had no evidence to back it up from any other party, even his own teenagers who were 15 and 18, so when he did get on the stand he was obliterated. AGAIN, I am not taking up for Terri, but I can see why her atty wants specific information released in order to fully be able to represent his client. And granted just because someone is sexting (although it was disgusting and the timing leaves more than alot to be desired as to her character), but does that in and of itself make her a murderer?

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #907 on: November 21, 2010, 02:02:34 PM »

I thought she asked for custody last winter ? And Kaine said, that is not an option.
She did not know what she knows now, she had no grounds for overturning the current arrangement.
She would have had to mount an expensive custody case with no grounds, other than Ky was unhappy and her situation was different. Not much chance of her winning. Once ( up here ) custody has been determined, it's pretty well impossible to get it changed unless there are grounds. And they have to be pretty good ones.
Anyway, Happy Sunday to everone.
And I hope that LE is successful in finding Kyron and bringing the gulity person to court.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #908 on: November 21, 2010, 02:05:10 PM »

Oh, and I did notice how she twisted it so that Desiree wouldn't stay at home to look after Kyron. Kaine got custody back from Desiree because Desiree was in Canada being treated for kidney failure. Then, she was in debt for the medical treatments afterwards. Kaine didn't get custody because he was a better perent or anything like that, it was just because of necessity. And he had a gf who was more available for child care. She did get an education during that time.

Either Terri's perception is "off" or what Terri was told by Kaine is "off".  We don't know...maybe Terri got that information from Kaine.

I was under the imprerssion this was Rackner trying to twist around why Kaine had custody.

What's the story?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #909 on: November 21, 2010, 02:05:38 PM »

So far, we've only heard one side of the story (Kaine's).  No telling what we'll hear when the other side comes out. 

I'm sure Bunch/Houze will not come out weak...but will come out in very proper legal terms (Houze's forte).

It should be a wild ride once we get both sides.  Judge should have his hands full!!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #910 on: November 21, 2010, 02:09:17 PM »

So far, we've only heard one side of the story (Kaine's).  No telling what we'll hear when the other side comes out. 

I'm sure Bunch/Houze will not come out weak...but will come out in very proper legal terms (Houze's forte).

It should be a wild ride once we get both sides.  Judge should have his hands full!!

That is what I want both sides of the story to come out.  I don't put much into LDT, some people can fool them, some can fail them and they did nothing. I would never take one, and then of course people would think I did something wrong, but it is a person's right whether they take one or don't take one.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #911 on: November 21, 2010, 02:11:33 PM »

It's all confusing.  I "believe" the comment about Desiree wouldn't stay home and take care of Kyron and Terri had to do it was from one of the most recent emails we've heard of - supposedly written by Terri (who knows who was the person who actually typed the electronic message).  Supposedly it's one of the emails that Desiree was talking about in her last presser about Terri not liking Kyron.

I believe there's a lot more in those emails.  Only a select few have made it to daylight...why?  Why those few?  Are they the only ones that support what Kaine/Desiree/LE want in the public?  What do the other emails say?  And what was the date of those emails?  Recent?  Years old?  And why is the public being so manipulated by selective release?

Aren't the emails "evidence". Why is the publice getting "evidence"?  I don't believe LE released it...so "who" released "evidence" and "why"? 

There's more to those emails....

I was under the imprerssion this was Rackner trying to twist around why Kaine had custody.

What's the story?

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: November 21, 2010, 02:11:59 PM »

Geesh!

I'm sorry, I got in the quote box.  Here's my response:

Actually I wouldn't know but since she sited case law in a prior "Divorce Case" I think I will sit and wait for the response from the Criminal Attorney practising Family Law for his client imo.  She states in the response they put the case law on the table first on the LDT being inadmissable but got it wrong.  I'll wait and see where the cards fall especially as that wasn't the only thing she had to say.

I try to keep it straight but maybe the laws in a divorce proceeding may not apply in the same way as a criminal one.  They may get a little hazier/crazier in a Divorce JMO.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #913 on: November 21, 2010, 02:14:05 PM »

It's all confusing.  I "believe" the comment about Desiree wouldn't stay home and take care of Kyron and Terri had to do it was from one of the most recent emails we've heard of - supposedly written by Terri (who knows who was the person who actually typed the electronic message).  Supposedly it's one of the emails that Desiree was talking about in her last presser about Terri not liking Kyron.

I believe there's a lot more in those emails.  Only a select few have made it to daylight...why?  Why those few?  Are they the only ones that support what Kaine/Desiree/LE want in the public?  What do the other emails say?  And what was the date of those emails?  Recent?  Years old?  And why is the public being so manipulated by selective release?

Aren't the emails "evidence". Why is the publice getting "evidence"?  I don't believe LE released it...so "who" released "evidence" and "why"? 

What's the story?

Gosh, darn...I got in the quote box again!  So sorry!  Here's my response:

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #914 on: November 21, 2010, 02:15:44 PM »

Good morning Monkeys.

I am finding myself frustrated and can't put into words exactly what I am feeling, which is making me more frustrated. I feel as though I am being manipulated into thinking a certain thing and I do few for day and then it dawns on me, wait I still don't know the answers to these other questions.

It is telling to me that Desiree said Terri asked for her to take Kyron. Why did she want her to do that? Was she trying to protect Kyron from either herself or from something she feared would happen to him? She sent James away she tried to send Kyron away...Why? Is it because of the reasons we are being told or being lead to believe?

Who did Terri confide in with some damaging information such as that she hates Kyron? Think about how many people in your life you would tell such a thing to? For me, if I had such thoughts I suppose I would tell a very trusted best friend, my husband, a trusted family member..I would fear being judged or hated. It makes me wonder why she was saying this to somebody and who she wrote.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #915 on: November 21, 2010, 02:16:03 PM »

What's the story?

I hope you brought some of this  for the party in my box!!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #916 on: November 21, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »

I thought she asked for custody last winter ? And Kaine said, that is not an option.
She did not know what she knows now, she had no grounds for overturning the current arrangement.
She would have had to mount an expensive custody case with no grounds, other than Ky was unhappy and her situation was different. Not much chance of her winning. Once ( up here ) custody has been determined, it's pretty well impossible to get it changed unless there are grounds. And they have to be pretty good ones.
And I hope that LE is successful in finding Kyron and bringing the gulity person to court.

EXACTLY KG~Once Custody had been established it does take a significant change in circumstances to reverse custody and seeing that she wasn't privy to what was going on (or what we have been told was going on in the house via Kaine), I think she knew she had little chance and it would be expensive to try and accomplish......My opinion only, I think  when he didn't agree, she knew she didn't have enough to go to court and mount a successful bid to have custody reversed to her, same as when she had returned from Canada after her treatments and got back on her feet. That all being said, IF Kaine had been honest with her, she'd have most likely won custody of Ky. What a sad case and a very strange set of circumstances as she had every right to know what was going on in that house that affected her son, I can't imagine the betrayal she must feel now and I sure hope there are no more of these surprises, not sure she could take it

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #917 on: November 21, 2010, 02:20:55 PM »

Yes, Desiree did not know what she knows now.  BUT, Kaine did.  Kaine made very strong statement in his court filing and asserted strong, negative issues against Terri.  Kaine is her spouse and lived with Terri, yet he tells Desiree "not an option".  I can't imagine the feelings of betrayal that Desiree is having to cope with....all on top of her son gone missing.

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #918 on: November 21, 2010, 02:21:50 PM »

We knew about that sexting for quite  awhile and people were throwing out that it was her body building pics even though it was stated that they were graphic.

We have not seen all of the sexting.

Now with these emails, we have only heard a little bit.  I bet that there is plenty in there and it's not pretty.

Otherwise, Desiree would not be so upset.

Then there were the other emails where Desiree stated that Kyron saw it all or was part of it all.  Something like that.

I am guessing that these are part of the criminal investigation, and they are not in TH's favor.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #919 on: November 21, 2010, 02:21:53 PM »

What's the story?

ha ha ha!  MK you crack me up!  I think KatGram was talking about Terri here but I'll let her answer that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.