April 16, 2024, 05:01:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: http://action.barackobama.com/iraq  (Read 2973 times)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« on: February 21, 2007, 06:58:02 PM »

Dear XXXX,

If you're confused about all the debate over Iraq, you're not alone.

People are wondering why political posturing in Washington continues as we get drawn deeper and deeper in Iraq. I hear it everywhere I go.

The House of Representatives took action last week on a "non-binding" resolution. In the Senate, the Republican minority has managed to prevent any vote at all. People perceive that the most important issue of our day has become captive to sound bites and cable news chatter.

You deserve better. You should demand it.

I was opposed to this war from the beginning because, in part, I believed it would lead to the devastating, open-ended occupation in which we find ourselves mired today.

I've introduced legislation that would bring this tragic chapter in our history to a close.

It's called the Iraq War De-Escalation Act. It makes the U.S. policy on Iraq crystal clear. It stops the escalation now and begins a redeployment to bring U.S. combat forces out of Iraq by March 31, 2008.

If you want to cut through the political games and support a clear policy that will get us out of Iraq, sign on to support it now and spread the word:

http://action.barackobama.com/iraq

This campaign is about the hopes and dreams of people like you. And the cost of the continued occupation of Iraq stands in the way of meeting the many challenges we face.

We can't change America until we change direction in Iraq.

We can't be naive. It won't happen today. It won't happen tomorrow.

But this campaign offers the opportunity for people like you to organize in your own community. Together we can build the critical mass to affect that change.

To that end, we're going to keep the steady count of Americans supporting de-escalation on the front page of our web site.

Anyone who visits will see the number, learn about the bill, express their support and spread the word.

Please support the Iraq War De-Escalation Act now:

http://action.barackobama.com/iraq

This war happened because too many people got caught up in the same spin cycle in Washington. Now it's time to end this war and transform the political culture that allowed it.

It's not enough for an opinion poll to show that a majority of Americans want to end this war.

We've got to organize and mobilize that majority.

And that's exactly what we're going to do.

Thank you,

Barack Obama

Donate
This message was sent to XXXXXXXX. Visit your subscription management page to modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile. To stop ALL email from BarackObama.com, click to remove yourself from our lists (or reply via email with "remove or unsubscribe" in the subject line).

Paid for by Obama for America

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 07:41:41 PM »

Well the war is becoming the ultimate platform for these campaigns but the really ironic thing is today, yes Obama as well, was calling out Britain for announcing a planned withdrawal of a mere 1,700 troops as a leading indicator our 'allies' are now pulling out of the Iraq War.

Blair when questioned related "no, this is a reduction in force as per the same plan as the US from areas which we have stabilized", which FYI is the same Bush is espousing? These are not troops in Baghdad or other 'hot spots' but rather an area which has stabilized and a much smaller city. Nonetheless the democrats seize that spin, spin, spin toward our agenda mode !

the true irony might be if Bush's plan succeeds before Obama or friends could get into office?

I really hope it does despite who is elected, in that it would save lives and get our soldiers home, end of that story IMO. I however do not wish to send a resounding message of conflict so large that Putin fast-forwards capitalizing on a weak moment within our politics and our country. So I have a problem with any candidate and particularly those like Hillary who voted for us to go to war, now flip-flopping and stating it was ALL due to poor intelligence. That's their job, to validate the information/reporting/data as our elected officials.

Grade for Hillary IMO is D- ! Obama gets a C for leaping on the allies are pulling out fallacy ! Even the media are laughing at both for this one?

I continue to stand with the girl.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 11:45:20 PM »

Interestingly enough... we are hearing from our media about Blair's withdrawal of troops at the same time that I was reading about Prince Harry being deployed???

Me thinks there is more to this story than meets the eye....

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=2888095

Could it be that PM Blair is giving us a round robin, so to speak of troops? Of course our media isn't going to really give us the 411... but think ladies and put it together....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 11:59:27 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Interestingly enough... we are hearing from our media about Blair's withdrawal of troops at the same time that I was reading about Prince Harry being deployed???

Me thinks there is more to this story than meets the eye....

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=2888095

Could it be that PM Blair is giving us a round robin, so to speak of troops? Of course our media isn't going to really give us the 411... but think ladies and put it together....

adding one more link...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/02/17/harry.iraq.ap/index.html

so how is he going when they are pulling out?

Even so, I want ot know what we are supposed to do about the killing fields that will happen?  It's a historical fact  that it will happen that way... not to mention those much wiser have mentioned that inevitable fact.

Should we demand that New Orleans get its act together? New Orleans now has the highest murder rate in the country and they re-elected the same failed politicans that are largely responsible for the failings of the system that was reportedly in place.  It's been over a year now...

So, if a state in the United States can't manage to be together and rebuilt yet... why do we demand it of a country that hasn't had a chance in over 20 +/-?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 07:53:31 AM »

NO did not have billions of dollars in resources to rebuild their city.
NO is a part of our own nation. I first provide aid my family and friends and then those I do not know.
Civil violence in NO was far more readily "contained" than Iraq.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:01:13 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
NO did not have billions of dollars in resources to rebuild their city.
NO is a part of our own nation. I first provide aid my family and friends and then those I do not know.
Civil violence in NO was far more readily "contained" than Iraq.

then why is NO spirling out of control right now? that is my point Justins - if the above is true, then why isn't it finished.  BTW, there was a butt load of money poured into NO.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 09:33:13 PM »

Dear Mrs. Red,

I'm glad you introduced this topic. I liked your comment on why, if Blair is withdrawing troops, they are sending 2nd Lt Harry Wales over there. Are they nuts? I know about an "heir and a spare" but why tempt fate? What if Harry slips in the shower and cracks his head open?  What if Wills meets with an accident? Who is next in line?

Interestingly enough... we are hearing from our media about Blair's withdrawal of troops at the same time that I was reading about Prince Harry being deployed??? Third in line to the throne. Do you know who is next in line?

Very Happy  Shocked  Very Happy

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 09:58:18 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Dear Mrs. Red,

I'm glad you introduced this topic. I liked your comment on why, if Blair is withdrawing troops, they are sending 2nd Lt Harry Wales over there. Are they nuts? I know about an "heir and a spare" but why tempt fate? What if Harry slips in the shower and cracks his head open?  What if Wills meets with an accident? Who is next in line?

Interestingly enough... we are hearing from our media about Blair's withdrawal of troops at the same time that I was reading about Prince Harry being deployed??? Third in line to the throne. Do you know who is next in line?

Very Happy  Shocked  Very Happy

ummm, I don't know.  Who?

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 10:45:57 PM »

I think it goes like this: Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry. I think the next one is Prince Andrew.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.