March 29, 2024, 09:15:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Secretariat  (Read 2659 times)
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: October 22, 2010, 02:23:02 PM »

Hey, Everyone!  A friend of my husband's wrote a book that's now a movie:  Secretariat.  If you haven't seen it yet, please do so!  It's a beautiful movie, but take kleenex!  Also, the author suggests that, if you're debating about whether to read the book or see the movie first, see the movie first and then read the book.  Ofcourse, I've always done the opposite.  And, look for the real Penny (Diane Lane's character) in the stands behind Diane in the last race scene; and the real Bill Nack (author) also has a cameo as one of the press conference reporters; otherwise, he's portrayed in the movie by Kevin Connally. 
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:00:13 PM »

I remember theses races as clear as day.  I was a kid and it was such a big deal when he won the triple crown.  I will see the movie when it comes out on video.  I haven't been to the movies in years.  It brings back memories.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 07:02:44 PM »

This Secretariat still holds the record at Belmont race track.
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 01:21:02 AM »

Yes, a couple of his records still stand.  He was an amazing horse.  The woman who owned him was really amazing, too.  She recognized him as a winner before he was even born, and it's almost like she willed him to win.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 09:27:19 AM »

I am excited to see the movie, but I'll wait. I can't possibly go to the movies, I'd go postal enclosed in the dark with all those people 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 01:02:43 PM »

I am excited to see the movie, but I'll wait. I can't possibly go to the movies, I'd go postal enclosed in the dark with all those people 

That's true.  I like to enjoy a movie in a little bit of peace.  But what I have noticed is that people talk on cell phones, and text.  Then you have the mothers who take their babies to the movies and they start crying.

Besides that I would be a distraction to the person in back of me because I can't sit still like I used to.  I move a lot because of back pain so this is why I just wait for the movie to come out on video or cable TV.

Either way I will see the movie.
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 08:22:27 PM »

I don't really care for movie theaters, either; we went to a matinee, so it wasn't as crowded as in the evenings.  I look forward to it coming out on DVD, too; I'm going to be sending out lots of copies to some of our friends and family (and I'm going to keep one).  I want to be Penny!!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.