May 01, 2024, 09:40:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #6 11/4/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 189542 times)
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: November 08, 2010, 07:07:51 PM »

Good for Zahra painting her room that lovely shade of pink.  Goth's hate pink and it shows me that she was already not a conformist to her sick parental units.  She looks to have had a wonderful spirit for a young girl. 

Zahra know that you are loved and that many would have died to have had you as their daughter.  All your earthly terrors are gone now sweet girl so you can rest easy now.

Where did we get the information that Zahra painted her room pink?  I must have missed it.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #481 on: November 08, 2010, 07:21:27 PM »

I would like to post an e-mail I got from my Aussie niece on her experience with coming to US and marrying my nephew. Shall I post here or elsewhere? It is an interesting take on her status and makes me wonder how AB ever did it!

Nana29 I would so much like to read of your niece's experiences entering USA to marry and live.  It may help us here in Australia understand how the father was able to live and work there so easily.  I know intending legal immigrants to our country have to supply all kinds of documentation and references as well as educational and financial details.  They have to jump through hoops to get here, while the illegals just float in on boats and get every welfare support that is possible to get.  (Another story for another day) 

Sorry to have taken so long to answer but I had to rush off yesterday - also I was waiting to see if a Mod considered a different thread to be more suitable.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #482 on: November 08, 2010, 07:24:57 PM »

Good for Zahra painting her room that lovely shade of pink.  Goth's hate pink and it shows me that she was already not a conformist to her sick parental units.  She looks to have had a wonderful spirit for a young girl. 

Zahra know that you are loved and that many would have died to have had you as their daughter.  All your earthly terrors are gone now sweet girl so you can rest easy now.

Where did we get the information that Zahra painted her room pink?  I must have missed it.

I missed it also.  Some bloggers have supposed it was already painted like that when they moved.  Hard to imagine either of those two dead beats bothering to make something pretty for Zahra, also it looks to be a bit too professional with the sponging effect on the paintwork.  Seems the duo liked to splosh around the black paint though.  Ugh!

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: November 08, 2010, 07:27:28 PM »

I would like to post an e-mail I got from my Aussie niece on her experience with coming to US and marrying my nephew. Shall I post here or elsewhere? It is an interesting take on her status and makes me wonder how AB ever did it!

Nana29 I would so much like to read of your niece's experiences entering USA to marry and live.  It may help us here in Australia understand how the father was able to live and work there so easily.  I know intending legal immigrants to our country have to supply all kinds of documentation and references as well as educational and financial details.  They have to jump through hoops to get here, while the illegals just float in on boats and get every welfare support that is possible to get.  (Another story for another day) 

Sorry to have taken so long to answer but I had to rush off yesterday - also I was waiting to see if a Mod considered a different thread to be more suitable.

She posted it in the monkey lounge at JSM banning thread

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #484 on: November 08, 2010, 07:33:40 PM »

I don't know if this has been posted before, here's a link to photos inside the Baker home.  It starts with a video, click next to view the photos.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Zahra%20Baker%20%20-NC-/?action=view&current=110510insidethebakerhouse001.mp4

Not sure what this is, but given the circumstances, I find it disturbing:

Looks to me like it could be the cement sheeting underlay for floor tiles which has become brittle from age.  You can see how the guy in the video scuffs the small pieces when walking into that area.  Difference in colour is because the cement sheeting underlay is lighter than the original concrete flooring.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #485 on: November 08, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »

Thanks 4 Donks.  Hope she comes back here and reposts as it is another piece of the puzzle to discuss.

Love your "Rudolph" Donk   rendeer

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #486 on: November 08, 2010, 07:39:17 PM »

Thank you Klaas for setting up that new thread for links for donations.  Do you wish to delete my post in the Aust Laws thread about the same thing?  Feel free ----   

Also thanks for your help to     and   

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #487 on: November 08, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »

Thanks 4 Donks.  Hope she comes back here and reposts as it is another piece of the puzzle to discuss.

Love your "Rudolph" Donk   rendeer

Tibrogargan, You have been awesome with all the things you are posting,thank you.
 I copied what she sent me and she did say if I had any more questions, she would be glad to answer. May take a few days as she is mother to a 3 year old(he was born at 25 weeks and a miracle!) and into her 3rd trimester of a (YAY)normal pregnancy. She and my nephew are also youth pastors ... but she will get back to me!
Ok, here it is...

I will post here...I did not post it there because I was waiting for someone to say "ok",post it here. lol

I wrote and asked her what she had to go thru...here is what she said;

Hi Aunt Mandy,
It was a pretty complicated and timely process.***** & I actually legally got married (on paper) while I was here on a 3 month visitors visa to avoid me having to go back to Australia until our wedding. I applied once we did that b/c it was the least complicated and expensive way to do it.... although is was still complicated & expensive! There was just a bunch of applications to submit and time to wait for them to be processed. I had to go in for several interviews and keep evidence that our marriage was legit. I think it ended up costing a couple of grand. I had to have a doctors exam. It took me almost a year just to get a work permit, while my application was processing, although that was longer than normal because they accidentally lost my paperwork at one stage.
Hope that helps! You can also visit the immigration website, it's uscis.gov.
Love,
ME;
Thanks! I find it intriguing and admire what you went through! I presume it is not over yet? Would it bother you if I shared this with some friends? Just a personal perspective type of thing and you were a great help!

and

Yes, that is fine, tell whoever you like. I now have a 10 year Green Card, I'm a permanent resident/or legal alien. I'm eligible to apply for citizenship now if I like but I'm not really rushing to do that.. it costs money & you have to take a test (that many say most Americans would fail). I may do it before my 10 years is up otherwise I just get my green card renewed.
Glad I could help Smile

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: November 08, 2010, 07:52:10 PM »

Hello everyone!  I don't know if this has been posted but I found this website with some more pics of baker's home.  I don't understand why the bathroom was torn apart, and why holes were cut in her bedroom?
http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/11/a-look-inside-zahra-baker%E2%80%99s-home/

Gruesome as it is to have to consider I would think the kitchen sink outlets and drain pipes along with the bathroom plumbing would be removed for forensic testing for blood if they even remotely thought that the body had been dismembered before being dumped, burnt or buried.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #489 on: November 08, 2010, 07:58:50 PM »

Nana28 thank you for responding.  When more monkeys check in I am sure we will have questions for you and your niece.

I have travelled outside of Australia but never even considered living anywhere else, or even know of anyone who chose to do so, so knew nothing of what is involved.

(why don't we have a kangaroo or koala for all us "great southern land" dwellers?)  Pwetty please?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: November 08, 2010, 08:16:13 PM »

Thank you Klaas for setting up that new thread for links for donations.  Do you wish to delete my post in the Aust Laws thread about the same thing?  Feel free ----   

Also thanks for your help to     and   

No I think it's good to have it in several places.  Can't hurt 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: November 08, 2010, 08:21:06 PM »

Click on more 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: November 08, 2010, 08:22:10 PM »

Click on more 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #493 on: November 08, 2010, 08:28:25 PM »

Can we call him Ozzie?

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #494 on: November 08, 2010, 08:34:33 PM »

Click on more 

I love it - thank you Klaas

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: November 08, 2010, 08:43:23 PM »

Hickory investigators await results of DNA evidence
Bone called of "key importance," by a lead investigator with HPD.

HICKORY --
Christie Road still bears the marks of the intensive search investigators performed for three days last week in Caldwell County.

During the search, investigators found a bone they believe may be related to Zahra Baker’s disappearance. After finding the bone Nov. 3, law enforcement sent it to the medical examiner’s office in Chapel Hill for testing. After those tests, if it’s determined to be connected to Zahra’s case, it will be sent to the SBI lab in Raleigh for additional tests.

“A rush has been put on any evidence relating to this case,” said Capt. Thurman Whisnant with the Hickory Police Department. “The SBI made it priority No. 1. The bone is of key importance. I know they’re working on it right now.”

In addition to the bone, investigators recovered additional evidence from Christie Road, although Whisnant declined to comment on what it was.

More than two-dozen investigators searched to find the possible evidence along the road last week. In addition to looking through thick trees and brambles, they also had to wade through manmade hazards.

The area along the stretch of road where law enforcement searched bares the stench of rotting animals by the creek the parallels the road, and garbage is frequently dumped along the road — plastic garbage bags, fast food cups, cans, bottles, tires and other trash.

On Monday, there were several pink flags where investigators had marked evidence. A few white flags were planted where law enforcement had found bones. Farther into the woods, a few trees had branches with neon green ties on them, with the ends of the branches snapped off.

Even with the priority order on the evidence, Whisnant said the public must be patient.

“Even with a rush, it’s not what you see on (the TV show) ‘CSI,’” he said. “We’re looking for any kind of confirmation on whether it’s a human bone, and if we can extract a DNA profile.”

Whisnant said the bone would be examined against “known things,” but would not go into specifics about what DNA would be used to compare the evidence to determine if it matched Zahra’s.

He confirmed that Hickory police and SBI agents have finished examining Christie Road and the Baker house in Hickory. However, he said there are several other potential sites that investigators are still considering. Whisnant would not comment on specifics.

Christie Road is only a few miles from where Elisa used to live. Zahra’s prosthetic leg was found along the road on Oct. 26.

Several areas have been searched for Zahra or for evidence in connection with her disappearance, including a landfill in Caldwell County, several former rental properties or sites near where the Bakers once lived in Caldwell County, their Hickory home and Adam Baker’s employer, Real Tree Services in Morganton.

Zahra, age 10, has been missing for a month and Hickory police, in conjunction with several other agencies, have worked avidly to find her. She was first reported missing by her father, Adam Baker, on Oct. 9. On Oct. 12, the Amber Alert that was issued was cancelled and the case was changed to a homicide investigation. Someone outside of the family last saw Zahra on Sept. 25 at a furniture store in Hickory. Elisa, 42, is currently in jail for writing a false ransom note in which she demanded $1 million. Because of that, Elisa has been indicted on one count of felony obstruction of justice. She has also been arrested on several other charges unrelated to Zahra’s disappearance. Adam was arrested as well, for several charges unrelated to the case. He has since bonded out of jail.

Hickory police has declined to comment if Adam Baker’s passport has been revoked. Adam is a native of Australia. Judge Robert Mullinax Jr. said during Elisa Baker’s bond hearing that if she posted bond, one of the conditions of her release was that she must surrender her passport.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/08/hickory-investigators-await-results-dna-evidence-ar-521555/
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #496 on: November 08, 2010, 09:03:50 PM »

Thank you for that report Northern Rose.

This sentence interested me :

Hickory police has declined to comment if Adam Baker’s passport has been revoked.

So I went looking and found this :

Federal regulations empower the State Department to revoke the passport of a national who is the subject of a Federal warrant of arrest for a felony.

from http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cse/pubs/reports/litigation/ch10.html

My take on this is "no comment" means it is a possibilty otherwise it would be denied.  And when it happens this POS will not be able to leave the USA. 

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: November 08, 2010, 09:08:27 PM »

I missed it also.  Some bloggers have supposed it was already painted like that when they moved.  Hard to imagine either of those two dead beats bothering to make something pretty for Zahra, also it looks to be a bit too professional with the sponging effect on the paintwork.  Seems the duo liked to splosh around the black paint though.  Ugh!

Really?  It looked to me like a kid painted it?  I guess just a difference of perception.  I thought the house looked fairly well taken care of prior to the search destruction.  But could be it was the home owners AB's bosses? daughters room previously, who knows. 

Being a Realtor I can tell you I've seen the worst of the worst in houses.  Some I've seen in this economy make me wonder WTH kind of life some children have and I do not see it from those walls.  Not that walls or nice homes tell the story but usually it's a clue.  JMO.

Trust me I'm not defending anyone here just stating MO.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #498 on: November 08, 2010, 09:49:54 PM »

Really?  It looked to me like a kid painted it?  I guess just a difference of perception.  I thought the house looked fairly well taken care of prior to the search destruction.  But could be it was the home owners AB's bosses? daughters room previously, who knows. 

Being a Realtor I can tell you I've seen the worst of the worst in houses.  Some I've seen in this economy make me wonder WTH kind of life some children have and I do not see it from those walls.  Not that walls or nice homes tell the story but usually it's a clue.  JMO.

Trust me I'm not defending anyone here just stating MO.

That's OK.  All we can do here is state our opinions until someone comes out and tells us the facts.  Hard to tell from pictures too.

A friend of mine managed and inspected rental properties and some of her stories would make your hair stand on end.  Some houses left in a condition that you would not house pigs in.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: November 08, 2010, 09:55:54 PM »

Regarding the question of passports, I believe they were confiscated on October 10.

According to the search warrant, the items removed from the Chevrolet Tahoe and Toyota Camry include: Duke Power bill, numerous papers with writings and phone numbers, assorted receipts, (3) passports with paperwork, (2) toothbrushes, hair brush, assorted ink pens, (2) lighters, (2) pillows, sheet, comforter, (3) gas cans, (4) burnt samples from Tahoe and brush pile, pink jacket, plastic bowl with green vegg. matter, assorted drug paraphernalia, Chinese take-out menu, 1990 Burgundy Toyota Camry, latent lift, photos, and Chevy Tahoe.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13317074

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.