May 01, 2024, 09:49:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #6 11/4/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 189545 times)
Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #520 on: November 09, 2010, 01:18:50 PM »

Isn't Zahra's birthday coming up?  November 19th? Can someone confirm this?

Hi Monkey King, according to the Hope for Zahra site on FB her birthday is Nov 16th.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #521 on: November 09, 2010, 01:20:07 PM »

mk
Zahra Clare Baker's Date of Birth November 16, 1999

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5904782/zahra_clare_baker_disappearance.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: November 09, 2010, 01:27:49 PM »

One month later: What happened to Zahra Baker?

HICKORY, N.C. – The pile of stuffed animals and cards in front of the Hickory home where Zahra Baker’s family once lived is overflowing on Tuesday, exactly one month after the 10-year-old was reported missing.

Over the past month, search crews have combed a number of search sites. They found the young girl’s prosthetic leg on Oct. 26 at a search site off of Christie Road in Caldwell County. Zahra used a prosthetic leg and hearing aids after surviving two bouts of cancer in her native Australia.

The following Wednesday, a search team found a bone at the Christie Road search site. It was sent to the crime lab for testing. Police also submitted a mattress found at a Caldwell County landfill for DNA testing. Police have not released the results of those tests to the media.

Zahra’s father and stepmother, Adam and Elisa Baker, reported Zahra missing on Saturday, Oct. 9.

The following day Elisa Baker was arrested on charges unrelated to the child’s disappearance. Police say Elisa Baker admitted to writing a bogus ransom note during questioning. She has been charged with obstruction of justice and is currently in jail.

Police say Elisa Baker was initially uncooperative with the investigation, but began talking with investigators towards the end of October.

Adam Baker, Zahra’s biological father, was arrested on Oct. 25 to charges unrelated to Zahra’s disappearance. Police initially said that Adam Baker had outstanding warrants for worthless checks and they would arrest him when the time was appropriate. Adam Baker is out of jail on bond.

Zahra Baker’s biological mother, Emily Dietrich, lives in Australia. She says she battled postpartum depression shortly after Zahra was born and her husband, Adam, left with their daughter.

Dietrich says in recent years, she scoured the Internet searching for her daughter and three days before Zahra was reported missing, discovered she was living in North Carolina.

Police have said that they believe the 10-year-old is dead.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/One-month-later-Zahra-Baker-case-a-mystery-106971784.html
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #523 on: November 09, 2010, 01:29:13 PM »

May have been posted already:

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Cousin-Visits-Elisa-Baker-in-Jail-106915208.html

Investigators looking into Elisa Baker's finances

by RAD BERKY / NewsChannel 36
E-mail Rad: RBerky@WCNC.com
WCNC.com

Posted on November 8, 2010 at 5:32 PM

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. – Nearly a month since 10-year-old Zahra Baker was first reported missing, her stepmother, Elisa Baker, remains in a jail cell.

Elisa Baker was charged with obstruction of justice in connection with Zahra's disappearance.

According to a cousin who paid a visit a visit to the Catawba County jail, Elisa Baker is upset and not doing well.

Baker’s cousin did not want NewsChannel 36 to use her name.

“This is very sad for us,” she said. “Our first concern is finding Zahra, the second is finding out the truth.”

Investigators say Elisa Baker has been cooperating in the investigation. She has been taken to sites where investigators have searched in the past weeks, including Christie Road in Caldwell County. Zahra’s prosthetic leg and a bone that could be human were both found in that area.

Baker’s cousin wouldn’t discuss any of the specifics of her conversations with Elisa.

"Sorry, but what our conversations are about have to be private.  She's very upset."

Investigators issued a subpoena for Elisa Baker's financial records. The subpoena was issued to a bank branch located in a Wal-Mart in Granite Falls.

The subpoena says she may have used as many as eight different aliases and also requested any financial transactions made by Baker's daughter from a previous marriage, Amber Fairchild.

Baker's attorney would not comment on the subpoena. Police will only say it is part of the investigation.

From a previous article at http://charlotte.news14.com/

News 14 Carolina found court documents revealing a subpoena for all of Elisa Baker's bank records from the State Bureau of Investigation. The subpoena listed eight additonal names that Baker's accounts could be under:

• Elisa Young, her last name from a previous marriage
• Elisa Fairchild, her maiden name
• Elisa Proctor
• Elisa Harris
• Elisa Allred
• Elisa Putnam
• Elisa Michelle Church
• Elisa Fullman

What is interesting is they are also looking  at Amber Fairchild's records now 

Good morning monkeys,

isnt she also the one who was privy to and came forth with the info that EB was receiving $ from dude in europe or wherever (my memory fails me at this moment)....

kind of interesting... wonder if she was a middle man of some sort??
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #524 on: November 09, 2010, 01:29:58 PM »

Isn't Zahra's birthday coming up?  November 19th? Can someone confirm this?
I think it's on the 16th as I noticed a couple mentions of a birthday vigil on November 16th for her.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #525 on: November 09, 2010, 01:31:31 PM »

sorta O/T
had like 7 IDs geeze
DSS worker accused of food stamp fraud
http://www.wcnc.com/news/DSS-worker-accused-of-food-stamp-fraud--106973034.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #526 on: November 09, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »

Hi all ! Been lurking here for months.
I lurk here 'cuz the info is always on the money, no BS.
(I feel that is because Klass runs a tight ship !)

Does anyone know why "KAVA" from England sent Elisa 10G?
IMO that is an awful lot of $$ to wire a stranger. I believe
Elisa's daughter said she got this $$.

Personally I cannot get too emotionally involved in THIS case.
Zahra's demise is the MOST dispicable yet IMO.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #527 on: November 09, 2010, 01:50:31 PM »

Elisa Baker's Cousin: We Don't Know The Truth, Either video
http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25676207/index.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: November 09, 2010, 01:59:35 PM »

Hi LEP, how are you?

I don't think anyone knows for sure if it really happened.
Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #529 on: November 09, 2010, 02:13:18 PM »

Elisa has alot of alias, and moves around alot

http://truecrimes.50.forumer.com/a/elisa-baker-stepmother_post4865.html
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #530 on: November 09, 2010, 02:22:14 PM »

Hi LEP, how are you?

I am recooping from a knee replacement
done in Aug. A nightmare full of complicatins of
transplant rejectin, infectns, blood clots. Pray 4 me ! Thnx for asking !

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #531 on: November 09, 2010, 02:28:00 PM »

Hi LEP, how are you?

an angelic monkey I pray that things are getting better.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: November 09, 2010, 02:37:26 PM »

Hi LEP, how are you?

Sending prayers  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: November 09, 2010, 03:25:28 PM »

Search Continues 1 Month After Zahra Reported Missing

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. -- The search for evidence in the disappearance of 10-year-old Zahra Baker continued on Tuesday, which marks one month since the girl was reported missing.

• Timeline In Zahra's Disappearance

Investigators searched a wooded area in the Patterson community along Indian Grove Road in Caldwell County on Tuesday. More than 30 people were involved in the search, which focused on a one-mile area. Police wouldn’t elaborate on what led them to Indian Grove Road, which is about 10 miles north of where Zahra’s prosthetic leg was found and about 20 miles north of the Bakers’ Hickory home.

Community residents said they’ve seen police in the area off and on for about two weeks. People often dump trash in the rugged area along Indian Grove Road, which makes the area similar to past search sites.

Police found something during Tuesday’s search that they are taking a closer look at, but they would not say what it was.

Zahra was reported missing on Oct. 9 by her father, Adam Baker, and her stepmother, Elisa Baker. Police said she has not been seen by anyone outside of her family since Sept. 25.

Elisa Baker has been in jail over the course of the investigation. She was charged with felony obstruction of justice after police said she admitted to writing a fake ransom note. Adam Baker was arrested on Oct. 25 on charges unrelated to the case. He was later released from jail on bond.

Investigators have searched several places for evidence in the case, including two ponds, homes where the Bakers had lived, a Caldwell County landfill and a wooded area off Christie Road in Caldwell County.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25686699/detail.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: November 09, 2010, 04:28:27 PM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/One-month-later-Zahra-Baker-case-a-mystery-106971784.html

A month later: What happened to Zahra Baker?

by NewsChannel 36 Staff
WCNC.com
Posted on November 9, 2010 at 1:03 PM
Updated today at 2:01 PM

HICKORY, N.C. – The pile of stuffed animals and cards in front of the Hickory home where Zahra Baker’s family once lived is overflowing on Tuesday, exactly one month after the 10-year-old was reported missing.

Over the past month, search crews have combed a number of search sites. They found the young girl’s prosthetic leg on Oct. 26 at a search site off of Christie Road in Caldwell County. Zahra used a prosthetic leg and hearing aids after surviving two bouts of cancer in her native Australia.

The following Wednesday, a search team found a bone at the Christie Road search site. It was sent to the crime lab for testing. Police also submitted a mattress found at a Caldwell County landfill for DNA testing. Police have not released the results of those tests to the media.

Zahra’s father and stepmother, Adam and Elisa Baker, reported Zahra missing on Saturday, Oct. 9.

The following day Elisa Baker was arrested on charges unrelated to the child’s disappearance. Police say Elisa Baker admitted to writing a bogus ransom note during questioning. She has been charged with obstruction of justice and is currently in jail.

Police say Elisa Baker was initially uncooperative with the investigation, but began talking with investigators towards the end of October.

Adam Baker, Zahra’s biological father, was arrested on Oct. 25 to charges unrelated to Zahra’s disappearance. Police initially said that Adam Baker had outstanding warrants for worthless checks and they would arrest him when the time was appropriate. Adam Baker is out of jail on bond.

Zahra Baker’s biological mother, Emily Dietrich, lives in Australia. She says she battled postpartum depression shortly after Zahra was born and her husband, Adam, left with their daughter.

Dietrich says in recent years, she scoured the Internet searching for her daughter and three days before Zahra was reported missing, discovered she was living in North Carolina.

Police have said that they believe the 10-year-old is dead.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: November 09, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

A month into Zahra case, police await DNA info, review evidence and keep searching

Posted: Nov 08, 2010 12:05 PM PST Updated: Nov 09, 2010 12:04 PM PST

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - The Zahra Baker homicide case is inching along as it reaches the month-mark, with authorities taking a time-out early this week from their active search.

Instead, Monday they focused on paperwork which must be done, reviewing and re-evaluating their evidence. Police are also interviewing tipsters. And, already on Tuesday, they were quickly back out at a search location in Caldwell County -- although they weren't saying exactly where.

Full Coverage: The Search for Zahra

Meanwhile, District Attorney Jay Gaither said he re-iterated with the SBI Crime Lab the importance of putting a rush on the case. Gaither said that is standard procedure, and something the SBI was doing before he made the request.

Since the investigation began October 9th, Hickory Police have submitted four rounds of evidence to the SBI for processing. In two of those submissions, the first results came back within a few days, the next results came back in two weeks.

The SBI has not disclosed what evidence was tested; however search warrants were executed on the former Baker home, two cars parked in the driveway, and a search was done at Adam Baker's work site during the timeframe evidence was submitted.

The last two submissions were made to the SBI on November 3rd and 4th. That's when police also announced they found a possible bone connected to Zahra.

DNA evidence will likely be the most crucial evidence in prosecuting whoever brought harm to Zahra Baker. The ten-year-old was reported missing October 9th, by her father, Adam Baker.

He's been arrested and since bonded out of jail on unrelated charges. Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker is charged with writing a fake ransom note to derail investigators.

DNA evidence can take several weeks or months to process. First, a DNA profile from Zahra Baker must be built, before any potential evidence can be compared.

The fact that it's not clear exactly when Zahra disappeared further complicates building her profile. It's not as easy as taking hair from a brush, when it's not even clear when Zahra lived in the family home on 21st Avenue NW.

Her father has since been evicted and police have torn apart walls and floors looking for evidence.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #536 on: November 09, 2010, 05:18:48 PM »

Did you notice the last couple of lines of MAKO561's post? They know where to go to get information. LOL

2 4 1
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: November 09, 2010, 05:40:50 PM »

Hi LEP, how are you?

LEP, I mostly lurk here too.....same reason as you....this is one that I need to stay very analytical about..sorry to read about your medical problems....will add you to my prayer list...just wanted to say it's GOOD to see you.....   hope you are on the mend and can join us more often

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #538 on: November 09, 2010, 07:21:53 PM »

Video and report on today's search on Indian Graves Road. It also mentions another search planned for Dudley Shoals tomorrow.

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25688490/index.html

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: November 09, 2010, 07:47:17 PM »

Video and report on today's search on Indian Graves Road. It also mentions another search planned for Dudley Shoals tomorrow.

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25688490/index.html

Thanks nicubird!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.