May 01, 2024, 11:12:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #6 11/4/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 189569 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: November 09, 2010, 07:53:36 PM »

Indian Grave Road in Caldwell County, is in Lenoir, NC
runs between st.rt.321 and st.rt.268,looks kind of rough
country, just b4 it intersects winter hawk ln

click next marker, till you get to 5.3, is 2 clicks,
follow it south to st.rt.321

map it has a terrain feature
http://www.milebymile.com/main/United_States/North_Carolina/byway/Upper_Yadkin_Way.html

some history on the area
snip
According to legend, an Indian village stood on the site where Hospice of Caldwell County is now located. Another Indian legend tells of the tying together of two sapling poplar trees in the Setzer’s Creek area as a symbol of peace between the two tribes after a particularly bloody battle
Indian Grave Mountain is supposed to be the area where the dead from the battle were buried. 
http://www.caldwellheritagemuseum.org/history.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #541 on: November 09, 2010, 07:54:41 PM »

Click on more 

Klaas...that is just adorable.....thanks

Somehow I missed where this "click on more" is.  Can a kind monkey enlighten me?  Thanks!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: November 09, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »

Bananas - when you go to post a comment, right next to the emoticons that you see, on the right is the word [more]

If you click on [more] you will see all of the emoticons.  There are lots.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: November 09, 2010, 08:00:01 PM »

Hi all ! Been lurking here for months.
I lurk here 'cuz the info is always on the money, no BS.
(I feel that is because Klass runs a tight ship !)

Does anyone know why "KAVA" from England sent Elisa 10G?
IMO that is an awful lot of $$ to wire a stranger. I believe
Elisa's daughter said she got this $$.

Personally I cannot get too emotionally involved in THIS case.
Zahra's demise is the MOST dispicable yet IMO.

Hi LEP, how are you?

I don't think anyone knows for sure if it really happened.
I am recooping from a knee replacement
done in Aug. A nightmare full of complicatins of
transplant rejectin, infectns, blood clots. Pray 4 me ! Thnx for asking !

LEP.... you will be in my thoughts and prayers... sorry you are having such difficulties.   

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #544 on: November 09, 2010, 08:02:55 PM »

Bananas - when you go to post a comment, right next to the emoticons that you see, on the right is the word [more]

If you click on [more] you will see all of the emoticons.  There are lots.

OHHH!  I knew THAT!  I thought it was like click for more in an article somewhere or something.  Thanks for the enlightenment of a dumb monkey tonight.  LOL

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #545 on: November 09, 2010, 08:04:13 PM »

Indian Grave Road in Caldwell County, is in Lenoir, NC
runs between st.rt.321 and st.rt.268,looks kind of rough
country, just b4 it intersects winter hawk ln

click next marker, till you get to 5.3, is 2 clicks,
follow it south to st.rt.321

map it has a terrain feature
http://www.milebymile.com/main/United_States/North_Carolina/byway/Upper_Yadkin_Way.html

some history on the area
snip
According to legend, an Indian village stood on the site where Hospice of Caldwell County is now located. Another Indian legend tells of the tying together of two sapling poplar trees in the Setzer’s Creek area as a symbol of peace between the two tribes after a particularly bloody battle
Indian Grave Mountain is supposed to be the area where the dead from the battle were buried. 
http://www.caldwellheritagemuseum.org/history.html

Thanks for this info CW.... I was just about to ask if anyone knew if it was named for an Indian burial ground or something.

I hope they find what they are looking for there.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #546 on: November 09, 2010, 08:04:58 PM »

Video and report on today's search on Indian Graves Road. It also mentions another search planned for Dudley Shoals tomorrow.

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25688490/index.html

Thanks nicubird!

my brain is reeling and recoiling,from thinking about this vid and the bone
found the other day,i sure hope they didnt find another bone
the implications of finding bones, all over the county,is just horrendous,
chit,horrendous just seems to mild a description of what possiably could
be scattered bones

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #547 on: November 09, 2010, 08:11:10 PM »

Video and report on today's search on Indian Graves Road. It also mentions another search planned for Dudley Shoals tomorrow.

Thanks nicubird!

be scattered bones

OMG..... just watched this video and you are right.  Certainly sounds like what they might be referring to as an item of evidence could be another bone.  I HATE THIS!

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #548 on: November 09, 2010, 08:25:49 PM »

Click on more 

Klaas...that is just adorable.....thanks

Hi Sunny - I agree it is adorable.

Waiting for our Sleuth to find it       

And I just found this      I love it.  That is one happy little Koala.  I will post a whole row of them when I read the father is arrested.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: November 09, 2010, 08:26:44 PM »

Thanks nicubird!

be scattered bones

OMG..... just watched this video and you are right.  Certainly sounds like what they might be referring to as an item of evidence could be another bone.  I HATE THIS!
This area is just a bit north of the dump where they found the mattress.  It is almost like they were driving and randomly throwing out pieces of evidence as they drove.  I really hope it was not pieces of Zahra.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #550 on: November 09, 2010, 08:28:50 PM »

if that bone comes back as Zahras, and the police are searching elsewhere, then it's fair to assume what EB told police is that AB dismembered Zahra. Easier to find a whole body than pieces. (Although I cannot fathom the reasoning behind it if the child died from "natural causes") how can a parent stand by while you're child is ill and not seek medical help?
I'll bet they founf what the bone was wrapped in and that's what was sent to the lab as well. Sickos!!

I missed reading where the bone was wrapped in something.  Link please?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
justwondering
Scared Monkey

« Reply #551 on: November 09, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »

The pictures on NG that show the birth mother with the baby Z are so interesting because the birth mother 10 years ago looked so much like Z!
She doesn't now, though.  Her crying reminds me of Susan Smith's crying.  It's so contrived IMO.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: November 09, 2010, 08:31:03 PM »

Search for Zahra Baker hits one month mark (with video)

HICKORY, N.C. – The pile of stuffed animals and cards in front of the Hickory home where Zahra Baker’s family once lived is overflowing on Tuesday, exactly one month after the 10-year-old was reported missing.

"This story has touched us. We've been following it from day one on the computer, on the news hoping that they find some kind of clues, hoping they would find her, eventually some kind of clues and it is a shame this happened to this little girl,” said Valerie Caycedo.

But crews are still searching for crews. The most recent search took place on Indian Grave Road in Caldwell County, a heavily wooded area with a narrow dirt road.

Crews searched it before but came back for another look with more people, covering more ground.

Over the past month, search crews have combed a number of search sites. They found the young girl’s prosthetic leg on Oct. 26 at a search site off of Christie Road in Caldwell County. Zahra used a prosthetic leg and hearing aids after surviving two bouts of cancer in her native Australia.

The following Wednesday, a search team found a bone at the Christie Road search site. It was sent to the crime lab for testing. Police also submitted a mattress found at a Caldwell County landfill for DNA testing. Police have not released the results of those tests to the media.

Zahra’s father and stepmother, Adam and Elisa Baker, reported Zahra missing on Saturday, Oct. 9.

The following day Elisa Baker was arrested on charges unrelated to the child’s disappearance. Police say Elisa Baker admitted to writing a bogus ransom note during questioning. She has been charged with obstruction of justice and is currently in jail.

Police say Elisa Baker was initially uncooperative with the investigation, but began talking with investigators towards the end of October.

Adam Baker, Zahra’s biological father, was arrested on Oct. 25 to charges unrelated to Zahra’s disappearance. Police initially said that Adam Baker had outstanding warrants for worthless checks and they would arrest him when the time was appropriate. Adam Baker is out of jail on bond.

Zahra Baker’s biological mother, Emily Dietrich, lives in Australia. She says she battled postpartum depression shortly after Zahra was born and her husband, Adam, left with their daughter.

Dietrich says in recent years, she scoured the Internet searching for her daughter and three days before Zahra was reported missing, discovered she was living in North Carolina.

Police have said that they believe the 10-year-old is dead.

The search resumes Wednesday along Dudley Shoals Road.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/One-month-later-Zahra-Baker-case-a-mystery-106971784.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: November 09, 2010, 08:33:55 PM »

The pictures on NG that show the birth mother with the baby Z are so interesting because the birth mother 10 years ago looked so much like Z!
She doesn't now, though.  Her crying reminds me of Susan Smith's crying.  It's so contrived IMO.

I don't find Emily's crying contrived.  She could not have been involved in Zahra's disappearance as she was and is in Australia.  I see her as a mother torn to bits over the news of her daughter.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: November 09, 2010, 08:42:06 PM »

Do you have personal experience or know of someone else who has been in a similar situation? I watched Emily's interview on TV here in Australia and have also watched videos of excerpts from the interview as published in the US.  None of her crying appears contrived to me and all I see is a young woman heart broken over something that has happened to her child.  I do know of an elderly woman who 60 years after giving up her baby for adoption through no fault of her own still cries for what she is missing.

There have been other instances in this case where I feel the emotions displayed and the reactions by persons closer to what has happened are certainly contrived.

I have read similar views as you put out, here and also on other MP sites, and I think a lot of them are way off base.

IMO and all that stuff

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: November 09, 2010, 08:43:10 PM »

if that bone comes back as Zahras, and the police are searching elsewhere, then it's fair to assume what EB told police is that AB dismembered Zahra. Easier to find a whole body than pieces. (Although I cannot fathom the reasoning behind it if the child died from "natural causes") how can a parent stand by while you're child is ill and not seek medical help?
I'll bet they founf what the bone was wrapped in and that's what was sent to the lab as well. Sickos!!

I missed reading where the bone was wrapped in something.  Link please?

i read a couple of articles about the found bone, but i dont remember reading
it was wrapped in something, ill keep my eye out, if i see it ill post

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: November 09, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »

Crime Stoppers offers reward in Zahra Baker case (with video)

HIGH POINT – Tuesday afternoon the reward in the Zahra Baker case took another big jump, when the N.C. Crime Stoppers Association donated $1,000 to the reward fund.

Robyn Lee is the coordinator of High Point's Crime Stoppers program. Like many across the state, she's been keeping up with the case, and she noticed, initially, there wasn't a Crime Stoppers number broadcast.

"I made some phone calls to check out and see, it turns out, that the Hickory/Catawba program had sort of died out," said Lee.

She's on the board of directors of the state and Southeastern Crime Stoppers Associations.

"A lot of programs right now are struggling because of reward funds being down, everybody's having a tough time raising money these days," said Lee.

She and her counterparts called around and worked to fill the gap. They got $1,000 pledges from Crime Stoppers Programs in High Point and Winston-Salem along with Alexander, Caldwell and Cleveland Counties.

Caldwell County Crime Stoppers agreed to field calls, which could crack the case.

“It's an anonymous way for people to give information, so they don't have to worry about retaliation, they don't have to worry about going to court," said Lee.

In addition to capturing hearts across North Carolina, Zahra Baker's case has also drawn national and international attention."

“I just can't imagine, your heart not being touched by this, such a sad case, that little girl sounds like she's lived a very tough life," said Lee.

The 10 year old lost her leg to cancer and her hearing to chemotherapy. She was reported missing a month ago, when her father Adam Baker reported her missing. Investigators later canceled the Amber Alert after the Hickory girl's stepmother, Elisa Baker, admitted to writing a fake ransom note.

She's charged with obstruction of justice and is being held on a $65,000 bond. Adam Baker was arrested on charges unrelated to the case and is free on bond.

The case is being investigated as a homicide. Searchers have found Zahra's prosthetic leg in Caldwell county and a bone that's being tested at the state Medical Examiner's Office.

"Hopefully we can get some information, get some closure, for those who loved her and cared about her," said Lee.

And if you have any information about the Zahra Baker case, call Caldwell County Crime Stoppers at (828) 758-8300.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/zahra_baker_case/632561/crime-stoppers-offers-reward-in-zahra-baker-case
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: November 09, 2010, 09:01:41 PM »

One month later the search for Zahra continues (with video)

HICKORY, N.C. – Investigators searched another wooded area in Caldwell County as the search for Zahra Baker entered its second month.

The search area was north of Christie Road, where authorities discovered Zahra's prosthetic leg and a bone they believe might be connected to the case. Hickory Police Deputy Chief Clyde Deal said authorities will head back to a wooded area near Dudley Shoals Road in Granite Falls Wednesday. Investigators have been at that site at least one other time.

Deal said during the last month, searchers have collected more than 200 pieces of evidence, some of which have been sent to the SBI for testing. Other than the bone, police aren't saying what the other items are. The SBI gave the evidence its highest priority status.

The 10-year-old's parents reported her missing one month ago. Not long after, Hickory Police canceled the Amber Alert and the case turned into a homicide investigation. Since then, crews have combed through several remote areas in Catawba and Caldwell Counties and have meticulously searched through the 21st Avenue Hickory home from which the Bakers reported Zahra missing. They've since been evicted from that home.

As the days pass, a memorial outside that house continues to grow. But community members said their hope for any kind of resolution is fading.

"I believe [the search] has brought the community together, I really do," said Valerie Caysedo, as she and her husband placed two stuffed animals at the memorial for Zahra outside her Hickory home.  "Everybody's praying for her safe return. Again, unfortunately the longer it takes, the worse it seems."

Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, remains in jail, charged with writing a false ransom note.  Adam Baker, Zahra's father, was arrested on charges unrelated to the case, but has since bonded out.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/zahra_baker_case/632535/one-month-later-the-search-for-zahra-continues
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: November 09, 2010, 09:04:29 PM »

Did anyone watch Nancy Grace tonight?  I didn't but I'm being told via email that they interviewed one of the men searching today and he let it slip they found a bone today they think might be related to the case.  Let's watch for the NG transcript for tonights show.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: November 09, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »

Did anyone watch Nancy Grace tonight?  I didn't but I'm being told via email that they interviewed one of the men searching today and he let it slip they found a bone today they think might be related to the case.  Let's watch for the NG transcript for tonights show.

I did not see it.  I will watch it in a few hours now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.